1617 Hi Line #250
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ft33dallas.com/
- Phone: 2147412629x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McCallister
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The ballet of fine food and drinks.
A word from FT33
FT33 in Dallas' Design District features Chef Matt McCallister's seasonal inspired modern cuisine. Guests are invited to experience an inventive menu highlighting fresh bounty from the FT33 garden and locally sourced artisan ingredients.Continued
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
FT33 reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (165)special occasion (113)hot spot (102)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (27)late-night find (8)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was our first visit to FT33 and we were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. From bite one until the final spoonful of our dessert we were wholeheartedly sold! Our waiter Bradley was very informative, attentive (without being overly so) and took very good care of us. He recommended superb dishes and pairing drinks for my husband and just NAILED it. My only complaints were it was a little hard to find and the tables were a little too close together for my tastes but that would not keep me from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicejspdallasDined on 10/18/2014We had our 15 month old with us Saturday night. The restaurant does not have high chairs. Our waiter went down the block to another restaurant and borrowed one of theirs. It made the evening for us. He also chose the drinks and dishes for us. Service above and beyond. Drinks were great. Charcuterie board was interesting, but not great. Pork & beans was good but too salty. Desserts were not as good as the first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supreme Experiment, Perfect ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014FT33 is a breath of fresh, herb infused air that will leave a lasting impression on your brain. Weekly changes to the menu based on season and supply, Matt Mccalister- you win. Some items on the menu scream absolute pretentiousness. However, after the first bite, all of it makes sense. The pickled watermelon rind with puffed sorghum on a bed of beautiful red snapper topped with various flowers, and some black salty spicy stuff on the bottom. You need this. You crave this without even knowing. Oh yeah. And that's just the beginning. Also, Brad is the most badass server I've ever come across. His attention to detail and explanatory demeanor makes even the most uncultured and unfoody feel right at home. Give it up for Brad the beast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spot WorldwideHerbVIPDined on 10/17/2014I've been to restaurants all over the world, Tokyo, NYC, Paris, London and nothing compares to FT33. Chef McCallister has it figured out! Very complex and culinary forward dishes with a fast paced energetic atmosphere! The decor makes the experience event better with graffitied bathrroms and random nick knacks here and there! The textures and flavors in every dish all balance each other harmoniously! The wait staff is impeccable! They are very knowledgeable on the ever changing menu every time! And it is always a pleasure to have Tess welcome you into the restaurant! Great energy to begin the great dining experience! Sublime Nirvana after visiting this restaurant every time!Special Features:
- Really solid foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014When my wife and I go out, we are pretty much always disappointed in one of the dishes we order...not here. Everything was great.Special Features:
- Way beyond expectationsKRSBVIPDined on 10/14/2014I travel to Dallas (almost weekly) and grew up there, so I have heard of FT33 on many occasions; just hadn't gotten there since the Design District is not close to where I usually visit and work. Wow, I'll make the drive often in the future. Our first visit was for my wife and I's anniversary (but the place is great for any occasion or no occasion). Had the chef's menu with wine pairing. One of the best meals/pairings I have had in Dallas (cannot think of a better). Food was amazing, but pairings were beyond - perfect. We considered the night our French Laundry event in Dallas. We are in Napa several times per year, the food and wine has nothing on FT33.Special Features:
- So Disappointed!HonkyTonkVIPDined on 10/10/2014This was my third visit to FT33. My past dining experiences were wonderful food and good service, once we were seated. This visit took that to a new extreme. I was excited to share FT33 with some visiting friends and made reservations wks in advance. We were early for 8:30 reservations and ordered drinks. At 9:00 the hostess apologized profusely that our table was still not ready, we ordered more drinks and an appetizer. We were finally seated at 9:30. I was thoroughly embarrassed that I had chosen a venue that didn't honor our reservation, additionally not even one of our rounds of drinks while waiting were picked up. While the food was fabulous as always, my boyfriend has informed me that we will never return.Special Features:
- Not Nearly As Good As Last Timeutexas03Dined on 10/10/2014I dined here a few months ago and everything was incredible. However, this time was the complete opposite. When confirming the reservation, the receptionist asked if this was a special occasion and I told her it was a birthday. I assumed there would be a "Happy Birthday" (not the song) and/or desert at the end of dinner, but nothing. This was no big deal, but I found it odd they would ask about the occasion and then not do anything. The restaurant so loud, it was difficult to have a conversation across the table. The short rib was very good, but the squab was a disappointment. The "Beginnings" and "Ends" were not special. I am not sure if it was the crowd, but our waitress seemed like she would rather be anywhere, but serving us.
- For a Tex-Mex breakPChefTessaDined on 10/8/2014My first time visiting Dallas I was looking forward to tons of Tex Mex. However, one can only consume so many enchiladas in 7 days, so I took my fiance to dinner at FT33 for his birthday. We have a lot of great dining at home in Connecticut and NYC, but I have to say this rivaled any of those! Impeccable service, the food was phenomenal and BEAUTIFULLY presented on gorgeous dishes, and they personalized our dessert order with a "Happy Birthday" on the plating. It's a lively noise level, which is why I wouldn't call it romantic, but it's still a great date spot for awesome food and drink made from quality ingredients. Will be back next time!Special Features:
- Absolutely awesome!BestinDallasDined on 10/8/2014Probably the best dining experience in Dallas. Chef McCallister is on top of his game! I can't wait t go back! Maybe tonight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJohnDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant was jammed by 7PM, a good sign re: the food and service. However, we left before ordering dessert because of the noise level. Had to cup our hands to speak across the table. Definitely need to add some noise reduction material.Special Features:
- Well doneInthebusinessDined on 10/4/2014Friendly, knowledgeable service from Nicole, good food, lovely bar. Will recommend to others. Not overly pricey and non pretentious(which was unexpected considering it's location).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silviealvaradoDined on 10/3/2014Fabulous place, very much enjoyed every minute of my dining experience here. I will absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but FAR too loudVK4foodVIPDined on 10/3/2014I've enjoyed the food at FT33 (the short rib entree is fantastic), but the noise level is enough to make me rethink going back on a weekend. The last two times I sat at a high top table next to the bar, and on my last visit we had to lean over and almost yell during the meal to hear each other. I noticed the tables next to us were having the same issue. My friend ordered the Wagyu beef and I expected it to be as amazing as my short rib, but after he wouldn't comment I asked to try his dish -- the meat was so chewy and not tender (it was medium rare, not overcooked) that I literally wished I could have spit it out. He then said that's why he'd been so quiet, he was too busy chewing the entire evening, so I wouldn't recommend the Wagyu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experiencej2jdineDined on 10/3/2014The food here was the worst food we'd experienced in any place claiming to be a high end restaurant. The chefs here are trying too hard and completely miss. Four of us tried a random selection of 3 courses and the only thing decent was the dessert. Server and bartenders also have limited knowledge on recommending drinks similar to drinks on the menu that were unavailable (many).Special Features:
- amazingluv2eatDined on 9/30/2014Some of the best food and most interesting flavor combinations I've ever had. Nothing disappoints. The mixed drinks are unique and wonderful. The starters and entrees are equally enjoyable. And the desserts are amazing. Top it off with 1st class service from the hostess to the server to the other waitstaff. All for a price that, while not cheap, is more than reasonable for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Loved everything @the evening! Service was spot on and the incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BVonShraederDined on 9/27/2014Cute and trendy. Not an off the chart foodie experience. Beautifully composed with generous portions, but flavors fell flat. Wine and dessert were the winners here. Service was a bit lukewarm but tolerable.Special Features:
- PerfectcandicekroyDined on 9/26/2014Everything was amazing. It is now easily my favorite restaurant in Dallas. They serve seasonal fare, the drinks were spot on, the service was perfect and the ambiance was nice. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible HostessHungry4moreDined on 9/25/2014It was our first time there and really looking forward to a great dining experience ...however the Hostess set the tone for a mediocre one . As we came in , it was so cold that my wife could not hold saying "it's so cold ! " only to be answered "always here ! " No , sorry about that , let me see what I can do or else...the hostess did not care a single second...as she was wearing a sweater. She then brought us to a bar table for 6 When I told her we were only 4 , she said "I know "..and that was it . I was quite dumfounded but tried to get another table as this one was too big . I pointed out 4 tops open and got the same answer twice .."it's reserved " . Never mind we had a reservation as well . Food was underwhelming ,waiter was nice
- Severely disappointingKimberlyDined on 9/24/2014The service was impeccable, but 3 of 4 dishes were overly salty. The pork was not even edible. Based on reviews and the prices, I expected and wanted a great deal more. The food should have been excellent, but was not even acceptable.
- Just Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Delicious food, great service, cool décor, interesting menu - you must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWWineGuyTomDined on 9/20/2014I'd eaten here about a year ago and I was thoroughly impressed then. I was equally impressed this time, if not more so. The food was impeccable, the service was amazing, and the drinks were delicious. We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation and were seated immediately. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Amazing chef's tasting menuLoloMCDined on 9/19/2014Overall a spectacular experience. The food was wonderful and exciting. The service was great as well, but I do think the noise level takes away from it a bit. Had trouble hearing description of wines due to loud tables around us - obviously not the waitstaff's fault. But on that note, I did make a reservation well in advance and requested a semi-private table but was not given that. The hostess did acknowledge they received my request, but that it couldn't be accomodated. A little disappointing but oh well. The food made up for it. I'd never had squab before - just out of this world, my fave dish of the night. The only minor disappointment was the dessert - the plum, polenta & mascarpone. Cool atmosphere. Will go back for squab!Special Features:
- To go backJPKunnDined on 9/18/2014These is the place, when you like new Dishes each time you back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tasting menuChortlesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Did the tasting menu and wine pairing - highly recommended! Lovely experience and the food was phenomenal. Delicate touch with excellent ingredients and superb flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't dare modify - trying to hardSoozVIPDined on 9/16/2014It was very difficult for them to accommodate any kind of food allergy. I had to send the waitress back 2 times just to get a vegetable as a side. They came back with a wood block of a few random vegetables. A few peppers, a few pieces of okra, and onion and a couple of baby eggplant surrounded by puréed baby food.($18.00). My lump crab appetizer looked and tasted like a heavy mayonnaise chicken salad. I prefer a lump crab to be lump and not shredded. My friend's quail ragout was very good. Go here for the bar and drinks and head to Oak or Med Moth for food. They are trying to hard to be artistic. Tiny food (reminded me of 80's NYC) or sell as small plates... But really too pricey to be a small plate venue. Disappointed.
- Creativity at it's finestKimADined on 9/13/2014This is definitely a foodie spot. Where else can you get pig ears or have a dessert made with curry spices? It is a fun atmosphere, the service is excellent and the food is always good. Matt McCallister doesn't disappoint. The Wagu beef was melt in your mouth deliciousness. The lamb was outstanding and the pork short ribs were delicious as well. This is my third time year and the menu changes often, if not daily. Highly recommend it if you are up for a food adventure.Special Features:
- Will return time & time againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Our dinner was a true delight. Service was impeccable, food and overall experience was great! We look forward to going back time & time again. Definitely a local chef inspired experience without being stuffy. Loved it! Nicole was wonderful and so was Erik.Special Features:
- Worst service I've ever hadDallasfoodieDined on 9/12/2014We had a 915 reservation and were seated at 1045, the manager did not even offer us a drink or tell us what was going on.. We were the only people at the bar and it took 30 minutes and ordering 3 times for any of us to egg a drink and we didn't get most until we sat down! I eat out 5/week and have never had such horrible service. To sum it up- a bartender who cannot tend a bar, a hostess who can't host and a manager who can't manage. The server was nice and pretty good and agreed with us about the rest of the staff. Sad. Please leave Dallas.
- SaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014All menu courses -- including dessert -- went from salty to super salty. Very disappointing. Only bright spot was the waiter who gave us a great recommendation on an off menu wine.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Didn't live up to all the reviews I'd read. Although inventive, the food was not particularly good. And, as other reviewers commented, the price/portion ratio is not in line. In some courses, the miniscule amount of the key ingredient (pig ears for example) resulted in its loss to the dish as a whole. We don't mind dropping $$$ on good food and wine, but this was not. Also, the tables are so close together, we spent most of our time forced to listen in on the conversations around us! One and only visit to FT33.Special Features:
- Surprise FT 33 is really goodVernDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our meal here very much and would go back. There were four of us and we all enjoyed the meal. The presentation of the food is interesting. The combinations of tastes is where the surprise comes. Expect to spend around 75.00 to 100.00 per person or more if you get a bottle of wine. The menu changes often but the night we went everything was good. The restaurant was full the night we went but noise level did not interfere with conversation at table. The deserts were also a delight. We got four different ones and everyone was happy. FT 33 is a good choice if you want to be surprised think you'll enjoySpecial Features:
- Great find!FT33Dined on 9/10/2014FT33 is a great place with an amazing staff and menu. The bartenders offered great cocktails and a wide variety of bourbon (my drink). The servers were timely and extremely knowledgeable. The food was amazing - fresh, interestingly combined and very unique. Everyone at my table got something different and each loved it all. I would say definitely worth the trip. I will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Dallas!Ash1eyjamesDined on 9/9/2014My girlfriend and I visited FT33 a few nights ago and had such an incredible time! We had the chefs tasting menu & wine pairings and were both blown away by the creativity, presentation and flavour combinations of every dish. Our waiter Alex was clearly very passionate about his job and obviously very knowledgable about the food & wine. He was informative, helpful and definitely made the evening more enjoyable for us. Our experience was easily the best we've had in Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imnteresting view/Dry WagyuMarkTDined on 9/6/2014We sat the chef's table and had a wonderful view of the kitychen. Very interesting. The first course was very well presented and was fairly tasty. I had the Wagyu beef...and one would expect that it would be tender/moist/flavorful, not so much.Special Features:
- LuiluiDined on 9/6/2014The menu looked awful online, and we almost cancelled because of the weird-sounding entrees. Went anyway because it was too late to find another place to dine. Restaurant was easy to find, and it had a welcoming atmosphere. Waiter was very helpful in explaining the menu, and the 4 of us each found something different that we ended up liking very much despite it being such a limited menu. The only negative is the cacophony which lasted from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, due to poor acoustics. I don't like to shout at my dining partners when I eat out, but we were left with no alternative. As indicated above, I would recommend the restaurant but would warn my friends about the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDoctorja1Dined on 9/6/2014Charming Exceptional Resturant, excellent food and service! I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningsouthsideeaterVIPDined on 9/5/2014My daughter and I dined at FT33 to celebrate her birthday on a Friday evening. We started at the cozy bar with a delicious julep cocktail. The food was well crafted and innovative. We especially enjoyed that the menu works well for sharing items. The sprouted grain and lamb tartare beginnings were delicious as were our Kobe beef and gnocchi mains. Tables are close together, but this adds to the conviviality of the restaurant and allows a sneak peek at what others have ordered. Would definitely return - next time during the week when the tasting menu is available.Special Features:
- Food continues to delightTearoseDined on 9/5/2014On our 3rd visit we continued to enjoy the food and presentation. Unfortunately, the service was not at the level of our first two visits. On those visits the service was superior. On this third visit, the service was good, but not at that superior level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.