Friday Saturday Sunday
261 South 21st Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Friday Saturday Sunday
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://frisatsun.com/
- Phone: 2155464232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Reese Skulteti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Limited availability. Upstairs seating up to 30 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Promutico 2155464232
- Special Events: Special Dinner Events throughout the year. See frisatsun.com for details.
A word from Friday Saturday Sunday
"Best tiny romantic restaurant" - Philadelphia Magazine “It’s a Rittenhouse Square classic. With its romantic dining room and cool upstairs tank bar, it’s one of the most vibrant spots with a finely rendered menu. Great wine list and only a $10 markup on each bottle.” –Craig LaBan, Philadelphia InquirerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Friday Saturday Sunday - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Friday Saturday Sunday reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)romantic (70)fit for foodies (54)special occasion (42)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I had never heard of this restaurant. My girlfriend said she loved the place but we had never visited together. I took her there for our four year anniversary. I loved the food. The chicken liver pate I had as an app was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time hit or miss.DbfreiDined on 8/9/2014I've come here too often to count over the 40 years it has been open. First time I can't give it 5 stars. I am sure it was an aberration. First the excellent. The crab cakes are uniformly the beast in the city for my money. The mushroom soup is a classic. Another one of us loved the pork dish. The deserts as usual were superb. The service was great. It was not too noisy. The not excellent: while my ribeye was perfectly seasoned with a great sauce, the meat was gristly. A salad special was too peppery. I will certainly return again and again.Special Features:
- Romantic experience and delicious!1disappointedValentineVIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Friday Saturday Sunday so much. This is such a romantic restaurant and so relaxing. It is beautifully decorated. The Tilapia we had for dinner was the best we've ever tasted. Just a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014Just terrific! The seafood was fresh and wonderfully prepared. The steak was delicious. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. Everyone involved seemed to sincerely care that we enjoyed the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandn1SurpriseDined on 7/26/2014The tables were too small for four people. Some of the staff were curt and less than welcoming. The food was served so quickly it was like fast food. We inquired about the crab cakes and were told they were lump crab, and they definitely were not. I would not reccommend this restaurant to anyone since there are so many more to choose for in the city.
- Great once again!BestoftimesDined on 7/25/2014We started going to this amazing place about 15 years ago while living in Philly. We now live in upstate NY and returned again with our 6 year old daughter for a trip to Philly. There were a few things that have sadly left the menu, but some new amazing things have been added. We had a great time and the food and drinks were amazing! Keep up the great work to all at FRI SAT SUN! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurantCrosstrekDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed a meal here many years ago prior to seeing a show in Philadelphia. Don't know why we waited so long to return. The staff was friendly and very courteous just as I remembered. The food was exceptional. I tried the tenderloin of lamb and it was prepared perfectly. My wife really enjoyed the grilled salmon. If you want the feel of a neighborhood restaurant in the heart of Philadelphia, This is the place to go. We will not wait very long to return.Special Features:
- thank youtimRDined on 7/23/2014I work for the navy and misses my wife's birthday for the past two years. Ive heard about Friday Saturday Sunday from friends that used to live in the city. I made reservations and quickly explained that it was a special evening for me and my wife. We were greeted by friendly and caring wait staff and placed in a romantic seat. The service was one of a kind only matched by the food. It was a perfect time and they have made long time customers out of me and my wife. Thank you so much to the front of the house and back of the house over there. You have a perfect restaurant and we can wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous againWillDined on 7/23/2014I seldom eat dinner in Center City Philadelphia (I live in the suburbs) - and have returned to FSS four times in the past year. There are excellent reasons why it has been around for 40 years. The only reason I did not check off more boxes for recommending it is because most of the categories do not apply to the restaurant ("scenic views") or I have not been there at the times applicable ("great for lunch"). The best waiter recommendations ever, including making an entree recommendation based upon whether you had an appetizer and if so what. I know I will be going back and I know I will be impressed once again.Special Features:
- Great Specials!PeacefulinNJDined on 7/19/2014We love the regular menu too but there is always at least one special that is exotic and different. And DELICIOUS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014We had a delicious meal. The service was warm and friendly. We hadn't been to this restaurant in years, but we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TGI FSSSipandSupDined on 7/17/2014Friday, Saturday Sunday defines neighborhood gem. Pretty spot in a great neighborhood. Friendly, non-rushed service. Very good food and a considerate priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good one!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/14/2014Always a great meal- We've been going there since it opened.Special Features:
- Never a bad timeJW09Dined on 7/13/2014Friday Saturday Sunday is always a hit. I have never had a bad experience there.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsKatieBDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful for a special occasion or a fun date night. I always love the chicken dijon and my fiance greatly enjoyed the filet. The service was awesome and the price was pretty decent for the food. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed review!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Too dark, dated decor, but dinner was excellent. Really don't think anyone should wear cargo shorts, especially a waiter.Special Features:
- Slightly off...OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/10/2014Has been a while since we had dined at the restaurant, the usual staff we were accustomed to seeing were not there on this evening. We've always loved the consistency in food and service and it was a bit off on this visit. The ambiance took a hit because we had 4 annoying people sitting next to us who gave the staff a very hard time, sending food back, they detracted most from what would have been a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Civilized dining for adultsFresserVIPDined on 7/8/2014It is always a great pleasure to enjoy the attentive service, refined atmosphere, and reliably good food. No molecular gastronomy here, but solid, tasty favorites well prepared in an environment suitable for conversation.Special Features:
- Waiter, waiter?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2014I found the service at this restaurant to be offensive. One of the adult male servers was so rude when seating us, taking our order, and serving us. Honestly, it ruined the ambiance of the restaurant and dinner for our whole party and made for an incredibly awkward situation. I will not be returning and would never recommend others to eat here.Special Features:
- Delicious additions to menuCar2shVIPDined on 7/6/2014Tweaks to the summer menu have brought tasty additions including a fruit soup and a salad of beans and mixed seafood. Lump crabmeat cakes are from the most delicious recipe. An excellent choice year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamHoustonVIPDined on 7/5/2014Best neighborhood spot in central Philly. Always check the specials and weaver's wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningErinDined on 7/4/2014We ordered their mussels as an appetizer, which was EXCELLENT (and this coming from a person who typically doesn't really prefer mussels, but the broth and seasoning was truly terrific). We also enjoyed our entrees and the services was excellent...friendly, helpful with suggestions, and very warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Bad waitresssp3cialVIPDined on 7/4/2014We dined here for the first time July 4. My husband had been feeling ill but came with me so I could enjoy my dinner. He ordered a salad so to not sit there idol, I ordered a meal, and we both ordered a cocktail. The waitress looked at him, asked "that's all your having?" and then walked over to another man there and clearly stated, " doesn't he know you can't just order a salad at dinner time." How rude!! What a shame that left a bad taste in our thoughts about this establishment. She needs some retraining on her people skills. My swordfish was excellent. Maybe she needs a vacation.
- Another GemdabradVIPDined on 7/1/2014The place may be small , but they serve up some great food.
- Outstanding - Top notch food!foodmamaDined on 6/28/2014Happy to give this place an outstanding review. This is one of those places that I had forgotten about because we try new restaurants when they open and tend to forget about the older places. This place is still fantastic and I am thrilled that the quality of the food has stayed the same. The ingredients are all fresh and the creations are fantastic.Nothing is overly salty, nothing overly sauced. This is a big plus for us as we experience many new chic restaurants around the city and feel we leave dying of thirst from salt. The fig and arugula salad & mixed strawberry greens salad both excellent The spinach and feta ravioli -melt in your mouth perfect. The filet mignon better than capital grill. Best Cosmo anywhere in the city! Fresh made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findJonnyDined on 6/28/2014didn't know where to eat in Philly and a friend recommended this restaurant. Service was great and the food was very good as well. Definitely would go here againSpecial Features:
- great food but I left hungryKrisDined on 6/28/2014great food, mussels were plenty but I got the ravioli for my entree and was still hungry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014The evening was very pleasant; the food was very good, service was good. The bench seating upstairs was extremely uncomfortable- it felt like it required pillows because my back was up against wood that hit at all the wrong places. If I go again I will be sure to sit downstairs on in a regular chair.Special Features:
- Outstanding EveningLarrydermVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have been dining at Friday, Saturday Sunday for more years than we can remembers. This was the best evening, by far. The salads were excellent. The salmon was cooked to each of our likes. The coconut cream cake was worth the calories.Special Features:
- Always goodredramVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have been visiting this restaurant for years and it has always been consistently good. The food is excellent and the wine selections are superb. It is a neighborhood gem that keeps getting better and better. Beware that it is a very small place and that one of the rooms is located on the second floor and the steps are quite steep. Service has always been good too.Special Features:
- Always enjoyablegeohDined on 6/15/2014For years, this has been my go to restaurant in the City. I love taking friends, who have never dined here and they are always pleased and thankful to me for sharing a restaurant gem.Special Features:
- practically perfect in every wayStyleMakerAnneDined on 6/13/2014A terrific meal at a reasonable price. The upstairs tented ceiling rooms surrounded by mirrors and twinkling lights set an exotic mood. My husband and I both found our entrees delicious. It was the perfect start to our weekend in Philly.Special Features:
- shedinesVIPDined on 6/7/2014No wonder they've been in business 40 years! This place is charming, the service attentive and the food is consistently delicious. No pretention, no hype--just good food at fair prices in a great atmosphere. What more could you desire?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceReno2277VIPDined on 6/1/2014We absolutely love this place. The food is amazing & the drinks are just as awesome. I had the beef & blue cheese ravioli and my husband had the lamb chops. We both ate everything. The food really is the best there is.Special Features:
- An olde standbyoutandaboutVIPDined on 5/31/2014We went on "Saturday night and I had the swordfish steak reluctantly because it can be dry but on the servers advice I tried it and found it to be exceptional.Special Features:
- JeffJeffVIPDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have been patrons for over 35 years, it's always a special place for us to go and have a romantic meal, a great place to hang out and decompress. We highly recommend the mushroom soup, I like to judge restaurants by what I call my comfort foods and the soup is high on my list.Special Features:
- Won't be returningPhillyjoeDined on 5/31/2014We were out to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We had dinner at Del Frisco's. The intent was to have drinks, dessert, and coffee here. We put that in the notes section when we booked. They left a voicemail, telling us they could not seat us that downstairs is for dinner only. That was also our greeting at the door. Our intent was to stay for a while, have some drinks, and see if it was a place where we would want to come back for dinner. While the bartender was very nice to us. The owner made us feel unwelcomed. The desserts were good, but we will not be returning
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is a great neighborhood gem. We have been going here for over 25 years and we still Love it as much as the first time. The service is amazing...Special Features:
- A great staple in the neighborhoodHappyFoodieDined on 5/30/2014We went here for my boyfriend's birthday. I made a note in the reservation and when we arrived, the maître d' acknowledged his birthday. There was also a candle in the dessert. He enjoyed this surprise. The food was wonderful. I do wish we had ordered an appetizer as we were not quite full. The portions could be a little larger, but excellent for health-conscious individuals trying not to over eat. Overall, it is a wonderful place for a nice date and priced well. (About $100 after tax and tip for two)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!!!!!!!!!!manger123VIPDined on 5/27/2014I have been eating here almost since FSS opened 40 years ago--I used to live next door. It has remained one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia. Fashions and fads and their accompanying restaurants come and go. FSS stays. It is not a dress up place. It is what used to be called "funky" in some ways. The food is always excellent--good value for the money. The staff are wonderful. I never tire of eating here, and it is my destination of choice when I have out of town visitors or when there is something special to celebrate.Special Features: