10853 Lindbrook Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fridarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3102090666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Frida
FRIDA family specializes in serving authentic Mexican cuisine in a relaxed and sophisticated setting. Located in Beverly Hills and in the heart of L.A.’s Westwood Village, FRIDA caters to professionals, students and Mexican food fans of all ages. Menu items range from marinated Arrachera Norteña steaks to slow cooked taco plates and everything in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Frida - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Frida reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GOOD MOLETedCDined on 8/20/2014Whirl the menu has a broad choice of Mexican food, the recommended mole was disappointing because of the tough, dry chicken breast. The poblano sauces was very good but there was not enough to moisten the dry chicken breast. A quarter cut of chicken with some dark meat would have been preferred.Special Features:
- Far too noisylabradorDined on 8/12/2014This place is nothing special. The food here was quite good but nothing out of the ordinary, upon arrival we were given chips and a dip that were soon replenished as we waited for our main courses. The service was a bit chaotic with a server coming to the table then another appearing minutes later asking the same questions. The bar section was not overly busy but the music was playing at full pelt, it was quite distracting and not very relaxing. Hence once we had eaten we were ready to leave. A pity as if it had been turned down a little it would have made a much better experience all round and the restaurant would have made more money out of us.Special Features:
- Awful, Slow ServiceHappyGoLightlyDined on 8/8/2014Because of its convenience to our office we have overlooked their rude/deadly slow service and overpriced food and drinks ($17 Margarita; $15 Guacamole) for several years -- but after our experience last week we are throwing in our sombreros! Frida's complete mismanagement makes the entire experience grueling and frustrating. The food is decent but usually cold by the time you receive it. The only people doing their actual jobs are the busboys and bartenders but beware - the manager informed us that every table including outside and bar tables were reservation only. They will kick you out and make no apologies for doing it.
- Sooooo LOUD!!ConsistentVIPDined on 7/31/2014Don't know if it was because we had dinner there during happy hour, but the noise level was deafening. It wasn't helped by the drunk girl at the bar but diners beware--If you want to have a conversation this is not the place for you. This situation could be helped by some acoustic work, but that's another review. Food was OK. Have been to happy hour myself and the food seemed much better. Menu was simply OK. This restaurant does not come close to the Frida in Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Overall left very happyFrankie22Dined on 7/29/2014Was our anniversary and decided to come here. Got there at around 6 seemed pretty steady and with time looked like it picked up. Overall was extrelmely well food was good service was good ill be back for sure expecting to be wowed. Few more things left to reach that point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress sent homePenaltyBoxDined on 7/10/2014Frida was walking distance to our hotel so we gave it a try. We had a service issue- that should not have turned into the big issue it was. We ordered drinks and our meal with a pleasant young lady. Our wairesss was attentive but when main course arrived it was not correct. We ordered fajitas and should have realized something was wrong when she asked if we wanted potatoes or vegtable with our entry. We ordered by pointing at the entry on the menu and evidently our waitress got the one below the fajitas. Ultimately this was corrected but our waitress never re-appeared until we saw her being sent home distressed. We had multiple servers finish our meal. Hopefully she wasn't fired over this. We felt terrible and spoke to mgmt. Food=goodSpecial Features:
- Good food & service!ns8ciblDined on 6/29/2014Good food & the service was excellent (especially from the bartender who was also helping to wait tables too...we thought he was the manager by how attentive and nice he was and after asking him if he was the manager by chance and him telling us he wasn't & was the bartender, we told him he SHOULD be the manager!). The margaritas are excellent and actually come in large margarita glasses unlike a lot of other restaurants these days that only serve them in small glasses. The only confusing part was that the name of the prior restaurant (Casa Azul) was still on the front of the restaurant and even on the receipt and I know it's been changed to Frida for a while now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Frida'sNewUCLAMomVIPDined on 6/7/2014We love both Frida's in the Americana in Glendale as well as the one in Westwood. We ate at the one in Westwood as a pre-finals week dinner with my daughter who attends UCLA. Our family always orders the Resplandor de Mango salad to share and my daughter and I split the rib eye tacos. This time, because told the waitress we were splitting the rib eye tacos and ordered extra side dishes of rice and beans, she did a split plates with two tacos each plus rice and beans. Perfect! My husband was not quite as pleased with his grilled fish with chile sauce. The noise level was annoying this visit because a family with twin girls sat near us and the girls were never admonished by their parents to use their "inside" voices!Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Frida reviews archive.
- Didn't meet our expectationsEaterzDined on 5/18/2014We were visiting and told by locals to try Frida's. We ordered the appy platter and unfortunately were very let down all while the server was rushing us the whole time. We stayed just for appies and continued dinner somewhere else.
- RonSDined on 4/26/2014The food and drinks were very good. Our only complaint was that there were a handful of very young children literally running and screaming around the restaurant, with parents who were oblivious to the disturbance...but the disappointing part was that even after we informed the waiter of our displeasure over the noise level, they never attempted to talk to the parents to try to calm things down...a very unpleasant environment for enjoying a relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiance, but...happycamper2Dined on 4/25/2014Great place for a group of four for dinner. A little too loud around peak cocktail hour but tapers off into dinner service hours. This was my second visit to Frida and they hit it out of the park this time. The service was outstanding and the food was prepared and served to perfection! The Chefs here do a fantastic job in particular with sauces and sides that differentiate from traditional mexican cuisine. Fun atmosphere, great food, excellent service, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and friendly serversCCMomVIPDined on 4/25/2014I've now been to Frida's in Westwood twice, once alone and once with a friend. Though most of the crowd was much younger, the young servers couldn't have been nicer to two senior women, with good suggestions and explanations of the dishes. And the food matched the friendliness -- the mango salad (with goat cheese, grapes, walnuts, etc.) was a favorite. The small chicken tostada and chicken tacos were delicious.Special Features:
- Brought a couple Casa AzulLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 5/22/2012Brought a couple Casa Azul newbies with me this time and they thoroughly enjoyed the food, ambiance and service. So did I.
- Good happy hour menu! AndOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Good happy hour menu! And nice decor. Just a little pricey.Special Features:
- The restaurant has great potential.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/5/2012The restaurant has great potential.... but they MUST get a new chef and bar service. The drinks were awful and the food was no better. Service was great, please do something, I beg.Special Features:
- A VERY busy Cinco de Mayo,JudgeJoeVIPDined on 5/5/2012A VERY busy Cinco de Mayo, so they can be excused for a bit of time delay with the food. The fish was fresh but a bit bland, the servers very friendly, the room electric with happy, younger crowd. Good to have them in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Azul is wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2012Absolutely loved our first experience at Azul Cantina in Westwood. We split an appetizer and a salad - both were outstanding. The atmosphere is calming with the interesting hand painted wall that runs the length of the restaurant. The wall is lit up to add drama and it has a very nice vibe with interesting colors and geometric squares of gold running across it. We came during a week night and the noise level was ok but might be loud on the weekends. The bar looks very fun and interesting. The front desk hostess or manager (not sure which) greeted us warmly. My only negative comment would be that the waiter was too insistent on helping us make our selections from the menu. I was a little uncomfortable with his insistence on helping therSpecial Features:
- Authentic Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/11/2012Bit on the noisy side but you get used to it. Great (also loud) Mexican music. Food, fantastic.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great menu-interNanaVIPDined on 4/10/2012Delicious food and great menu-interesting new items plus the old standards. The plantains were really good as was the halibut. Salad though was drenched in dressing and had to be redone with dressing on the side. Portions are huge and you could easily share one meal with another person. The service was only fair because the waiter talked too much, tried too hard. He was actually annoying and we couldn't wait for him to leave us alone. I am sure he was trying to be helpful but instead he was quite annoying. He needs to be trained better and become more professional. He is not our friend!Special Features:
- Brilliant Meal but Bad Music!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2012This was our second time to Casa Azul, and we brought three couples with us. The service and cuisine are truly outstanding. We loved server Chelsie! We were at Table 2, set apart from the main dining room, and we stayed for a lengthy time without any push to leave. The only criticism I can muster is the music. During our last visit, the music was wonderful -- Cole Porter, Gershwin and the like, as well as some traditional Mexican instrumentals. This time, it was LOUD and RUCKUS, which made it difficult to make conversation. We asked for a change in music style and volume, but their compliance lasted about 20 minutes before the distruptive music began again. For fine-dining, the music needs to be appetizing and soft enough for conversation.Special Features:
- My first visit. The food wasAandDDined on 3/16/2012My first visit. The food was quite tasty and will draw me back for another meal.Special Features:
- I had a larger group thisLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 3/14/2012I had a larger group this time and the service was great, the food was fantastic. I'm sure the people I brought will return as they all had a great time.
- Good but inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/29/2012Quite good. Second meal was better than first one with friends. The mole needs work, it was pretty bland and that's too bad because mole is sooooooo yummy!!! The green salsa is my favorite and I would make it at home if the chef would share the recipe (which they wouldn't :( ). Good restaurant, sad to see it empty....Special Features:
- Good, not yet greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/24/2012Spicy cocktails are a great trend and should sell well, but the ones here are too sweet to be authentically spicey. About mid-way through our meal, the music volume was cranked up to the point where we could barely here ourselves think, let alone hear each other talk. OpenTable calls that "energetic" - I label it "annoying" and "way too loud." The food was tasty enough and the service staff was attentive and knowledgeable.
- Food was great. Service wasLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 2/21/2012Food was great. Service was good, but sometimes intrusive. Overhead music was a bit loud at times. I'll definitely come back.
- Excellent Mexican Cuisine.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/21/2012Excellent Mexican Cuisine. Best Pozole, Tacos and sopes.Special Features:
- Frida & Diego would love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/11/2012Atmosphere is artistic, romantic, comfortable... with 3 different environments to enjoy -- dining room, bar and patio. Menu is fascinating combo of familiar and exotic. Everything was superb. Started with Casa Azul Margarita and the frozen mango Margarita along with Gambas al Ajillo (similar to scampi) and Aguchile de Camaron (shrimp spicy and lime-y). Entrees were Arrachera Nortena (skirt steak with chicken mole enchilada, rice, beans, guacamole - all of it brilliant) and beef Fajitas (equally perfect, with all the trimmings). Plenty of handmade corn tortillas. We were full-up half way through the meal but couldn't stop eating -- it was too delicious. So we took dessert home -- Pastel de Tres Leches (nice light cake). OMG - We'll be back!Special Features:
- We brought some new people/friendsLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 2/4/2012We brought some new people/friends out to dine this time and they absolutely agree with us that this place is fantastic.Special Features:
- Food and drinks were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2012Food and drinks were great. Authentic Mexican flavor. I had requested outside seating and they said they would do it. Upon our arrival they said they didn't have a table but the manager was able to accommodate our request. I'd definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Worthwhile checking outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2012Reasonably priced, quality entrees, and generous portions. Cadillac marguerita....terrific.Special Features:
- Just like MexicoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012I was recommended this place by a friend and she was right! The green salsa was delicious and tasted like it came straight from Cabo! Homemade tortillas and beans and rice that'll make you forget there are tacos on your plate too. Fish tacos were decent but I've heard they can be amazing so maybe an off day for the fish. Overall this is the place Westwood has been waiting for as before this opened good Mexican food was hard to find in these parts!Special Features:
- Another fantastic experience!LunchWFriendsVIPDined on 1/21/2012Another fantastic experience! Great, friendly service without being intrusive. Just what I wanted after a long trip away working.
- This place is fantastic. I'llLunchWFriendsVIPDined on 1/12/2012This place is fantastic. I'll be coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Food was great. Also offerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2012Food was great. Also offer two happy hours 3-7 and 9-11. Will come back and try these out. Bar very lively.Special Features:
- With the number of times ILunchWFriendsVIPDined on 1/5/2012With the number of times I have eaten here (in it's relatively short existence) you would think I was the owner. I wish I were as this is a great place to eat. The wait staff is friendly and attentive without being annoying. The menu has a good variety of selections without being overwhelming...and everything I have tried is delicious. Don't be shy about trying the chips and salsas - both chipotle and chile verde salsas are amazing (and not too spicy). I could actually fill up on those, alone, but try to leave room for everything else.Special Features:
- A Wonderful FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2011We have a ton of family in for the Holidays -- 25 people including 2 babies -- and I made the resrvation without actually having been to Casa Azul before. (Not all that many places can seat such huge parties.) They did an amazing job, and the food is very, very good -- made with incredibly fresh ingredients. Lovely service as well. Bravo!Special Features: