Front Porch Cafe
1458 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Front Porch Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frontporchoceandrive.com/
- Phone: 3055318300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00AM - 6:00PM
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM- 6:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 6:00PM- 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Webster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Front Porch Cafe
The story of Ocean Drive is everchanging, but ourContinued
neighborhood spot has remained the same
for more than 20 years as a laid back
classic & memorable Home- cooked experience.
neighborhood spot has remained the same
for more than 20 years as a laid back
classic & memorable Home- cooked experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Front Porch Cafe - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Front Porch Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (8)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Maybe bfast is betterPesecaninaVIPDined on 9/16/2014We went for dinner. I ordered strip steak with mushrooms. It was well cooked and juicy but not worth the cost. Same for the filet. Service was good. We may try again for brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quieter option on Ocean DrivebbmiamiVIPDined on 8/16/2014This place is further down the road and away from the row of restaurants that are constantly trying to drag you in off the street. Front Porch Cafe has been around for many years, which is a testament to the quality of its food in an ever-changing South Beach line up of restaurants. The interior is nondescript, but more care is given to the food quality and taste. The service is friendly, but could have been more efficient on the night we were there.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We were seated right away and also attended to promptly. The food was delish. But for some reason it didnt give me a wow factor. It was just nice and cozySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableGemFinderDined on 8/8/2014While on vacation in Miami Beach, each per in the group was tasked with choosing where to eat dinner. On my night, I did a bunch of research and decided Front Porch Cafe offered everything I was looking for. I would describe the menu as "international comfort foods"; something delicious for each persons' unique preferences. As a vegetarian, I most often *settle* for one of few options. I love that they serve breakfast all day! The French Toast was incredible. The service was exceptionally friendly, warm, attentive and prompt. Sitting outside on the porch made for great people-watching in addition to being able to enjoy the beautiful weather. Everyone in my group thanked me repeatedly for having found such a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Very good quality food for the price, one of the best in South Beach, avoid the expensive tourist traps on Ocean Dr.Special Features:
- Good dining experiencepalmbchpchDined on 7/20/2014Try the shrimp tacos! They were wonderful! Ambience was so so. The service was wonderful, from the hostess to the server. We would definitely return for the tacos especially.Special Features:
- Meatloaf was awesomekimmykDined on 7/19/2014If you are in South Beach you must try this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, spot & serviceKKHerefordDined on 7/17/2014My 2 teenage children, husband and I had a really great evening here. The food and service were excellent. The plums stuffed with gorgonzola and wrapped in prosciutto were something we've never tried before and were absolutely delicious (as was all the food we ate - fish of the day, steak, calamari and pork). The outside porch is great for watching people go by, but the bar and restaurant inside were also really cool. The waiters offered superb service in a very friendly and knowledgeable manner and added to our enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so greatmiachuckVIPDined on 7/9/20143 appetizers Wings. Almost no meat Calamari. Overlooked I think in old oil BBQ chicken pizza. Not much flavor
- Gr8 time hereHubbiesVIPDined on 6/27/2014WOW, what a wonderful find. South Beach boasts many good restaurants but this is by far our favorite. We loved everything about the Front Porch and will DEFINITELY be returning any time we are in South Beach.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedGratzziDined on 6/27/2014The restaurant, food and service, did not meet the level of its reviews. OK, but pricey.
- Delicious dinnerjerseygirl57Dined on 6/8/2014My daughter and I went to Front Porch Cafe during our vacation to Miami. We ate there for breakfast before and that was wonderful. Dinner did not disappoint. From our waiter to dessert all was great. I had fish and my daughter had Scampi. Food was fresh, hot and delish. I would definitely recommend a visit to FPC when in Miami.Special Features:
- PLEASE DO NOT EAT HERE!Dhn723Dined on 6/5/2014I would never come here again especially for dinner. Hosts were nice but the waiter was rude from greeting and knew he could act that way because he gave an automatic 17% tip to two bills which there was no purpose to have two bills when one person was paying. I would not have minded paying the automatic tip or more if the server was pleasant. The food was mediocore and slow to come out especially when the place was practically empty. It was definitely not worth the price. If you want a nice dining experience I would not recommend this place.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Front Porch Cafe reviews archive.
- Nice experiencebigfoodfanDined on 5/22/2014Had one of the best burgers I've ever had. Must try the kimchee burger. Service was quick and friendly. Host was very charming and helpful.Special Features:
- Not enough staffEmemceeDined on 5/10/2014Sat at the bar for dinner and felt that I was in the way the whole time I sat there. The food was good, although they messed up my order and couldn't say anything as there were no staff to say it to. The pizza is amazing as always. They were busy on a Saturday night and had one bartender. At one point they ran out of glasses to serve drinks. It's a shame their pizza is so good, but service is poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Food - Tourist NeighborhoodRayLovesToTravelnEatDined on 4/24/2014Really enjoyed our dinner here. Corn tamale shrimp app was tasty. Short walk from Lincoln Road area hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami Beach find!PreshowDinerDined on 3/20/2014On the North end of Ocean Drive, this is a great place. Superb service (thank you Peter), delicious food (bacon wrapped dates were ridiculously good), and entertaining people watching made this a great dinner choice for us while on vacation. The drink menu was original and fun...if a bit adventurous/spicy in spots! ; )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari was awful! Must haveMarkoDined on 3/8/2014Calamari was awful! Must have scraped them from the bottom of the bag Slow service Won't go back
- Three great mealsmarilVIPDined on 2/5/2014Breakfast all day with superb French toast was our introduction to this restaurant. It was so good that we were back for lunch and dinner. Happy hour is a special treat with delicious half price appetizers and drinks.Special Features:
- Misleading MenuTLCUKDined on 10/10/2013Both my friend and I ordered what was labeled as a 'salad' however it was nothing like a salad we've ever seen. It could well have been ignorance on my part but the ceviche 'salad' was small, with no 'salad-like' items in it. My friend ordered octopus which was tough and burnt and came with chick peas only, again no 'salad-like' items. They were happy to change my order but to a 'real' salad, however, I think it's reasonable to assume others could make this same mistake, so it might be an idea to change the menu description. Also, the outside tables were dimly lit, so it was hard to read the menu in the first place.
- good restaurantlazaritoDined on 8/25/2013I do not give 5 star because it took more than 10 minutes since we seat in the table for someone to come n greet us.we felt lost there at the begining and we almost leave and my friend fish was not cooked the way she liked it and had to be taken back to the kitchen to be re cook again even though she told the waiter she liked it well cooked and deep fried.other than that the rest of the evening went well and the waiter his service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting Miam1 BeachJohnDined on 7/27/2013Were surprised that we had the place to ourselves on a Saturday night in Miami Beach! Very few patrons when we were there! The food was good and our server was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushy RiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013They lost me when the apps came with over cooked rice. Friends dinner came with coconut rice but they served white (again over cooked) rice. We let the waiter know it should have come with coconut rice and he insisted that it was coconut rice (ridiculous). Friends dinner also came with plantain chips which we were not served and had to ask for.
- Fantastic food fabulous servicemunchiesDined on 6/14/2013Fantastic food fabulous service right on south beachSpecial Features:
- Lunch was okFoodieDined on 5/26/2013We had heard this was terriffic brunch place but we ended up going for lunch. It was good, nothing amazing. The service was very good, very friendly and attentive.
- Love this restaurant!TahoetgrDined on 5/19/2013We were here last August and loved it! We ate the first night because it was convinent since we were staying at the hotel, but we ate again because the food was so good. This trip we just had to have dinner again and the chef did not disappoint! This is a hidden gem on Ocean where you get top notch food at reasonable prices. The crispy potatoes are to die for! The home made pickles are very good. Ask to say hello to the chef, Todd; he is a very talented chef and is very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice break from pricey Miami meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/29/2013My friend and I opted for Front Porch because it was reasonable priced, had a decent/eclectic menu and within walking distance. We sat outside, which is nice especially in Miami. It's kind of on a side street across from a souvenir shop, so there isn't much of a view. The service was pretty good, no complaints there. Our food was pretty good too. Not the most memorable meal of our vacation, but it was nice and simple and straight forward. It was a good break for our wallets too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place not crowdedFoodiejpDined on 4/26/2013Head chef is great and came to our table. Restaurant was out of plantains, which was a bummer. Veggie lasagna was made from scratch and took a long time but the chef brought out a complementary appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mecca of humility in South BeachSteveVIPDined on 3/27/2013I took my two guests visiting from Spain to the FPC, and they loved the cooking and appreciated the fine service. We shared three different dishes "family style," all of which were fresh, flavorful and and creative renditions of great comfort good classics. The chef took the time to introduce himself, and we appreciated that gesture very much. Our server was also excellent throughout the meal.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner oneeekVIPDined on 3/9/2013Had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night while visiting from New York. A friend recommended and we were not disappointed. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- People rave about breakfastelliebethmvDined on 2/23/2013People rave about breakfast here but dinner was really, really good. The plantain chips with homemade pico de galo was a great appetizer and both our pastas were excellent. The wine choices were excellent, too, and the service very good!Special Features:
- Great Valentines Night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This place is normally known for its breakfast and lunches, but I took my wife to the front porch cafe this past Valentines day. It was rainy, but they had the outdoor seating all covered with large umbrellas and the rain was not a problem. The restaurant was surprisingly not busy for this occasion, but I wasn't disappointed by it. We had out own private table, the server was great and the food and wine was delicious (best chicken parm) . They also had a solo band with a guitar and a speaker which was nice. After dinner, since it was raining, we went to the back of the restaurant where it connects to the hotel and played their oversized chess game and drank wine until it stopped raining. The ambiance was great and the back bar is very nice.Special Features:
- we were served by very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013we were served by very nice waiter Denis, he really cares to make guests happy :)Special Features:
- Very good restaurant for aDulac70Dined on 1/5/2013Very good restaurant for a relaxing outdoor dining experience when in South Beach.Special Features:
- great for lunch, not for dinnerjackVIPDined on 9/28/2012great for lunch, not for dinner as the new menu does not compare to the great old dinner items.
- Delectable experience!vtjjaurigueDined on 9/13/2012Eclectic menu. Should be able to find menu item for variety of foodies. Thoroughly enjoyed appetizers of plantains, fried pigs ears, and pork rinds! The entrees of grouper with pico de gallo and chicken over pesto penne pasta were extremely delicious! Dessert of flan with coconut and mint garnish was memorable for the unique taste. Friendly waiter - Peter. Chef was thoughtful to come to our table to check on our thoughts on the meals. Open air dining added to an exquisite restaurant experience.Special Features:
- Really nice spot on southHowardDined on 9/9/2012Really nice spot on south beach. Selected dinner menu but the food was great.Special Features:
- New chef has introduced aMWM1VIPDined on 9/3/2012New chef has introduced a wonderfully creative menu. Breakfast/lunch menu is also very satisfying. Two restaurants in one!Special Features:
- Can't wait to come back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012We had a group of 13 and everyone from the waiters to the bar tender to the hostess was absolutely awesome! Very knowledgeable about the foods, full of information about the chef, beautiful location on ocean drive within walking distance to the beach. A quiet atmosphere but not intimidating. This was my first trip to Miami and I'm glad I picked this restaurant for our group! P.S. that was the best burger I have ever had in my life! I can't stop thinking about it! Consider Huntsville, Alabama in your expansion! :)Special Features:
- We picked Front Porch becauseRickDined on 7/12/2012We picked Front Porch because of the menu items on the website. Looked like a home style place. Apparently the chef changed the menu just that afternoon to a more expensive upscale menu. The old menu was posted at the hostess stand, but nothing from that menu was available. Our waiter was rude about the change and not at all helpful. The only time he was seen was after the check was dropped at our table. It was our last night in Miami and was spoiled by a subpar meal and bad service.. I would not recommend the Front Porch.