1617 Hi Line #250
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ft33dallas.com/
- Phone: 2147412629x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McCallister
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The ballet of fine food and drinks.
A word from FT33
FT33 in Dallas' Design District features Chef Matt McCallister's seasonal inspired modern cuisine. Guests are invited to experience an inventive menu highlighting fresh bounty from the FT33 garden and locally sourced artisan ingredients.Continued
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Conceptualized by Hatsumi Kuzuu of Kuzuu Design, the restaurant's design blossomed from merging barnyard and industrial architecture together to create a modern yet rustic feel.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
FT33 reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (180)special occasion (138)hot spot (109)notable wine list (89)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (50)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Interesting food great servicejspdallasDined on 8/27/2014Cocktails were terrific. Crab and corn dish knocked me over. Wendy chicken was superb. Service could not be better. Wine paring was perfect. Dessert was the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Have BradJEFFERYJPVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is great, but I return to a restaurant for service. I have never received better service than from Brad. If I make a reservation, I call the day of to ensure Brad will be my server. If not, I cancel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've ever had in Dallas!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Unreal on every level. Service/ambiance/menu diversity - all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hOLD THE NOISEoutoftownerDined on 8/23/2014When the Greeter seated me just inside the entrance, I was slightly annoyed, since the majority of patrons were well in the back of the restaurant, by the open kitchen. Since mine was an early seating, there was a large gap with empty tables. What started out as a lively background noise of diners enjoying the experience (and yes, the food and wine are all they are said to be), became a mostly unpleasant roar by the time I left the restaurant. Bring ear plugs!Special Features:
- Great dinner spothguren1Dined on 8/23/2014FT33 is a real gem in the Design District. Not only great drinks but superb food created by a creative chef.Special Features:
- Great Food!DogLadyDined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful. Our waiter was there when needed but did not hover. Because we dined early, we were able to sit at the chef's table and watch all the action in the kitchen. The menu is not extensive but everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. The pork ribs were just outstanding! It is not inexpensive but I feel it was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Play DinnerLove2EatVIPDined on 8/23/2014As always FT33 continues to blow us away each and every time we dine here. The service is outstanding, the menu is so unique and the food is some of the best we have ever had. The short ribs were honestly some of the best meat we have ever eaten in our lives. I do not know how Chef McCallister does this, I think he is a food magician!! If you have never eaten at FT33, it is a must, put it on your restaurant "Bucket List"!Special Features:
- Oasis in the Dallas dining dessertZOODOCVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have visited FT33 multiple times - including a large late-night party that we hosted - and they never have failed to make us welcome from reservation to departure. More importantly, the food has never been less than stellar! Innovative and spot-on each visit, the culinary expertise matches the large stack of cookbooks placed as part of the space divider between the bar and kitchen. It is a brief menu with each night having six items or so but we have never had trouble finding an amazing option - in fact, usually, it is hard to decide! Wines range from comfortable options to the out of usual so that you can be as adventurous as you wish. Well done all - and look forward to our next visit...Special Features:
- Keeps impressingCvhjrDined on 8/22/2014Still my favorite in DFW. Took foodie clients - and they were blown away as I had hoped. Always a different twist on something new or familiar. Great attention to detail. Over the course of the even, Matt told us he's looking to open a second - more causal location - that wouldn't be as intenence food prep wise. It will be open longer and more hours. I'll bet with less staff than FT33. He said they we looking at several locations. Back to the food - my reserved client was demanding bites from my dish and offering his - in 10 years of traveling around the globe with this person - that has never happened once. He's coming back in 2 weeks & asked to get reservations. I think we could have handled to trip on the phone.Special Features:
- ft33 birthday dinnernicknameDined on 8/20/2014we loved the food at ft 33 but thought that the atmosphere and experience was lacking. When spending $250 for dinner for 2 there should be some kind of experience and there was none. But the food was great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Great food. Friendly and efficient staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Best of" Restaurant--Deserved!JennMcTXDined on 8/19/2014This gem is deserved of all the accolades...best of, one to watch, etc. Food is spectacular. Energetic atmosphere. Parking is crazy unless you know that the complimentary valet is in the back.Special Features:
- I'm coming back!JeffsCritiqueDined on 8/16/2014The experience at FT33 was outstanding! It was some of the best food I've eaten with a hosting staff that was top-notch. The beef was like butter in the mouth and the chicken was out of this world, cooked perfectly and well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FT33 is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Our family chose FT33 for my husband's 50th birthday. The restaurant was delightful. We have dietary restrictions and the restaurant and the waiter were very accommodating. The food was delicious - obviously fresh and nothing was heavy. It was a great evening and we will definitely return. I am a vegan and I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner.Special Features:
- Dinner for 1DiningDollDined on 8/16/2014This is the best meal and service I have had in a very long time. Kevin was my server and he made my dining experience comfortable and provided a great wine recommendation. The food was delicious! I will be back.Special Features:
- Farm to Table with Any NumberFWCriticDined on 8/16/2014The food and service are outstanding! The staff knows there business. Bartenders know about each ingredient in specialty cocktails and the servers know every ingredient in every dish. I just wish they had square tables for four guests and round table for larger parties so that it would feel like a crowded school cafeteria.Special Features:
- Best meal I've ever had...SkeebeeDined on 8/15/2014I've been to a lot of Dallas restaurants and my husband and I decided to try this one for our anniversary. Did NOT disappoint. Probably one of the best meals we had ever had. Service was great and our waiter was able to explain the process of everything perfectly. For the appetizers, my husband had the lettuce/egg salad and I had the crap. For main, I had beef and the hubs had lamb. And, dessert, I had a milk cake while my husband had peach zabaione. They served us complimentary champagne for our anniversary but we sampled 4 other drinks. I had the blackberry and rum and a grasshopper and my husband had the $20 milkshake and a gimlet. The drinks were amazing. This place did not disappoint. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!ilovegoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014We recently celebrated my husband's birthday at FT33 and had an excellent experience. To begin, the service was exceptional. We ordered multiple appetizers and entrees and everyone was pleased. My 9 year old daughter selected the winning dish however with the pork short rib. We were all quite jealous. The milk cake was also an outstanding way to finish our evening. Thank you FT33 for a fabulous night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!GetinmahbellyDined on 8/13/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere. I'll keep going back until I've had everything at least twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DinnerMikeLDined on 8/12/2014We arrived early to have a drink at the bar. The bartender was friendly and made us a couple of drinks, blackberry rum & cucumber gimlet - both were good. While we were having drinks the head chef/owner Matt came out to taste his basil distillation and told us how his does this. It was great to see his excitement as he explained how his distiller worked and the flavors he was going for. We were served a comp. glass of champaign for our anniversary. We started with the charcuterie board, our main course wasthe Lamb and the gnocchi. When each course arrived, they looked very small but the flavors are very intense and the amounts was almost perfect. The cheese course included sweet nuts and honey making it a perfect end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/9/2014Went here for dinner. The crab/corn/beans appetizer was good as was the bavette of beef. My friend had the 3rd coast catch, which was a red fish, and it was ok, a bit salty. They ran out of the rocky road dessert. Food was expensive as the servings were small; $38 for maybe 5oz of steak. Service was friendly but quite slow, although that may be good if you're not in a rush. Despite being a bit late for our reservation, we still had to wait for a table. The place was airy but the acoustics were so poor it was like being at a fish market.
- An outstanding second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Everything from the food, drinks and service were spot on. It was a little crowded in the dining room due to the TexSom crowds, but the service team handled everything to perfection. Jeff performed perfect wine service, and we cannot wait to come back to FT33 the next time we are in Dallas. Many thanks to all!Special Features:
- Not a top 5 4sure!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014The food was good, the atmosphere was average and the bar tending service was below average. They made two mistakes on drink orders, so that makes it tough to rate the service any higher. Not sure if I would go back, but the apps might be worth it.Special Features:
- Very goodRickVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had heard about this place for many months and finally got the chance to try it. We were seated promptly and our waiter was excellent in helping to select a wine and explain the menu.(Drawing a blank on his name which is a shame. He was really good)The crab/corn appetizer was reallyyyyyy good, and the lamb bolognese was good, but both were quite expensive and not sure they were worth the price point, especially the lamb dish. Both had the short rib dinner and it was excellent. We really enjoyed our experience and would return.Special Features:
- Fabulous MealChTSDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful, imaginative meal, from the perfectly made Sazerac to the the deliciously crafted dessert-- truly a dining experience to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and still funInternationalfoodieDined on 8/8/2014We love intimate spaces with crazy good food. The waiter brought the experience to another level. Normally it is great food, terrible desserts or vice versa. This funky little restaurant had both. We will go back again soon!Special Features:
- Lived up to its reputation.CrystalVIPDined on 8/8/2014One of Dallas' best. Very adventurous menu. Culinary innovation at its best.Special Features:
- FT33 should be Michelin starredDianeVIPDined on 8/7/2014I eat here whenever I am in Dallas. The food, well, the chef is one of F&W's 2014 Best New Chefs. The service, from the second you walk in, is perfect, from every single staff member. And oh, the wine. Their program was just recognized by Wine Enthusiast as one of only 100 restaurants as best in the country. My friend and I happen to love Jeff, the GM and wine director. He has recommended great wines each time we've been and he actually remembered us, the specific wines we had the last time that we were there, & knew to steer us to bottles of wine versus glasses. *clears throat* I don't know why. lol FT33 is one of the best dining experiences I've had in any city. Thank you, Chef, Jeff, & your entire team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceLouiethoughtsDined on 8/1/2014Our reservation was honored on time (8:15 pm) . The food was very different and all outstanding -- especially the lamb entry and crab starter. Service was very good. Foodies would love it as the staff took time to explain the ingredients as each plate was served. The place was noisy but the energy was good.Special Features:
- Continues To ImpressMarklockVIPDined on 7/30/2014For the fourth time we did the Chef's Tasting menu which featured (this time) all vegetables. It was impressive (and filling) with amazing flavors. FT33 just keeps blowing my mind.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014Always a great dining experience. Staff is always pleasant. The restaurant fills up quickly and dinner menu is seasonal so there's always something new to try. Portions are on the small side but all dishes have great presentation. Lamb tartare was quite unique in flavor, ricotta gnocchi that we had was amazing (wish there was more!), heritage pork short rib was cooked perfectly, and the rocky road for dessert was the perfect ending. will definitely be back for the next occasion!Special Features:
- AwesomeThrashxDined on 7/26/2014Love this restaurant! The cuisine is well crafted. There beef dish was a bit off putting for my tastes but overall I like how they handled feedback. The service staff are outstanding professionals and well educated on their craft and food. The wine list and beer options are stellar and perfectly curated for this menu.
- fantastic food, good wait service.rmbcpaDined on 7/26/2014Very interesting and delectable food items and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Brandon was our server and be was not only knowledgable about the menu he was passionate about it. The food was amazing and our experience was quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014This is the best meal I've ever eaten. The service was fantastic, the food was both beautifully presented and delicious. And the ambiance was lively but comfortable.Special Features:
- Great food only beat out by server!LAfoodieNdallasDined on 7/24/2014We went there for a buddy's 40th birthday dinner. As soon as we sat down we were greeted by a great waiter- very knowledgeable on the food who could tell what we were looking for. He went out of his way to explain potential options for a vegetarian in the group. We asked about drinks and he gave recommendations- he then offered a special drink not on the menu with the words "trust me". By the end of the night, everyone in the party had the same drink that had been recommended to us! As for the food, great appetizers, very flavorful and carefully thought out sides, and a comfortable but high class environment. The food stands alone, the service from everyone propels it to top restaurant status.Special Features:
- Wow!PreshowDinerDined on 7/23/2014Great food. Vibrant, exotic flavor combinations. Polite, knowledgable service. Had a wonderful time. Watch the Chefs do final prep of you can...masterful!!Special Features:
- Great place but....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Really awesome place with absolutely fabulous food and attentive service. The things I did not like is they, like most of the places today, really save on space and are trying to squeeze as many tables as they can in as little space. Sometimes you just feel you are sitting in other people's lap. Second thing I did not like is a level of noise. It is really a loud place. As loud as any West Village bar Friday night. The tables are really small but still me and my friends had to literally yell in order to be able to hear each other. I did not expect that from the place like FT 33. But all in all, the place is really fantastic, you will not go wrong with any choice of food or drinks.Special Features:
- Delicious Food & Amazing ServiceExperiencedFoodieDined on 7/17/2014My husband and I were on a rare date night (3 little ones at home) and were lucky enough to sit at the chef's table and enjoy the tasting menu. It was awesome being able to watch the art and precision of the chefs in the kitchen as they prepared each dish. Our tasting menu consisted mainly of vegetable dishes, but if I could replicate vegetable dishes like that I'd probably become a vegetarian - there may have been some beef fat though ;). It was honestly one of the best tasting menu's I've had the pleasure of trying and while I felt full and satisfied at the end, I didn't feel heavy or uncomfortably stuffed. I highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to the next time we get to enjoy it again! And the service was OUTSTANDING!!!Special Features:
- Feast for the eyesFood4lifeDined on 7/16/2014Beautiful food with incredible taste. The waiter is very knowledgeable about the ingredients and how things were cooked and prepared. Presentation is at its highest!Special Features: