1530 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.freshcraft.com/
- Phone: 3037589608
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Lunch: Daily: 11:00am -4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am Sunday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 PM (Bar Open until 12:00 AM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lucas Forgy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our back room may be reserved for private parties of 15 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 3037589608
- Entertainment: We have 3 HDTVs in our bar area as well as an 80" HD projection screen in our back room. We offer the NFL Sunday Ticket and also show all of the Colorado Rockies, Nuggets & Avalanche games.
- Cross Street: 16th St
- Public Transit: We are within easy walking distance of Union Station as well as the RTD station at the corner of the 16th St Mall and Blake St.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available on Blake St. Additional parking within walking distance is available in pay lots throughout lower downtown (LoDo) Denver.
A word from Freshcraft
We serve upscale comfort food in a casual atmosphere. Freshcraft is a great place for a quick lunch, a relaxing dinner, or something to fill you up after a night on the town. We make nearly all of our food from scratch using fresh ingredients and you can taste it. Our kitchen stays open late, serving a limited menu well past the regular dinner hour. Our huge selection of craft beers has been handpicked for pairing with the food. Of course they"re great to enjoy all on their own as well. Or, if wine or cocktails are more your thing, our bar is fully stocked with all of your favorites. Everyone is welcome at Freshcraft, and we look forward to seeing you here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Freshcraft - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Freshcraft reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (22)great for lunch (22)late-night find (17)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Game Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Stopped in with a few people before the Bronco's game for an early dinner. Great service from Jeff, lots of good beer on tap and in bottles, eclectic menu to serve any taste or appetite and reasonable prices. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014As a group, we tried a lot of different entrees and everything was to die for. Also, the drinks are good as well.Special Features:
- Great Choice-Great Food-Great Beer!stifflearsmomDined on 10/17/2014We made a reservation for 4 on Open-Table the night before. We arrived 5 minutes late, yet we were seated immediately upon arrival. The beer choices were plenty; I had one of the amber colored pumpkin beers (can't remember the name) and it was probably the best beer I have ever had. Appetizers were unique and delicious and the rest of our food came out quickly and all 4 enjoyed each of the dishes we ordered; Salmon BLT. Meatloaf Sliders. The Reuben. All great choices. We are going back the next time we're downtown!!! I'm dying to try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- Tasty Dinner!LucyDined on 10/11/2014The beer selection as well as the wine list was good. We went for Happy Hour and then had dinner. Dinner was really good, better than I had expected. Their Steak was delicious! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshingly good2oldforthisVIPDined on 10/11/2014We chose this restaurant because we hadn't tried it before. We were very pleased and will go back. The service was very good and our waitress was very friendly and efficient. We told her that we needed to be out by 7:00 to get to the symphony. The cheese dippers appetizers came quickly and were delicious. I had the mushroom tacos and my husband had the pork schnitzels. It was all very tasty and fresh. The small booth was perfect for 2 people.Special Features:
- Great late night findwelovebeerDined on 9/28/2014We went for a family birthday celebration - not a great fit for that, but we'll be back for late night options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive Beer listAspenDined on 9/27/2014If you want a place that can pair great beer with great food this is the place!!Special Features:
- Great food awful guests distractCelesteDined on 9/26/2014The food and service was good; however, three seemingly heavily drinking couples let their screaming kids run around the back of the restaurant. I know the waiters and waitresses wanted to say something, but it seems like they were uncomfortable. I would have really liked the manager go to them and politely asked to control their children. Unfortunately do to this we will probably never go back.
- First timers!DebiVIPDined on 9/17/2014We had friends in town from Australia and we did some internet searching, read reviews and decided to come to Freshcraft! We are glad we did! Had a wonderful time. The menu had just changed that day so we missed out on some of the reviews, but got to try some new stuff. Our server was awesome! The beers on tap were pretty tasty. The choice of happy hour appetizers was quite large, and we liked that not everything was fried (which is typical of so many appetizer menu choices). Our guests had a great time and we all think we chose well. We will be returning to try out the patio on a nice day. Thank you. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer!Mks27Dined on 9/13/2014I love the vast selection of beers on tap and being able to watch Iowa games. Steakhouse salad was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer BarOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/2/2014This is by far one of the best beer bar's in Denver. They always have a great selection of interesting an rotating beers. On top of that their food is spectacular and the staff is always helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the beer, stay for...KSHFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014The pretzel bites with cheddar sauce, and the french onion soup! Plus a fun ambiance and good service. We had a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh craft August 2014MiamiQVIPDined on 8/16/2014Jason was an excellent server. Food was good butt too much bread on wrap and sandwiches and pork was dry. Good beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We have lived in Denver for over a year and this was the best find thus far. Excellent pork belly and pork schnitzel! You can't go wrong here.
- Consistently excellentmomsterDined on 8/3/2014We've been here several times over the last few years and it has always been a very good experience. We enjoy the large selection of draft beers and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local startuppanuruDined on 8/3/2014This is a great place to bring a date. It's lively, but not so noisy that you can't hear each other without a bullhorn or PA system. The beer and wine list is great for such a small place, and the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We had delicious food and the beer list was great. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightdrinkitupDined on 8/2/2014Freshcraft proved to be a wonderful selection for a date night. The ambiance was very nice, and suited exactly to a nice date night not over the top romantic but lit to where your primary focus was on your date. The Beer, Wine, and Spirits selection was stellar and exactly what you would expect from a place trying to set themselves a part from the competition. The food was well prepared and overall quite good, I would not say that is is stellar but it was quite good, and I will definitely keep this place on my short list. Finally the service, Freshcraft's staff was impeccable, from the waiter's presentation, to the expediters ensure prompt delivery of your food, the staff helps to separate this place from many other restaurants in LoDo.Special Features:
- tripOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Moving to Denver from Phoenix we stopped at Freshcraft. Food choices were good and drink choices were good also.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!luvthefoodVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great casual atmosphere and quiet enough to schedule team building events or offsite meetings! Executives and associates are always satisfied after attending! Thank you for showing a SINCERE smile when greeting us and for the above and beyond customer service that is always provided!!Special Features:
- EnjoyableChristianDined on 7/21/2014Menu with interestingly different choices, so you are not restricted to the "usual fare." Great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PairingsSamchildVIPDined on 7/20/2014Focus on the intersection between food and drink. Wonderful advice on pairings with microbrews -- including an introduction to sour beers (certainly an acquired taste). First time to try Alaskan Summer Ale -- OFF THE CHARTS! Fun, informative and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I Found YouFranktownDined on 7/19/2014Great beer on tap.. We dabbled across the entire menu all evening here. Everything was great! I highly recommend Fresh Craft to anyone who enjoys a great beer and great food in a awesome place. Service was some of the best I've had. We go somewhere different every week. But this will be a place we go back to over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Freshcraftlove2dineoutDined on 7/18/2014The food was better than "good" but not a "very good" for me. Our server was great! Drinks came quickly and when the food was running behind, our server communicated that immediately (which did not bother us as we were visiting with our friends!). We were in the very back of the restaurant. It is VERY LOUD back there! Only complaint really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Beer PairingsmoosechiliDined on 7/15/2014Freshcraft has a tiny wine list and pages & pages of really great beers - and interesting, high-quality food to pair with them. The beer list is outstanding and the wait staff is knowledgeable about food-beer pairing. The space is comfortable, and my food was great. The Triple A (artichoke, asparagus, and aoli?) had perfectly done tempura asparagus on top of a half artichoke, accompanied by a nice aoli - but the real standout was a full-flavored dollop of spicy relish on the other side of the plate. The goat cheese "crust" on my Quinoa Cakes entree perfectly complemented the quinoa pancakes, and the accompanying salad was perfect. Dessert was a 2008 Barleywine from Alaska - cloudy & satisfying. Go there - tonight!Special Features:
- Amazing Beer List Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014We stopped in at the recommendation of the Brews Cruise of Denver driver. It was fantastic. They have an excellent beer menu. The food was fantastic! We went back twice after our first trip because it was that good. However, we had mixed service. Our first server was great, attentive, helpful etc. The second time we stopped in the bar tender was friendly and helpful until a larger party came in. Then he became short and stopped paying attention to us. The third time we went back our server was very friendly, but we went long periods of time with him not checking in and us not having anything to drink. Overall great, but with a few service issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Reasonably-priced, well-made food and a great selection of beer. I bring lots of people here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the Freshcraft reviews archive.
- great beer and foodMomoftillyDined on 6/23/2014fun variations on old staples and delicious beers, everyone in our group enjoyed themselves, very casual, kids with familiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good!DCS1VIPDined on 6/23/2014I hadn't been here in a couple of years, but finally got back before a Rockies game one night, and it was just as good as I remember. The beer list is extensive (and with real beer, not mass-produced garbage) and they have a lot of rotating taps, so you'll always find something good no matter what you're in the mood for on a given day. The menu was a little different, though they kept many of the most popular dishes. I enjoyed my meal, and my beer went great with it, so I was happy. They got us in and out quickly so we could get to the game on time. All told, thumbs up!Special Features:
- Awesome beer list :)myers509Dined on 6/22/2014Food is always solid and fit for vegetarians and the beer list is great :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!luvthefoodVIPDined on 6/18/2014Great food at a good price! I met with a CEO from a previous job and the ambience was nice and not too noisy so we were able to catch up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceShodansamDined on 6/15/2014We were there at noon on a Sunday, so, they weren't busy. But the server was highly attentive taking the time to answer questions completely and happily. One of the owners swung by to check in as well. The food was very good too - for bar-food fare. Two of us had the breakfast burrito special, and the vegetarian in our group loved the quinoa cakes. All the plates were clean when we finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite bar and restaurant!MbtekDined on 6/7/2014Freshcraft is by far our favorite spot in Denver. They always have a fantastic beer list and the food is incredible! Their upscale bar food is always consistent, always delicious, and definitely falls into the foodie category. The staff is fun, friendly, and very accommodating. We have been coming here since they opened and don't have a single complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sure BetKateDined on 5/28/2014I come here for their craft beer selection and the garlic chili chicken wings. You gotta try them. Best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a joyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014We've been coming to Freshcraft since they opened and we have never been dissapointed. Service, food, and atmosphere is always good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great beer selection, lots of food options at multiple price ranges, and a really good value for downtown dining. Love Freshcraft! Great service too.Special Features:
- Nice place for a leisurely mealcedyDined on 5/7/2014We spent a couple of hours at a booth there mid-week with a few drinks followed by dinner. It has a long list of craft beers on tap & bottle + other liquors and wine. The food was quite good. My meatloaf burger was excellent and my dinner companions enjoyed their meals too. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Great place.
- Good pre game spotAvsFanDined on 4/26/2014We had tickets to an Avs playoff game and made reservations here. I'm glad we did because of course everywhere was packed. We got in and out with plenty of time to spare. Even though it was crowded the service was excellent and the food was very good. We even made it in time for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impression.FoodfanVIPDined on 4/18/2014You have to love a place that splits shared orders onto separate plates without being askef! My sister and I shared the kale salad and the quinoa cakes, both delicious. Veggies done right here. Pretzel bites also get 2 thumbs up. Place was busy but service was still great. Lots of choices in Lodo now but this spot is on my "return to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Here4BeerDined on 4/13/2014Awesome beer selection and excellent food! So glad I decided to try this place with out-of-town guests!Special Features: