62 East Gallivan Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84111Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fromscratchslc.com/
- Phone: 8015385090x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday-Saturday 5-10
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam Cold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from From Scratch
From Scratch features an in-house flour mill that we use to form the base for our pizza, pasta and desserts. No short cuts are taken at From Scratch, mozzarella is hand pulled, ketchup and mustard are created from basic ingredients, and fresh flour is milled from our European imported Mill. House made graham crackers and marshmallows, warmed in our wood-fired oven for smores!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
From Scratch reviews from OpenTable diners
- from scratchnjurseLDined on 3/8/2014food was very good, except for the pizza. Undercooked in the middle. Service was excellent. Ribs were great. Good alcohol choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but Utterly DisorganizedRexDavenportDined on 3/1/2014Terrific food and a very comprehensive beer list. The decore and atmosphere were great. They are doing so many things right. However...... the service was complete chaos. They may have just had an off night because they did everything they could to make it up to us once they got a little ahead of the rush. They seemed very understaffed for what looked like a typical Saturday night crowd. I would definitely go back for the food but the frustration of the service makes it not worth it.
- Great restaurant. I'm fromCummingDined on 2/22/2014Great restaurant. I'm from Atl, but could see this as a great casual place to meet up for drinks/food and just sitting around for a "slow evening". Menu is limited to pizza, burger, another entree, 3-4 salads, soup of the day and some appetizers. Sat at the bar and watched all the food brough out ,and it all looked good. Made it hard to decide. I had the wedge salad and Fennel Pizza. Excellent. Taste was wonderful. One of the few times you taste the ingredients in food at a restaurant. Wine list is small and the beer is all local Utah beer. No domestic/international beer that I recall. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting good pizza/burger, and a casual meal with a date/friend or a group of friends. Service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexceptional in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/22/2014The pizza crust is quite good. Everything else is not. Bland pizza, dull appetizers and ambiance that hardly bothers. It's fine and nothing more.
- Great foodLynnae123Dined on 2/15/2014Everything we tried was amazing. Small menu but excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groupon Chaoshabitat47Dined on 2/13/2014I went to Open Table with 3 other friends for a quick lunch away from the office. The food was delicious and served at a reasonable time. However when it came time to pay the check the server couldn't figure out how to process the groupon that one of my friends paid with. It ended up taking about 25 minutes to pay our bill which made several of us very late for meetings. I might try this place again for dinner but I won't go again during the lunch hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the food. It wasJanellieDined on 1/24/2014We loved the food. It was interesting and delicious. The help didn't seem that well informed and it became very loud as the evening wore on. We really enjoyed our experience, however, and we were glad we went. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!mclearDined on 1/6/2014I was told that another pizza place in town with a wood fire pizza oven. Well, immediately I found another one.. And it was GREAT! This hidden gem is not very busy, which is going to change as soon as a few people figure it out. I really enjoyed their service, selection, and portions. MUST TRY!Special Features: