1530 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.freshcraft.com/
- Phone: 3037589608
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Lunch: Daily: 11:00am -4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am Sunday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 PM (Bar Open until 12:00 AM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucas Forgy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room may be reserved for private parties of 15 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 3037589608
- Entertainment: We have 3 HDTVs in our bar area as well as an 80" HD projection screen in our back room. We offer the NFL Sunday Ticket and also show all of the Colorado Rockies, Nuggets & Avalanche games.
- Cross Street: 16th St
- Public Transit: We are within easy walking distance of Union Station as well as the RTD station at the corner of the 16th St Mall and Blake St.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available on Blake St. Additional parking within walking distance is available in pay lots throughout lower downtown (LoDo) Denver.
A word from Freshcraft
We serve upscale comfort food in a casual atmosphere. Freshcraft is a great place for a quick lunch, a relaxing dinner, or something to fill you up after a night on the town. We make nearly all of our food from scratch using fresh ingredients and you can taste it. Our kitchen stays open late, serving a limited menu well past the regular dinner hour. Our huge selection of craft beers has been handpicked for pairing with the food. Of course they"re great to enjoy all on their own as well. Or, if wine or cocktails are more your thing, our bar is fully stocked with all of your favorites. Everyone is welcome at Freshcraft, and we look forward to seeing you here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Freshcraft reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (17)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Fresh craft August 2014MiamiQVIPDined on 8/16/2014Jason was an excellent server. Food was good butt too much bread on wrap and sandwiches and pork was dry. Good beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We have lived in Denver for over a year and this was the best find thus far. Excellent pork belly and pork schnitzel! You can't go wrong here.
- Consistently excellentmomsterDined on 8/3/2014We've been here several times over the last few years and it has always been a very good experience. We enjoy the large selection of draft beers and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local startuppanuruDined on 8/3/2014This is a great place to bring a date. It's lively, but not so noisy that you can't hear each other without a bullhorn or PA system. The beer and wine list is great for such a small place, and the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We had delicious food and the beer list was great. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightdrinkitupDined on 8/2/2014Freshcraft proved to be a wonderful selection for a date night. The ambiance was very nice, and suited exactly to a nice date night not over the top romantic but lit to where your primary focus was on your date. The Beer, Wine, and Spirits selection was stellar and exactly what you would expect from a place trying to set themselves a part from the competition. The food was well prepared and overall quite good, I would not say that is is stellar but it was quite good, and I will definitely keep this place on my short list. Finally the service, Freshcraft's staff was impeccable, from the waiter's presentation, to the expediters ensure prompt delivery of your food, the staff helps to separate this place from many other restaurants in LoDo.Special Features:
- tripOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Moving to Denver from Phoenix we stopped at Freshcraft. Food choices were good and drink choices were good also.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!luvthefoodVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great casual atmosphere and quiet enough to schedule team building events or offsite meetings! Executives and associates are always satisfied after attending! Thank you for showing a SINCERE smile when greeting us and for the above and beyond customer service that is always provided!!Special Features:
- EnjoyableChristianDined on 7/21/2014Menu with interestingly different choices, so you are not restricted to the "usual fare." Great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PairingsSamchildVIPDined on 7/20/2014Focus on the intersection between food and drink. Wonderful advice on pairings with microbrews -- including an introduction to sour beers (certainly an acquired taste). First time to try Alaskan Summer Ale -- OFF THE CHARTS! Fun, informative and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I Found YouFranktownDined on 7/19/2014Great beer on tap.. We dabbled across the entire menu all evening here. Everything was great! I highly recommend Fresh Craft to anyone who enjoys a great beer and great food in a awesome place. Service was some of the best I've had. We go somewhere different every week. But this will be a place we go back to over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Freshcraftlove2dineoutDined on 7/18/2014The food was better than "good" but not a "very good" for me. Our server was great! Drinks came quickly and when the food was running behind, our server communicated that immediately (which did not bother us as we were visiting with our friends!). We were in the very back of the restaurant. It is VERY LOUD back there! Only complaint really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Beer PairingsmoosechiliDined on 7/15/2014Freshcraft has a tiny wine list and pages & pages of really great beers - and interesting, high-quality food to pair with them. The beer list is outstanding and the wait staff is knowledgeable about food-beer pairing. The space is comfortable, and my food was great. The Triple A (artichoke, asparagus, and aoli?) had perfectly done tempura asparagus on top of a half artichoke, accompanied by a nice aoli - but the real standout was a full-flavored dollop of spicy relish on the other side of the plate. The goat cheese "crust" on my Quinoa Cakes entree perfectly complemented the quinoa pancakes, and the accompanying salad was perfect. Dessert was a 2008 Barleywine from Alaska - cloudy & satisfying. Go there - tonight!Special Features:
- Amazing Beer List Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014We stopped in at the recommendation of the Brews Cruise of Denver driver. It was fantastic. They have an excellent beer menu. The food was fantastic! We went back twice after our first trip because it was that good. However, we had mixed service. Our first server was great, attentive, helpful etc. The second time we stopped in the bar tender was friendly and helpful until a larger party came in. Then he became short and stopped paying attention to us. The third time we went back our server was very friendly, but we went long periods of time with him not checking in and us not having anything to drink. Overall great, but with a few service issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Reasonably-priced, well-made food and a great selection of beer. I bring lots of people here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beer and foodMomoftillyDined on 6/23/2014fun variations on old staples and delicious beers, everyone in our group enjoyed themselves, very casual, kids with familiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good!DCS1VIPDined on 6/23/2014I hadn't been here in a couple of years, but finally got back before a Rockies game one night, and it was just as good as I remember. The beer list is extensive (and with real beer, not mass-produced garbage) and they have a lot of rotating taps, so you'll always find something good no matter what you're in the mood for on a given day. The menu was a little different, though they kept many of the most popular dishes. I enjoyed my meal, and my beer went great with it, so I was happy. They got us in and out quickly so we could get to the game on time. All told, thumbs up!Special Features:
- Awesome beer list :)myers509Dined on 6/22/2014Food is always solid and fit for vegetarians and the beer list is great :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!luvthefoodVIPDined on 6/18/2014Great food at a good price! I met with a CEO from a previous job and the ambience was nice and not too noisy so we were able to catch up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceShodansamDined on 6/15/2014We were there at noon on a Sunday, so, they weren't busy. But the server was highly attentive taking the time to answer questions completely and happily. One of the owners swung by to check in as well. The food was very good too - for bar-food fare. Two of us had the breakfast burrito special, and the vegetarian in our group loved the quinoa cakes. All the plates were clean when we finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite bar and restaurant!MbtekDined on 6/7/2014Freshcraft is by far our favorite spot in Denver. They always have a fantastic beer list and the food is incredible! Their upscale bar food is always consistent, always delicious, and definitely falls into the foodie category. The staff is fun, friendly, and very accommodating. We have been coming here since they opened and don't have a single complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sure BetKateDined on 5/28/2014I come here for their craft beer selection and the garlic chili chicken wings. You gotta try them. Best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a joyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014We've been coming to Freshcraft since they opened and we have never been dissapointed. Service, food, and atmosphere is always good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great beer selection, lots of food options at multiple price ranges, and a really good value for downtown dining. Love Freshcraft! Great service too.Special Features:
- Nice place for a leisurely mealcedyDined on 5/7/2014We spent a couple of hours at a booth there mid-week with a few drinks followed by dinner. It has a long list of craft beers on tap & bottle + other liquors and wine. The food was quite good. My meatloaf burger was excellent and my dinner companions enjoyed their meals too. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Great place.
- The following 285 reviews are from the Freshcraft reviews archive.
- Good pre game spotAvsFanDined on 4/26/2014We had tickets to an Avs playoff game and made reservations here. I'm glad we did because of course everywhere was packed. We got in and out with plenty of time to spare. Even though it was crowded the service was excellent and the food was very good. We even made it in time for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impression.FoodfanVIPDined on 4/18/2014You have to love a place that splits shared orders onto separate plates without being askef! My sister and I shared the kale salad and the quinoa cakes, both delicious. Veggies done right here. Pretzel bites also get 2 thumbs up. Place was busy but service was still great. Lots of choices in Lodo now but this spot is on my "return to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Here4BeerDined on 4/13/2014Awesome beer selection and excellent food! So glad I decided to try this place with out-of-town guests!Special Features:
- Great place before an Avs gamefroggie1013VIPDined on 4/3/2014A group of us went to Freshcraft for some drinks and apps before an Avs game. Good beer selection and plenty of options for non-beer drinkers. I really liked the meat and cheese platter. We'll be back to try more soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beer selection only positiveDK12Dined on 3/30/2014Restaurant had a great beer selection and we received our drinks promptly which had me feeling good. However, the experience went downhill from there. Our server was relatively new and forgot one of our appetizers and one of our entrees. This was a birthday celebration and really threw off our evening. Despite this, they didn't try to do anything to rectify the situation. Additionally, the food was fine but didn't really differentiate itself from standard bar food.
- Craft Beer WeekTraciPDined on 3/29/2014We love this place...the food, terrific revolving beer options, the service, are all great! We get email announcements about events, so we try to get in to eat/ drink at least monthly. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, delicious foodTommyDined on 3/28/2014I've been here on a few occasions for dinner with friends and loved it. Great food with thoughtful beer pairings. I recently took my team here for a work lunch and was really pleased with the food and quality of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster service, mediocre food.downtownconciergeVIPDined on 3/26/2014I was so underwhelmed by Freshcraft. It took 10 minutes for anyone to stop by our table after we were seated, and even then it was only the hostess - it was another 5 minutes until our server came to take our order. He was totally nonchalant about the fact that he'd neglected to serve us, and even provided the excuse that he "had a few other tables," which frustrated me because as a server, of course he had other tables. A good server can handle them. The food was okay, but nothing worth going back for. I quite liked the ambiance and decor. I won't go out of my way to visit Freshcraft again.Special Features:
- Fresh FindbowmanDined on 3/25/2014On a visit to Denver, my wife and I took a chance on Fresh Craft. Excellent, in-depth craft beer selection. Limited but well chosen wine list. Food selection was creative and wonderful on the palate. We shall return.Special Features:
- Great beer menu, ok food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014The food was fairly good. We ordered the wings and pretzel bites as an appetizer. Both were decent, the cheese sauce that came with the pretzels didn't have a whole lot of flavor. The wings were delicious, maybe a little over cooked. The mail dished were good, but nothing I would be dying to go back to eat again.Special Features:
- Great spot to get good foodSharpVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great spot to get good food with a fantastic selection of craft beer, ranging from many great local beers to beers from all over the country. Has a nice warm feeling, appropriate for all classes for a casual evening. working at a hotel I recomend it to guests all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a sure thing!KateDined on 3/6/2014This place not only has great food, but also a great craft beer selection. It is always a sure bet that you'll have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceBullDined on 2/28/2014Strike 1: We arrived 20 early for our 5:00 PM reservations, the place was practically empty and hostest said we could not be seated until our entire group arrived. Non-sense in this situation, we complained, and were seated. Strike 2: The waitress visited our table to tell us we had to leave by 7:00 because another group has reservations at 7:00...this was rude and unnecessary. They gave us a 2 hour warning to leave, WTF, we just got there. Strike 3: The supervisor/mamager came to the table about 2 minutes later and told us the same thing...even the most casual observer would have noticed that two of us had on Av's jersy's, the game starts at 7:00, we were going to be out of there well before 7:00. Good Beer selection - Poor service
- Best visited for Happy HourTheCsDined on 2/19/2014The service was great - our waiter was very pleasant. Other than that, I can't say I'll be back. Apparently they have a great happy hour, so if you want locally crafted beer and snacks, head on over!Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing serviceelizaVIPDined on 2/18/2014Our sandwiches were outstanding, but the service left a lot to be desired. When we first arrived it took over a long time to even get someone to take our drink order. The wait staff never checked to see if we needed anything or if everything was alright. Overall, I'd go back and give them a second chance, just hope for better service.