1617 Hi Line #250
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ft33dallas.com/
- Phone: 2147412629x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McCallister
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The ballet of fine food and drinks.
A word from FT33
FT33 in Dallas' Design District features Chef Matt McCallister's seasonal inspired modern cuisine. Guests are invited to experience an inventive menu highlighting fresh bounty from the FT33 garden and locally sourced artisan ingredients.Continued
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
FT33 reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (191)special occasion (147)hot spot (111)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (54)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (11)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Amazing tasting menuChortlesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Did the tasting menu and wine pairing - highly recommended! Lovely experience and the food was phenomenal. Delicate touch with excellent ingredients and superb flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creativity at it's finestKimADined on 9/13/2014This is definitely a foodie spot. Where else can you get pig ears or have a dessert made with curry spices? It is a fun atmosphere, the service is excellent and the food is always good. Matt McCallister doesn't disappoint. The Wagu beef was melt in your mouth deliciousness. The lamb was outstanding and the pork short ribs were delicious as well. This is my third time year and the menu changes often, if not daily. Highly recommend it if you are up for a food adventure.Special Features:
- Will return time & time againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Our dinner was a true delight. Service was impeccable, food and overall experience was great! We look forward to going back time & time again. Definitely a local chef inspired experience without being stuffy. Loved it! Nicole was wonderful and so was Erik.Special Features:
- Worst service I've ever hadDallasfoodieDined on 9/12/2014We had a 915 reservation and were seated at 1045, the manager did not even offer us a drink or tell us what was going on.. We were the only people at the bar and it took 30 minutes and ordering 3 times for any of us to egg a drink and we didn't get most until we sat down! I eat out 5/week and have never had such horrible service. To sum it up- a bartender who cannot tend a bar, a hostess who can't host and a manager who can't manage. The server was nice and pretty good and agreed with us about the rest of the staff. Sad. Please leave Dallas.
- SaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014All menu courses -- including dessert -- went from salty to super salty. Very disappointing. Only bright spot was the waiter who gave us a great recommendation on an off menu wine.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Didn't live up to all the reviews I'd read. Although inventive, the food was not particularly good. And, as other reviewers commented, the price/portion ratio is not in line. In some courses, the miniscule amount of the key ingredient (pig ears for example) resulted in its loss to the dish as a whole. We don't mind dropping $$$ on good food and wine, but this was not. Also, the tables are so close together, we spent most of our time forced to listen in on the conversations around us! One and only visit to FT33.Special Features:
- Surprise FT 33 is really goodVernDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our meal here very much and would go back. There were four of us and we all enjoyed the meal. The presentation of the food is interesting. The combinations of tastes is where the surprise comes. Expect to spend around 75.00 to 100.00 per person or more if you get a bottle of wine. The menu changes often but the night we went everything was good. The restaurant was full the night we went but noise level did not interfere with conversation at table. The deserts were also a delight. We got four different ones and everyone was happy. FT 33 is a good choice if you want to be surprised think you'll enjoySpecial Features:
- Great find!FT33Dined on 9/10/2014FT33 is a great place with an amazing staff and menu. The bartenders offered great cocktails and a wide variety of bourbon (my drink). The servers were timely and extremely knowledgeable. The food was amazing - fresh, interestingly combined and very unique. Everyone at my table got something different and each loved it all. I would say definitely worth the trip. I will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Dallas!Ash1eyjamesDined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I visited FT33 a few nights ago and had such an incredible time! We had the chefs tasting menu & wine pairings and were both blown away by the creativity, presentation and flavour combinations of every dish. Our waiter Alex was clearly very passionate about his job and obviously very knowledgable about the food & wine. He was informative, helpful and definitely made the evening more enjoyable for us. Our experience was easily the best we've had in Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imnteresting view/Dry WagyuMarkTDined on 9/6/2014We sat the chef's table and had a wonderful view of the kitychen. Very interesting. The first course was very well presented and was fairly tasty. I had the Wagyu beef...and one would expect that it would be tender/moist/flavorful, not so much.Special Features:
- LuiluiDined on 9/6/2014The menu looked awful online, and we almost cancelled because of the weird-sounding entrees. Went anyway because it was too late to find another place to dine. Restaurant was easy to find, and it had a welcoming atmosphere. Waiter was very helpful in explaining the menu, and the 4 of us each found something different that we ended up liking very much despite it being such a limited menu. The only negative is the cacophony which lasted from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, due to poor acoustics. I don't like to shout at my dining partners when I eat out, but we were left with no alternative. As indicated above, I would recommend the restaurant but would warn my friends about the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDoctorja1Dined on 9/6/2014Charming Exceptional Resturant, excellent food and service! I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningsouthsideeaterVIPDined on 9/5/2014My daughter and I dined at FT33 to celebrate her birthday on a Friday evening. We started at the cozy bar with a delicious julep cocktail. The food was well crafted and innovative. We especially enjoyed that the menu works well for sharing items. The sprouted grain and lamb tartare beginnings were delicious as were our Kobe beef and gnocchi mains. Tables are close together, but this adds to the conviviality of the restaurant and allows a sneak peek at what others have ordered. Would definitely return - next time during the week when the tasting menu is available.Special Features:
- Food continues to delightTearoseDined on 9/5/2014On our 3rd visit we continued to enjoy the food and presentation. Unfortunately, the service was not at the level of our first two visits. On those visits the service was superior. On this third visit, the service was good, but not at that superior level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes yes oh yesTesskyDined on 9/3/2014This place was fantastic. Very romantic; great place for special occasions or a foodie type of night : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't that impressed with it.SouleroVIPDined on 9/2/2014I wasn't that impressed with what I paid for. The dishes were amazing, don't get me wrong, but the amount per dish and what came out I expected more. The service was on point, the atmosphere was great but I left wanting more food. SMALL portions for heafty price. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Lovely celebrationOuttocelebrateDined on 9/2/2014We had a lovely anniversary. The food was an adventure and tasted so delicious that you hated to finish it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineguyDined on 8/30/2014Total 5 star experience. One of the best desserts ever. Service was perfect in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing Food & ServiceLynnVVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you want creative, fresh, unique dining dinner options this is the restaurant for you. The menu has limited options, however, there was something for everyone in our diverse group. The flavors and combinations were unique and perfect together. Our server was engaging, knowledgeable and a true professional. He explained every dish in detail and was attentive without being intrusive. We love restaurants that use local ingredients and have changing menus to keep us interested and open to trying new things. The craft cocktails were creative and tasted amazing!Special Features:
- Ft33 ExcelsRhendyDined on 8/29/2014The menu offers dishes with unique combinations of ingredients which offer a complexity of flavors that excite the palate. Our waitress clearly described in detail the ingredients and preparation of each dish. It was obvious she relished each dish in her description reflecting her own enjoyment of them. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurantSczsaVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our first visit to FT33 but it won't be our last. We were seated as soon as we arrived for our OT reservation. The wait staff was very attentive - even after the restaurant became quite busy. My spouse and I shared the lamb tartar appetizer. It was spectacular - just the right amount of seasoning and acid. Spouse had the fish of the day and I had the pork short ribs. It was some of the best pork I have eaten. The accompanying relish of roasted corn was perfect. No room for dessert but the wine suggested by our waitress was right on the spot and reasonably priced. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- 411jfkDined on 8/28/2014After eating at FT33 you know you've experienced something exceptional. The atmosphere is casual sophistication. The food is creative but most importantly it is delicious and satisfying. Portions are perfect. It is apparent the staff is sincerely cares about what comes out of the kitchen, the bar and the service. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationJoeandTraciDined on 8/28/2014Great service, very nice atmosphere and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food great servicejspdallasDined on 8/27/2014Cocktails were terrific. Crab and corn dish knocked me over. Wendy chicken was superb. Service could not be better. Wine paring was perfect. Dessert was the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Have BradJEFFERYJPVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is great, but I return to a restaurant for service. I have never received better service than from Brad. If I make a reservation, I call the day of to ensure Brad will be my server. If not, I cancel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've ever had in Dallas!Heybud3Dined on 8/23/2014Unreal on every level. Service/ambiance/menu diversity - all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hOLD THE NOISEoutoftownerDined on 8/23/2014When the Greeter seated me just inside the entrance, I was slightly annoyed, since the majority of patrons were well in the back of the restaurant, by the open kitchen. Since mine was an early seating, there was a large gap with empty tables. What started out as a lively background noise of diners enjoying the experience (and yes, the food and wine are all they are said to be), became a mostly unpleasant roar by the time I left the restaurant. Bring ear plugs!Special Features:
- Great dinner spothguren1Dined on 8/23/2014FT33 is a real gem in the Design District. Not only great drinks but superb food created by a creative chef.Special Features:
- Great Food!DogLadyDined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful. Our waiter was there when needed but did not hover. Because we dined early, we were able to sit at the chef's table and watch all the action in the kitchen. The menu is not extensive but everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. The pork ribs were just outstanding! It is not inexpensive but I feel it was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Play DinnerLove2EatVIPDined on 8/23/2014As always FT33 continues to blow us away each and every time we dine here. The service is outstanding, the menu is so unique and the food is some of the best we have ever had. The short ribs were honestly some of the best meat we have ever eaten in our lives. I do not know how Chef McCallister does this, I think he is a food magician!! If you have never eaten at FT33, it is a must, put it on your restaurant "Bucket List"!Special Features:
- Oasis in the Dallas dining dessertZOODOCVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have visited FT33 multiple times - including a large late-night party that we hosted - and they never have failed to make us welcome from reservation to departure. More importantly, the food has never been less than stellar! Innovative and spot-on each visit, the culinary expertise matches the large stack of cookbooks placed as part of the space divider between the bar and kitchen. It is a brief menu with each night having six items or so but we have never had trouble finding an amazing option - in fact, usually, it is hard to decide! Wines range from comfortable options to the out of usual so that you can be as adventurous as you wish. Well done all - and look forward to our next visit...Special Features:
- Keeps impressingCvhjrDined on 8/22/2014Still my favorite in DFW. Took foodie clients - and they were blown away as I had hoped. Always a different twist on something new or familiar. Great attention to detail. Over the course of the even, Matt told us he's looking to open a second - more causal location - that wouldn't be as intenence food prep wise. It will be open longer and more hours. I'll bet with less staff than FT33. He said they we looking at several locations. Back to the food - my reserved client was demanding bites from my dish and offering his - in 10 years of traveling around the globe with this person - that has never happened once. He's coming back in 2 weeks & asked to get reservations. I think we could have handled to trip on the phone.Special Features:
- Delicious and different!DinahDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant was lively, casual and comfortable. The food was top notch and the selections were varied and suitable for a foodie's palate. The food was worth the extra cost for a special occasion and a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ft33 birthday dinnernicknameDined on 8/20/2014we loved the food at ft 33 but thought that the atmosphere and experience was lacking. When spending $250 for dinner for 2 there should be some kind of experience and there was none. But the food was great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Great food. Friendly and efficient staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Best of" Restaurant--Deserved!JennMcTXDined on 8/19/2014This gem is deserved of all the accolades...best of, one to watch, etc. Food is spectacular. Energetic atmosphere. Parking is crazy unless you know that the complimentary valet is in the back.Special Features:
- I'm coming back!JeffsCritiqueDined on 8/16/2014The experience at FT33 was outstanding! It was some of the best food I've eaten with a hosting staff that was top-notch. The beef was like butter in the mouth and the chicken was out of this world, cooked perfectly and well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FT33 is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Our family chose FT33 for my husband's 50th birthday. The restaurant was delightful. We have dietary restrictions and the restaurant and the waiter were very accommodating. The food was delicious - obviously fresh and nothing was heavy. It was a great evening and we will definitely return. I am a vegan and I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner.Special Features:
- Dinner for 1DiningDollDined on 8/16/2014This is the best meal and service I have had in a very long time. Kevin was my server and he made my dining experience comfortable and provided a great wine recommendation. The food was delicious! I will be back.Special Features:
- Farm to Table with Any NumberFWCriticDined on 8/16/2014The food and service are outstanding! The staff knows there business. Bartenders know about each ingredient in specialty cocktails and the servers know every ingredient in every dish. I just wish they had square tables for four guests and round table for larger parties so that it would feel like a crowded school cafeteria.Special Features: