182 Ave B
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fusushi.com/
- Phone: 2123751426
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: FuShing Cheung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We do on-site and pick up Catering. With efficient timing we can either prepare platters for delivery or pick up. We can also provide on-site service: providing on the spot sushi making and also provide servers, bartenders and photographers.
- Entertainment: We catered to private parties: Happy Hours,$1 Oysters, Blow fish event, Live Uni Parties, Bridal Shower, Birthdays, Business Lunches, Anniversary, Corporate events, Naked sushi Party.
A word from Fu Sushi
Welcome to Fu Sushi. In fall of 2008, Fu Sushi opened in the LES in Manhattan. Fu owner of Fu Sushi wanted to bring the freshest possible Sushi to the community. Fu wanted to Educate and allow the community to create a consciousness about everyday fresh seafood choices. Sourcing from the vast variety of oversea exotic fishes, as well as other local seafood. Fu Sushi highlights their fishes to be as fresh as possible. To ensure to our patrons satisfaction with our selections, we welcome special request of any seasonal fish that can be obtain on the Market.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fu Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very fun thanks to the BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012Very fun thanks to the BYOB policy and great service. Ton of fun for the priceSpecial Features:
- Really fantastic sushi, smallOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2012Really fantastic sushi, small place. Great date spot, BYOB.Special Features:
- Had a great time at Fu Sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012Had a great time at Fu Sushi. Prices were reasonable, service was pleasant, very nice selection of sushi, and the atmosphere was great. Restaurant is BYO which is a huge plus in NYC!Special Features:
- Great place for 2-4 people.ssa2014Dined on 3/10/2012Great place for 2-4 people. Lots of variety. Low prices, high quality. BYOB.Special Features:
- Kinda disappointing for aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2012Kinda disappointing for a Zagat 25 rated... this doesn't compare to some of the 26 Zagat rated restaurants.Special Features:
- Go to Fu!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2012This place is great for low key dining and delicious sushi. It's especially good for vegetarians, who usually get limited options at sushi restaurants. Not so at Fu. Many options for vegetarians. The presentation of all sushi was really beautiful and everything tasted great. The portions were generous and the ingredients were fresh.
- Great sushi! service was alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2011Great sushi! service was also wonderful. Would definitely come backSpecial Features:
- Went with some friends bothOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/26/2011Went with some friends both from in and out of town. We each tried a different roll, whether Fu's own or traditional, and all were great.Special Features:
- their crazy roll was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011their crazy roll was amazing! by far my favorite roll I have had in a long timeSpecial Features:
- The fact that it is BYOB isBernRivoDined on 7/2/2011The fact that it is BYOB is a large attraction. Lot of fun for a large group / birthday party.Special Features:
- This spot has GREAT sushi,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/8/2011This spot has GREAT sushi, but the service is SO terrible. The hostess and waitstaff are so rude. The ambience is a bit strange. It is definitely a hole in the wall. Their sushi is fantastic though.
- Very fresh sushi and solidmtechnkDined on 4/1/2011Very fresh sushi and solid rolls tucked in a cozy, dark space. The service was attentive and while comfortable, the small space can get loud at peak times. Definitely a great find and not "over-produced."Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2011This was an amazing meal! I took my Dad there for his birthday. They let us bring in our own bottle of Prosecco and there was no corking fee. The sushi was some of the best my Dad has had he said outside of Tokyo. The waiter was relaxed and and knew to hold back and let us talk for a while. I was very very impressed. And as a vegetarian the vegetable rolls were incredible!Special Features:
- A cozy tasty wonderful sushi gem!LanafoodieVIPDined on 3/5/2011Absolutely a gem and a great find. Its cozy, romantic, has great service and great food!Special Features:
- Absolutely love the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2011Absolutely love the food. There's always something new and everything is just so fresh. Can't wait to go back again.
- Went on Christmas Eve so itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2010Went on Christmas Eve so it was REALLY quiet. There were at most 2 parties (including us) in there at one time, so I can't speak for the noise level and environment on a normal basis. Ordered the sushi-sashimi combo for 2, and received the standard types of fish in it. The tuna left something to be desired, but everything else was lovely - especially the salmon. My girlfriend found the onion-mushroom soup too sweet and salty, but personally I found it palpable. Price for the plate was what you would expect from a Japanese restaurant.Special Features:
- Great BYOB hole-in-the-wall.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2010Great BYOB hole-in-the-wall. Fun with friends before a night on the town.Special Features:
- I was with a party of 10 andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2010I was with a party of 10 and Fu Sushi handled us with ease. Love the BYOB aspect, and the food was delicious. Great service!
- The food was fine, the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/3/2010The food was fine, the prices were good. Basically the best thing about this place was the BYOB-no corkage fee feature. Other than that, the menu was mediocre, the "spicy" anything was WAY TOO spicy---basically just a cop out to mask the taste of the food. Very odd experience, but I'm sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great, cheap BYO sushi - theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/3/2010Great, cheap BYO sushi - the food is fresh, the atmosphere is live, and it's cheap. Don't come here if you don't like to sit too close to your fellow diners. But do if you want a cheap, solid BYO meal on a fun night out.Special Features:
- This place was hidden awayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2010This place was hidden away in alphabet city so I am glad I found it! Everything was delicious and my friends had a good time. However service was poor. There was not a happy server in the entire place. THey were grouchy and did not even acknowledge us when we asked for something. I think they were happy when we were out of there. They even reminded us what time they closed! Too bad, good food but will think twice because of the service.Special Features:
- Great and it was byob whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010Great and it was byob which helps! Their food is one of the best around...great rolls and amazing ultimate tuna appetizer..you have to try it!Special Features: