4725 42nd Ave. S.W.
Seattle, WA 98116Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.freshbistroseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 935-3733
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5 PM - 9:30 PM Friday & Saturday 5 PM - Close PM with a Late Night menu starting at 9 PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Dalis Chea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering is done through Herban Feast.
- Private Party Facilities: We will happily discuss providing you with a private spot within the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: John 2069353733x
A word from Fresh Bistro
Enjoy innovative Pacific Northwest cuisine in a welcoming environment for lunch, dinner, happy hour and brunch or our delicious gourmet take-out in the comfort of your own home. Our seasonal, farm-to-table menus highlight ingredients from local producers to create bistro-inspired dishes with an unusual twist. Relax on our outdoor patio or in our open dining area with a view of the kitchen while experiencing a fusion of flavors and textures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Fresh Bistro - Best Restaurants in West Seattle/Alki ›
Fresh Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (45)great for brunch (25)good for groups (16)special occasion (14)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We enjoyed most of our food. The crab cakes were delicious. The service was a bit slow. It seemed this was more of a kitchen issue rather than server issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WS11Dined on 11/14/2014The menu is always interesting and the food is executed flawlessly. A real gem, and one worth revisiting often to experience the changing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening at Fresh BistroTAMILHDined on 10/30/2014I met a friend for dinner at Fresh Bistro as I wanted to introduced her to the restaurant - she loved it, as do I. An easy, friendly spot with a full bar and great food. Plus the staff is amazing. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Delicious fall dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/29/2014I have been to this restaurant many times, and there have been some ups and downs with both the service and the food, but I think they have finally got it all worked out. The ambiance is warm and inviting, the food was consistently delicious, and the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. I had the braised pork shank that came with sweet potatoes and crispy kale. Excellent!Special Features:
- Great Experienceroyalk4Dined on 10/22/2014Went for Restaurant Week and the service, wine and food was superb. The choices in the dishes were complex but melded well together for a flavor explosion. Very nice place to go and parking was a breeze. Would go again.Special Features:
- Worth the tripGoBOVIPDined on 10/19/2014we had a great time. Food was delicious and our waitress was super nice. We will be back and happy to drive over to West SeattleSpecial Features:
- Monday night steak dinnerFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Monday night is the special steak dinner night. This time the steaks taste even better then last time that we were here on Monday. Both my wife and I enjoyed our Different orders immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something NewSeattliteDined on 10/4/2014We had a great experience at Fresh Bistro. I was looking for something a little quirky and a lot creative and I was not disappointed! Our reservation was for 5:00 which is when they open so there was no wait. Our host and waitress were friendly, attentive, and knew how to sell their menu. I thought the portions were just right and the price point below what one would expect to pay when looking for creativity. I would love to go back for their pig roast later this month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICE WAS SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2014Our reservations were for 6:00 we arrived right on time. It took 25 minutes to get our drinks and our dinner did not show up until 7:10. We ended up missing the show at Arts West. We had already purchased our tickets. This was very disappointing.
- Sadly, it's become ordinary...BeachfoodieDined on 9/28/2014We have dined here many times & have loved it. Sadly, the food is now ordinary, & this former gem of the neighborhood has turned into just another place. The food was ok, but nothing like it used to be. Attention to detail has been lost. Server was great, but for some reason someone ELSE (a helper?) gave 1 of our meals to another table by mistake. She said it would "take only a few minutes" to get another meal. I knew it would take more than 5 min, so I asked her to take the one meal back so we could enjoy the meals together. 15 minutes later, we got the two meals.... They were ok, but no one (a manager, perhaps??!!) came to apologize. So It's now just another ordinary place. Too bad guys, I hope you return to your old polish. Good luck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tmn456VIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was great - super fresh halibut entree and a tasty burger (the smash fries were delicious). The ambiance is lacking a bit of warmth and character; although, they have tried to create a nice space in a new construction building. I think the logo/marketing makes it look like more of a salad bar or counter order kind of place instead of the more "fine dining" food that they actually serve. I'm not sure if I would have gone there if had just driven by rather than booking online. I hope it survives with all the new condos and such going up around the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJimbDined on 9/6/2014Always great. The beet salad is unique and delicious. The French cyber they have by the glass is pretty darn tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Name sakeFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Appropriate name for the ingredients, taste, and occasionally changing menu. We have been coming regularly since the opening years ago. We had reservation mix ups years ago, but always enjoyed the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janieDined on 8/25/2014Awesome food. Monday Steak Night is super great for steak lovers. Excellent steaks at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Always goodJimbDined on 8/22/2014Fresh is a favorite of mune. The menu, while limited, has great dishes on it. The chef layers flavors well and the dishesare creative. The beet salad is special. They are experts with salmon and halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh wins!RandyBDined on 8/17/2014My first time for brunch at Fresh Bistro, and it's a winner! I had the German Breakfast, and it was a bit spicy, but fantastic! Others had the Hash Brown (Looked fantastic! Do not be on a lo-carb diet for this one!) and the Biscuit & Gravy, winners all. I mean, c'mon.....if you're going to brunch, bring it on! And Fresh does. Service great, room great, a lovely time. And all owned by Herban Feast, my favorite caterer. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- SLOW Servicechristy131VIPDined on 8/11/2014The service was S O S L O W....The dining room wasn't full, yet it was just a ginormous waiting game for my table. It took a long time to get water, then it took a long time to order, then it took forever to get each course. The server never came over to update us on why it was taking forever. Perhaps just a slow kitchen, but either way it became quite unbearable. The dinner ended up unnecessarily taking 2 hours. Good thing we didn't need to be anywhere afterwards.Special Features:
- Delish!JanineDined on 8/11/2014Very inventive, fresh cuisine. Definitely worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artistic palletteSue4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014The food was not only delicious but presented with beautiful, inviting flourishes....a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Seattle's BestKahunaDined on 8/8/2014Fresh Bistro has rapidly become our favorite restaurant in Seattle. The food and service are consistently outstanding and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Great little gemJamesDined on 8/7/2014The food here is consistently good. Creative and high quality. Hot food comes out hot and perfectly cooked. Portions are very generous and prices are very reasonable. We have dined here a few times and they consistently nail it. For example their Moules & Frites are perfect each time. Mussels very fresh, cooked perfectly and served hot. The Frites are the best in down- and served piping hot. BTW - the bar menu is a version of a the Small Plates and Salads- but slightly less expensive (maybe smaller?). And they have a generous Happy Hour menu (which I think goes all night Mon- Thurs). How can you beat this place? I am almost hesitant to tell everyone about this gem......because it may be harder for me to get in in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wadenixDined on 8/6/2014The service was outstanding (we ate outside). A very knowledgeable and professional wait person made dinner recommendations for us. The food also was outstanding, especially the beet salad. It was a wonderful dining experience...we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindKahunaDined on 8/2/2014Wow, what a great restaurant. The food was amazing and reasonably priced. The service was perfect. We liked it so much, we're going back this weekend.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJudyDined on 8/1/2014Four friends met for dinner at Fresh Bistro recently. The entire evening was wonderful, very professional service, delightful ambience, and food fit for serious foodies. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions, personable and not intrusive. Each of us selected different food items from the menu, and each one was prepared to perfection. The tuna tartar and pork chops were my 2 favorite. We were dining on a Travel Zoo coupon, so affordability was not a factor. And the corkage fee was very modest. Excellent neighborhood find.........Special Features:
- The following 359 reviews are from the Fresh Bistro reviews archive.
- ExcellentAnneVIPDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. The food was excellent. Monday steak night and half-price wine was a great deal. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Seattle FavoriteNDTomDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful staff and creative menu! Nice little bar area and open kitchen with friendly staff. The music and sound level is a little harsh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time.BostonshamrockDined on 7/19/2014Fresh Bistro, has great food, and not in a noisy location, service was prompt, and respectful. I had the prawns and Halibut both extremely good. Afterward felt full, and yet not feeling like I needed more, organic food is the way to go.
- Never disappointedFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014We have been there more than two dozen times over the years and cannot recall any instance where we were not happy we went. The only surprise this time was the halibut was a little on the well done side. Maybe it is the new trend?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a surproseLPLPVIPDined on 7/5/2014We threw a surprise party and picked the Fresh Bistro. They made it easy and delicious. Highly recommend this spot for all West Seattle folk (and any vistors!).Special Features:
- Best restaurant meal in yearsSeattleMamaDined on 6/28/2014Seriously... this was the BEST restaurant meal I've had in years. We were surprised and delighted that EVERY part of our meal was outstanding: the shiso honey prawns were cooked perfectly, the crab cakes delicate and flavorful, the halibut and flank stank both tender and beautifully presented, and the raspberry creme brûlée "to die for". Our waiter was attentive and the restaurant has a pleasant ambience. I would definitely go there again for a special occasion! We had eaten at a "Bonefish" restaurant days before and there is NO comparison... "Fresh Bistro" is in a higher class of good food prepared VERY well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014This place was pretty good. Not a huge selection of food, but it wasn't bad.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood BistroRomanticplacefordinnerDined on 6/17/2014We had dinner here, and have many wonderful meals at this local restaurant. The food is unusual and delicious. On this Tuesday evening at 6:15, the noise began to interfere in our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Bistro is Always Great!DigiwaveDined on 6/14/2014Fresh Bistro never fails to impress and serve some of the finest dishes in Seattle.Special Features:
- Bloody Mary's!!BevoLonghornDined on 6/14/2014Their bloody mary's are really tasty!! I recommend just on that alone.Special Features:
- Tasty & FreshSLinceDined on 6/10/2014If you want a bit of a seafood fix with fresh takes on vegetable dishes, this is your place. Love the Mussels & Truffled Fries, the Pecan Prawns, Beet salad, really enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Bday brunchUnhappyDined on 6/7/2014We have been to Fresh Bitsto MANY times in the past, both for brunch and also dinner. It was my wife's bday and so when I made reservations I had asked for a specail table away from other customers. When we arrived the place was nearly empty and we were sat right next to another table, mind you there were only 2 or 3 other tables w/ people. After looking over the menu, which about 4 of the 8 items available were pork dishes (my wife doesn't eat pork) we ordered the American bfast and the German bfast, as well as a Bloody Mary and a mimosa. The Bloody Mary was great, mimosa was mostly OJ. Our food took over 30 min in an empty reataurant and the service was very slow. Our food was awful. Eggs fried in oil and the temp was wrong. Very bland.
- Viking20Dined on 6/1/2014I felt like the quality of the food had slipped a bit compared to previous brunch experiences at Fresh Bistro. Two of my friends said their breakfast items were overcooked and cold. My Vietnamese crepe had a delicious filling but the crepe itself was kind of rubbery. The french toast was solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Brunch!KatkDined on 5/31/2014We recently sat out on their slice of outdoor patio seating, which although roadside and with some nearby construction right at the moment is nicely appointed, set aside with greenery and was lovely on a sunny day, and has heat lamps for evening, and had a great brunch - the Hawaiian breakfast is delectable with grilled tropical fruit and generous, spicy bloody Marys with attractive garnish, white linens yet you feel comfortable, etc. This really IS a neighborhood gem, can't wait to come back for apps and wine and dinner! Sure to be a fave! Tiny thing I'd change was the manager was a little irritated with a staff member, and it showed, which was a little uncomfortable just momentarily... but our experience with the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underappreciated Brunch SpotfrankusDined on 5/31/2014We went during peak brunch hours (10:30 on a Saturday) and the place was mostly empty. The food was excellent and pretty reasonably priced. It's in a new building so it doesn't have the character that some of the more popular West Seattle spots might, but it's a great place to go to avoid a line (for now) and get some great food.Special Features:
- Great Herban Feast foodyumyumyumDined on 5/30/20146 years ago, Herban Feast catered my wedding and, so, on our anniversary, my wife and I were craving the tasty and inventive food we enjoyed at our wedding (at Sodo Park). Fresh Bistro did not disappoint: the food is beautiful and delicious and the restaurant and staff were just right for our evening. We made a meal out of several small plates--the tuna/mango/avocado was our favorite! Maybe we'll make the trip out to West Seattle for our 7th anniversary!Special Features: