1800 E. Golf Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fresh1800.com/
- Phone: (847) 605-1234
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Spencer Wolff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Fresh 1800
Step into our bright, open atrium lobby and enjoy a panoramic view of the outdoor pool and garden courtyard from your table at Fresh 1800. Our foods are simply yet elegantly presented, using farm fresh ingredients whenever possible. Come and enjoy seasonally inspired, hand crafted dishes featuring the freshest of flavors enhanced by fresh herbs and vegetables from our on own gardensContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresh 1800 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Should have listened to the reviewsLuvfoodDined on 4/20/2014The brunch was blah. Not a huge selection especially for $39.95 per person! The only 2 things on the menu that were memorable was the French toast & bacon. Though the servers were very nice - they didn't come around much.Special Features:
- Secret JewelFoodieVIPDined on 3/26/2014I would have never thought to visit the local Hyatt's "Hotel Restaurant", because I travel for work frequently and the menus are typically the same, "Contemporary American", and the quality is average at best. I was pleasantly surprised. The quality of the food was incredible and it was prepared perfectly. On top of my great meal, the service was awesome. I will definitely visit Fresh 1800 again. OpenTable VIP for 12 years and I have never written a review. I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced hotel restaurantchicagofoodieVIPDined on 3/1/2014When I made the reservation, I didn't realize the restaurant was in a hotel. The bar was filled with out-of-towners and my family were the only diners at the restaurant. There was no waitstaff. We were waited on by the bartender who was very nice, but also very busy tending to his customers at the bar. I had the salmon and my husband had the short rib. Everything was very oily and super heavy. Even the steamed vegetables were soaked in oil. With all the restaurant options available in Chicago, I cannot recommend this restaurant to any Chicago foodie.
- Not WorthyCanditoDined on 2/28/2014I couldnt rate the food because we did not stay long enough. The resturant was very dated and seemed dusty, so we left our table and moved to the bar area since the overall appearance of the dining room turned us off completely. We ordered two Stellas from the tap but there was only enough for one and a half glasses so the bartender in his infinite wisdom filled the half empty glass with a botteled Stella, at this point I had seen enough and left.
- Saturday lunchWine4DinnerVIPDined on 2/15/2014This looked like a good choice from the offered options on Open Table, and the food was good and presented well. However, this restaurant is in the lobby of the Hyatt hotel (which is not listed in any of the Open Table description of Fresh 1800). In addition, there is absolutely no signage outside to announce this restaurant, so it resulted in driving all around looking for a separate building/restaurant. The place was a ghost town, as there was only one other person in the place when we were seated.
- We thought the decor was goodDateNightDined on 2/14/2014We thought the decor was good and the staff was very friendly. The menu was limited and it didn't warrant the high prices. My pasta dish was okay and my husband liked his pork chop, though his mashed potatoes were cold. I would not recommend it because I don't think the overall atmosphere and location of the restaurant deserved the prices it was asking...hotel restaurant that you enter through a back entrance.
- The food was very good andlisajoVIPDined on 2/10/2014The food was very good and prepared to our liking. The menu was very limited.Special Features:
- a surprising finddiceman22VIPDined on 11/8/2013This used to be a breakfast place a million years ago - so when we arrived I was afraid of what I had booked for 'Date Night' with my wife. Surprisingly, it turned out , pretty well. I had the pork chop which was very tasty and my wife had the Ahi Tuna, which was good although it was cold toward the middle. The waitress was fantastic.Special Features:
- Quiet dinner - here's the place!patsDined on 10/19/2013I had salmon on a bed of vegetables that was outstanding - I had to finish all of it! The restaurant is simple but elegant with the tables well-spaced. The waiter checked in but was not intrusive and allowed us to have a quiet dinner conversation without feeling rushed or bothered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you want QuietRows58VIPDined on 10/5/2013When we rode up and saw that this great sounding place was at the Hyatt we almost did a u turn but it was Saturday night and we were hungry. New reservations would mean a wait. The restaurant is right off the lobby and is bland in appearance. There are only tables (no booths) and the view we had was of an empty pool or the lobby...nothing that would create a good feeling. The waitress was delightful and the attention was great. The food was good and there was something for everyone. Prices were comparable to neighboring restaurants so we felt we got a good meal for a good price. Would I come back? In a pinch, or if I was in need of a very quiet, private conversation. When I consider all the great places nearby, it would be last on my list.
- VERY FRESH FOOD2foodiesVIPDined on 9/1/2013The chef was able to accommodate our request for "blackened" salmon, even though it was not on that evening's menu. It was absolutely delicious, as were the steamed vegetables and the fresh hot rolls. The garlic bread that accompanied the ceasar's salad was outstanding! Even though the ambience was not as inviting as we would have liked it, we highly recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2013Our waiter was excellent, had a good sense of humor and made for a great experience! It was a quite evening and we enjoyed that greatly as there was 5 of us and were able to sit and visit. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- OverallNandssDined on 6/30/2013Very enjoyable, the food was excellent as well as attentive wait staff, we would definitely return.Special Features:
- OK food but horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013Went to fresh 1800 for Mother's Day brunch with my family. Overall, thought that the buffet items were pretty good with a large selection. The real problem was the service. We were seated for at least 10 mins and received no help. I finally had to ask a waiter to get us some water, coffee and orange juice. Whenever we needed more coffee, I had to get up and get it myself because the waiter never came around to see if we needed anything. Never got champagne or mimosas as we were supposed to. Our used plates weren't picked up until we had already paid our bill. My impression was that they simply did not have enough help for the volume of patrons. Frankly, would never go back there for brunch after this experience.Special Features:
- Just a Hotel RestaurantAugcarrVIPDined on 5/7/2013Serviceable to get a bite to eat. Certainly better than a chain or fast food. But nothing to cross the street for.
- We, unfortunately, went onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013We, unfortunately, went on an evening where they had a "special menu" due to a large event that the hotel was hosting. The food was good but probably would have been much better on a normal night. The service was outstanding and the pace of the meal was perfect. The manager visited us twice to see how we were doing. We would try this place again.
- We're very happy we triedmillerVIPDined on 3/21/2013We're very happy we tried Fresh 1800. Food and service was very good. Also, they accommodated our requests to substitute. A very unique restaurant and setting. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- very good waiter & waitstaff.SweetWillieDined on 1/9/2013very good waiter & waitstaff. Actually cooked my burger to medium rare, which I was very pleased with.
- Poor communication betweenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012Poor communication between server and the kitchen - waited over 1 hour dishes and others in the same party received their food quickly. Did receive a discount on the total bill.
- First time at restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012First time at restaurant and was very impressed. Since it was Thanksgiving Day and both my mom and I didn't want to cook - this was a great find for dinner (buffet style). Service and food were very good. We were not rushed. Will definitely try again.Special Features:
- My brother and I were lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2012My brother and I were looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner. This place was convenient for both of us. The service was very good. Our table was ready when we arrived. The server was very attentive and answered all of our questions. This was a buffet dinner. All of the Thanksgiving staples were there. Turkey, ham and prime rib. Mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. Stuffing and green beans. They had a selection of cheeses and sausages, shrimp and salmon. A very nice dessert selection. All in all it filled our needs in a satisfying manner. May make it a regular Thanksgiving stop.Special Features:
- Nice place. Got there kindaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Nice place. Got there kinda early. Serivce was outstanding. Food was very good. Had all the essentials for Thanksgiving without being too obnoxiuos. Went home very stuffed indeed.Special Features:
- Other than a brief wait toeata7otVIPDined on 9/15/2012Other than a brief wait to be greeted at the door, the experience at Fresh 1800 was wonderful. Our waiter was attentive and charming, our food (grilled scallops and grilled salmon) was exceptionally good, and the setting was quiet and comfortable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Only a few patrons duringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2012Only a few patrons during time we were there. Service was very good, but may or may not be indication during a busy period.
- Fresh 1800 Is An Undiscovered GemAlittlebirdietoldyouDined on 8/17/2012What a little gem hidden away in the lobby of the Woodfield Hyatt! I never knew it was there until I saw the listing on Open Table. The menu was small but the offerings were surprisingly trendy with thought given to healthy options. The food was fresh, well-prepared and artfully plated. Rush over there while it's still summer so that you can enjoy the tomato-avocado salad -- it was a delight to both eye and tongue!Special Features:
- OVERALL FOR A RESTAURANT INYngrvrsVIPDined on 8/10/2012OVERALL FOR A RESTAURANT IN A HOTEL A+. LOST A STAR SINCE THERE WAS NO ONE WAITING IN LINE AND IT TOOK OVER 10 MINUTES TO SIT US. SPECIALITY TYPE FOODS. A DEFINITE REVISITSpecial Features:
- Good place for quiet conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2012This restaurant is one of the area's best-kept secrets. Its low profile inside a hotel is probably the reason, but don't let that stop you. While the menu may be limited, the food is excellent, some of it locally grown. There are rarely more than a few tables occupied, so getting in is no problem, and service is attentive.Special Features:
- staff very nice. server Jose.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2012staff very nice. server Jose. free desssert from manager.Special Features:
- Went on a Sunday evening forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/1/2012Went on a Sunday evening for a quiet dinner. There were just 4 people in the restaurant along with us, fairly common for hotel restaurants. Food was good and tasty. Waiter was first day alone on the job and he was a bit scared to be working solo. Nothing hugely positive or negative here, just an average place for decent solid food.
- Great find in our own backyard.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2012Food was outstanding, service as well.......could've had a larger menu....more selections. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- When we arrived for our 7pmDianeDined on 6/23/2012When we arrived for our 7pm reservation, we were the only ones in the entire restaurant. It felt awkward and strange. In addition, they only had 5 entree items to select from, and none of them sounded appealing. We expressed our feelings to the maitre'd and then left. Went to Wildfire and had an enjoyable dinner.
- The service was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2012The service was very good, food good but limited menu and we appreciated the quiet atmosphere that allowed the six of us to relax and enjoy some conversation. My guess is if the restaurant had more diners the noise level would have been higher so we did not mind the emptiness.Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2012Great food and service. The chicken wings are a must have!Special Features:
- My husband and I were in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012My husband and I were in the area and saw this on OpenTable, so decided to give it a try. We were NOT disappointed!! We were seated promptly by a very friendly and helpful waiter, who offered excellent service and recommendations. The food was truly fantastic from beginning to end - fresh, flavorful, great ingredients and delicious! We tried the King Salmon appetizer, which was wonderful! The steak salad was also excellent, and I very much enjoyed the chicken burger with just-warmed root chips (so yummy!). We will DEFINITELY be returning here! Note: The restaurant is inside the Hyatt, so go through the main entrance!!Special Features:
- I just ate at Fresh 1800 forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012I just ate at Fresh 1800 for the first time last week. I went with two friends for lunch and we all loved it! We ordered scallops as an appetizer and they were wonderful. We ordered salmon, tuna, and the cobb salad. All were excellent! The service was very good and I cannot wait to return for dinner with my husband.Special Features:
- Healthy AlternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2012Went with my wife on a Saturday afternoon. Staff greeting was very nice, even the chef who prepared the dishes, came out to greet us. The food is more for people looking for the healthy eating, which is different for me. My wife ordered Tuna Nicoise salad which was to her liking, I had a little taste and enjoyed. I had Wild Salmon with Capanata, which also was very good. I picked out the raisins, however, flavor and seasonings were on point. Neither entrees were fishy smelling or tasting. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012My husband and I enjoyed a quite dinner here on a Sunday night. We were seated immediately by the friendly host with a view of the pool. We were attended to almost instantly by our server who was a delight and engaged in conversation while still managing to care of us. We started with a glass of wine and some spicy chicken wings, which I would recommend to anyone. They were crispy and the sauce that complimented the wings made them delicious! For dinner, I ordered a steak salad and my husband a burger. Both entrees were cooked properly, served at the appropriate temperature, and were delicious! I have heard the desserts here are to die for, but we were too full to give it a try. I would recommend Fresh1800 to any one in Schaumburg!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/19/2012Terrific restaurant; great service, good food, and nice, quiet atmosphere. Don't let it stop you that it's inside the Hyatt Hotel...try it.Special Features: