8203 Coastal Hwy
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ocfrescos.com/
- Phone: 4105248202
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pino Tomasello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fresco's is the ideal atmosphere for a semi private or private function. Whether you’re looking to have an afternoon buffet luncheon, after work casual cocktail party, or a sit down 5 course meal, we can help you plan the perfect get-together. We can accommodate up to 200 people, which includes two semi–private dining rooms that seat up to 50 each. Your special occasion can even be combined with a Jive cocktail hour or after dinner dessert to give your party a funky spin.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Tomasello 4105248202
- Entertainment: Live Piano in Fresco's lounge Fri & Sat
Live music at adjacent Deck Martini bar (Jive) Fri & Sat nights April, May, Sept, Tues -Sat Jun-Aug
A word from Fresco's
On the Bay with a breathtaking view of the sunset, Fresco's is one of Ocean City's few premier restaurants. Open Year-round. Locally owned and operated by Pino Tomasello. Serving the finest Italian and American seafood, steaks and pasta in an intimate atmosphere with exceptional service. "Al Fresco" deck dining available in summer months. We would like to welcome you to visit what we feel like is our home. With over 50 years of combined culinary experience our chef's make every effort to serve you the freshest menu possible. Aside from our regular menu we strive to always offer you innovative daily specials. Our entire staff is dedicated to our purpose, which is to give you an all around excellent dining experience. With only the highest quality food and drink, excellent service and an amazing bay front atmosphere; our wish is to serve you well. We invite you to choose Frescos this evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Fresco's - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Fresco's reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (100)special occasion (83)romantic (75)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (24)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- continues to be our OC favoritelovepuppyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Always great food, SERVICE, and ambiance. The first and last place we go to eat in OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Fresco'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Wonderful as always. Views of the bay and a perfect sunset made for a perfect eveningSpecial Features:
- Outstanding DinnerLisaDined on 8/17/2014I love Fresco's. Bob is the most professional server hands down in Ocean City. I am sad to learn Fresco's will be closing and moving to a new location with a different menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happen to this place?LottafoodDined on 8/13/2014We've been coming here for years during vacation. We talk about the crab soup to everyone. The crab soup was significantly different in a bad way. We told the waiter and he said they couldn't get md crab this year and used something different. You would think, after complaining we wouldn't get charged, but we were charged. Most of our dinners had crab in it and dinner wasn't that good. If you can't get crab, don't serve something inferior and charge the same very high prices.Special Features:
- DisappointedSteveDined on 8/12/2014We have been going to Fresco' for a family dinner once a year. It is expensive but was always one of the best restaurants in Ocean City. Unfortunately, two of our party ordered $36 steaks and they were probably the worst steaks I ever had. They were cooked correctly but we're very tough. Everything else was very good.Special Features:
- A little DisappointingdavyoDined on 8/11/2014Fresco's had been highly recommended by a friend that has visited restaurant several times. Dining room was lovely and we were seated as requested near window with view of bay. Our server (Anthony) was excellent. He answered all of our questions about dishes on menu and the specials. The food was the low point. Appetizers and entrees were under-seasoned almost bland. Considering the prices I expected a lot more interesting flavors. The portions were ample so we took much of our dinners home and with a few creative additions enjoyed a great lunch from the leftovers. I understand this is the beach so prices will be high, but food quality should at least approach price points.
- Best Meal in Ocean CitynepahomesDined on 8/10/2014Felt like we stepped back in time...furnishings were a little dated...but that's what made it interesting. The food was excellent...the best Italian food in Ocean City. As a bonus, we had a front row seat for a magnificent sunset. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJSIIIDined on 8/9/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Ocean City to dine because you can rest assured that you will recieve excellant service and a wonderful food selection. That was the case on Saturday evening as we celebrated a special event.Special Features:
- favorite OC restaurantlovepuppyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The best restaurant in OC, MD. GREAT FOOD, SERVICE, WAITER, MICK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal!fishISgoodDined on 8/6/2014I love this place! A must do every vacation. We ordered the crab cakes and veal & lobster dinner. It was all sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go back every year!!!AndyfromPADined on 8/6/2014We found Fresco's about 12 years ago when we got engaged and we go back anytime we are in OC. The app special is phenomenal. Highly recommended the lobster fradiavlo. Little disappointed they dropped the pear and gorgonzola gnocchi from the menu. My wife loved that dish ;-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the top spots in Ocean CityShaneDined on 8/5/2014The food and service were excellent and there are always several specials. The view at sunset is spectacular. Plenty of free parking and a place we'll be back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alwys GreatSuperiorDined on 8/3/2014Great place, awesome food & superior service, thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- summersinocVIPDined on 8/1/2014Two of us had the tile fish special. It was inedible. We took a few bites and left the entire meal on the plate. Another guest had the ravioli's aned she left over half on her plate stating it was not very good. We will never come back; and have already told a few people not to dine at Fresco's
- DisappointingLocalmomDined on 8/1/2014The food was below average and the price was above average. Tripadvisor gives it high marks, which I just can't understand. In need of a facelift of decor, food and menu.Special Features:
- Sunset-sational!smileforthebirdyDined on 7/31/2014Beautiful Bay view of the sunset, superb, friendly service and the food was exceptional. I had the Veal Freasco--delish!--I would add a dollop of goat cheese, but otherwise perfection-and my husband said the crab cakes were the best!Special Features:
- Love this place!!KarolinaDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant has the best Italian food ever! Their fish is always delicious as well! Even simple garden salad is the bomb! I would recommend Fresco's to anybody who is willing to spend a little more $ but you will enjoy everything you get.Special Features:
- Exceptional!HappyInBelAirDined on 7/23/2014Took the wife out for our 19th Anniversary and could not have been more pleased! Online reservation process was quick, had a link to have flowers delivered! I do not recall the receptionists name, but her smile was radiant and welcomed us. We waited in the lounge and had a drink since we were a little early and the bar staff was top notch. Chris - not Tasty LOL - seated us with a great view of the bay and sunset. Our waitress Courtney was very gracious, patient, and made excellent suggestions for wine and the menu. The crab appetizer was O.M.G.! The spinach salad, salmon, and Delmonico were superb. We had no room for dessert BUT the coffee was very, very smooth. Can't wait to come back again - well worth the price :-) Mike & PattySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike POCLOCALDined on 7/23/2014Very dissapointed with the experience. Great server, but food was very over priced For the bland taste of both of our entrees. Great view of sunset. Would not recommend to others.Special Features:
- this place is always perfectgoodeatsDined on 7/20/2014I have been going here 13 years never had a bad experianceSpecial Features:
- One of the best in ocean cityFireplacesmylistDined on 7/19/2014Great food drinks and view. You wi not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Outstanding food. Varied menu. beautiful decor. Being a Friday evening, it was very busy. I am not sure if there was a shortage of waiters but our waiter was very hurried and did not give us the attention that I think was in order for such a lovely restaurant. I have been to Fresco's before and our waiter was very friendly and warm which added to our dining experience. Overall, we enjoyed the food and Fresco's.Special Features:
- A Gem in Ocean CityFeedMeSeymourDined on 7/17/2014My family and I vacationed in Ocean City this year and my wife's birthday fell on a weeknight. I decided to take her and my little ones (7 & 9) out for a nice dinner to celebrate. This was our first visit to Ocean City and we did not know what to expect, but was very pleasantly surprised. I made a reservation in advance and mentioned the occasion, and we were seated with a view of the bay. The sunset alone was worth the price! The food and service was top notch; and there was a piano player in the bar area playing great background music. Fresco's is not your typical vacation resort "mess hall"; so dress accordingly (not a suit & tie, but neat). We will be back again next year and Fresco's will be our fine dining night out!Special Features:
- Old fashioned setting - great foodMaritarDined on 7/13/2014We had a wonderful meal on our first night of vacation and a celebration for our dinner companions. The server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food was simply delicious and well priced. We enjoyed the piano music - it made the night feel really special!Special Features:
- joeloeDined on 7/12/2014overall a great place to dine ( even with the summer crowds)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, perfect ambiance!Foof4thoughtDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I eat here often. Always a great experience. Food is wonderful, view is spectacular! Service is always good. Our favorite server is Mickey. I don't know what OCMD without this fine restaurant. We come year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Spectacular views!BaxterDined on 7/5/2014We try to dine here frequently during our "as often as possible"visits to Ocean City. The bayside views are breathtaking especially near sunset. The food is consistently outstanding as is the service. This restaurant should be on your "don't miss" list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special July 5, 2014 celebrationCairyDined on 7/5/2014We had an outstanding waiter, one of the best we've ever had. The view was beautiful even though we weren't seated next to the window. The food was really delicious and very fresh, incl. the jumbo lump crab appetizer with fresh large chunks of crab. Fantastic!Special Features:
- HorribleAnonymousDined on 7/4/2014Went there for Friday dinner on July 4th weekend. The service was okay but I would not consider it upper class service. Food is awful and the prices did not reflect the quality you recieved. We had a dish that did not come out cooked well. My wife took one bite and sent it back. The manager sent our server out to say "If it wasnt temperature of the food it is not the chef's problem. We would be happy to wrap it up in a bag for you to take home." Unprofessional to say the least. I would NOT recommend this to anyone.
- Great dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was great, service was fantastic and Sunset view was perfect.Special Features:
- the best meal everlovepuppyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Gone to Fresco's many times, each time great meal, this time the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has changedjulyDined on 7/1/2014Have been going to Fresco's for years. For returning customers we were very disappointed in the food. My daughter was taking me to dinner for my Bday. Crab app and Grilled Calamari app was very good. Lobster dish with pasta not worth getting at All. I eat Lobster all the time and I almost want to say it was a chewing fish and tasted like fish. The spicy sauce was good and helped hide the fish taste. They were not that crowded and the chef should of never let the dish come out of the kitchen. The other 2 dishes were just OK, fish not real hot . Very disappointed Bday dinner.Special Features:
- NOT THE SAMEGuidoDined on 7/1/2014Fresco's use to be one of our favorites, and we recommended frequently. Something changed. The crab cakes, previously rated the best in OC, are no longer the best. The service was good, but again something changed. We would still recommend Fresco's, but we would not give it the high praise we had in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great way to end our daycynchvalDined on 7/1/2014we came from southern Delaware to celebrate our 30th anniversary...it was a great Italian restaurant which are hard to find in this area and it was a great experience.....from the conversation with the hostess, my paesana, to the great food and view.Special Features:
- Always a winner @ Fresco'sPhillygalDined on 6/28/2014another wonderful dining experience @ Fresco's This was especially nice for me to celebrate my birthday with members of my family. From the minute we entered we received gracious hospitality, our table was ready (we did have a reservation) and the table was exactly as we requested, by the window. Dinner was beautifully prepared for all choices, as was the signature crab/prosciutto appetizer, a real treat. I must say the Vodka martini was probably the best I have ever had. (thank you for that) Our server Allison was with us the whole time, addressing all of our needs, yet not intrusive. Thanks for a lovely evening and birthday . We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastefulFoodie65Dined on 6/26/2014My wife and I have dined here before as we are "locals". We were entertaining an out of town guest who had heard how good the food is. ( from us and others) We feel like this restaurant is a hidden treasure. Very different than one would expect at the beach. The crab appetizer we ordered was THE BEST we have ever eaten. So much crab meat! Outstanding! We recommend anyone looking for a lovely meal out... birthday, anniversary, special occasion or just as we did, take a friend out for a wonderful meal, Frescos is the place in OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique preparation of fresh dishes.Dor14kDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food, uniquely prepared. Fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014Food and service was excellent, but a bit pricey. View of the bay at sunset was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, service great,BigDonDined on 6/21/2014Vibrant atmosphere on a Saturday night, Great food, excellent services, reasonable prices for OCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been several times over the last 5 years. It was very noisy and the food was good, but not great like times in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.