Friday Saturday Sunday
261 South 21st Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Friday Saturday Sunday
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://frisatsun.com/
- Phone: 2155464232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Reese Skulteti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Limited availability. Upstairs seating up to 30 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Promutico 2155464232
- Special Events: Special Dinner Events throughout the year. See frisatsun.com for details.
A word from Friday Saturday Sunday
"Best tiny romantic restaurant" - Philadelphia Magazine “It’s a Rittenhouse Square classic. With its romantic dining room and cool upstairs tank bar, it’s one of the most vibrant spots with a finely rendered menu. Great wine list and only a $10 markup on each bottle.” –Craig LaBan, Philadelphia InquirerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Friday Saturday Sunday - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Friday Saturday Sunday reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)romantic (82)fit for foodies (79)special occasion (49)notable wine list (27)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014Great food and nice people. Had filet it was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longstanding GemfrequentdinerDined on 10/19/2014Been going to Fri. Sat. Sun. for 20+ years and still one of our favorites places to dine. Food and drinks wonderful. Always fun to have a cocktail at the Tank Bar upstairs before dinner. Love the unique atmosphere of this restaurant. Only downside is parking. But that's Philly! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- It was Great!CtdinersDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated our anniversary with dinner at this little gem...had a drink at the bar upstairs while waiting for our table, and chatted with the friendly bartender. We were seated at a cozy quiet corner booth and had a fantastic meal...great salads, the pork tenderloin and ravioli...both delicious! We were visiting from CT but would return to this place on our next visit to Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special Occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were celebrating my birthday and it was a perfect fit for not an outrageous price. The wine list was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe an off night?TravelingTexanVIPDined on 10/17/2014This was our first time to the restaurant, and all of the waitstaff was running around chaotically so perhaps they were short handed. It took us ~10 min to get water and a menu, and the ribeye I ordered medium-rare off the specials board came out medium-well/well done. My wife's fish was fine but nothing to write home about, although the cheese plate was very good and well thought out. Seemed like a lot of people in the restaurant were regulars, so perhaps they know something I don't?
- Comfort and DelightTiggerDined on 10/17/2014We had another delightful dinner at FSS! The staff is so warm and welcoming. The crab cakes were amazingly light, with plenty of crab. The grilled polenta triangles were a terrific complement. As usual, the ribeye steak of the day was cooked to perfection. We enjoyed a great bottle of pinot noir; we don't worry about white/red pairings, just what we enjoy! :-) The desserts were as delicious as ever: autumn pear tart and key lime pie. We love the low key, cozy vibe here and will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My partner and I picked Fri Sat Sun for date night. You can usually get a parking spot in the neighborhood, Had cocktails upstairs at the bar before having dinner. The service is a great blend of team work and we both enjoyed our meals. PS. Don't forget to check the board for specials of the nightSpecial Features:
- Hidden treasure!LeeGDined on 10/15/2014Love the ambience and food at this restaurant! It is tucked into the Rittenhouse area like a little gem! Wait staff friendly but allows privacy! Parking is a challenge in the area so allow extra time...not the restaurants fault! Intimate , friendly, Unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quirky place with a great menuBbbbbbDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant has a quirky fun vibe. Menu is creative. Everyone in our group of four enjoyed the appetizers and most enjoyed their entrees.Special Features:
- luvphillyDined on 10/11/2014We had an excellent time at Friday, Saturday, Sunday. We got there a half hour late due to traffic and they were very accommodating. The food, service, and ambiance were excellent. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentFoodiefolksDined on 10/11/2014We always have a pre-theatre meal here to start off the season, and we frequently add a holiday season visit here as well - it's a lovely, unpretentious special place. Many of our out-of-town guests get to have their first Philadelphia restaurant experience at FSS - we know they find it memorable!Special Features:
- Almost perfect experiencejromfDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant is small, intimate and serves the best food I've eaten in almost forever. The wine was very fine and the service very attentive. And generally friendly. The only tiny issue I had was that, since we were catching up with a friend we hadn't seen in a year, it took us longer than usual, I guess, to order. Eventually, our server told us that our table was spoken for by an 8:00 PM reservation (it was around 6:30). Although she apologized, the experience was soured for me a bit because I felt rushed afterwards.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was very nice. The chicken pâté was awesome as was the salad. The filet and duck were very good. It was not noisy and the room was dimly lit which I really like. I would go back next time I am in Philly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmedlkp214VIPDined on 10/4/2014I had received many recommendations to try Friday Saturday Sunday, so I was very excited to try. Unfortunately, it fell short of my expectations, starting with the service (never asked half the table for drink orders), out of the first two wine bottles we chose and waited an exceptionally long time to take our dinner order (and only when prompted). Further more, the lamb entree was over cooked, spinach tasted old and the cous cous cake was sooo dry. Other entrees were ok (two fish and the filet) - no one left wanting to return.
- Friday Saturday SundaymuffinDined on 10/4/2014finally went here for a dinner with my husband--can't believe how impressed we were by staff, food, ambience. Loved it so much we bought a gift certificate for our son before we left--definitely one of our favorite city restaurants with a real "neighborhood" feel!Special Features:
- Stiill the Best in Phillymanger123VIPDined on 9/23/2014I have been eating here since FSS opened--I used to live almost next door. Other places come and go; there is a reason FSS is still going strong. It is consistently excellent in every way. It doesn't play to trends or fads. Many of the staff are long-time employees. They all seem to enjoy what they are doing, and the customers know this. I hadn't been in a while because I had been out of the country on business, and I took a retiring co-worker as a farewell dinner--he loved the place to. And I discovered I had really missed the place--I eat at many other area restaurants, but I have a genuine affection for FSS. OpenTable readers should go to FSS, and go often, to what, I think, is Philadelphia's best restaurant.Special Features:
- McEarlsDined on 9/21/2014I have been enjoying this fabulous gem since it's founding 40 years ago. Weaver has continued to maintain the variety and uniqueness of his place through decades of Philadelphia's "restaurant renaissance". Mt wife and I enjoyed our wedding brunch there almost 32 years ago, and we introduced our daughter to this neighborhood gem last weekend while she was visiting us from that "other" restaurant city, San Francisco. We travel from Chester County to enjoy Fri/Sat/Sun as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding and the service was even better!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Food was great. Service was bad. Our waitress took our order for food & dessert but forgot. They gave us nuts to hold us over. Free dessert would of been niceI would recommend this to a friend.
- henhenDined on 9/19/2014Came here for cream of mushroom, wasn't disappointed but wasn't impressed. Desserts are pretty good.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Was Busyaka3Dined on 9/19/2014Sometimes you just want good food with no pretense. This is why my friends and I dined at FriSatSun last weekend. Parking in this area of town is horrendous, but tucked away in a tiny corner of Rittenhouse Square is this gem of a restaurant. My friends loved the friendly waitstaff, but it was difficult getting the attention of the person taking food orders. We all loved the meal and there was zero complaints, aside from the fact that many menu items were gone by the time we arrived. If you go, pick a less busy time period. The food really is yummy and we enjoyed our girls night out.Special Features:
- eghdsend1Dined on 9/18/2014Great dinner the only think I would suggest buy some high chairs for childrenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TerrificbcluckyVIPDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I have been coming for many years but have not been in Philly recently. It was great to return for another excellent meal and warm, timely service. Heartily recommend for all.Special Features:
- Good eats and serviceDivineDined on 9/14/2014This place would definitely be good for special occasions or even if you want to just treat yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantLarrydermVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been dining here for years, and almost always it is a lovely experience. There is a variety of choices offered on the menu and with the specials. The food is well prepared, as are the cocktails. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- Cute and cozykmm16Dined on 9/13/2014I've walked past this restaurant so many times and have always thought it looked cute and cozy. Had dinner there for the first time on a Saturday night and inside it feels just as cute and cozy. Sat upstairs, it was very quiet. The people who worked there were very nice and friendly and seemed to be having a good time. The food was very good (I had the ravioli and my date had the ribeye) and we had a bread pudding for dessert which was delish. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- just okLuvnycDined on 9/12/2014Not what I thought! Service was poor, three different wait staff and seemed annoyed! It was restaurant week and was busy, but still..... we were out for a nice dinner with friends ad that was hard to do there.
- A neighborhood gem!dinoladyDined on 9/12/2014Super spot to meet with friends to talk (and actually hear each other!) including great down-home food and attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Everything was great, butNewsyrobVIPDined on 9/11/2014The blue cheese salad was light and delicious, the salmon perfectly prepared, and the coconut cream pie was just as I remembered it--outstanding. FriSatSun's desserts are all fabulous. However, the roasted broccoli florets that accompanied the salmon fillet were almost burnt and tasted brackish. Also there were too few of them.Special Features:
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday2lovebirdsDined on 9/7/2014This is a charming spot, I think it's romantic. The food is consistently good and so is the service. It was the first nite of Restaurant Week and the selections on the menu were very nice. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves and the food very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I had never heard of this restaurant. My girlfriend said she loved the place but we had never visited together. I took her there for our four year anniversary. I loved the food. The chicken liver pate I had as an app was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time hit or miss.DbfreiDined on 8/9/2014I've come here too often to count over the 40 years it has been open. First time I can't give it 5 stars. I am sure it was an aberration. First the excellent. The crab cakes are uniformly the beast in the city for my money. The mushroom soup is a classic. Another one of us loved the pork dish. The deserts as usual were superb. The service was great. It was not too noisy. The not excellent: while my ribeye was perfectly seasoned with a great sauce, the meat was gristly. A salad special was too peppery. I will certainly return again and again.Special Features:
- Romantic experience and delicious!1disappointedValentineVIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Friday Saturday Sunday so much. This is such a romantic restaurant and so relaxing. It is beautifully decorated. The Tilapia we had for dinner was the best we've ever tasted. Just a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014Just terrific! The seafood was fresh and wonderfully prepared. The steak was delicious. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. Everyone involved seemed to sincerely care that we enjoyed the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandn1SurpriseDined on 7/26/2014The tables were too small for four people. Some of the staff were curt and less than welcoming. The food was served so quickly it was like fast food. We inquired about the crab cakes and were told they were lump crab, and they definitely were not. I would not reccommend this restaurant to anyone since there are so many more to choose for in the city.
- Great once again!BestoftimesDined on 7/25/2014We started going to this amazing place about 15 years ago while living in Philly. We now live in upstate NY and returned again with our 6 year old daughter for a trip to Philly. There were a few things that have sadly left the menu, but some new amazing things have been added. We had a great time and the food and drinks were amazing! Keep up the great work to all at FRI SAT SUN! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurantCrosstrekDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed a meal here many years ago prior to seeing a show in Philadelphia. Don't know why we waited so long to return. The staff was friendly and very courteous just as I remembered. The food was exceptional. I tried the tenderloin of lamb and it was prepared perfectly. My wife really enjoyed the grilled salmon. If you want the feel of a neighborhood restaurant in the heart of Philadelphia, This is the place to go. We will not wait very long to return.Special Features:
- thank youtimRDined on 7/23/2014I work for the navy and misses my wife's birthday for the past two years. Ive heard about Friday Saturday Sunday from friends that used to live in the city. I made reservations and quickly explained that it was a special evening for me and my wife. We were greeted by friendly and caring wait staff and placed in a romantic seat. The service was one of a kind only matched by the food. It was a perfect time and they have made long time customers out of me and my wife. Thank you so much to the front of the house and back of the house over there. You have a perfect restaurant and we can wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous againWillDined on 7/23/2014I seldom eat dinner in Center City Philadelphia (I live in the suburbs) - and have returned to FSS four times in the past year. There are excellent reasons why it has been around for 40 years. The only reason I did not check off more boxes for recommending it is because most of the categories do not apply to the restaurant ("scenic views") or I have not been there at the times applicable ("great for lunch"). The best waiter recommendations ever, including making an entree recommendation based upon whether you had an appetizer and if so what. I know I will be going back and I know I will be impressed once again.Special Features:
- Great Specials!PeacefulinNJDined on 7/19/2014We love the regular menu too but there is always at least one special that is exotic and different. And DELICIOUS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.