1425 Boul. Rene Levesque
Montreal, QC H3G 1T7Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frunchroom.ca/
- Phone: 4383841920x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Saturday - 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: n/a
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Thursday Night
A word from Frunchroom
Frunchroom is Montreal's newest & trendiest Italian Fusion Resto-Bar. Designed to feed your mind, body and soul, the Frunchroom fam welcomes you to share our love of good eats & Jazzy beats while our ambiance settles you into an evening pure bliss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Frunchroom reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- MTL88Dined on 6/24/20141st experience at this restaurant. Ambiance was great. very nice decor. Waiter ( Jean-Francois ) was charismatic and the food was excellent ( Calamari , Penne and Beef Tartare ) We'll definitely be going back to the Frunchroom.Special Features:
- 1stimeDined on 6/13/2014The only issues we had when dinning was that they were in the midst of changing their wine list so we couldn't get any of the wines we wanted as well as they did not have all the items on the menu so it took a while to chose what we wanted to eat. Other than that the stuffed crust pizza was really good as was the salmon tartar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food ans serviceluvmineandjoeDined on 6/13/2014We went for early dinner, in our group there were two kids and althought they didn't have a kids menu the servers were very friendly in give suggestions. The food was excelent and very good ambience. Friendly staff!Special Features:
- FastChristianDined on 6/11/2014We were served in a hour this is very appreciate ! Service impéccable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Ambiance and service were good but the food was nothing more than ok. I heard the food was good at dinner but for lunch, I guess the team in the kitchen is not the same. Food was fresh but everything tasted the same, no flavors. We ALL (we were 5) had to add salt and pepper to taste something.Special Features:
- Fun with Friendsjrelkins23Dined on 5/29/2014A few buddies and I went to Frunchroom for dinner/drinks during a Rangers-Habs playoffs game. It was a good time, the food was enjoyable, and the drinks were flowing. Definitely a positive experience and a Ranger victory didn't hurt as we were the only New Yorkers in there!Special Features:
- Great restaurant for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Montreal is known for great food and The Frunchroom lived up to that expectation. Plus The Frunchroom was very affordable making it a GREAT value! We had great drinks and LOVED our pizza. Our waiter was also so friendly and took great care of us.Special Features:
- 1st Timeeat2liveDined on 5/10/2014Friendly, informal atmosphere but not the choice for a quiet dinner or drink. Evening we were there it was quite warm however a/c was not working, making it quite warm. Went for early dinner and given it was same night as the Habs hockey game, it was quiet - good for us as service was great. Would recommend for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, certainly not lastLaloueDined on 5/7/2014We were celebrating a colleague's Birthday and were 15 people for lunch. The service apparently got much better as we were served rapidly this time. Everyone seemed to enjoy what they ordered. The menu is varied and everyhting I saw on the table looked very good. My tuna tartare was delicious, especially laying on a bed of guacamole, I was in heaven. The decor of the restaurant is rustic which I find very cool. I will definitely recommend this place and certainly go back when I get the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Went there for my 22nd birthday, we were a group of 10 and all had an amazing time. The atmosphere of the restaurant was great and on top of that the service was friendly and amazing. I had their signature stuffed pizza (the frunchroom one) and loved it! Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasedtarabee88Dined on 5/3/2014My boyfriend and I booked reservations online (which is usually a good idea) however it was quiet when we went.The food was delicious. I had amazing thin crust pizza and he enjoyed a dish of pasta. We also started out with a unique starter. The lady who served us was super nice and a great server. I highly recommend giving the frunchroom a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBrunoDined on 5/2/2014Great food! Great ambiance and service! Owner Moe very friendly! Only negative comment is that for 13$ a drink, they are not up to our standards. The wine list is quite good in variety. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the Frunchroom reviews archive.
- Une expérience moyennecrolebDined on 4/26/2014La serveuse ne cessait de nous interrompre à chaque fois que qqn parlait : "scusez, allez-vous prendre un dessert? oui?! ah je vais aller voir c'Est quoi nos desserts et je reviens." "Bon alors, j'ai celui-ci et celui-là, etc… Oh non je ne connais pas les prix ! Je vous reviens." "Bon alors ils coûtent entre ça et ça." Et je passe d'autres erreurs.. C'était très bruyant. Je rajouterais des cloisons au sein de la salle pour couper le bruit un peu… Je doute que la serveuse ait déjà goûté les desserts car elle était hyper surprise de savoir que celui-ci était un peu salé… Cela vaudrait la peine qu'ils prennent le temps de bien former leur personnel ,c'est normal d'être débutant mais quand tu vas voir les gens tu t'assures d'avoir les infos…Special Features:
- Warmth ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014We'll return for sure, excellent menu, can't wait to try it out again.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere, Generous PortionsVKassardjianDined on 4/14/2014Completely renovated and set in a 1920's ambiance, service is excellent and menu is varied (features good old traditional steaks but also exotic combinations)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyMartiinaDined on 4/12/2014Nous y sommes aller avec un groupe de 24. Le service n'était pas totalement prêt pour un groupe comme le notre par contre les employer étaient très agréable. Un ajustement serait nécessaire afin de servir les gens d'un groupe tous en même temps. L'ambiance était génial et les repas servie vraiment bons. Merci a toute l'équipe d'avoir faits de notre soirée une réussite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winning FormulaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014Food was great. Nice presentation. Food was gourmet & upscale but not the prices. Great value for your dollar. Their beef tartare as well as their prosciutto pizza were excellent. The Mint Basil Julep was the most refreshing cocktail I've ever had. Our night they had a hockey special: free pint of beer when you order a main course. The Okanagan & the Chambly were delish. Also took advantage of their Thursday 5 a 7. That night they had a live trio. Wanted to stay to enjoy this place but instead watched the Habs get defeated by the Islanders. The Frunchroom had great food, great prices, great staff & great entertainment. Although there weren't many customers when we were there, they certainly have a winning formula. I wish them much success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunateiMammaDined on 4/5/2014The service was friendly, but amateur - drinks were forgotten, a whole basket of fries was dropped on one person (replaced with a cold basket of fries and then we had to contend with stepping on the fries all over the floor all evening), wine was poured across the table, and three differently cooked steaks were brought out and randomly served. The Bloody Caesars were served with limp celery, and two of our party received theirs in larger glasses than everyone else. The food was well-priced but bland, although everyone liked the French onion soup and the fries. The music was too loud, no one could hear the server. A sharp management team could have easily corrected these oversights. The great decor will never make up for everything else.
- OfficiallyRDined on 4/5/2014Even though my friend and I arrived over a half an hour late for our reservation, the staff was understanding and did their best to seat us at the best table possible. The food was superb, although ordering took a while because every single option looked delicious! We had arrived for an early dinner about 19h on a weekend, and stayed until about 21h, around the same time the music got a little louder and the ambience changed from sit down and eat, to stand up and drink. I had a wonderful experience, and hope to return to taste test all the other menu items I did not order, as well as to enjoy the more social atmosphere of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingStoryDined on 3/29/2014The Frunchroom is very trendy inside but I can not say that I will run back there. For a Saturday night the restaurant had many empty tables. The noise level was loud. Our waiter recommended the stuffed pizza which is there signature dish. We order the one with the vegetables and eggplant and goat cheese. We didn't see any vegetables and were not overly impressed with it. I did like the salmon tartare. There was supposed to be jazz music but instead it was a DJ and I am not sure what he was playing. Like I said before - I wouldn't run back.
- Food not good enoughFullstomachDined on 3/29/2014Although I liked the service which was kind and efficient, the food was dull. I had the restaurant specialty the stuffed pizza. The dough and the inner stuffing lacked any flavor. The dough was particularly tasteless so I avoided it. It all felt like it was made earlier and just warmed up. My partner had the salmon that was edible but again boring. My friend did enjoy his pasta though. There are just too many better restaurants in montreal so I would not recommend this one.
- Just okay.ivee67Dined on 3/28/2014Great decor. Enjoyed the service incredibly; waiter was very knowledgeable & helpful. Everything was acceptable as far as food goes; the burger standing out as the best meal ordered! The duck confit salad would be the least exciting - a large piece of duck (bone in) on a bed of romaine lettuce dressed suspiciously with what looked like the Caesar salad dressing someone had as an appetizer earlier. Dessert was a Chocolate Explosion that brought back memories of Kilos. Overall experience was good; might go back, if in the neighbourhood but wouldn't go out of my way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minor SetbacksBilldenDined on 3/26/2014Decided to try this new restaurant recently. One of us had an excellent onion soup - the other an excellent soup du jour - all 3-4 ounces of it! Main courses sampled were a pasta dish and a beef tartar - both very very good. A "deep fried" type of cheesecake for dessert was very disappointing and was served in a soup bowl. In order to survive this restaurant needs to promote itself. Located near Guy on Rene Levesque is certainly convenient but I wonder how many people have noticed it has opened. I do question why the hostess placed all of the 14 clients side by side in one section. One couple asked and were moved to the far side of the restaurant. The restaurant really only needs some fine tuning in order to order to move up a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemTableTalkDined on 3/25/2014The potential of becoming a hot spot is achievable. The decor itself is a story to be told. The ambience is well thought of, the lighting perfect, the music keeps things alive, yet the tables might seem to be close to each other but once seated, that feeling evaporates altogether. The food was delicious, service attentive. The short rib so tender & tasty it fell right off the bone, the salad, crisp & fresh, exactly what we all look for and the fries, best in town in my books. The pizza, the crust, thin and crispy, with very imaginative toppings, a must have. My only comment would be to revamp the list of appetizers & desserts (except for the fried crepe roll) needs imagination to match the rest. Will return on live Jazz night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date nightEandTDined on 3/17/2014We went on a Monday night which was great since the place was empty. The service was good, the food decent and the price was worth it for what we got. Better then the other "business lunch" type of restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere, Generous PortionsVKassardjianDined on 3/17/2014This used to be a great sushi place but the new incarnation of this restaurant is equally good. The place was completely renovated and set in a 1920's ambiance. Menu is varied (features good old traditional steaks but also exotic combinations) and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchRyanVIPDined on 3/4/2014This was the second time i've been for lunch and both times were very good. I highly recommend for those that are looking for something new. While it is off the beaten path a bit, it is worth the walk...even when it was -20 walking down Rene-Levesque on the both days i went. Because of the weather, this place won't start filling up until the weather gets better.. They have a great $25 table d'hote and the fried cannelloni i had was excellent. Service was great and we got our food on time. I would definitely recommend this restaurant...for those that don't want to pay the $200 at Ferreira or are tired of Maddison's, this place is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/1/2014Unfortunately this restaurant still hasn't figured itself out. The staff was green (the waitress who served us advised us that she couldn't recommend any dishes because it was her first day) and the servings were disproportionate. The onion soup could have used a little more broth and the calamari was soggy (and definitely not worth 16$).
- Nice ambiance, good foodJPfoodieDined on 2/19/2014The food was good, the ambiance was great. I strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner (table of 7)alissaj13Dined on 2/13/2014The decor is great and the waiters are dressed in the Prohibition-theme. There was live music which was a nice surprise! Service was good and the waiter knew the menu (food and drink) inside out. Food was very good and prices are fair. A good experience overall and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience with prohibitionNickDined on 2/11/2014book late yesterday night with my girlfriend, and we gave it a shot to try Frunchroom. You will never go wrong ..... period... we are going back for valentine evening in which they provide amazing deal and special menu to that event including live jazz musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!csoumVIPDined on 2/7/2014First time. Aranchinis were delicious. The the tartare of salmon which was very good. Came with fried allumette. The only thing that wasn't good were the fry's they were way to cooked. It was like eating little sticks. I told the waiter. And he mentioned that usually they are not that cooked. Lets hope so. Will definitely go back! The rest was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Pre-show diningDominiqueDined on 2/5/2014We went to Frunchroom for dinner before a show at the Bell Center. It was 5 minutes walking distance. Menu is interesting and original, with a nice French flair. Delicious. The Ravioli with duck outstanding, nice glazed Salmon, delicious tagliatelle. Service with Mathieu was warm, funny and inviting. Will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2014I was a bit disappointed by the salad I ordered... lacked flavor. The dressing was mostly oil and did not taste much. Coffee was ordinary. Errors in the pricing, nothing major, 17$ salad on the menu; 18$ on the tab, but still annoying to find out. Went for lunch and it was almost empty, so hard to say what the ambience is usually like.
- AwsomeEmilieDined on 2/3/2014Simply Amazing, from the decor, food, service and ambience . would definitely go again very soon. it is now on my favourite list to go and indulge my self ,Special Features:
- Prohibition without the tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Stepping into Frunchroom, the decor is fantastic and waiters fit the Prohibition theme - but it stops there. When I think of Prohibition era restaurants or bars, I think fantastic, original cocktails and food that will match. Frunchroom's cocktails were overly sweet and lacked originality. The menu was a mix of brasserie and Italian -- overall a strange combination. I wouldn't mind it if the food was actually good, but overall it was bland and tasted as good as a eating at 3 Brasseurs (decent, but not what I was looking for). I will however highlight that if you are big group, this space will accommodate. But beware, it took 2 hours to get our mains (and we were only 5 people, and 3 tables in the whole restaurant).Special Features:
- Will have to try it againjaxhVIPDined on 1/23/2014I was so excited to have a girls night with my friends at Frunchroom, however it ended up not being what we expected. I do believe that this has to do with it recently opening, but here is what happened: upon getting there it took forever for our server to come over and ask us if we wanted drinks. Then we ordered a bottle of white wine and were informed that they had run out of many of the bottles on the list, and then their "speciality pizza" wasn't being made that night. Our food still ended up being delicious (what we ordered) and thye were able to give us other bottles of wine at the price of the original bottle we ordered. I would give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food very poor, service very goodPeterDined on 1/23/2014They must hire a much bettre cook! The pizza and the salad are very very average. the crust is to hard to cut with your knife.Special Features:
- Terrible! Stay away!Cynthialavoie87Dined on 12/31/2013We went for NYE 2013 and we were NOT impressed. It wasn't fully booked but they were short staffed. We had dinner reservations for 9:30 and ended up walking out at 2:00am because of the LONG and TERRIBLE service. The CONS Where do I begin? 1 hour to order our first drink and water. It was supposed to be a six course meal and they completely skipped a course (and brought it after main). We didn't have champagne at midnight even though it was included. Took 30 min to pay bills. Thank god we were in good company because it would have really spoiled our night. The PROS They forgot to charge us two bottles of wine. Id say give it a shot if youre around but dont go out of your way. They need a few months to improve and train their staff.Special Features:
- Good FoodNYE2014dinnerDined on 12/31/2013Food at the restaurant was good, i ordered the shirmp linguine which was excellent as were the apps. I'd go again but would also consider other places for an evening dinner. The resaurant has great potential.Special Features: