Fresh Catch Bistro
3040 Estero Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33931Neighborhood:
Fort Myers Beach
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Fresh Catch Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 2394632600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Bob Burns
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fresh Catch Bistro
Southwest Florida's newest waterfront dining destination!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresh Catch Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great place right on the beachFloJoDined on 11/5/2013Our server greeted us directly after being seated and welcomed us. We sat inside had a beautiful view of the beach. There were several items on the menu that I wanted to try - selected the almond crusted grouper - glad I did, it did not disappoint. The atomosphere, food and service were all great. Highly recommend a visit to Fresh Catch Bistro.Special Features:
- Gem on the beachNovajoeDined on 10/27/2013Great restaurant with great menu, both seafood and meat. The crusted grouper was exquisite and my wife's prime rib was one of the best she claims she ever had. Great beach view, particularly at sunset. Service was excellent. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Breath of 'Fresh' Air!!!CookingInClevelandDined on 10/26/2013What a wonderful sunset! Fabulous food! Great Service! There were 6 of us in Ft. Myers for a quick girls get-away. Read great reviews on TripAdvisor which connected me to OpenTable. On the plane to FLA, I met a young couple who frequent Ft. Myers several a times a year said if you go nowhere else, you HAVE to go to Fresh Catch! Of course I already had reservations! My friends had scallops, 1a steak, & I had Seared Tuna ~ all EXCELLENT. The wine list is really impressive and although the bar staff was a lil slow getting to us at first, the cocktails were really original! The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are having fun. They want service and food to be up to former reviews. Chris our waiter was great! Shout out to Iva!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh...yummy...and well appointedAfiremanandhisflame3Dined on 10/26/2013Found this restaurant by chance via Open Table. And what a find! Fresh seafood...excellent quality and fabulous presentation. Husband and daughter said the clams on the half shell were the best they ever had! The Maine Lobster Martini was amazing as was our entrees: The Pecan and Cranberry crusted grouper and the Yellowfin Tuna were fresh and done to perfection. Our daughters had the filet mignons and they, too, were done to perfection. Our daughter attends FGCU so we were in town for Parent's Weekend...so even thought we don't live locally, we are planning our next visit to include another visit to Fresh Catch to try other amazing choices on their menu. This is one of few restaurants that have received 5 stars by our whole family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we have been there 5 or 6OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/23/2013we have been there 5 or 6 times and have always enjoyed it alot.. This time it was not as good as we remembered from times past. The calamari appetizer was always delicious, however, this time i think there were more hot peppers than calamari. my husband and neice in the past said the tuna was the best they ever had. this time my husband said it was just ok. i will try it again since we used to like it so much. Hopefully it was just a bad night.Special Features:
- Great restaurantNanceVIPDined on 10/23/2013We really enjoyed this place. Food and service wS excellent. Watching a sunset with dinner superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Salt Rock GrilleTrentcoDined on 10/17/2013My wife and I recently ate at the Fresh Catch Bistro. Her family had always traveled to the Clearwater area and would often go to the Salt Rock Grille. They introduced me to it and for years I said there wasn't a better place to eat seafood or steak. My wife agreed. We have found our new favorite! I would never take anything away from Salt Rock, but after our experience at Fresh Catch, we could not pick any other as our favorite. Delicious food, great service, great ambiance, priced right. Did I mention delicious food? On this same vacation, my wife's parents went with us and we told them that they had to try it. They came back with the same appreciation for this exceptional restaurant. AAA+ Looking forward to our next visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of the GulfdancerDined on 10/17/2013Beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico especially as the sun goes down in the evening. But, my 2nd visit was as great as my first! I highly recommend the 3 course special for $25.....outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view!ManderDined on 10/15/2013The food was very good but the service was superb.Special Features:
- The food was so-soGittsovDined on 10/13/2013Crab cakes were mushy, prime rib barely warm. Waiter kept forgetting our order. Didn't bring salad, brought wrong dressing. The dinner was nothing to brag about.
- Great Service and Fantastic ViewsKricketDined on 9/30/2013Talk about a romantic place to have an anniversary dinner or first date! My wife and I arrived a little late in the evening but still were able to sit on their beautiful patio overlooking the beach and the Gulf. I'd imagine we would have had quite a show had we arrived in time for the sunset. The service we received was impeccable. We had a very attentive server who constantly checked to make sure everything was good with our meal. The prices were fairly standard for a place like this - a bit on the high side, but not overwhelming. They had a decent selection of wine and plenty of tasty sounding dishes. We opted for the more generic lobster and steak - both were cooked perfectly. For an app, we chose the crab cakes, which were "ok".Special Features:
- Fabulous food, incredible foodTonimmartinDined on 9/29/2013Note your reservation for outdoor seating if that is your goal. Perfect ocean front seating for witnessing sunset. There were 3 of us and everyone's meal was fantastic. I cannot recommend the Oyster Sashimi enough! Our server, Derek, was a great addition to our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Bring A Fan.Two2DineDined on 9/13/2013The food and service was very good. The dining room was very HOT at 5:30 PM, even with the blinds pulled down blocking the view, it was to hot. EAT LATER TO SEE THE SUNSET. The corner table our group of 7 set at is to hot and needs to be addressed. It almost became unbearable and the group was sweating by the end of dinner. The manger that came by our table twice was dripping with sweat. He looked very out of place, cloths were baggy and shirt was way to big for him. He looked very unprofessional and just out of place. This is not McDonalds. The prices are a little high for the quality of food you get nevertheless very well prepared. The staff uniforms are terrible and the staff looks very hot and uncomfortable in them.Special Features:
- Just delicious!!KimberlyDined on 9/9/2013Had a friend visiting from France and the food did not disappoint!! Every course was fantastic! The fact that we enjoyed this fantastic meal while the sun was setting was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined with someone specialmojoDined on 9/8/2013Dined with someone special & had a wonderful time. View was spectacular. The stuffed grouper was delicious as was the surf & turf. Wait staff was very attentive. Noise level was very low so that you could actually talk to one another & be heard. This is my second time here & would certainly recommend it. Manager came around to each table to see if everything was alright & thanked us for coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing is Everything...FrancieDined on 9/5/2013Slow, disappointing service. Made a reservation but the table was not ready. Took three tries to get me a cocktail as someone forgot to place a liquor order. Crab cakes were like mush and had to request more sauce to accompany as a 1/2 a teaspoon just doesn't cut it. I prefer fresh veggies and am not a fan of frozen vegetables...the chef sirloin kabob special was good as well as the prime rib, but the service needs some polishing.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. TherelolstarVIPDined on 8/28/2013The food was wonderful. There is an early bird special between 5 PM and 6 PM for $25 that was terrific. There was an appetizer dish with four different items, a soup or salad (full size), and great entrees with a starch and vegetable. Ever dish was great. There was so much that we took most of the entrees home. The early bird special runs between April until October 1st. The waiter, Chris, was attentive and the manager came over a number of times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and food,Anniversary25Dined on 8/27/2013Great atmosphere and food, definitely a great restaurant to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beach restaurantfmb1Dined on 8/16/2013Fresh Catch Bistro is a very good restaurant. It has a great location (it sits right on the beach with awesome views), has some inside and outside seating, and the food is very well prepared with a great presentation. The "door" is very welcoming and the service is spot on. They do not rush you through your dining experience. Very highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2013Extremely friendly staff. Very accommodating with our seating requests outside with a view. The food was very good with wonderful service. I had the scallops which were delicious and my spouse loved the mahi-mahi, both with the Mediterranean sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average food, bad serviceOopseyDined on 8/11/2013Was looking forward for a great dinner, difficult to find parking spot, as soon as we stepped in - extremely muggy and humid. Waiter was sweating like a dog, he was not a happy camper - no bread serving till after salad was finished. As it turned out, AC unit was down that evening, 85F throughout the dinner - not much different than eating out on the patio - miserable. I ordered sea scallops, it's tasteless and grainy, tasted like sand. Jasmine rice was not even thoroughly cooked - for $29 entree - absolutely not worthy. Got free dessert of apple pie a la mode, mountain of sugar and crumbs - instead of tasty, just piles of sugar. Since the restaurant is right on the beach, unless you sit right next to the window, otherwise, don't bother.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SuprisedWiltonFrankVIPDined on 8/9/2013Excellent seafood in an incredible setting on the south edge of Ft. Myers BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2013It was our first time at this restaurant. The food was awesome. Unfortunately it was a rainy evening and we couldn't sit outside. But we had a window table so we had a great view, looking at the beach and the Gulf of Mexico. Well be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot on the beachPhartVIPDined on 8/1/2013After a week of dining out on Fort Myers beach, this was probably the most upscale. It is right on the beach with a great view. The wine list was decent. We all had fish. I had the seared sesame tuna with rice and snow peas. The presentation was very nice and the meal was tasty. We shared a dessert and it was delicious as well. I would go back if we ever are in town again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good rawSilviab76Dined on 7/27/2013I find this restaurant on tripadvisor and i was very lucky best raw i ever eat beforeSpecial Features:
- Everything is great here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2013From the moment we walked in the door the experience was wonderful. We were greeted and immediately sat. The server knew the menu and answered all of our questions. The food was fabulous (my wife had scallops and I had salmon) and cooked to perfection. We moved outside to the patio to finish our drinks for a perfect end to our experience. First class operation all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyVisitorDined on 7/23/2013I took my family to dinner there and was expecting a little better food. My food was great, but the other items my family got were from the grill and the food was bland and tasted like they dropped the steaks in the ashes of the grill. Server was good. Place was just alright. Prolly wont visit this place again.Special Features:
- Seafood ExtravaganzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2013The deal from 5-6 PM is top notch. $25 for a seafood appetizer of scallops, fennel salad, and crab cakes + ginger ccarrot soup + surf and turf (Prme Rib & Shrimp) was well worth the early visit. Very attentive service and good knowledge of the wine list from our server.Special Features:
- Creative menuChipDined on 7/19/2013We came because just reading the menu made us hungry. I am glad we tried this restaurant, the food really was exceptional. We couldn't see the sunset, but the Oceanside view was nice anyway. The staff was busy but never neglected us. Great job, FCB! I only wish we had been staying longer, just to go try more of the yummy sounding menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fort Myers Beach GemCfoodloverDined on 7/17/2013Went there with a group of eight. Had a nice view of The beach for our dinner. The service was wonderful, and the food was amazing! Wonderful fish dishes, perfectly paired with sauces and sides. I would highly recommend this restaurant for an exceptional experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bugs hurt ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2013High quality food & attentive service, but please consider using bug repellent if dining outside for the ambience - the "no see ums" are out in forceSpecial Features:
- Great specials! SwordfishSmilindininDined on 7/4/2013Great specials! Swordfish and risotto was phenomenal. On the beach with great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frist time at the restaurant,twoglovesVIPDined on 6/30/2013Frist time at the restaurant, wonderful surprise! Food, service, and view all very good! Sea Bass and Tuna prepared just right, not over/under done! Rainy night, but obvious view was wonderful of the gulf. Staff very nice and professional. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignored seating requestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/30/2013I made a reservation two days before we planned to dine and requested a table by the window. We had our great-grandson with us and we thought he would enjoy the view. When we arrived no table was available. We also saw in the hostess book that win was written by our name. I think the hostess paid no attention to the request and seated other parties as they came in. When I mentioned it to the manager he said sorry. That's all. I love Open Table because we are always treated so well. Not in this case. The food was quite good, except for the rice, which was under -cooked. We will probably go back, but won't make any special requestsSpecial Features:
- DelicioussterlinmDined on 6/29/2013Try the Lobster Mac and Cheese and the Clam Chowder.Special Features:
- Over pricedJunevacaDined on 6/27/2013Not worth the price for the amount of food served. As the food was nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Food qualityCharleyDined on 6/19/2013We have visited Fresh Catch several times in the past and the food has been very good. However, all 6 of our meals last week were below average. We are locals and we will not hurry back to visit this restaurant. Please work on food quality.Special Features:
- Found on TripAdvisor to beJudyDined on 6/18/2013Found on TripAdvisor to be highly rated. Enjoyed the upscale dining experience and fantastic view. Will be certain to tell our friends to check it out.Special Features:
- Not disappointedoagerlikes2eatDined on 6/15/2013This place had great ratings on opentable and trip advisor and definitely lived up to its reputation. Great service and great food for a decent price. Beautiful view of the fl west coast. Don't hesitate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2013Fantastic restaurant overlooking beach. Service was impeccable and food was expertly prepared. Will definitely go back the next time we are in Fort Myers Beach.Special Features: