8 Fresno Place
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fresnorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 324-8700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gretchen Menser
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fresno
Veteran restaurateurs David Loewenberg and Michael Nolan teamed up to open Fresno in the spring of 2004. The New American menu emphasizes simple yet sophisticated preparations of local fare. Located on the edge of the village of East Hampton, the space is an airy, sky lit room featuring a wall of French doors overlooking a landscaped patio with a fountain where one may enjoy outdoor dining under a pergola. In the dining room, there is a long upholstered banquette along the opposite wall and a sleek zinc bar on the back wall anchors the space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresno reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (14)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice to get back hereMelsaysVIPDined on 11/9/2014We hadn't been out to Fresno all season. The food here was as good as we remembered it. The butternut squash soup of the day was particularly excellent -- a hint of cinnamon and truffled honey, garnished with roasted sage. Made me wonder why they use such shallow soup plates. The steak was perfect as was the hamburger. We had asked that they do not drown it with cheese -- and they didn't. Our server told us Fresno grounds its own hamburgers and makes the patties in-house themselves. We believe it. It had little grease or fat and tasted better than most. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Not like the last timeChrisie66VIPDined on 11/8/2014We were at Fresno before and enjoyed the food and thought we would bring our guests this time. We waited over 20 mins for a reserved table and we ordered a simple sea breeze to enjoy whole waiting. It was not anything like we expected. Not much flavor at all. Dinner was disappointing as well. Perhaps an off night?Special Features:
- Good valueMontaukDined on 10/24/2014Early bird special is worth it but the tables are so close together that you hear their entire conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!JAFoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014Had the whole Sea bass - so fresh and delicious! Raves for the pasta and clams too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagpieDined on 10/5/2014The food and service were remarkably good. I have eaten there before and the chef always does a fabulous job. I would recommend this restaurant to all the foodies I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden jemMAC1VIPDined on 9/24/2014We were pleasantly surprised...very nice inside, great menu and food. Service was outstanding. We would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Excellent interesting menu, great drinks, seasonal trearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service1770ExcellsVIPDined on 9/14/2014Menu is outstanding and creative. Service from friendliest staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Overheard"DebbieDined on 9/14/2014from our out-of-town guest..."do you think this is too far to drive"? He wishes he had a "local" as wonderful/delicious/atmospheric as Fresno. AND, all in an unpretentious setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and settingKennethDined on 9/11/2014We sat outside under the awning and it was a wonderful tranquil and romantic setting - tables spaced well apart. Service was quite attentive but not intrusive, and the food was excellent - every course had a nice surprise for the palate and the waiter was very helpful in making suggestions. You get what you pay for, and it is rather expensive as you might expect in East Hampton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavvyVIPDined on 9/11/2014We visit Fresno whenever we are in the area, and it hasn't disappointed us yet. We dined with friends this time and everyone enjoyed their meal. Personally, I'd like the a la carte dinner items to be a little less expensive since we have dietary restrictions and can't always order from the prixe fix menu. This affects our decision if we stay in the area longer in terms of how often we eat dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDebbieDined on 9/10/2014Gretchen and her kitchen staff can ALWAYS be counted on to prepare delicious food. Great staff makes it a pleasure!Special Features:
- Highly recommendedGingerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Salmon delicious. Noise level most tolerable. Highly recommended to those who like good food and good conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just a bad night!MomdineVIPDined on 9/1/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in the Hamptons. My husband and I went for an early dinner on Monday night to mark the end of the summer. Everything we ate was awful. Nothing tasted fresh. I really think the staff and the kitchen must've been exhausted and it was time for the summer to be over!! It was just so disappointingSpecial Features:
- Fresh and DivineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was our favorite meal of the long weekend. Fresno specializes in using fresh, local ingredients, including fresh catches of the day that are really fresh (as in from down the road in Montauk), fresh local corn, fresh heirloom tomatoes, and other wonderful seasonal delights. The service was fantastic, knowledgable and pleasant, without any rush. The ambiance was also charming. Overall, a great meal!Special Features:
- so good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was so good! All the dishes everyone had were delicious. I look forward to going back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was good although my veal when served was way under done... I asked for medium and it was more black and blue.. They happily took it back and brought it out again properly cooked...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth it.TerribDined on 8/13/2014Three of us in the party and we all loved our meals. Appetizers of fried calamari, antipasto, and chipotle chickpea hummus were all a hit. Our entrees were a halibut special, hangar steak, and the spaghettini with crab were excellent. The service was very good, attentive in the right amount. On the cocktail side, the drinks were inconsistent in the taste, probable made by different bartenders. Although the halibut was very good, if it. Was a little more moist,it would be better. Overall,it is a restaurant to which we will return. Another plus is that they talk reservations more thanaweek ahead which helps one's planning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice and good fooderp2Dined on 8/13/2014The food is very good and they have some unusual items. I had poached halibut in olive oil which was excellent. 4 stars because 5 stars are reserved for my friend Louise's "chef -ing."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but livelyRestaurantmavenVIPDined on 8/7/2014If you want an intimate conversation, this is not the place to be. But it was bustling with a positive energy and the waitstaff were friendly and accommodating. The decor is simple but inviting. The food was good but nothing was a cut above average. Still, we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable EveningGW44VIPDined on 8/4/2014Fresno is always delivers a pleasurable evening. Great food, friendly service, and terrific specials on the menu. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restarant In Hamptons!JTJTDined on 8/2/2014Fresno is by far the best dining experience in East Hampton. The staff is wonderful, the chef is a genius and the ambiance makes you want to stay all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontingFoodies1nycVIPDined on 7/31/2014Have had many dinners there. Service was very friendly. Two of us had dinner. After a very long wait for our main course, the tile fish entree was served nearly raw. Sent it back, waited over 15 min, while the other entree sat on the table getting cold. Wasn't even that crowded.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent as well as the service, we sat at an outside table and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- broocVIPDined on 7/30/2014We dined in the garden, lovely setting, quiet, could actually talk to dinner companions! A big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Fresno reviews archive.
- AmazingmissaustralianballetDined on 7/27/2014What a find. We had such a nice dinner. Service impeccable and food divine. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor table in East HamptonMSchenklerDined on 7/27/2014The most spacious and comfortable outdoor dining area in East Hampton with a solid kitchen and a good prix fixe before 6:30.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!LindaDined on 7/23/2014We ate here last night, a Thursday. They had a Prix Fixe menu and the choices were very good. The tab was $50/person without drinks, inc tax and tip. Good food, nice atmosphere, and great waitstaff, even during the crazy summer!!! Go!Special Features:
- Reliably goodNortheasternerDined on 7/20/2014Fresno is a very nice restaurant with very good food. Prices are a little high, but that's normal for The Hamptons. If you live here and can avoid going out during the high season, you will enjoy it much more. The noise level inside was deafening and made conversation very difficult. Outside looked lovely and would have been quieter, but there was a large group occupying virtually the whole garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresno ReduxOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014We hadn't been to Fresno for a while and it's definitely much nicer than it was. The space has been nicely renovated, the outdoor area is lovely, and the food is a notch up. Everyone was very eager to be gracious and helpful. This isn't a top-of-the-line, fab for foodies place but it is a delightful way to spend a casual evening with friends and good food. We had salads to start, salmon and sausage for entrees, all fine. Personally I think the restaurant would benefit from a few higher end wine offerings but that's a minor quibble. Thanks.Special Features:
- A perfect summer eveningmegenVIPDined on 7/13/2014We have been to Fresno many times and each has been delightful. We were there with friends this past weekend and, once again, had a great evening: food, wine, service, ambience perfect for a relaxing get-together. Certainly will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Race LaneWstcstrfoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Go to Race Lane instead; the upfront staff is so much more pleasant. The beastly shrew who sat us was short tempered when I mentioned my open table and phone pleas to be seated in main dining room--as if news to her. Waited 20 mins for seating, in cramped entry (happens EVERY time), then led to a cramped table for two ( we were three), patio's edge, a feast for bugs that chewed on us during dinner. As for my request, she snapped threat of unending wait to get to main dining room. After awhile, asked if any of their abundant lighting was bug repellant and waitress brought us smelly lotion for us to apply to ourselves- what a treat! The food is unremarkable; not worth the nastiness. Plenty other lovely places to enjoy your summer dining.
- Simply greatPrinceofbelairDined on 7/6/2014The outdoor seating is great, the food is excellent (had the Indian style white fish, awesome) and the service is hors-pair. The waitress was so nice with the kids !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southernfoodiesVIPDined on 6/25/2014We dined on the early side, so it was quiet. We shared the salad wedge- it was delicious. Two of us had the roast chicken which was excellent with the crisp accompanying green beans, and mashed potatoes, infused with garlic. One in our party had the pork chop with a nice sauce, that was just sweet enough. The service was efficient and our waiter, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and pleasantGW44VIPDined on 6/23/2014Very good food, and a super friendly staff made our evening a pleasure. World Cup Fever was running high! The outdoor patio is more of an indoor experience with its plastic walls and roof closing it off from the garden dining experience of the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableSusieVIPDined on 6/22/2014We have dined here many times over the last 5 years or so and everything has actually improved over the years which is not the case for many Hamptons places.
- Always great !IleneDined on 6/20/2014Fresno is our go to place for pre theater. The food and service never disappoint. The ambiance is perfect for chatting with friends. These people know how to provide an overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just eat heredjjayVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great place. Very good food. This is a place where the vibe manages to be casual and well dressed at the same time, so you can be too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Village Hot spot!fortlauderdalefoodyVIPDined on 6/11/2014We love this place! The food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful and the staff are outstanding - Erin is friendly, warm and witty. Diego is great at the bar! and Javier is great too! We will definitely frequent this place a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresno restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Excellent food, very friendly and attentive service. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.