Frida Restaurant Americana - Glendale
750 Americana Way
Glendale, CA 91210Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Frida Restaurant Americana - Glendale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fridaamericana.com/
- Phone: (818) 551-1666
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am to 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 11:00am to 11:00pm, Sunday 10:30am to 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Joan Raigosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: If you can't come to Frida, let Frida come to you!
Off-premises catering is available for parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Facilities: Frida Restaurant is the perfect dining venue to host your next large event.
- Private Party Contact: David Handelman 8185511666x
- Entertainment: Enjoy Mariachi music on Sunday for Sunday Brunch.
- Special Events: Celebrate all your special occasions -graduations, wedding events, anniversaries, baby showers, birthdays and more - with us! Frida Restaurant is the perfect solution for all your festivities.
A word from Frida Restaurant Americana - Glendale
Frida Restaurant offers traditional authentic Mexican Cuisine. Located at the Americana at Brand Center. Whether inside surrounded by a colorful mural or at the patio overlooking the trolly passing by, Frida Restaurant and Bar is an excellent place for enjoyment of the flavors in Mexican Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Frida Restaurant Americana - Glendale - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
Frida Restaurant Americana - Glendale reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- BDAY CELEBRATIONddinerDined on 9/26/2014We went here to celebrate for a special occasion. Food was good so were drinks, service was a little slow. We enjoyed the margarita pitcher for 5 of us and the salsa was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Mexican FoodmunchingmamaDined on 8/25/2014We were a little surprised by the prices, but the food was pretty darn good!Special Features:
- The following 190 reviews are from the Frida Restaurant Americana - Glendale reviews archive.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014The ambiance was good. The outdoor taco and sole was really good. There were plentySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazing, room temp hotPoohkpDined on 7/7/2014While all of the food and drinks were wonderful, it was difficult to completely enjoy the experience due to the room temperature. It was a hot day and it was uncomfortable inside the restaurant. The service was great and we enjoyed all of our lunch choices.Special Features:
- Cool place in GlendaleSteakloverVIPDined on 5/23/2014Its hard to find a good spot for lunch in Glendale. There are only a few and Frida is one of them. Great outdoor seating area with views of Americana and Brand Blvd. to people watch. Drinks are good. The food depending on what you order will be good to just ok. I tend to stay away from the real traditional Mexican dishes. Have to recommend the Arrachera Norteña.Special Features:
- Always a good mealnjlampkeDined on 5/7/2014Been here for special occasions, casual dinners, and even bar food. They have it all. Kind of pricy for Mexican food, but not over the top. I hear the Mole sampler is the way to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014We got greeted and seated as soon as we got to the hostess because we had reservations. But our waiter was no where to be found had to ask him multiple times for everything we needed (ex. Water, napkins, our order) the only reason we got the items we were looking for was because we asked other employees we ordered an appetizer and drink that he never brought to our table. Overall I was very unstaified with the service & the food was okay, but I don't think I'll be returning.
- Vegetarian CheersJJJJVIPDined on 4/27/2014We dine here often, and I am constantly checking to see if what I order is vegetarian. I was delighted to see a new vegetarian menu! Unfortunately, the chef apparently didn't read it, and my entree was not what was written on the menu. Changes were made, and all was good, but inconvenient. I would like to see more of their enchiladas on this menu - made with sauces that do not use meat, chicken, or fish stock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodKarinaHDined on 4/23/2014Dined alone on Wednesday night. Noted on my open table reservation that I was dining alone, while waiting for my daughter. Waitress came by to table next to me 3x before ever turning around and asking anything. She finally acknowledged me, and I let her know that I was dining alone and ready to order. She took my order, and said she would be back with my drink and chips and salsa. 7-8 minutes for my water, and another 10 for my chips and salsa. Not sure if I was ignored because of where I was seated (last left table against wall) or because I was alone. Food was good, i ordered the Grilled Fish 3 chile, but it was soaked in that red chile sauce. Still good, lots of rice and beans plus plantains.Special Features:
- Holy Mole! Frida is a work of art.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014Was going to the Alex Theatre, driving up from Orange County, and was looking for a nearby restaurant. I can't believe how lucky I was to find and get a reservation at Frida's. Our server was very helpful and attentive. We ordered the Mole Poblano and the Rib Eye Tacos along with Fried Plantains. I can't recommend these high enough. Fantastic. Taste, temperature and portion size more than satisfying. I only wish there was a Frida closer to where I live. Looks like I'll be finding more things to do in Glendale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy yet still authenticZandraDined on 2/10/2014I loved this place because it is difficult to find good authentic Mexican food at an upscale restaurant. Flavors were amazing, drinks were great. My only disappointment was that they didn't sing happy birthday to me lol :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come here to be underwhelmed!sofakingkirkDined on 1/31/2014I'm usually pretty impressed at most Mexican eateries when ordering Carnitas. But, not here. They choose a unique method of boiling the carnitas and making it as flavorless as possible. The quantity was a lot more than I could even consume. The rest of our party was not impressed either. In fact, not one person (of our 6) ever mentioned anything they actually enjoyed consuming here. Atmosphere was great. Service was adequate. But restaurants are for eating. Don't waste your time.
- Enjoyable food and great atmosphereCMSIIngDined on 1/17/2014The food, drinks and atmosphere was great for a group luncheon. The Black Cherry Mojito not only sounded good, but was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itsmlopezVIPDined on 1/11/2014All 4 of us, really waked away very impressed and satisfied. Each of us loved our meals, the sangria was good and the tres leches was really tasty as well. All in all - it was a great dinner, in a well designed restaurant space. Will for sure go back again.Special Features:
- Better Luck First TimetomandkimDined on 1/4/2014First time I ate at Frida's was very good. Stopped in for lunch with my wife about 6 months ago and had the Enchiladas Suizas. Loved it. This time around I ordered what my waiter said people drove from San Diego all the way up to Glendale just to eat at their restaurant...the Mole Poblano. No bueno. This famous or shall I say infamous to my taste buds 'sauce' smelled like my great danes dog food that I buy at Costco. If I were to eat my dogs food, this mole sauce is what I think it would taste like. Not sure what the hype is all about with that, but never again for me. I'll stick with the Enchildas...oh and that Marzipan Martini was pretty awesome too. Best part of dinner was the scenic view of my beautiful wife across from me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013We had a great time, the service is excellent the atmosphere excellent. The food came out cold and is nothing to brag about. The mole was excellent but my plate was cold, chicken overcooked and dry. A few plates was sent back because of coldness and my wife prk plate had very little flavor and was sent back twice to heat it up, They provided dessert which was very good. Drinks were good but food was below average.Special Features:
- Location and interior designLAMexDined on 12/4/2013Location and interior design are good however, the food was average and a bit on the expensive side. Nothing really special + when it was served it was cold which is NOT good with Mexican food entrees.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePatrickDined on 11/21/2013Got the Fajitas (Chicken, Steak & Shrimp) and they were great! Everything was cooked perfectly! Very clean place. Server was great! The pitcher of Cadillac Margarita's were very good. Great environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican Food at a Costgcf12Dined on 11/17/2013Everything was just good. I didnt like that we couldnt order off the menu it was buffet ONLY for Sunday brunch. Its a very kid friendly place but families were leaving their strollers in the front lobby like it was Disneyland but less organized! The restaurant should designate an are outside.Special Features:
- Great food, despite horrible waiterRonnieAidanDined on 11/10/2013First time visit, excellant authentic Mexican food. Sangria one of the best I've ever had, affordable and kid friendly yet can be romatic with outdoor dinning. Vibrant restaurant. I will return to try other selections.Special Features:
- Lunch with FriendsRatedRSuperstarDined on 11/8/2013Excellent location for all occasions. A great place to meet friends for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair at bestBonnieVIPDined on 10/29/2013no amount of salt could make the guacamole tasty and everything else was about the same. The only thing we liked was the red sauce they served with the chips.
- Food was OkChicagoanDined on 10/18/2013Nothing special. The fish was ok at best. They have a fish special but really, it's just tilapia. The guacamole that they make table side is good though.Special Features:
- Great experience.foodisgoodVIPDined on 10/12/2013Food was very good, outdoor seating was great and the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!aaresDined on 9/13/2013Great ambiance, friendly service and most importantly great food! Definitely a place worth coming back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BFF LuncheonPopstarmomDined on 9/5/2013Four of us ladies who've been best friends for 50+ yrs got together for our yearly birthday luncheon. Since I live in Glendale and love the Americana, I got to choose the restaurant. I chose Frida because it has good food, great ambience and a place where we can talk and not be rushed. We all loved our various dishes and the server was great and took a few bday pictures for us. My only disappointment was that there was no celebration dessert. I thought they might bring out a flan with a candle but they did not. I mentioned on the reservation that it was a bday for 4. He did ask if we wanted to order dessert which we declined. I would've given 5 stars if a flan with a candle had been brought to our table with a simple "happy birthday"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so..ErixDined on 7/18/2013It was not so great, not bad at all. Great outside dining area.Special Features:
- Great Mexican restaurantMddad259Dined on 7/17/2013We went here with a group of co-workers and clients - service was excellent and the food delicious. And the margaritas (although a bit pricey at $9) were very good as well. Definitely recommend if you're looking for delicious, reasonably priced Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were hoping for better7692FVIPDined on 7/2/2013Although our servers were friendly and pleasant, once we were served, he didn't check back on us. I ordered a chicken dish which had decent flavors, but the chicken was terribly tough, had an odd texture. The premium margarita, tasted like nothing special.Special Features:
- A special birthday lunch.PopstarmomDined on 6/18/2013We were celebrating a friend's birthday and wanted a place where the food was good but also gave us healthy, low cal options. We also wanted a place that was fun, low key and wouldn't rush us through our the meal. Frida definitely met all the requirements. Two of us had the mango with chicken salad with passion fruit dressing. Absolutely out of this world although they could've had riper mangos. The birthday girl ordered the 5 tasting tacos served in lettuce instead of tortillas. The last two had chicken tostadas. We requested a table outside but after 10 minutes, decided it was a bit too hot and asked to move inside. We were moved to a table that was half in and half out. It was a wonderful day and we will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:
- Good Food & Great ServiceBonnieVIPDined on 6/11/2013I'm not familiar with the area and was taking a business associate staying in the are to dinner. Food was very good and our server Philipe was excellent!Special Features:
- Above average Mexican FoodBlackerDined on 6/2/2013Went here with a party of 10 for a graduation dinner. It was busy and noisy. Food was decent, ambiance was decent. Service was OK. Everyone seemed a little rushed and frenzied. For Mexican food this is above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2013Sunday brunch buffet at Frida's is awesome. Food is great with lots of options. First time at Frida's and it won't be the last. Everything tasted great and very fresh. Made to order quesadilla and tacos was so good and cheesy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mexican place withYonirVIPDined on 3/1/2013Very good mexican place with a spanish flair. You will enjoy it.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre. PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013Food was mediocre. Patron margarita's were excellent but not worth the $15 per drink. Will most likely not return.
- Nice Mexican food, promptOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/16/2013Nice Mexican food, prompt service if you reserve in advance, reasonable prices, overall highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great place for date nightToniDined on 2/15/2013Great place for date night and the food was great!Special Features:
- I really like fridas. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013I really like fridas. They have really good food and service.Special Features:
- Everything was fine, exceptCDubDined on 1/19/2013Everything was fine, except we arrived 15 minutes early and the restaurant seated us immediately. Unfortunately, even when I told them we had reservations through Open Table, they cancelled our reservation. Fortunately for me, Open Table was quick and efficient in rectifying the situation. Thank you Open Table!Special Features:
- The welcome from the hostessmantegnaDined on 12/16/2012The welcome from the hostess staff was cursory and diffident which was odd given that the restaurant was not busy. The first thing they foisted on us was to seat us outside, saying that it would be warm. It wasn't. When we asked to sit inside, the response was something akin to 'take any of the tables available around the bar.' We proceeded to help ourselves to a table, Hmmm, why do they need hostesses? Fortunately, the table service was attentive and appreciated. One in our group liked the ability to have a lettuce wrap in place of a tortilla and we enjoyed the food presentation where the rice and beans were not spilling over like oil leaks onto the platter.Special Features: