Front Street Grill
20 NW Front Street
Coupeville, WA 98239Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Front Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fsgcoupeville.com/
- Phone: 3606822551
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Front Street Grill
Front Street Grill on beautiful Whidbey Island, Washington overlooks Penn Cove and offers a classic American Grill experience along with a full bar and a great wine list. Located just three doors down from the historic Coupeville Wharf, our Dining Room and Bar offer amazing views of Penn Cove and Mt. Baker. Bring the whole family for lunch or dinner or just join us for Happy Hour. Either way, we will make you feel very welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Front Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Steak, Amenable StaffCynthiaDined on 1/18/2014Our Rib Eye steaks were prepared perfectly (rare, well-seasoned) and our special requests (butter rather than olive oil with bread, two servings of veg rather than veg and potato) were "no problem." The martinis were well-prepared (long lemon twist, not a stubby chunk), and the espresso creme brulee was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great viewcanuckDined on 1/9/2014No complaints from our party at the Front Street Grill in Coupeville. A varied menu, in terms of price and meal choices, gave each of us several favourites to choose from, the veggie/hummus platter was a tasty starter, and the entrees were tasty and well-presented. One of our favourite places to dine in the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My tastebuds were amazed!ElevensesDined on 1/6/2014This was the perfect restaurant for a Birthday celebration. We were greeted and taken to our reserved table with a view of Penn Cove. Our sever was attentive and seemed to be intuitive when to ask for our orders and keeping our glasses full. The appetizer arrived in a timely manner, tasty calamari, and was totally enjoyed (not a crumb left!). Next, The Front Street Cioppino and sides came to the table with beautiful presentation. The cioppino had a smokey flavor that accented the variety of seafood and broth. The garlic mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables balanced the main corse nicely.Special Features:
- In a word....AwesomeRickDined on 1/4/2014First time dining at The Front Street Grill. Very impressed. The restaurant is cozy and sits right on the Coupeville waterfront. The food and the service are exceptional. I would not recommend it as a place to take small children. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food on in North WhidbeyDahoffDined on 12/30/2013I have had lunch here once and had a chicken sandwich without bun (flexible!). It was excellent. For this visit my wife and I had dinner. We had the Polynesian lettuce wrap appetizers which were good though not excellent. For dinner we had the steak salad and the pork chops. Both were excellent with excellent flavor. The wine list is short but the wines we had were very good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of the above. A good timegeorgeDined on 12/19/2013All of the above. A good time and fab mussels, every time! Service is always friendly and efficient...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallcnjkcDined on 11/23/2013From the owner thru all the staff, eveything is great! Food is quality and served at reasonable cost. They work hard to keep the customer happy and pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both food and view are spectacularjenohwaDined on 11/17/2013With 3 kids at home, my husband and I don't get out too much, but when we do, we choose to go to the Front Street Grill. We were celebrating our anniversary and the restaurant definately delivered a wonderful experience for us. The food was delicious and the view and atmosphere were perfect. A+Special Features:
- This is a perfect place forMrsSDined on 11/16/2013This is a perfect place for date night or to meet up with friends. Enjoy the view of Penn Cove. The menu is both simple and sophisticated whether you like burgers or seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viewl2dinersDined on 11/2/2013This was our first time to Front Street Grill and indicated this on our reservation. We hoped to have seating near a window with a view however we were put in a corner by the front door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coupeville GemRipperDined on 10/21/2013We have visited this restaurant before and was very pleased with our selection. However, this time we were not as impressed with our selection as both our items did not meet the standard we were expecting. I am sure it was a one time occurrence and the next time will be as good as we expected.Special Features:
- Homecoming DinnerAH1997Dined on 10/19/2013I took my girlfriend here for Homecoming Dinner. It was awesome. It was crowded but it's homecoming so it should be expected. Everyone gave us service above and beyond. Sometimes as 16 year olds you are treated differently but we were treated equal which was nice. The food was great, the Crème Brulee was amazing overall a great experience! Service, food and ambience is all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here on a recommendationLivGDined on 10/18/2013Came here on a recommendation from A friend. Ordered the pork chops, very juicy and flavorful. The view was amazing and out waitress was attentive and quick. All in all it was a great experience and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parcrabDined on 10/14/2013We brought friends to the Front Street Grill because we have had many good meals and experiences there. On this Monday night the food was particularly bad! Only the Calamari appetizer was up to par. We have eaten there many times and experienced good food. Monday was a holiday and one would expect their good chief but not good that night. The place was not overly busy so there is no excuse for our experience. I had the oysters and chips and I can honestly say they were the worst oysters ever had. My wife had mussel's and they were no very good. Just because of this one experience we will not judge any future visits or refrain from going to this nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local & Love it!DipetersDined on 10/3/2013We dine here regularly for lunch. Front Street Grill always delivers a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- We had dinner to celebrateCoupevilleNewbiesDined on 9/23/2013We had dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food was good, as was the wine, and the overall experience was nice. I wish more than one dinner roll was given out to each person though; and a mussel fork was buried under the food of my husband's dish, which was disconcerting. The hostess was excellent, waiter was OKAY, not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not worth the price.LateNightDinerDined on 9/21/2013My wife and I decided late at night to go out for dinner and stumbled upon Front Street Grill. Being a Saturday night, we expected the place to be fairly busy, so we made last minute reservations online. When we arrived, there were four people in the bar area, and we were the only patrons in the dining area. We each enjoyed a cup of chowder and a very nice steak. The large selection of sides let us each choose what we wanted to go with them, which was a new experience. Overall the food was good with a unique, local flavor, but way over priced. At $5 a bowl for the chowder and $24-27 a plate, it made for a very expensive night out. I was hesitant to tip due to the price, but did anyways as the hostess and waitress were very friendly.
- dinner with friends from the pastSuzieDined on 9/13/2013Noisy, Nice and nummy. . Best fish and chips in town...Special Features:
- Gem on the CoveCynthiaDined on 9/7/2013Sit overlooking Penn Cove while you enjoy one of over a dozen creative ways to prepare the world-famous Penn Cove mussels that were caught the same day from the waters you're looking at. Excellent wait staff and accommodating management. Good martinis, too! I love coming to Front Street Grill; now when friends say, "where shall we go," FSG is often my first suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot on Whidbey IslandIslandgirlDined on 9/7/2013We live here so have been to Front Street Grill a number of times. Always great food and friendly wait staff. Beautiful view also. I would say the only thing is it is noisy. I was there with some friends I hadn't seen in a while and conversation was difficult. This was a busy Saturday afternoon with lots of kids. Otherwise a great experience and we all loved our food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JaimeDined on 9/6/2013My husband and I went for our anniversary, in the reservation I asked for a window seat and got it! Food was delicious! Drinks were also VERY good! Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Great food, drinks, service and view...we will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I suspect their seafood isPDXDonDined on 8/31/2013I suspect their seafood is their main strength. We had a side salad to start, which was excellent. I had a ribeye which was thin and dry. I ordered it medium and it was pink, but dry.
- Consistantly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2013In the dozen or so times we've eaten at the Front Street Grill the food is consistently good. Highly recommend any of the mussels as well as the fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats in Coupeville!FoodlvrDined on 8/17/2013Fantastic flavors, magnificent mussels, wonderful wine & stunning sunset! Great recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2013Quite disappointed after reading the reviews. Our waitress was a mess. No customer service skills and no smile. Took 15 mins to get our drinks. I heard others waitresses give out specials but not ours. The meal was fair. Had their chowder which terribly needed salt. I had the San Danielle mussels which was good with linguine. My son had the angry mussels which was horrible. He couldn't finish it. U r only allowed one roll! Then start charging u. The rolls were store bought and not tasty at all. Would I go back? No. For such a small place it shouldn't be hard to teach some skills to their girls. I know their isn't much to chose from for food but I do not recommend this place. Go to Caio or oystercatcher.Special Features:
- Dissapointing ExperienceFoodieFriendsDined on 7/27/2013We have eaten here before and were looking forward to another good meal. The service was fine, but unfortunately, our meals this time around did not meet our expectations. The mussels were the best dish we had but the fish tacos were lacking a good sauce and were dry and bland, the kids meal of pork satay tasted odd, the tuna in the nicoise salad was dry and tasteless. Hopefully this was an off-day for the cooks, but we left disappointed this time around.
- Incredible gem on whidbey island!MyDailyBreadDined on 7/20/2013We have eaten here several times and our experiences are always stellar! We love the fresh menu and the fact that the chef purchases local produce and quality, local, free range meats. The entrees are excellent and there are many reliable stand-bys for the average diner, but foodies rejoice--this is one place you do not want to miss!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, bland foodLovesdogsDined on 7/5/2013My husband and I had Friday night reservations to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we arrived, we were seated at the worst table in the restaurant: a small table in the front corner of the restaurant where my husband had to face the wall. There were other vacant tables, one next to a window with a water view, and several others close to the water view. We asked for one of those tables and were told they were "reserved" for other people. At that point I wish we had just gone elsewhere. Instead, I ordered the puttanesca pasta and my husband had the salmon dinner. The server was pleasant and attentive, but unfortunately, both dishes were bland and uninteresting, and neither of us finished our meals. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- InconsistancyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013Some nights a roll is served with oil avd balsamic vinegar, other nights, with the same entree, it is not offered.Special Features:
- Front Street delightlizforpeaceDined on 6/29/2013We had dinner at Front Street Grill on a clear day that allowed us to enjoy an incredible view of kayakers, Puget Sound and mountains. We were seated immediately, served by friendly staff, and had a great dinner. The portions were perfect - so many restaurants served ridiculously huge meals. The salmon was fresh and perfectly grilled, my husband's mussels were delicious. The vegetables were cooked to a delicious crunch. Desserts were very good, and featured locally grown rhubarb and strawberries. The wine list featured local Whidbey Island wines. The restaurant was a bit noisy, but we had were able to easily have a conversation and enjoy our evening. We would definitely go again. Thank you Front Street Grill for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine in a beautiful settingPLJEVIPDined on 6/27/20132nd time we have dined here & I am glad we came...the setting is awesome w/views of the Sound w/an open floor plan so all tables can enjoy the view. The menu features local Penn Cove Mussels, prepared in a dozen ways, as well as a variety of other options. Our food was very good, although one filet was overdone and I thought it odd that my salad was placed on my entree plate instead of coming before on a chilled plate, I also think the bread was never presented since we had bread plates, but nothing to put on them.... The server was adequate, she did stop by 1 time to see how our dinner was but she was not very friendly. The food is worth becoming a regular diner, as is the setting...I look forward to our next reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good every timeSusiePJVIPDined on 6/24/2013We ate here for two lunches and one dinner (same menu) on a two day visit to Whidbey. They're doing most everything right. We ate here last year too and loved it then. A pound of mussels is a lot of mussels. The Coconut Green Curry preparation was excellent, but the plain white wine preparation included rosemary twigs and I hate rosemary. We appreciated that the beers on tap included our favorites: Aviator Porter and Mac 'n Jacks. Currently, there's live music on Wednesday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels you will dream about!VickDined on 6/23/2013We are new inhabitants of Coupeville and have recently discovered this restaurant. Had heard rumors of the decadent Thai Coconut mussels but could not imagine how delicious they really were. Our son was very sad that he had not ordered them. The waitor was fabulous and kept us in fresh bread from the oven. It was an incredible meal. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food and good energyBusinessDined on 6/22/2013The service was very good. This was a great spot to take some out of town friends for some really fresh seafood and great burgers. Wine choices were excellent and there is a goof vibe and great scenery in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was good. They have localEmilyDined on 6/10/2013Food was good. They have local seafood as well as burgers and salads. Great wine list, and right on the water. Get a reservation if you are going for dinner even during the week. (this will also help you get a window seat)Special Features:
- Great SettingMattyDined on 5/29/2013Always like coming to this place because of the all around great experience. Good service, great food, and amazing view. No better place to get some fresh mussels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet little spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2013Music is provided on Wednesday nights. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/26/2013There are not that many good restaurants on South Whidbey, but Front Street Grill definitely fits securely into that select group. What a wonderful addition to the Island food scene, with wonderful food, excellent service and a great atmosphere (assuming you can stand the high level of noise).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2013Front Street Grill is located on the water in quaint and historic Coupeville. We had a great table and enjoyed the view. The menu was quite extensive which was excellent since we had mixed group (adults/vegetarians/child). It was a busy weekend and very crowded but we had our reservation and were seated immediately. Unfortunately the service after that was slow and it took longer than expected to receive our food. Our server was good and kept our drinks filled. Our meals were okay but we all felt the food seemed overcooked and dry, especially the burgers. This wasn't our first visit to this establishment- our previous visits were about the same. We gave it another try since we really WANT it to be a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Excllent Mothers DatSaphyrs96Dined on 5/12/2013I made reservations for 530 arrived by 515 they let us in early. Pretty quick and precises, everyone did great. Host seated us, waitress assisted us with our drinks, (3) different drinks were free for Mother's that day...Pretty cool and The amount was decent. For 2 meals, 1 appetizer, and 1 kids meal only $60.00Special Features: