8 Fresno Place
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fresnorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6313248700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gretchen Menser
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fresno
Veteran restaurateurs David Loewenberg and Michael Nolan teamed up to open Fresno in the spring of 2004. The New American menu emphasizes simple yet sophisticated preparations of local fare. Located on the edge of the village of East Hampton, the space is an airy, sky lit room featuring a wall of French doors overlooking a landscaped patio with a fountain where one may enjoy outdoor dining under a pergola. In the dining room, there is a long upholstered banquette along the opposite wall and a sleek zinc bar on the back wall anchors the space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresno reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (19)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- so good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was so good! All the dishes everyone had were delicious. I look forward to going back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was good although my veal when served was way under done... I asked for medium and it was more black and blue.. They happily took it back and brought it out again properly cooked...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth it.TerribDined on 8/13/2014Three of us in the party and we all loved our meals. Appetizers of fried calamari, antipasto, and chipotle chickpea hummus were all a hit. Our entrees were a halibut special, hangar steak, and the spaghettini with crab were excellent. The service was very good, attentive in the right amount. On the cocktail side, the drinks were inconsistent in the taste, probable made by different bartenders. Although the halibut was very good, if it. Was a little more moist,it would be better. Overall,it is a restaurant to which we will return. Another plus is that they talk reservations more thanaweek ahead which helps one's planning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice and good fooderp2Dined on 8/13/2014The food is very good and they have some unusual items. I had poached halibut in olive oil which was excellent. 4 stars because 5 stars are reserved for my friend Louise's "chef -ing."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but livelyRestaurantmavenVIPDined on 8/7/2014If you want an intimate conversation, this is not the place to be. But it was bustling with a positive energy and the waitstaff were friendly and accommodating. The decor is simple but inviting. The food was good but nothing was a cut above average. Still, we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable EveningGW44VIPDined on 8/4/2014Fresno is always delivers a pleasurable evening. Great food, friendly service, and terrific specials on the menu. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restarant In Hamptons!JTJTDined on 8/2/2014Fresno is by far the best dining experience in East Hampton. The staff is wonderful, the chef is a genius and the ambiance makes you want to stay all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontingFoodies1nycVIPDined on 7/31/2014Have had many dinners there. Service was very friendly. Two of us had dinner. After a very long wait for our main course, the tile fish entree was served nearly raw. Sent it back, waited over 15 min, while the other entree sat on the table getting cold. Wasn't even that crowded.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent as well as the service, we sat at an outside table and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- broocVIPDined on 7/30/2014We dined in the garden, lovely setting, quiet, could actually talk to dinner companions! A big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmissaustralianballetDined on 7/27/2014What a find. We had such a nice dinner. Service impeccable and food divine. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor table in East HamptonMSchenklerDined on 7/27/2014The most spacious and comfortable outdoor dining area in East Hampton with a solid kitchen and a good prix fixe before 6:30.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!LindaDined on 7/23/2014We ate here last night, a Thursday. They had a Prix Fixe menu and the choices were very good. The tab was $50/person without drinks, inc tax and tip. Good food, nice atmosphere, and great waitstaff, even during the crazy summer!!! Go!Special Features:
- Reliably goodNortheasternerDined on 7/20/2014Fresno is a very nice restaurant with very good food. Prices are a little high, but that's normal for The Hamptons. If you live here and can avoid going out during the high season, you will enjoy it much more. The noise level inside was deafening and made conversation very difficult. Outside looked lovely and would have been quieter, but there was a large group occupying virtually the whole garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresno ReduxOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014We hadn't been to Fresno for a while and it's definitely much nicer than it was. The space has been nicely renovated, the outdoor area is lovely, and the food is a notch up. Everyone was very eager to be gracious and helpful. This isn't a top-of-the-line, fab for foodies place but it is a delightful way to spend a casual evening with friends and good food. We had salads to start, salmon and sausage for entrees, all fine. Personally I think the restaurant would benefit from a few higher end wine offerings but that's a minor quibble. Thanks.Special Features:
- A perfect summer eveningmegenVIPDined on 7/13/2014We have been to Fresno many times and each has been delightful. We were there with friends this past weekend and, once again, had a great evening: food, wine, service, ambience perfect for a relaxing get-together. Certainly will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Race LaneWstcstrfoodieDined on 7/11/2014Go to Race Lane instead; the upfront staff is so much more pleasant. The beastly shrew who sat us was short tempered when I mentioned my open table and phone pleas to be seated in main dining room--as if news to her. Waited 20 mins for seating, in cramped entry (happens EVERY time), then led to a cramped table for two ( we were three), patio's edge, a feast for bugs that chewed on us during dinner. As for my request, she snapped threat of unending wait to get to main dining room. After awhile, asked if any of their abundant lighting was bug repellant and waitress brought us smelly lotion for us to apply to ourselves- what a treat! The food is unremarkable; not worth the nastiness. Plenty other lovely places to enjoy your summer dining.
- Simply greatPrinceofbelairDined on 7/6/2014The outdoor seating is great, the food is excellent (had the Indian style white fish, awesome) and the service is hors-pair. The waitress was so nice with the kids !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southernfoodiesVIPDined on 6/25/2014We dined on the early side, so it was quiet. We shared the salad wedge- it was delicious. Two of us had the roast chicken which was excellent with the crisp accompanying green beans, and mashed potatoes, infused with garlic. One in our party had the pork chop with a nice sauce, that was just sweet enough. The service was efficient and our waiter, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and pleasantGW44VIPDined on 6/23/2014Very good food, and a super friendly staff made our evening a pleasure. World Cup Fever was running high! The outdoor patio is more of an indoor experience with its plastic walls and roof closing it off from the garden dining experience of the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableSusieVIPDined on 6/22/2014We have dined here many times over the last 5 years or so and everything has actually improved over the years which is not the case for many Hamptons places.
- Always great !IleneDined on 6/20/2014Fresno is our go to place for pre theater. The food and service never disappoint. The ambiance is perfect for chatting with friends. These people know how to provide an overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just eat heredjjayVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great place. Very good food. This is a place where the vibe manages to be casual and well dressed at the same time, so you can be too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Village Hot spot!fortlauderdalefoodyVIPDined on 6/11/2014We love this place! The food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful and the staff are outstanding - Erin is friendly, warm and witty. Diego is great at the bar! and Javier is great too! We will definitely frequent this place a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresno restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Excellent food, very friendly and attentive service. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderratedPeterVIPDined on 5/31/2014What isn't right at Fresno? The staff is friendly, acknowledges you. The food is really excellent, consistent, fresh. The wine list has good options. The bar scene is ALWAYS active and tells you that this is a crowd that comes back. Last night we had the fresh catch (striped bass), pasta, the Veal chop special and my favorite the pork chop with spicy dressing. Octopus appetizer, beet salad, a fresh pea soup all are great and we return month after month and year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MSchenklerDined on 5/31/2014A great place for outdoor seating -- roomy, pleasant and good food.
- A gem in East Hampton VillagefortlauderdalefoodyVIPDined on 5/29/2014We love this great neighborhood restaurant. It has a wonderful, warm atmosphere, great food and very pleasant staff. The bar scene is fun and welcoming. It is right in the heart of the village so convenient to everything. Really a great place for a night out!Special Features:
- Dining is a pleasurefeedme2Dined on 5/10/2014Always a vibrant atmosphere, friendly smiles, a stiff cocktail, delicious food and a changing palette from the chef that excites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service poor.GW44VIPDined on 5/9/2014Fresno delivered a fine meal for our party of four. One member of the party is medically unable to eat starch and the waiter boldly stated that no subs would be considered. We had to delete the starch option and add a vegetable as an additional charge side order. This was a first at a fine restaurant in East Hampton/Manhattan. The petty policy was unexpected in a non diner like setting. A party of four, ordering drinks, and multiple courses should be considered a fine time to bend policy and help those with medical dietary issues meet their needs. Making them stand out in the party is never a class act. Management should consider the direction they appear to taking the restaurant when petty policy becomes the standard.Special Features:
- Early dinersHD16Dined on 5/9/2014For Friday evening dining it's best to get to Fresno by six thirty. Not only to be able to enjoy the pres fix dinner but to be finished by the time the younger folks arrive that inevitably fill the restaurant, including the bar, and make it quite difficult to carry on a conversation at tables for six or more patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 197 reviews are from the Fresno reviews archive.
- One Hit One missSagHarborAliceVIPDined on 4/20/2014The organic baby greens, pear and Manchego cheese were excellent. My friend had the pork chop which was very good. I unfortunately ordered the tilefish.. not my favorite dish as it turns out. I didn't send it back...just would never order it again - it was like a big stew with a slab of tile fish on top....somewhat Indian, but not enough so and the fish tasted a bit fishy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timebarrd23Dined on 3/30/2014It was my first time going to this restaurant and i really enjoyed it. The food and the people were really good :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014I love Fresno! Great service, we couldn't decide which red (wine) we wanted so our server brought us over a small tasting of the two to help us out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresno Rocks!GW44VIPDined on 3/26/2014Fresno's participation in Hampton's Restaurant week was a very special treat. Fresno included it's full menu in the HRW promotion with reasonable add on fees on some dishes. The food was terrific and the service was very good. The restaurant was busy and very well managed.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal!DeliciousVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I had the most memorable meal at Fresno. We were greeted by friendly faces and were seated immediately . The service was outstanding and the food was fabulous !!! I had a Scottish salmon like no other ..and my husband's swordfish was prepared perfectly with a delightful sauce. We will return...our new favorite in the Hamptons!!!!Special Features:
- TerrificGW44VIPDined on 2/28/2014The food is better than ever before. The service is good, the mood is festive. The best outdoor patio in East Hampton is no longer true as it has been covered. The light and views of the magnificent tree branches above the tables are no more. A clear patio cover or a removable roof should be considered to regain the outdoor dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent !!ClaudiaDined on 2/16/2014The flavors in every dish are absolutely phenomenal . This is my go to spot for quality and value. The chef, Gretchen, is a true food genius !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What we love about this restaurantTuckerDined on 2/16/2014What we love about this restaurant is that the menu changes with the seasons. The vegetables accompanying the dish are always those that are in season so that they are fresh. In addition, we frequent the restaurant to try different dishes and we are never disappointed. The staff is friendly and attentive. In warmer weather, we delight in sitting outside on the veranda and dine al fresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresno is Fabulous!oxfordoarsmanDined on 1/25/2014What is normally a favorite in summer becomes a hot spot on Saturday nights in the winter. The dishes are amazingly flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.