309 North Highland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frittirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 880-9559
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - midnight
Sunday: 12:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Riccardo Ullio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact Matthew Powers at 404-880-9559 for details.
A word from Fritti
Both hip and comfortable, Fritti provides a most authentic Italian dining experience. Fritti features 26 varieties of authentic Italian pizzas prepared in hand-crafted wood-burning ovens. Fritti also offers a variety of Tuscan style wood roasted meats, great fried appetizers and refreshing salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Fritti - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Fritti reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (74)great for outdoor dining (68)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (45)notable wine list (29)hot spot (28)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (17)romantic (15)late-night find (13)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (6)great for brunch (2)Show More
- ese7619Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent food and great ambiance.... Will return and will recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and pizza!IntownerDined on 11/12/2014Great lunch spot. Conveniently located with wonderful staff and delicious pizza. We were so happy that we could hear our own conversation. Arrived before parking lot was full, so no issue for me to find a spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date SpotMattNewton23VIPDined on 11/7/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed the antipasti appetizer and one of their pizzas. You can't go wrong on this menu!Special Features:
- Unbelievable PizzaRichardVIPDined on 11/7/2014Yep ! Best pizza I have had in a long time. Reminds me of pizza I enjoyed in Naples Italy. Crust on the Margherita was about as perfect as it could be. After we finished it my wife wanted another one. Been married 39 years...never has this happened ! We will be back.Special Features:
- Back on my "A list"JTLSRVIPDined on 11/6/2014I've been a Fritti fan since it opened. In its early days it was outstanding. In the last year or two there was a noted decline but now something is very different and whatever it is has brought the magic back. Our server really knew his stuff and made great recommendations for wine and food. Cook times were on target and we departed with a smile from the Service Manager--which is the same one we got when we arrived. I'm thrilled Fritti is back on my "A-list" of at least monthly restaurant stops [I live 50 miles from it].Special Features:
- The original...mrp64Dined on 11/1/2014Fritti is one of the first authentic Pizza restaurants in Atlanta. The Inman Park setting is awesome for outdoor dining and it is walkable on the Beltline. The wine list was excellent. So was the FRIED (yes...FRIED) calzone. The sausage in the calzone was spicy, but tasty. Service was perfect. There when you need them, out of your way when you don't. Server kept the drinks full at the table. Salads were excellent as well. It is a spirited atmosphere....great with friends or late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredVIPDined on 10/31/2014Without question, still the best pizza this side of the Atlantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/poor servicefood4lifeDined on 10/28/2014Food was very good - flavorful and plentiful. However, service was very slow. We had to continuously ask other servers to find our server. Also, I ordered the flank steak skewer (delicious) along with an arugula salad. My salad was served first (delicisous!), but when my entree was served it came with the same salad! Why didn't the server inform me of this when i placed my order? Enjoyed the outdoor seating, but table was near the road and traffic at times, interferred with table conversation....will probably get seat indoors on next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceJAYMACDined on 10/26/2014Arrived for Sunday brunch with my wife and daughter around 1:30. The restaurant was 3/4 empty, so with the nice weather we decided to sit outside on the patio. We were shown to our table by the young man at the check-in desk, and he assured us someone would be right out to take our drink order. After waiting another 5 -10 mins. I went back in and asked the same young man if he could send someone out because no one has been out to the table yet, he apologized and said he would have someone right out. After 10 more mins. I went back in and thanked him for trying but we were leaving. We were disappointed because we had heard their pizza was outstanding, but without service the experience will always be disappointing.Special Features:
- Incredible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014We've been coming to Fritti for five years now. The food is consistently incredible and that's what keeps us coming back. My husband is from Italy and he loves how close the food is to what he grew up on. The front of house service is not great. We've come to expect it. Hostesses and managers are always indifferent to their patrons. There are a few good servers but most give off the vibe that they could care less. Seems to me this is what the leadership wants or we would have experienced different at some point. So this means Fritti is a once in a while stop for us when we want awesome food. The food is worth the drive and never lets us down. We definitely recommend but know what you are in for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Gourmet PizzaBArkaeDined on 10/21/2014Rarely let's me down. Great for casual evening with friends. Mainly a gourmet pizza joint with some other items. Good wine list. Friendly, energetic staff. Easy Parking on street near by.Special Features:
- Great food and service.Wineandfood23VIPDined on 10/17/2014The skewered food, salads, and pizzas are all excellent. The pizza selection is pretty varied and vast so it is easy to go here often and not duplicate your choice. The wine is moderately priced which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best pizza in town!FoodyGirlDined on 10/11/2014We have visited all the "Neopolitan" pizzerias in metro Atlanta, and this has been and remains the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto Bene!FineFoodFinderDined on 10/9/2014Dining on pizza at Fritti is more than the standard American "quick-easy-greasy-filling" substitute for a meal. This is a ristorante where the food is quality, the service is attentive but not cloying, and the ambiance, which is lively but pleasant, contributes rather than detracts. There are many authentic Italian pizzas and appetizers on the Fritti menu, but the classic and original pizza--the margharita--deserves being one of your table's choices to share. Fritti holds its own as a great spot for 'Italian' even with the competition of four other fine dining venues all in within sight of Fritti and the Inman Park location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fritti - A Neighborhood DelightMensaFoodReviewVIPDined on 9/27/2014Every neighborhood should delight in having a restaurant like a Fritti: a hip-casual atmosphere with good everyday food options and a respectable yet inexpensive wine selection. We have eaten here a few times and I am yet to have a server with energetic engagement, but perhaps breezy indifference is part of the charm of a hipster neighborhood staff. The pizza is good, but last night we discovered a few things on the menu that are great: The grilled scallops are outstanding, and if you ask, they will bring you the pizza bread cooked with just olive oil and spices with a side of marinara - fantastic. I also had a delightful salad in a beautifully delicate balsalmic with salami, artichoke hearts, and prosciutto . A neighborhood staple.Special Features:
- Great Pizza!!Deb4Dined on 9/19/2014I am from Italy and this is the place to go to experience the authentic pizza! well done to the Pizzaiolo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!cmacDined on 9/13/2014My bf and I went here for a date on Saturday night. We had made a reservation but didn't specify outdoor seating. When we arrived, there was a 20-min wait for patio seating, but we were hungry so opted to sit inside right away. It was a bit loud inside as there was a large party of teenage girls celebrating a birthday. After they left, it became noticeably quieter. :-) The food was delicious (calamari, steak spiedini, veggie pizza, nutella pizza for dessert). The drinks were great and reasonably priced. And our server was attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. I would definitely go back but would request outdoor seating, if possible. The patio seemed a bit less "energetic" than the inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealgreatmealDined on 9/13/2014Have been here a few times, and took my sister for a celebration meal. Great time and fine food.Special Features:
- Wait & timing of food is off a lotfrequentdinerDined on 9/12/2014Fritti never seems to honor my reservation time within a reasonable time (20-45 mins after reservation). The food is usually not timed well either. The food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scnickelDined on 9/4/2014The food was good, but the service was not. Our server misheard my order and brought me a pizza instead of the panini that i ordered. She did offer to take it back and exchange it, but I decided to eat it. When the bill came though, I was charged for the pizza which was $4 more than what i ordered. Lesson learned...send it back.
- Great pizzaBowhitesidesDined on 8/30/2014We went to Fritti late night with a group of 5 and were some of the only ones in the restaurant, which made it super quick and awesome service. Our waiter offered us tastings of a couple wines before we selected one, and was very helpful in selecting food. We split 3 pizzas and a salad and it was just the right amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Antipasti & oven fired pizzaFoodloverDined on 8/27/2014The food was great and our server Josh was wonderful. Definitely one of my new favorite spots!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always enjoy Fritti. great small plates, wine and pizzaSpecial Features:
- SpectacularItalianManDined on 8/22/2014Everything was fantastic. We had arancini and fried squid for appetizers. The squid itself includes the tender tentacles as well as rings. It is properly fried in clean oil - delicious. Ditto for the arancini. We also had a pizza margherita and a pizza with speck and arugula. Unlike pretentious pizza places that are trying to convince Atlantans that real Italian pizza is a soggy mess with sliding masses of cheese, the pizza at Fritti is thin crust, but has body and complexity. It's moist but not soggy-just as in Italy. The panna cotta and sweet mascarpone were perfectly executed and simple. The espresso is perfect - lots of crema and made from good beans. Wine is served at the proper temperature. Service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Fritti for LunchkjerwinDined on 8/22/2014Great location for a team lunch with my employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in TownAtlanta01VIPDined on 8/16/2014We love this place. The pizza is outstanding, so many choices and well prepared. The service is top notch. Great atmosphere and the place is really charming. Outdoor dining area is really nice.Special Features:
- Diversity galore. Great foodAlpharettagirlDined on 8/14/2014A little known secret that I love about Fritti. It is owned by The same owners as Sotto Sotto next door. You can order off both menus which makes for a very diversified dinner. Risotto is a fav and the wine list is more extensive next door. Can't go wrong with the delish pizza but adding a side of risotto or pasta of some sort keeps us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average pizza restaurantLoveToDineDined on 8/9/2014We loved Fritti ' s arugula, apple and beet salad, calimari, and thin, delicious, brick oven pizza. Among other things they have a large selection of pizzas...we tried two different kinds and loved both. The only thing I think they could improve on in my opinion is their wine list. If memory serves they have mainly Italian wines and they were expensive by the glass. We had considered ordering wine from the menu, but didn't see any that looked appealing. Luckily we brought our own bottle of a nice California Cabernet as a backup and opened that instead. Their corkage fee was steep ($25). Dinner was excellent, and ambiance relaxed and fun. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotVaHiJoeDined on 8/3/2014This spot is in the heart of Inman Park, and offers nice outdoor dining and authentic, Italian pizza. One of our guest had the Salmon and commented that it was very good and fresh. I recommend you try the mushroom appetizer.Special Features:
- Love the crust...omanderVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fritti seems to have gotten Neapolitan-style pizza down to an art - their crust doesn't get soggy! We enjoyed the calamari (crisp and tender), the arugula salad and an artichoke pizza. All fresh and delicious! Service is consistently good and the staff are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Rocks!UKKUDined on 7/31/2014The pizza is beyond delicious here! This restaurant is a must! The only issue was that it was rather cramped inside. It is very small square footage wise and it seems as if all the tables are right on each other. I felt like I had joined the table next to me I was so close to it. I do give credit that the sound barriers were great in that while sitting super close to my neighbor, I didn't hear much of their conversation. Though, they could have been quiet talkers. Any ways the food is good enough to over look that and at least eat here once.Special Features:
- The following 870 reviews are from the Fritti reviews archive.
- Great food!JScjVIPDined on 7/29/2014I absolutely love this place. It never disappoints. I have been here several times and always had great food and great service. However, on this occasion, I was disappointed buy the service we got. It was not bad per say, but it was extremely rushed. The restaurant was not even full. I had taken some friends that were visiting from out of the country, and I felt a bit embarrassed by the waiter rushing us and never a smile on his face. I hope this was an isolated incident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicesouthernstormDined on 7/26/2014Our wait time on a Saturday afternoon was ZERO minutes. Our servers were courteous and knowledgable. The fried mushrooms and eggplant mozzarella fritters were to die for. Second time dining there, and there will definitely be a third, fourth, fifth...Special Features:
- Authentic Italian Pizza on a patioKRoqDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend and I went to Fritti on a Friday night. It was a wonderful experience. We sat in the covered patio; it was so lovely sitting outside while the sun went down and people passed by walking around Inman Park. We started with the almond encrusted goat cheese, arugula, peppers and olive salad. Each bite was an explosion of flavors in my mouth. We shared it and it was more than enough for two people for an appetizer. For our entrees we shared the Cotto e Funghi pizza. The pizza was INCREDIBLE. Authentic Italian pizza. Felt like I was in Rome. Our server was also very friendly and helped us select what to order. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- omanderVIPDined on 7/18/2014We brought an out of town guest who loves pizza to Fritti for dinner. Neopolitan style pizza can be difficult; lots of places serve up "vero pizza Napolitana" that has a soggy crust (or crust that gets soggy quickly). I've eaten pizza at Fritti several times, and each time the crust has stayed crisp and tasty. The funghi fritti is always a delicious starter with a cold beer, the salads are fresh and suitable for sharing, and we like the spiedini di manzo (which also comes with a large side-salad portion of arugula salad so be prepared if ordering salad as well.). A whole page of pizza options makes decision-making difficult but whets your appetite! We finished the meal with the white chocolate bread pudding, tasty and not overly sweet.Special Features:
- Love the open atmosphere!luv2dineDined on 7/16/2014What a refreshing late lunch this traveler had. I enjoyed a very comfortable restaurant with such a relaxed feeling, food that chefs prepared must have been the best I've tasted, and a knowledgeable staff with great attitudes, that were there with recommendations, items, etc. . Love the decor' What more could you ask for? Thanks Fritti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Was there to celebrate my birthday, our table was shaky and dripped water on my brother from the roof, our server sucked which is a shame because I am in the service industry. She forgot our drinks and was very uninterested in us, as great as the food was and great the view was I will never be back. Sorry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2014We always eat at Sister restaurant, Sotto Sotto and this was our first time to dine at Fritti. talk about two completely different atmospheres. We had a shared meal of appetizers, each one great on it's own and leaving us wanting more. The margarita pizza, was delicious, very tender crust and we finished each morsel. Good place to sit back, relax and enjoy great pizza. Sit outside and people watchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All thumbs upBluejeanDined on 7/5/2014Reservation was right on time and we got a great corner table on the patio on a beautiful evening. Server was pleasant, courteous and knowledgeable. We had a couple pizzas--yum! and a salmon entree. All hot and very tasty. Would recommend Fritti in a heartbeat and we will be back.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalySplendidDined on 6/28/2014Fritti brought back memories from the time my family and I resided in Italy for 4 years. This was our first time eating here and even hearing about the place. We will definitely return for more authentic Napoli and Tuscan Italian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.