4455 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89169Neighborhood:
Hard Rock Hotel
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas-restaurants/fu
- Phone: 7025228188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Ming See Woo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fu has a private dining room that seats up to 40 guests. The subtle Asian-inspired wood decor is a perfect setting for any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Duran 7025228188
A word from Fu
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino offers guests a unique culinary experience with Fú, an Asian dining destination bringing good fortune and great food to patrons. Fit for both casual and adventurous guests, dishes evoke exotic flavors fired up by Executive Chef Ming See Woo. The Woo family has had a long and successful career in the Chinese restaurant business in Las Vegas opening Mayflower in 1976 and, most recently, Woo in 2008. Now Hard Rock Hotel is the exclusive location of Executive Chef Ming See Woo’s culinary creations Located adjacent to the HRH Tower valet and self-park, Woo has prepared a mouthwatering menu of signature Asian tapas such as the ever-popular crispy Curry Lobster Puffs, Spicy Thai Basil Minced Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Crispy Japanese Calamari with Salt & Jalapeño. Among the favorite entrées are Grilled Tenderloin of Beef with Spicy Fu Sauce, Tropical Fried Brown Rice with Shrimp & Chicken, Sea Bass with Sake-Miso Glaze and Pan Fried Scallops with Soy Mirin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fu reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (4)good for groups (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- tasty, reasonably pricednjlowbDined on 8/24/2014Stopped in nearly last minute with a small group and we left happy. Good food, nice low-key atmosphere, didn't break the bank. Make sure you leave room for the unexpected delicious beignets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent -- Service UnevenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014As the title indicates, the food was good, but the service was very uneven. Very large gap in time between the appetizer and main courses. Then my companion's food came before mine and then we both had to wait almost 10 minutes for the Chicken Fried Rice to catch up with the rest of the main course. I have no idea if this is a chronic issue, but it happened with us and was moderately irritating. Overall though, the food was excellent.
- Extremely poorkbhershVIPDined on 7/5/2014I went there because I was going to a concert at the venue there. It took 30 minutes to deliver a beer and another 30 minutes to deliver tepid food. I have had better tasting Chinese food from Panda Express than the food at Fu. The staff seemed unaware there was a concert at the venue or that it was a weekend. Horrible service and poor management !
- Just what we neededsiimonDined on 6/29/2014After dining at family restaurants my husband and I were craving food without cheeses, fries or unecessary sweetness. Fu was just what we were looking for. Singapore noodles, pot sticker dumplings, wonton soup, Japanese fried calamari and chicken fried rice. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegas findnorcaldm1Dined on 6/26/2014Fu is a great place to dine with a group because the food is very good and the price is reasonable. I would recommend it without reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was ok to eat, nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Food was ok, nothing special - descriptions in the menue are not detailed enough. prices are a little high for that food/service. we fonished our starters and the waiter removed the used plates - and put the used cutlery on our new plates...
- Fu - Hard Rock HotelEBKAUFMANDined on 6/21/2014One of the hidden gems in Las Vegas. The food is high quality with great prices. I highly recommend it to locals and visitors.Special Features:
- Atmosphere atmosphere atmosphere !GroopDined on 6/19/2014Enjoy the atmosphere and great service. Food is good but not as creative as many of the off the strip sushi opportunities.Special Features:
- Always greatLasveganDined on 6/13/2014We have been fans since the old Mayflower Cuisinier days. The food has always been outstanding and many of our favorites are still on the menu along with great new dishes. Since it is inside the Hard Rock, it would be great for before or after a show or any dinner occasion. We love to take out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Fu reviews archive.
- Anniversary DinnerfacjacDined on 4/9/2014Place was busy, but not too busy. Service was very attentive and helpful with menu choices. Excellent suggestions by waiter. Not too longbof wait in between courses. Dishes were very flavorful and hot. Duck was cooked perfectly, Salt & pepper pork chops was tender. Dessert wasvexcellent, chocolate beniget I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014my wife and I celebrated our anniversary. You guys gave us the best table in the restaurant, the food was incredible! Thank you for a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was dining aloneCousinsDined on 3/8/2014Food was yummy. Appetizer small considering price. Entree very good value. Was starting to get busier as I was leaving. Two other solo diners, several couples, several small groups and a large group there by then. Very welcoming of the solo diner which is always nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dining ExperiencejbearDined on 2/27/2014We were celebrating my husbands birthday. It was our first dining experience at FU and we will definitely return next time in Vegas. The food was amazing and the waitstaff was very friendly. They were great to notice the comment in the reservation about it being my husband's birthday. Only concern was they did charge for the dessert they brought out for the birthday surprise. Most places that's complimentary.Special Features:
- Noodles to die for!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014I had the Hong Kong Noodles and can't wait to go back for more. Service was excellent. A very nice cocktail list and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner!happytummiesDined on 1/10/2014this place is very quiet, considering its in a casino! our food and drinks were outstanding. every staff member who walked by took care of us, not just our waiter. very nice people, and we would definitely go back! they also had numerous gluten free choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long walk for luke warm reservationMegamomSeattleDined on 1/7/2014First nite in Vegas, walked too far to Hard Rock for Fu's only to to be told we couldn't sit in the restaurant because they were "booked". Turns out there was going to be a party much later but we were in & out way before anyone showed....anyway we were starved. The Lo Mein was a bit greasy for me. Asked for pan fried, which meant cooked to me. The small plates decent. Kept my water glass filled. Music was too loud and unknown alternative rock, which seemed wrong for an Asian theme restaurant, call me crazy. Because we shared the restaurant staff with one other diner, we had great service. Would pass going again.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/22/2013Locals have been enjoying the Family recipes for years. Tourist get the benefit of the location now. Always a nice treat when we get down to the Hard Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointACVegasDined on 12/16/2013I really wanted to go out for some Chinese food for my birthday. I had a dining credit so decided to try FU. What a nice surprise. The food was very good and the service was good. It had a nice atmosphere and was very reasonable considering it was in the Hard Rock. I'd recommend it to anyone for most occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fu-TasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013We wanted to grab a light bite before the Cirque Couture charity event held at the Hard Rock. Fu's menu of tapas fit the bill. We shared several of the dishes between our party of four and enjoyed the diverse tastes we experienced. The menu is expansive and covers a wide range of entrees. The staff was accommodating and delivered with great service. All in all our time at Fu was great overall epicurean experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fú is FabulousSylvieVIPDined on 11/17/2013I was thrilled to learn that Ming See Woo had opened another restaurant, and I was not disappointed. She is a great chef and her skill with flavors and ingredients was evident in the dishes. The Peking Duck was perfect. I shall be back many times.Special Features:
- They need to get it together!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2013After making a dinner reservation at 7pm Saturday night, we showed up 5 minutes prior. Party of 3. We were told they are no longer seating anyone., even with a rez.. Told they only have THREE servers an are not taking any more diners. Half of the tables were empty and they were turning diners with reservations away! My husband demanded the manager. Suddenly, the hostess decided that yes, we could come in. Our steamed edemame and potstickers took about 25 min to come out. Our main course came out about 30 minutes later. Needless to say, they need to SERIOUSLY improve their operating standards. It should not take 45+ minutes to get average Chinese food AND they need to rethink their scheduling. Reservations should NEVER be turned away.
- We were disappointed thatParilDined on 11/7/2013We were disappointed that they did not appear to have a full bar, options on hard alcohol were limited and had to go to the bar outside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent foodPtrummDined on 10/16/2013Had pork buns and miso soaked sea bass. Just excellent!Special Features:
- UnremarkablealexjohnsonDined on 10/11/2013Not terrible, just not very good. For a hip venue not much of that is rubbing off in the restaurant, and the food was underwhelming. Singapore noodles were not spicy, and having asked for no pork - which was honored - they served a sum total of four shrimp in a plate of noodles that could have been bought in a dried packet for $1.99. It was inoffensive enough and service fine, but places like this can only exist in the captive bubble of a casino where it's a schlep to go anywhere else. My advice? The schlepp is probably worth it.
- Great place to eat at the Hard Rockjahawk888VIPDined on 10/8/2013Second time dining here. The food was very good, and the prices were fair. The staff was extremely attentive and made several very good recommendations. Not sure what happened with the coctail I ordered, but I think it was 100% alcohol (not complaining). The "Lunch Bowl" special for around $10 can't be beat. Could not finish it all. Do yourself a favor the next time you are at the Hard Rock and stop in for a pleasant mealI would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected better...BlueEyesCryinDined on 10/5/2013I was thinking the quality of food would be better than take-out Chinese food given this was a Vegas restaurant in the Hard Rock. But we would have had more tasty selections at P.F Chang's. This restaurant is just "ok" and their drink menu was pretty limited. Sake selection was just "hot" or "cold". The best thing about the restaurant was how unbelievably nice the service staff was!
- Nothing SpecialLoopsDined on 10/4/2013To sum it up: BLAND and Uninspiring dining. Don't expect anything special when you come here. What you will get is your basic Asian cuisine, including noodles, soups, chow mien. The food (and drinks), are fair, but definitely nothing you will be talking about the next day. Easily forgettable. My pad thai had almost zero flavor, and they just added some red pepper flakes as an aside when I asked for "medium spicy". Chicken was a bit rubbery and did not taste fresh. Hot and sour soup was run of the mill. If you're looking for a unique asian experience in Vegas, look elsewhere. This place may be good if you're starving and there's nowhere else to go. Another thing: Slow service.
- My husband & i were pleasantlyluluVIPDined on 8/24/2013My husband & i were pleasantly surprised !! The food was amazing!! Looking forward to going there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fu, Asian fusion at Hard Rock HotelLorriDined on 8/9/2013What a wonderful selection of Asian dishes! Tapas for lighter or more adventurous diners. Customized Asian Zodiac cocktail menu was fun. Three of us ordered entrees and were very pleased. My Wok Fried Salmon with Creamy Thai Basil sauce was crunchy on the outside and delicious and medium rare (my request) on the inside. Hot and Sour soup and Won Ton soups were also stand-outs. Great evening! I plan to return for a client lunch next week.Special Features: