Frjtz - Valencia
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
Frjtz - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frjtzfries.com/
- Phone: 4158633413
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30AM - 10:00PM.
Friday: 11:30AM - 11:00PM.
Saturday: 11:00AM - 11:00PM.
Sunday: 11:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Santiago Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Frjtz - Valencia
The taste of Benelux in the heart of the mission. Belgian frites with over 22 dipping sauces, 6 types of steamed mussels, amazing crepes, daring salads and succulent burgers, Frjtz is an amazing oasis of gastronomical comfort, great music, soothing art and an ambiance that will make you a disciple for years to come. A favorite place to bring your date, parents, children and your gay uncle. Oh yeah and we have a nice selection of Belgian beers in addition to delicious wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Frjtz - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
- We have been to the otherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012We have been to the other Frjtz location before and decided to try this one. The staff is super nice and the food did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Sweet potato fries= AWESOME.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Sweet potato fries= AWESOME. I wish the pancetta was bigger in the mussels. I love the Uxmal most and next would be Sukhotai.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2012The atmosphere was great and the menu selection very broad. We made reservations and they had our table set up and ready to go when we arrived. Two of my friends ordered the same type of crepe, which they found to be bland...which it was. I had an open face sandwich and salad which were both very good. Our other friend ordered a burger, however it was given to the wrong table so we waited a while before going to ask, which they promptly apologized for and got a new order out. They fries were very good, we had one order of garlic fries and one of the sweet potato with the truffle artichoke ketchup, the olive ketchup and the chipotle sauce - all very tasty.Special Features:
- Not sure we will be back.BzerkeleyVIPDined on 1/28/2012Not sure we will be back. Food was fair. Service at counter was confused. Not sure what was going on or if they were short staffed. Flavors lacking, food temperature marginal. I give it a C- for food and a D for service.
- Our party of six (a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2012Our party of six (a family gathering) had a great time here - wonderful crepes and a helpful friendly person behind the counter. This is an informal order-at-the-front place with plenty of tables for seating - so not formal and no waiters/waitresses.Special Features:
- I went for lunch...peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2012I went for lunch...people have made fun of me before for ordering salad and fries...but hey. So good.Special Features:
- I'd never been here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/9/2012I'd never been here before and you have to order at the counter and then grab an open table, so making a reservation at Frjtz is a little baffling.
- You've got to be kidding.ChowciaoVIPDined on 1/1/2012You've got to be kidding. The crepe was tasteless and the chicken cold and dry as a bone. The sweet potato fries were decent but hardly memorable and the regular fries were like chalk, not anything like a frite that I have had anywhere and to top it off, the sauce/ketchup was just a gelatinous frozen blob.
- Fun little spot. Was surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/18/2011Fun little spot. Was surprised when we got there that it was a place where you ordered at the counter and they brought you the food. Surprised only because I had made a reservation for a table and they don't typically reserve tables nor do they have wait staff. Good, though!Special Features:
- First time that I used openLunchaliciousVIPDined on 12/3/2011First time that I used open table for Frtjz but have been going there for awhile. They gave us a great table up front even though there were many tables open. I usually go for mussels or a salad but tried a sandwich instead. I prefer the mussels. They forgot part of our order and comped us some fries.Special Features:
- This is a very fun place forDiner110Dined on 12/2/2011This is a very fun place for a group of friends to go. I was surprised to arrive and find that food orders were placed at the bar and then delivered by runners to the table and drink orders were placed and served at the bar as well, since I had a leisurely evening with relatives from out of town planned. The getting up to order another round of frjtz or sandwiches or salads was a little disruptive to an evening of catching up but the easy atmosphere of the place definitely compensated for the up-and-down activities. I would easily recommend it for couples and groups but not for those anticipating an evening of a long dinner. It's just not that kind of place. Excellent food and welcoming ambiance.Special Features:
- Amazing, the food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/5/2011Amazing, the food was great and the ambiance was fun and vibrant!Special Features:
- The fries and dipping saucest6362bVIPDined on 10/21/2011The fries and dipping sauces were to die for. The pesto ham and cheese sandwich and the coca cola pulled pork sandwichs were the best.Special Features: