1617 Hi Line #250
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ft33dallas.com/
- Phone: (214) 741-2629
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McCallister
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The ballet of fine food and drinks.
A word from FT33
FT33 in Dallas' Design District features Chef Matt McCallister's seasonal inspired modern cuisine. Guests are invited to experience an inventive menu highlighting fresh bounty from the FT33 garden and locally sourced artisan ingredients.Continued
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
FT33 reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (189)special occasion (120)hot spot (114)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (28)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- PPPPVIPDined on 11/25/2014Sorry guys but we had a bad experience om 11/25 - the service and ambiance was very good but the food was a big disapointment. My wife's fish was barely warm and my pork and beans - too fatty and the beans had a strong vinegar taste which I could not eat. Our server recommended a very interesting white burgandy which outside of the bread, was the best thing we consumed I thought you should know
- Fit for FoodiesMHope808Dined on 11/22/2014Good portion size & intersting flavors! Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and it immediately became our new favorite spot in Dallas! The food was the best we have had anywhere in Texas and the cocktails were just as amazing! If you are looking for a new place, special occasion place or just simply just a place to have the best food in town--FT33 is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodPinkDinerDined on 11/21/2014I'd been wanting to try FT 33 for a while based on reviews I had read. I was not disappointed. The four of us shared tastes of each dish and I can tell you that every one was a truly amazing combination of perfectly balanced flavors. Be forewarned that this place is pricey. Portions are small and the cheapest bottle of wine (which was excellent) will set you back $50. The service was good and the atmosphere is laid back. I highly recommend FT 33.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tricky menuNickieDined on 11/20/2014Not only is this small bistro tricky to find ( as it is tucked back into the design center off the street address that u will be looking for), but the menu is tricky to navigate. Definitely suited for foodies, it's not your typical menu where u can find at least one thing on the menu that seems normal. Even the chicken was done in a wired rolled up wiener type presentation. The charcuterie board was really delicious and the cracker bread that is served with it also great. Bartender should be more willing to make their "signature" Grasshopper with ice cream if requested and give the patron a decent serving....not a miserly 3oz for that price. I gave it 4 stars because this place deserves the recognition; it's just not my white tablecloth and linen type of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and creative place full of surprisesFeynmanVIPDined on 11/19/2014This is a great restaurant - the food is inventive and creative without being showy for showiness sake - the food is thoughtfully put together and is always surprising. You can really never tell from the menu what you will be getting because it is primarily the list if ingredients. The surprise is how things come together: the tastes, the layering of textures and flavors, and the presentation itself. Fun place. The only problem we have is that it is very noisy and it is hard to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014We used to think that FT33 was one of the best restaurants in Dallas, but our last visit was disappointing. We were seated 30 minutes late for an 8pm weeknight reservation and then only received bread when we made a point to ask. Food was good, though not nearly as good as other times we had been to this restaurant. Best dish was the wagyu beef, however the trout was disappointing despite it being a server recommendation. Service has always been good, though would have liked to see an offer from management to comp something given the late seating for our reservation. We will go back as we are hoping this was just an off night.
- Imaginative but not overdoneNjgitVIPDined on 11/19/2014We had the 5 course tasting menu, which was excellent and provided a perfect way to explore the chef's creativity and skill. Each course was presented beautifully and explored a different flavor theme. The portions were the perfect size and the sauces and favors were not heavy handed, as is often the case in other highly regarded Dallas restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food…not so great on a time scheduleDarylGVIPDined on 11/18/2014The food was outstanding. The waiter recommended the Windy Chicken and it was absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, although our waiter was terrific, it took an hour and a half from the time we sat down until we got our meal. We were all too tired to try dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menue with amazing depth of flavor!foodanddrinkloverDined on 11/13/2014FT33 is a hidden gem in the Dallas Design Center. Fantastic craft cocktails, creative menu with amazing depth of flavor and presentation. The Pork and Beans is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbVIPDined on 11/12/2014Another amazing meal! This place does not disappoint! Every plate was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu imitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014menu was too limited and descriptions did not adequately communicate food servings.Special Features:
- Delicious!MerGDined on 11/8/2014The food was just amazing and creative! The young and hip chef reinvents the experience of simple food. I had the Gnocchi Ricotta with bacon, savory melt in your mouth!! The Charcuterie platter app is amazing with pork done in many different ways with spicy mustards. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the perfect wines to pair with each meal and very well spoken about his obsession with food. Highly recommend! We ate for a full 2 1/2 hours and made a night of our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but not this timeDRinDallasVIPDined on 11/7/2014We love FT33 so were excited to celebrate our anniversary with family here. We confirmed Rez twice but still were made to wait 45 min for our table which was tiny for 5 people. I politely mentioned my disappointment to the hostess. The server and manager later apologized and comped a charcuterie board. Very nice. The food this time was really good but not as good as before. We are still fans but won't be back on a Fri or Sat, and will only book an early Rez.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticARROstudiosDined on 11/7/2014My husband is a HUGE foodie and I'm a vegetarian, which means it's often hard to find restaurants we both enjoy. Not only did FT33 have something for both of us, every single bite was perfection. We've been racking our brains trying to think of another dining experience where the food was amazing as this one and we can't. The service was also impeccable, making the experience perfect. We were both impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/7/2014Disappointed. This was our fourth visit. Wines by the glass a short pour and the mains were served lukewarm. Better choices for the price
- FantasticjhungtxDined on 11/6/20141st time and had to try the 9-course menu. Glad we did. Had a wonderful time and loved the energy. Reminded me a bit of Gramercy Tavern, hence the reason in wanting to try it out. No regrets. A must, if you're in the Dallas area!Special Features:
- Loved the fusion modernmarriverocDined on 10/31/2014Amazing fusion modern food. Waiter and chefs were very nice, trying to make us comfortable and enjoy itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014Food was very interesting but the bill seemed exorbitant.....definitely for special occasions only!Special Features:
- Food + noiseenfoodieDined on 10/29/2014The food is impeccable. We had two starters, two entrees, and two desserts (which is more than usual) because we wanted to try more of the menu :). The cocktails were nice as well. Service was very good. The presentation was beautiful, but even better was how it all tasted. Every dish had a forest, woodsy quality to it which was definitely different than what I'm used to but a nice surprise. My only complaint is the noise level of the restaurant. We were sitting at a small two-person table and I could barely hear my dining partner or myself without shouting. I hope that they can work on their acoustics before we return. Overall a beautiful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticemeadDined on 10/28/2014The service was great, food outstanding and atmosphere - great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing in every way!Aggie87Dined on 10/24/2014This place is top notch from top to bottom. From the bar mixing craft cocktails with fresh herbs to the incredible meal and possibly the best service in Dallas, I can't say enough about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitTommyODined on 10/24/2014This was our first visit to FT33. The food and service were top notch, however the noise level was so loud it was hard to hear across the table and did put a bit of a damper on a special evening of great food.Special Features:
- Best meal in yearsEunisaltunaDined on 10/24/2014The food was very creative, and very good. I ate new foods and loved it. There were wonderful surprises in every course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit Dissapointed This VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Nice place, interesting food presentations and very good service. Unfortunately three out of the four people had the same middle course and it was not outstanding as fourth person's middle course nor previous visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014the snapper starter was amazing--so many great flavors---wonderful desserts the trout was superb great restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We had an incredible first dining experience. The service and food was amazing, and they made our anniversary celebration very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was our first visit to FT33 and we were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. From bite one until the final spoonful of our dessert we were wholeheartedly sold! Our waiter Bradley was very informative, attentive (without being overly so) and took very good care of us. He recommended superb dishes and pairing drinks for my husband and just NAILED it. My only complaints were it was a little hard to find and the tables were a little too close together for my tastes but that would not keep me from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicejspdallasDined on 10/18/2014We had our 15 month old with us Saturday night. The restaurant does not have high chairs. Our waiter went down the block to another restaurant and borrowed one of theirs. It made the evening for us. He also chose the drinks and dishes for us. Service above and beyond. Drinks were great. Charcuterie board was interesting, but not great. Pork & beans was good but too salty. Desserts were not as good as the first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supreme Experiment, Perfect ServiceTavery25Dined on 10/17/2014FT33 is a breath of fresh, herb infused air that will leave a lasting impression on your brain. Weekly changes to the menu based on season and supply, Matt Mccalister- you win. Some items on the menu scream absolute pretentiousness. However, after the first bite, all of it makes sense. The pickled watermelon rind with puffed sorghum on a bed of beautiful red snapper topped with various flowers, and some black salty spicy stuff on the bottom. You need this. You crave this without even knowing. Oh yeah. And that's just the beginning. Also, Brad is the most badass server I've ever come across. His attention to detail and explanatory demeanor makes even the most uncultured and unfoody feel right at home. Give it up for Brad the beast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spot WorldwideHerbVIPDined on 10/17/2014I've been to restaurants all over the world, Tokyo, NYC, Paris, London and nothing compares to FT33. Chef McCallister has it figured out! Very complex and culinary forward dishes with a fast paced energetic atmosphere! The decor makes the experience event better with graffitied bathrroms and random nick knacks here and there! The textures and flavors in every dish all balance each other harmoniously! The wait staff is impeccable! They are very knowledgeable on the ever changing menu every time! And it is always a pleasure to have Tess welcome you into the restaurant! Great energy to begin the great dining experience! Sublime Nirvana after visiting this restaurant every time!Special Features:
- Really solid foodBBSOE88Dined on 10/17/2014When my wife and I go out, we are pretty much always disappointed in one of the dishes we order...not here. Everything was great.Special Features:
- Way beyond expectationsKRSBVIPDined on 10/14/2014I travel to Dallas (almost weekly) and grew up there, so I have heard of FT33 on many occasions; just hadn't gotten there since the Design District is not close to where I usually visit and work. Wow, I'll make the drive often in the future. Our first visit was for my wife and I's anniversary (but the place is great for any occasion or no occasion). Had the chef's menu with wine pairing. One of the best meals/pairings I have had in Dallas (cannot think of a better). Food was amazing, but pairings were beyond - perfect. We considered the night our French Laundry event in Dallas. We are in Napa several times per year, the food and wine has nothing on FT33.Special Features:
- So Disappointed!HonkyTonkVIPDined on 10/10/2014This was my third visit to FT33. My past dining experiences were wonderful food and good service, once we were seated. This visit took that to a new extreme. I was excited to share FT33 with some visiting friends and made reservations wks in advance. We were early for 8:30 reservations and ordered drinks. At 9:00 the hostess apologized profusely that our table was still not ready, we ordered more drinks and an appetizer. We were finally seated at 9:30. I was thoroughly embarrassed that I had chosen a venue that didn't honor our reservation, additionally not even one of our rounds of drinks while waiting were picked up. While the food was fabulous as always, my boyfriend has informed me that we will never return.Special Features:
- Not Nearly As Good As Last Timeutexas03Dined on 10/10/2014I dined here a few months ago and everything was incredible. However, this time was the complete opposite. When confirming the reservation, the receptionist asked if this was a special occasion and I told her it was a birthday. I assumed there would be a "Happy Birthday" (not the song) and/or desert at the end of dinner, but nothing. This was no big deal, but I found it odd they would ask about the occasion and then not do anything. The restaurant so loud, it was difficult to have a conversation across the table. The short rib was very good, but the squab was a disappointment. The "Beginnings" and "Ends" were not special. I am not sure if it was the crowd, but our waitress seemed like she would rather be anywhere, but serving us.
- For a Tex-Mex breakPChefTessaDined on 10/8/2014My first time visiting Dallas I was looking forward to tons of Tex Mex. However, one can only consume so many enchiladas in 7 days, so I took my fiance to dinner at FT33 for his birthday. We have a lot of great dining at home in Connecticut and NYC, but I have to say this rivaled any of those! Impeccable service, the food was phenomenal and BEAUTIFULLY presented on gorgeous dishes, and they personalized our dessert order with a "Happy Birthday" on the plating. It's a lively noise level, which is why I wouldn't call it romantic, but it's still a great date spot for awesome food and drink made from quality ingredients. Will be back next time!Special Features:
- Absolutely awesome!BestinDallasDined on 10/8/2014Probably the best dining experience in Dallas. Chef McCallister is on top of his game! I can't wait t go back! Maybe tonight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJohnDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant was jammed by 7PM, a good sign re: the food and service. However, we left before ordering dessert because of the noise level. Had to cup our hands to speak across the table. Definitely need to add some noise reduction material.Special Features:
- FT33timk10Dined on 10/4/2014What a fine dining experience should be. Unique food, great seamless service, a good wine list and awesome bar options.Special Features:
- Well doneInthebusinessDined on 10/4/2014Friendly, knowledgeable service from Nicole, good food, lovely bar. Will recommend to others. Not overly pricey and non pretentious(which was unexpected considering it's location).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.