Fuego @ La Posada de Santa Fe
330 East Palace Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Fuego @ La Posada de Santa Fe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laposadadesantafe.com/dining/fuego-restaurant/
- Phone: 5059549670x
- Hours of Operation:
Open every day from 6:30 am - 11:00 pm. Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30 am - 11:00 am and Sundays from 6:30 am - noon; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Contemporary Mexican, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The resort offers wedding and meeting facilities, featuring our award-winning cuisine, for up to 300 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the elegance of the Victorian Rose Room for smaller groups up to 10 or the Southwestern Viga Room for groups of up to 45 people. The resort offers additional meeting space, including a ballroom, for up to 300 people.
- Private Party Contact: David Stone 5059549618x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on the patio or the adjoining Staab House Bar on Wednesday through Sunday nights.
- Special Events: Join us for Thanksgiving. Call 505-986-0000 for reservations.
A word from Fuego @ La Posada de Santa Fe
Taste the flavors of New Mexico at Fuego. Experience award-winning classical and innovative regional cuisine. Savor breakfast, lunch, dinner or an exquisite glass of wine by our fire or on our patio during warmer months. Let our friendly staff pamper you as you enjoy Santa Fe's most romantic dining destination and continual winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fuego @ La Posada de Santa Fe reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Hidden treasureLuvLifeDined on 9/2/2014We had dinner the other night in the gorgeous garden. The setting is so lovely with the flowers, the fountain and fireplace. The service was great and the food was terrific. I will go back again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/23/2014For a place as special as La Posada (great rooms, spa and location), I wanted the restaurant overall to be better. It just does not measure up with the good Santa Fe restaurants. That being said, the Pat Malone jazz trio is the best music in Santa Fe no doubt. PS: we did not receive our Open Table points for this night.Special Features:
- Convenient for La Posada GuestsLoneTreeBillDined on 8/22/2014Last weekend, I had a dinner and two breakfast/brunches at Fuego--actually the patio restaurant, not the indoor restaurant. The food was good, but not great. The service was very good. Given the number of outstanding restaurants in Santa Fe, especially near the Plaza, Fuego's main attribute is its convenient location for guests at La Posada.Special Features:
- patio diningmiloVIPDined on 8/20/2014Nice quiet setting, good late night choices, also breakfast lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- patio diningmiloVIPDined on 8/19/2014Nice late night menu, patio in very nice setting, open breakfast, lunch, dinner, late nightSpecial Features:
- It changedswaiamanVIPDined on 8/15/2014It used to be a marvelous formal dining room. Now it's an outdoor cafe and while the mainly Southwestern cuisine is ok, the kitchen can't handle the crowd. We waited 20 minutes for a server to appear; half an hour for the drinks to come; longer for the first course, etc. The hostess comped the entire meal. I wouldn't go back.
- watch the spice!samtDined on 8/10/2014decent service, nice ambience. food tends to be spicy, recommend to get sauces on the side.Special Features:
- Terrible food and service!Cupcake50Dined on 8/8/2014I was so disappointed with my experience at Fuego. The service was so bad I had to go up to the hostess desk and tell the manager. I also asked to be moved because of screaming children at the table behind us. I was so embarrassed because I brought a colleague, who was new to Santa Fe, to the restaurant. On top of having a waitress who couldn't remember ANYTHING we asked her for, the food was bland and cold. I've never had a poor dining experience in Santa Fe in my 20 years of visiting until Fuego. I won't be returning; total waste of money!
- Rip-offKatoDined on 8/6/2014We had dinner on Wed., 8/6/2014. The restaurant was not very busy. We waited forever for our waiter to come over, to take our drink order, to receive our cocktails, for him to take our food order, to get the food, and finally to get the bill. We debated whether to leave a tip at all, but decided to give 10% to send a message. When we received our credit card statement, the tip was increased to 25%--of course, not authorized by us. We will never go back to Fuego or to La Posada and will advise our friends not to either.
- menuCupcakeDined on 8/5/2014The menu, particularly the bar menu, needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL. Tired offerings (hummus, calamari, guacamole & chips, etc.), nothing really fresh and tasty. We love the patio ambience, have been there several times recently, but will not come back unless there are LOTS of menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spot to eat in Santa FeOperawarhorsesdotcomVIPDined on 8/2/2014I make a couple of trips to Santa Fe each summer and almost always schedule a meal at the Fuego. As in many New Mexican restaurants the emphasis is on such New Mexican staples as quesadillas, burritos, enchiladas, fish tacos et al. All are nicely done and tasty. Service and ambience is great.Special Features:
- So So for a high rated placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014There were only 6 people in the restaurant and 1/2 of the patio, it took about 11 to 12 minutes to get our drink order, and when asked why so long, the waitress said 'we're busy'.....that did it for us. Food was just so so. Breakfast was very good.
- DisappointedTravelersVIPDined on 6/28/2014No reservations were honored and we were not notified ahead of time that a wedding party had booked the entire restaurant and patio.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Fuego @ La Posada de Santa Fe reviews archive.
- Below expectationsOK4aTryoutDined on 5/30/2014The food was about like most restaurants we visit in Santa Fe, nothing special or exceptional. Service was a bit slow. We dined in the patio. The table rocked - not stable until we folded a napkin and put it under one leg. Entertainers were TOO loud.
- DisappointedHLSJDined on 5/25/2014After reading reviews we were excited to try Fuego, but were quickly disappointed. The atmosphere and the price points didn't seem to match the menu offerings. Once we were served, the tacos were dry and bland. Neither dish we ordered, arrived with the sides we specifically asked about. Aside from one woman that was actually trying, the service was slow and terrible. Skip this one.
- Outdoor DiningGFDinerDined on 5/17/2014The patio at Fuego was amazing. A beautiful patio secluded from traffic and the noise of the city. A peaceful and relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully decoratedMarieVIPDined on 5/14/2014Fuego is a lovely setting for a meal, beautifully decorated in the Santa Fe style. The food is quite good, and since our waiter was new (and inadequately trained) the service was cheerful but spotty. The resort was in the process of changing from an independent property to part of a group of luxury hotels at the time of our visit, so service will likely be good once the transition is settled. Everyone was sincerely eager to be helpful. Overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Good food, great service. Drinks were overpriced, though. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Great Food-Special AnniversaryDiningDurangoansDined on 4/18/2014Really wonderful meals, excellent help in selecting a wine to match, made our 1st anniversary celebration something that we'll remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not entirely available for lunch..SantaFeRobDined on 4/5/2014Unfortunately, upon arriving, we were informed that the main dining room was closed and we were directed to the bar. We chose instead a Library table as it was a bit more formal. We were told this was no problem as the regular menu was still available. Unfortunately, we discovered that the menu has also been cut in half. The menu you will find here is no longer active. As two in our party of five have dietary restrictions which could not be accommodated by the provided menu, we gave up. Our waitress was very kind, but was limited to what she could do. She said they could prepare anything on the previous menu, which we had to pull up on our phones, but at this point, we elected to go elsewhere. Hopefully the service improves.
- Fuego...Not so hotLocalLocalDined on 3/28/2014Santa Fe local that tends to try to get out and try the "hot" places, but found Fuego not so hot. The service was okay and the staff was nice, but very slow considering there were only a few diners at the time. I ordered a drink (beer) mid-way through the meal which took way too long and when it arrived it was wrong. I was almost done with the meal and didn't much care at that point. Should have just sent it back. The food we ordered was blah and not excellent as expected. We tried several small plates and one entree. Entree (Carnita Tacos) were the best thing, but still nothing great. We've been to their bar and the bar food is excellent. Just go there instead, have good food, and save some cash.Special Features:
- Dinner in the BarScottsdaleDinerVIPDined on 3/16/2014We made reservations, and there was no mention that the restaurant was closed, so it was a bit of a surprise when we were directed to the bar. Having said this, dinner was very good, a nice cowboy singing with guitar, and the staff was helpful and attentive. The restaurant is in part of an 1880s Santa Fe home which was converted to an inn and dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary food, pitiful serviceJAW1983Dined on 3/7/2014The food is top notch. We had the flautas, bacon corn chowder, steak chimichurri, and truffle fries. Each item was some of the best we ever had. Also, my date was crazy about the margarita. The service was atrocious. Despite being at 10% capacity, we waited 10 min to be seated for our reservation. We were seated next to a 12 person group table in an empty restaurant despite asking for a quiet, romantic table for 2. I should note that on request, we were moved, although it would have been nice if they'd read our notes on OpenTable. Our waiter was awkward and took on average 10 min to check in, despite being his only table. The food is worth going, just be prepared to suffer through the service, which makes the experience seem over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant week mealKWS1Dined on 3/1/2014Fuego offered a great menu for restaurant week. We'll worth it, the food was quote yummy and the service was friendly and accommodating. We each had the filet which was cooked perfectly, accompanied by a delightful sweet potato and green chile dish that I hope to recreate. We eat there at least once a month, their regular menu is quite varied with something for everyone. I. The warmer months they have a lovely outdoor patio, just beware not to be there when they are hosting g a wedding, we have heard some of the worst wedding bands ever!!!Special Features:
- We went for Restaurant Week.bbjoVIPDined on 2/28/2014We went for Restaurant Week. The dessert was wonderful because they served 4 large bite-sized portions of their most popular desserts- a great idea.Special Features:
- Absolutely awesomeJulioDined on 2/28/2014I'm not going to write a long review. All my wife and I have to say about Fuego is: OUTSTANDING! Will go back anytime and will take our friends and family anytime we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuego in the BellyEppyKurianDined on 2/26/2014La Posada is a landmark site in Santa Fe and the ambience of the old hotel carries into the dining room. You can almost hear the dinner conversations of the late 1800s and rowdiness of the ranchers and cowboys at the bar. Fix prix dinner was well thought out, the food lived up to the menu's promise, and the service was friendly and enjoyed serving. Most of our party had the filet, which was tender and juicy and served with a really good sweet potato casserole dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2014We ate dinner during restaurant week in Santa Fe, which provides a basic menu with a set price. It was really, really good. The filet was cooked perfectly and the accompanying sweet potato gratin was amazing. I really could have considered the grilled romaine appetizer a complete meal in itself. The atmosphere was calm and tables were separated nicely so we didn't overhear everyone else's conversation, which is a definite plus.Special Features:
- This 4 diamond resort unexpectedlydrcjhaleVIPDined on 2/18/2014This 4 diamond resort unexpectedly failed in the culinary experience. The menu was not paired (New Mexican/California Southwest food) with the extensive wine list which was notable. Does one order a Spanish, Italian, Californian, French wine with flautas?
- Splendid experienceponderquestDined on 2/14/2014What a great experience. Service was provided by mostly young people whose enthusiasm and energy was contagious yet did not destroy the ambiance of the beautiful setting. Food was excellent . Bass was perfect. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Extremely disappointed uponluv2dineVIPDined on 1/22/2014Extremely disappointed upon arrival and we were not seated in the Fuego Restraurant which was where we made our reservations. We found there was an event going on and redirected to the salon off the bar. I do not like that room, dislike the ambiance and the art. This was a lunch for a very special friend who requested the Fuego for lunch.Special Features:
- Large family groupLargefamilyDined on 1/2/2014Eight of us on vacation - 4 adults, 3 teens, and a toddler . The varied menu allowed everyone to choose easily., and the food was well- prepared and delicious. We were a large table, and we appreciated the quiet atmosphere which allowed good conversation. Valet parking was a bonus.Special Features:
- fuego - la posadaJessicaDined on 12/27/2013Great ambiance with a good menu and quality food - but clearly short on staffing. That was very noticable with the hostess setting up and bussing tables, and handling the coat-check area, too.Special Features:
- Christmas dinnerSDJGVIPDined on 12/25/2013The food tasted good, however, the staff was obviously very stretched during the service of Christmas dinner. Everything took a long time from placing our orders to finally getting served. The beet and goat cheese salads were served without goat cheese. The big room in the back, where we sat, lacked atmosphere and it was freezing. This could be easily remedied with some imaginative decorating and space heaters. Better trained staff and some decorative tweaks could have made this a much more enjoyable evening.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013My family and I went to Fuego on Christmas and had their prefixed menu. Usually we don't go out for dinner on Christmas because resturants tend to get extremely busy and the quality goes down. However Fuego seemed to take the busyness with stride and gave us an great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant prix fix Xmas dinnernordicaVIPDined on 12/24/2013Fuego has been many things over the past 10 years, so our expectations were muted. They executed a busy but enjoyable evening on 24 Dec. The entrees were very good, if not adventurous, but for mainstream tastes successful and well prepared. Service was very friendly.Special Features:
- Thank you to the great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Thank you to the great staff for making our Christmas dinner special!Special Features:
- We had Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/28/2013We had Thanksgiving dinner there, and it was very good.Special Features:
- We had Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013We had Thanksgiving dinner there. Very overpriced for food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ThanksgivingJB59Dined on 11/28/2013We enjoyed Thanksgiving here. The food, especially the squash soup, was very good. The room has nice ambiance. The wine list is so-so. I ordered a $9 Pinot Noir that was just bad. Our observant and thoughtful server offered me the opportunity to exchange it for a glass of $12 Rioja -- which was passable, but should've been better. These are not inexpensive by-the-glass prices and I'm not a snob so it's tough to understand why the selections aren't better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.