Friday Saturday Sunday
261 South 21st Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Friday Saturday Sunday
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://frisatsun.com/
- Phone: 2155464232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Reese Skulteti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Limited availability. Upstairs seating up to 30 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Promutico 2155464232
- Special Events: Special Dinner Events throughout the year. See frisatsun.com for details.
A word from Friday Saturday Sunday
"Best tiny romantic restaurant" - Philadelphia Magazine “It’s a Rittenhouse Square classic. With its romantic dining room and cool upstairs tank bar, it’s one of the most vibrant spots with a finely rendered menu. Great wine list and only a $10 markup on each bottle.” –Craig LaBan, Philadelphia InquirerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Friday Saturday Sunday - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Friday Saturday Sunday reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)romantic (73)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (45)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Stiill the Best in Phillymanger123VIPDined on 9/23/2014I have been eating here since FSS opened--I used to live almost next door. Other places come and go; there is a reason FSS is still going strong. It is consistently excellent in every way. It doesn't play to trends or fads. Many of the staff are long-time employees. They all seem to enjoy what they are doing, and the customers know this. I hadn't been in a while because I had been out of the country on business, and I took a retiring co-worker as a farewell dinner--he loved the place to. And I discovered I had really missed the place--I eat at many other area restaurants, but I have a genuine affection for FSS. OpenTable readers should go to FSS, and go often, to what, I think, is Philadelphia's best restaurant.Special Features:
- McEarlsDined on 9/21/2014I have been enjoying this fabulous gem since it's founding 40 years ago. Weaver has continued to maintain the variety and uniqueness of his place through decades of Philadelphia's "restaurant renaissance". Mt wife and I enjoyed our wedding brunch there almost 32 years ago, and we introduced our daughter to this neighborhood gem last weekend while she was visiting us from that "other" restaurant city, San Francisco. We travel from Chester County to enjoy Fri/Sat/Sun as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding and the service was even better!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Food was great. Service was bad. Our waitress took our order for food & dessert but forgot. They gave us nuts to hold us over. Free dessert would of been niceI would recommend this to a friend.
- henhenDined on 9/19/2014Came here for cream of mushroom, wasn't disappointed but wasn't impressed. Desserts are pretty good.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Was Busyaka3Dined on 9/19/2014Sometimes you just want good food with no pretense. This is why my friends and I dined at FriSatSun last weekend. Parking in this area of town is horrendous, but tucked away in a tiny corner of Rittenhouse Square is this gem of a restaurant. My friends loved the friendly waitstaff, but it was difficult getting the attention of the person taking food orders. We all loved the meal and there was zero complaints, aside from the fact that many menu items were gone by the time we arrived. If you go, pick a less busy time period. The food really is yummy and we enjoyed our girls night out.Special Features:
- eghdsend1Dined on 9/18/2014Great dinner the only think I would suggest buy some high chairs for childrenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TerrificbcluckyVIPDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I have been coming for many years but have not been in Philly recently. It was great to return for another excellent meal and warm, timely service. Heartily recommend for all.Special Features:
- Good eats and serviceDivineDined on 9/14/2014This place would definitely be good for special occasions or even if you want to just treat yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantLarrydermVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been dining here for years, and almost always it is a lovely experience. There is a variety of choices offered on the menu and with the specials. The food is well prepared, as are the cocktails. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- Cute and cozykmm16Dined on 9/13/2014I've walked past this restaurant so many times and have always thought it looked cute and cozy. Had dinner there for the first time on a Saturday night and inside it feels just as cute and cozy. Sat upstairs, it was very quiet. The people who worked there were very nice and friendly and seemed to be having a good time. The food was very good (I had the ravioli and my date had the ribeye) and we had a bread pudding for dessert which was delish. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- just okLuvnycDined on 9/12/2014Not what I thought! Service was poor, three different wait staff and seemed annoyed! It was restaurant week and was busy, but still..... we were out for a nice dinner with friends ad that was hard to do there.
- A neighborhood gem!dinoladyDined on 9/12/2014Super spot to meet with friends to talk (and actually hear each other!) including great down-home food and attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Everything was great, butNewsyrobVIPDined on 9/11/2014The blue cheese salad was light and delicious, the salmon perfectly prepared, and the coconut cream pie was just as I remembered it--outstanding. FriSatSun's desserts are all fabulous. However, the roasted broccoli florets that accompanied the salmon fillet were almost burnt and tasted brackish. Also there were too few of them.Special Features:
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday2lovebirdsDined on 9/7/2014This is a charming spot, I think it's romantic. The food is consistently good and so is the service. It was the first nite of Restaurant Week and the selections on the menu were very nice. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves and the food very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I had never heard of this restaurant. My girlfriend said she loved the place but we had never visited together. I took her there for our four year anniversary. I loved the food. The chicken liver pate I had as an app was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time hit or miss.DbfreiDined on 8/9/2014I've come here too often to count over the 40 years it has been open. First time I can't give it 5 stars. I am sure it was an aberration. First the excellent. The crab cakes are uniformly the beast in the city for my money. The mushroom soup is a classic. Another one of us loved the pork dish. The deserts as usual were superb. The service was great. It was not too noisy. The not excellent: while my ribeye was perfectly seasoned with a great sauce, the meat was gristly. A salad special was too peppery. I will certainly return again and again.Special Features:
- Romantic experience and delicious!1disappointedValentineVIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Friday Saturday Sunday so much. This is such a romantic restaurant and so relaxing. It is beautifully decorated. The Tilapia we had for dinner was the best we've ever tasted. Just a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014Just terrific! The seafood was fresh and wonderfully prepared. The steak was delicious. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. Everyone involved seemed to sincerely care that we enjoyed the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandn1SurpriseDined on 7/26/2014The tables were too small for four people. Some of the staff were curt and less than welcoming. The food was served so quickly it was like fast food. We inquired about the crab cakes and were told they were lump crab, and they definitely were not. I would not reccommend this restaurant to anyone since there are so many more to choose for in the city.
- Great once again!BestoftimesDined on 7/25/2014We started going to this amazing place about 15 years ago while living in Philly. We now live in upstate NY and returned again with our 6 year old daughter for a trip to Philly. There were a few things that have sadly left the menu, but some new amazing things have been added. We had a great time and the food and drinks were amazing! Keep up the great work to all at FRI SAT SUN! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurantCrosstrekDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed a meal here many years ago prior to seeing a show in Philadelphia. Don't know why we waited so long to return. The staff was friendly and very courteous just as I remembered. The food was exceptional. I tried the tenderloin of lamb and it was prepared perfectly. My wife really enjoyed the grilled salmon. If you want the feel of a neighborhood restaurant in the heart of Philadelphia, This is the place to go. We will not wait very long to return.Special Features:
- thank youtimRDined on 7/23/2014I work for the navy and misses my wife's birthday for the past two years. Ive heard about Friday Saturday Sunday from friends that used to live in the city. I made reservations and quickly explained that it was a special evening for me and my wife. We were greeted by friendly and caring wait staff and placed in a romantic seat. The service was one of a kind only matched by the food. It was a perfect time and they have made long time customers out of me and my wife. Thank you so much to the front of the house and back of the house over there. You have a perfect restaurant and we can wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous againWillDined on 7/23/2014I seldom eat dinner in Center City Philadelphia (I live in the suburbs) - and have returned to FSS four times in the past year. There are excellent reasons why it has been around for 40 years. The only reason I did not check off more boxes for recommending it is because most of the categories do not apply to the restaurant ("scenic views") or I have not been there at the times applicable ("great for lunch"). The best waiter recommendations ever, including making an entree recommendation based upon whether you had an appetizer and if so what. I know I will be going back and I know I will be impressed once again.Special Features:
- Great Specials!PeacefulinNJDined on 7/19/2014We love the regular menu too but there is always at least one special that is exotic and different. And DELICIOUS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014We had a delicious meal. The service was warm and friendly. We hadn't been to this restaurant in years, but we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TGI FSSSipandSupDined on 7/17/2014Friday, Saturday Sunday defines neighborhood gem. Pretty spot in a great neighborhood. Friendly, non-rushed service. Very good food and a considerate priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good one!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/14/2014Always a great meal- We've been going there since it opened.Special Features:
- Never a bad timeJW09Dined on 7/13/2014Friday Saturday Sunday is always a hit. I have never had a bad experience there.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsKatieBDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful for a special occasion or a fun date night. I always love the chicken dijon and my fiance greatly enjoyed the filet. The service was awesome and the price was pretty decent for the food. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed review!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Too dark, dated decor, but dinner was excellent. Really don't think anyone should wear cargo shorts, especially a waiter.Special Features:
- Slightly off...OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/10/2014Has been a while since we had dined at the restaurant, the usual staff we were accustomed to seeing were not there on this evening. We've always loved the consistency in food and service and it was a bit off on this visit. The ambiance took a hit because we had 4 annoying people sitting next to us who gave the staff a very hard time, sending food back, they detracted most from what would have been a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Civilized dining for adultsFresserVIPDined on 7/8/2014It is always a great pleasure to enjoy the attentive service, refined atmosphere, and reliably good food. No molecular gastronomy here, but solid, tasty favorites well prepared in an environment suitable for conversation.Special Features:
- Waiter, waiter?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014I found the service at this restaurant to be offensive. One of the adult male servers was so rude when seating us, taking our order, and serving us. Honestly, it ruined the ambiance of the restaurant and dinner for our whole party and made for an incredibly awkward situation. I will not be returning and would never recommend others to eat here.Special Features:
- Delicious additions to menuCar2shVIPDined on 7/6/2014Tweaks to the summer menu have brought tasty additions including a fruit soup and a salad of beans and mixed seafood. Lump crabmeat cakes are from the most delicious recipe. An excellent choice year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamHoustonVIPDined on 7/5/2014Best neighborhood spot in central Philly. Always check the specials and weaver's wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningErinDined on 7/4/2014We ordered their mussels as an appetizer, which was EXCELLENT (and this coming from a person who typically doesn't really prefer mussels, but the broth and seasoning was truly terrific). We also enjoyed our entrees and the services was excellent...friendly, helpful with suggestions, and very warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Bad waitresssp3cialVIPDined on 7/4/2014We dined here for the first time July 4. My husband had been feeling ill but came with me so I could enjoy my dinner. He ordered a salad so to not sit there idol, I ordered a meal, and we both ordered a cocktail. The waitress looked at him, asked "that's all your having?" and then walked over to another man there and clearly stated, " doesn't he know you can't just order a salad at dinner time." How rude!! What a shame that left a bad taste in our thoughts about this establishment. She needs some retraining on her people skills. My swordfish was excellent. Maybe she needs a vacation.
- Another GemdabradVIPDined on 7/1/2014The place may be small , but they serve up some great food.
- Outstanding - Top notch food!foodmamaDined on 6/28/2014Happy to give this place an outstanding review. This is one of those places that I had forgotten about because we try new restaurants when they open and tend to forget about the older places. This place is still fantastic and I am thrilled that the quality of the food has stayed the same. The ingredients are all fresh and the creations are fantastic.Nothing is overly salty, nothing overly sauced. This is a big plus for us as we experience many new chic restaurants around the city and feel we leave dying of thirst from salt. The fig and arugula salad & mixed strawberry greens salad both excellent The spinach and feta ravioli -melt in your mouth perfect. The filet mignon better than capital grill. Best Cosmo anywhere in the city! Fresh made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.