3455 Ringsby Court #105
Denver, CO 80216Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fuelcafedenver.com/
- Phone: 3032964642
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Blair
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Blair 3032964642x
- Special Events: Versatile spaces available for small gatherings or space for 200 guests
A word from Fuel Cafe
Fuel is a hip, funky industrial restaurant serving as Denver's culinary outpost. Driven by the weather, the seasons and the moods of the cooks, Fuel's menu strives to provide a unique dining experience. Lunch revolves around upscale sandwiches, soups and salads among an eclectic mix of diners. Dinner features locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, eclectic wines and gracious service. Fuel is a one of a kind space - urban, garage chic, with a beautiful patio with views of the city and the mountains. Only Five minutes from Lodo. Come join us for small plates and a cocktail before a Rockies game, or make an evening with good friends, unique food and inexpensive wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fuel Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (20)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- closedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Somebody needs to make sure reservations are not taken for times when the restaurant is closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DSAPianoDined on 8/15/2014One of the best dining experiences I've had in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in River North!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent little spot in RiNo. It was a nice evening so we sat outside in a secluded corner of the patio, which was perfect for a date night. The tomato tarlet starter was absolutley fantastic, a great dish to use summer tomatoes. The duck breast was a festival of flavors with a very creative use of the champagne grapes. The stuffed poblano was tasty and comforting. We were too full to eat the chocolate chip waffle for dessert, but we saw it at the neighboring table and it looked out of this world.Special Features:
- Not impressed by any meansHananVIPDined on 8/1/2014the bottle of wine we ordered had to be chilled. .ordered two appetizers, lamb and the eggplant. And out came lamb and Zuchini. They weren't even busy. Lamb was overcuoked. Zucchini was breaded and yuck. eggplant way too salty. Small menu and overpriced and not impressive.
- GemColoradojewelDined on 7/27/2014I loved this little spot! The most amazing thing about it was the staff. They were very sweet, attentive, and professional. I wish they had a few more vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, sub par service.slalomnutVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is the second time I've been in the past 45 days and had surprisingly poor service. The waiter, Javier, was friendly but disappeared for long stretches of time. It took 45 minutes to order our main entree and it wasn't noticed that more than half the tables drinks and water glasses were empty when we placed our order. Appetizers too approximately 30 minutes to receive but the entrees were out within 15 minutes of ordering them and all of it was quite delicious. Please step up the service.Special Features:
- Fuel continues to be my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Over the last 3 or 4 years I've been to Fuel Cafe about 8 times. Because the menu is constantly changing I don't think I've ever had the same thing twice. Neither appetizer, entrée, dessert or wine. The service is always helpful, attentive, unobtrusive and friendly. The food is always unique and inspired. The patio is shaded and cool in the summer. I love taking new people and old friends to fuel because I know I won't have a bad experience. This is always my favorite.Special Features:
- Off beaten track gemKanzashiDined on 7/10/2014Dinner with friend - all meals were exceptionally prepared and plated. Service was excellent - there when you need them but otherwise unobtrusive. Lamb mezzaluna and lemon trio dessert stood out. Small well thought out menu. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long nightFoodie2Dined on 7/3/2014Absolutely, without a doubt, one of the worst dining experience I have had in years in Denver. Won't be returning. Service was abysmal and snarky. We left the restaurant after 9:30pm having appeared on time for a 6:45pm reservation. Food, while flavorful, was cold. They announced that they would comp dessert, then never came back for the order. Needed to go to the service station to do that. When I calmly asked at the end of the evening what had happened that night, I was told that they just didn't anticipate the number of diners. There was a total of 4 tables with an average of 4 people per table in the entire restaurant!!! There are too many great places to eat in Denver without having to endure a night like that. So long.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/2/2014Very nice outdoor seating. Indoor is rather plain. Chef is very imaginative, and service was terrific.
- Unusual poor serviceslalomnutVIPDined on 6/28/201406/29 - I dine here occasionally, both for lunch and dinner, and generally have good to excellent service but tonight's waiter, although very friendly, was gone at long stretches at t time leaving the table with empty water and wine glasses. As always, the food was spectacular and we will continue to go back unless this becomes the norm.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Absolutely amazing. From the food, to the ambiance, to the service, everything was incredible. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great AgainAcedenverDined on 6/28/2014Love the food here--unassuming but complex. Loved the outside patio!Special Features:
- Excellent brunchlauravVIPDined on 6/22/2014I had an EXCELLENT brunch here on a Sunday morning. As long as it's not too hot, the outdoor patio is gorgeous. The service and food were both excellent.. absolutely don't miss the scones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great barFoodiewannabeDined on 6/21/2014This neighborhood gem is worth the wait. Great staff, an amazing mixologist, and superb food, makes this a foodie paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Least Notable Dining ExperiencebeentheredoneitDined on 6/20/2014We have been coming fairly routinely to Fuel for special occasion dinners for over two years. The food is always quirky and exceptional. We were there on Friday, June 20th shortly after 5 p.m. There were not a lot of people there and so the wait staff was not extremely busy. In the past, we have always enjoyed our conversation with the pleasant staff, however, our server Brett was the least friendly server we have ever had. The only pleasant conversation she really had with us is when she realized we did not request change on our meal ticket. She acted as if we were interrupting her time with the other staff members. Very disappointing and took away from our dining experience - we may go back, but it will be awhile -Special Features:
- Great spot for a nightottergirlDined on 5/31/2014unassuming building and the cab driver had a hard time finding it; but well worth the wait. Didn't realize when I made the reservation indoor outdoor and tables pretty close together, Food was excellent, service attentive and server understood the menu and made great suggestions. A little loud if you are looking for a romantic dinner - my dining companion had a tough time hearing each other over the other dinersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food adventureMoInCoDined on 5/24/2014We loved sharing various small plates. The chef uses fresh ingredients and puts his own twist on the combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemMEV5VIPDined on 5/24/2014Fuel Cafe is located off the beaten path, yet really close to downtown and neighborhoods surrounding to the north, west and east. Food was great, albeit a smaller menu. Service was awesome, we had a leisurely dinner and never felt rushed! Highly recommend this adventure...Special Features:
- DisappointingRianVIPDined on 5/24/2014I had high expectations of this restaurant since it was listed #9 in the 5280 Top 25 restaurants for Denver in 2013. The food was good but not spectacular, and the portions were egregiously small. A mediocre value.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We were a bit disappointed with the dinner menu. Lots of options for meat eaters, but few fish/veggie options.
- go for the food not the dessertColoradoNativeDined on 5/22/2014Had a fantastic time enjoying a birthday dinner with my girlfriend. The food was amazing and the new option of ciders was a wonderful surprise. The only thing lacking was the dessert. The main course was moderately sized with fantastic flavors and textures. The dessert was way to deconstructed. And when you consider the entire dessert fit on 3 spoon fulls....well it wasnt our cup of tea. :-) we visited little man ice cream to satisfy our sweet tooth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Drinks take forever, food is so so for the price. Not bad, but nothing you will remember.
- Fuel Cafe is okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The food was good, service was okay. A little expensive given the small portions. I'm glad I tried it, but don't plan to go back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Seeking OutmarcoliusVIPDined on 5/3/2014I like a place that's confident enough to have a limited menu. Fuel nails it. Everything was great. Inventive without being cute, and very well executed. We made a meal just of appetizers. It's crowded and noisy, but the food was worth it.Special Features:
- not great for brunchOutstandinDined on 4/27/2014I had dinner here years ago and the food and drinks were tasty. The brunch menu was not too tempting and much of the food was mediocre though the french toast was great. Probably not the place to go for brunch in Denver. There are so many other fantastic places.
- So disappointingdenverjayhawkDined on 4/25/2014The food is bland and overpriced. We were really excited to try it and were very disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2014Kind of pricey for what you get. Everything was very salty... Very cool space. The service was slow but knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 515 reviews are from the Fuel Cafe reviews archive.
- Food is delicious! Small menuLove2eatVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food is delicious! Small menu but wide variety of foods offered. Love that all is organic and sustainable. Everyone who works there is friendly and it's a place you want to come back to especially since they change their menu frequently according to what's fresh and available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two great mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2014I've had two great meals, one lunch and one brunch, at Fuel Café. Excellent wine list, they were just awarded the best of Westword restaurant wine list. Great service, inspired menu, well lit on sunny days with the perfect patio for sipping rosé. We will be back for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food, Great WineMoniqueWashParkDined on 4/4/2014We had one of the best meals in recent memory at Fuel. Not a huge menu, but it changes frequently and everything we ordered was outstanding. For appetizers, we had octopus and duck confit. Both were wonderful. For main courses, we choose beef and pork. Again wonderful. I am not doing justice to any of these dishes, since I cannot remember the details of all that went into them. But, rest assured, all the dishes were inventive and interesting combinations of simply delicious ingredients. We ordered wine by the glass, and those were also great. The service was friendly and attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.klkinneyDined on 4/2/2014Long story short: Our food was a bit slow coming out of the kitchen, but delicious when it arrived. The pork - oh my goodness! Succulent and perfectly seasoned, and the fennel and bean puree on the side were nice departures from the more expected potatoes. Others at the table raved about their steak and halibut. Fuel's location can be off-putting for some. I say it's well worth it to go off the beaten path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit over rated.DanoDined on 3/29/2014Nice place. Great chicken. Not too eager to go back.
- Out of the Way Riverfront CuisineDenverKeithDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I have been working our way through the "Top 25" restaurants in the Denver/ Boulder area- courtesy of 5280- and were surprised to see a place north along the river. While it is a bit difficult to get to, the food was quite good. The wine list was not very extensive, but we found a good French bottle to share. The one thing that we did notice was that the dining area/ bar are very close to each other. This setup resulted in a very loud main dining area. It was a bit difficult to hear what the person in front of you was saying, making the ambience suffer a bit. The food is fairly standard "fine dining" faire- well executed, with a few missteps here and there. Overall, I would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW Fuel Cafe a Gem!BuzzDined on 3/20/2014Go for the food, service, selection and appropriately attentive service! Did I write that the food and service are GOOD. Fuel needs no modifier to GOOD.Special Features:
- Great Food w/ Gluten Free optionsdenverDined on 3/14/2014I had a chicken with pimiento cheese grits and chorizo relleno dish that I thought was delicious. My dining partner had a steak with potato scallion cakes. She loved the potato cakes, but described the steak as cooked perfectly; however, not the greatest cut of meat. Although the menu didn't list Gluten Free selections the waiter was able to help me navigate the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite up to the hype butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Not quite up to the hype but a unique place that clearly cares about quality and originality.Special Features:
- Fueled Up!eclecticeaterDined on 3/1/2014Dining at Fuel was a delightful experience. From the imaginative before dinner cocktails through the sumptuous short ribs and sprouts with beer jam to bread pudding donuts, every bite was amazing!Special Features:
- Love Fuel! I think it's greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/28/2014Love Fuel! I think it's great they change their menu so often and everything we've ever had has been fantastic. Definitely will make it a point to come back, great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in a funky neighborhoodDuckMyFavoriteVegtableDined on 2/28/2014Went for restaurant week, will definitely go back. We had the carrot soup, beet and burrata for first course; short ribs, steak with sweet potato hash for second course; blood orange meringue, chess pie for third. All which were amazing!! Wish we had more people so we could have tried more dishes. Our server while young was well versed in food with excellent recommendations and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.