8203 Coastal Hwy
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ocfrescos.com/
- Phone: 4105248202
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pino Tomasello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fresco's is the ideal atmosphere for a semi private or private function. Whether you’re looking to have an afternoon buffet luncheon, after work casual cocktail party, or a sit down 5 course meal, we can help you plan the perfect get-together. We can accommodate up to 200 people, which includes two semi–private dining rooms that seat up to 50 each. Your special occasion can even be combined with a Jive cocktail hour or after dinner dessert to give your party a funky spin.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Tomasello 4105248202
- Entertainment: Live Piano in Fresco's lounge Fri & Sat
Live music at adjacent Deck Martini bar (Jive) Fri & Sat nights April, May, Sept, Tues -Sat Jun-Aug
A word from Fresco's
On the Bay with a breathtaking view of the sunset, Fresco's is one of Ocean City's few premier restaurants. Open Year-round. Locally owned and operated by Pino Tomasello. Serving the finest Italian and American seafood, steaks and pasta in an intimate atmosphere with exceptional service. "Al Fresco" deck dining available in summer months. We would like to welcome you to visit what we feel like is our home. With over 50 years of combined culinary experience our chef's make every effort to serve you the freshest menu possible. Aside from our regular menu we strive to always offer you innovative daily specials. Our entire staff is dedicated to our purpose, which is to give you an all around excellent dining experience. With only the highest quality food and drink, excellent service and an amazing bay front atmosphere; our wish is to serve you well. We invite you to choose Frescos this evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fresco's - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Fresco's reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (103)special occasion (84)romantic (81)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (31)good for groups (24)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Sorry to see it leaveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014A reliable spot to stop yearly. Sorry to hear its closingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emp1954Dined on 9/18/2014Overall very nice and food wonderful. Only negative booked reservation for 60th birthday and wasn't really recognized by the reasturantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beerman3Dined on 9/13/2014sorry to hear that the restaurant is being sold the end of next month - Oct 2014Special Features:
- One of best in OCbirds2goDined on 9/13/2014One of the best in OC. Good food and service. Even in off season must make reservation way ahead to get best view table. A bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & Service!BBushLaf2DayDined on 9/12/2014I wanted to find a romantic setting dinner for two and Fresco's was spot on! Beautiful sunset overlooking the Bay in Ocean City, MD. This was our first time at Fresco's, but it most definitely won't be our last time! The food was amazing - Salmon cooked to perfection with roasted asparagus and covered with a light cream sauce with huge lump crabmeat and my husband had the 32 oz steak that was also perfectly done medium rare. . . The piano playing softly in the background and seated by the window watching the sunset made for a fantastic dinner out. Thank you for a wonderful dinner and experience. Hard to find great quality of food and outstanding service, but this restaurant has it all. Would highly recommend dining at Fresco's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best at the beachCaribbeanFrankDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food; excellent service; good choices; excellent specials. Overall great BUT a little spendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant with a viewMDMike78Dined on 9/8/2014Food was fantastic and service was on point! Great view overlooking the Bay, and although the weather didn't cooperate during our visit, would be great view of sunset. The only problem I had was the parking. We had dinner reservations at 6:30, and there was absolutely no parking. They do have an adjacent "grassy area" that was also full. So we ended up having to park almost a full block away. As it turns out, the bar/club that is attached (but separate from restaurant) was the culprit. The restaurant was not even half full...So other than parking being a problem, I would definitely recommend Fresco's for a nice dinner with a view...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donomiteDined on 9/6/2014We had been to Fresco's two years ago when visiting Ocean City MD and it was great so when we returned last weekend we knew we wanted to go back and was not disappointed ! I am expecially in love with the grilled calamari yum...would love to have the recipe although I think I can figure out most of it was the best !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Husband's birthday dinner. Arrival at 6:30-finished before 8:00 for 7 people. Felt rushed. Was not a pleasant evening. Food was ok, to expensive. Do not order grilled calamari came out cold, very small plate of the smoke salmon. After appetizers were ordered, 5 mins later server was asking for dinner selection. Tried to slow down service by not being ready to order dinner. Didn't matter, less than 10 mins after appetizers were cleared, dinner was served. I would not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceDrGOVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been here several times and food is always great. The crab appetizer is a must, but it's not on the menu. The chocolate martini for dessert was perfect. Can't wait to go back for sunset dinner again.Special Features:
- ExcellentGenoDined on 9/3/2014Always good food and service. Great Sunset. Will return as long as Frescos is in businessSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My favorite Restaurant!! I go every time I am in Ocean City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!ALROVIPDined on 8/27/2014Excellent service, and delicious food. We always enjot Fresco'sSpecial Features:
- worst everlovepuppyVIPDined on 8/25/2014After years of bring our favorite OC restaurant, we had the worst meal ever, tasteless food, unsympathetic manager, and disappointment. Rumors have it that it is closing soon, but that's no excuse for this change.
- Wonderful Dinnerfoodie322Dined on 8/20/2014We were in OCMD on vacation for a week but only had a sitter for one night. After doing a search for restaurants on the water I found several reviews for Fresco's. It had been given over 4 stars in many of the reviews, so I made a reservation. The restaurant is beautiful and right on the bay. I wish we had made an earlier reservation so that we could have watched the sunset. Everything was outstanding! The wine the server recommended was great (fume blanc), the soup, salad, entrees and dessert were all out of this world. If you do decide to get dessert, the Bumble Berry pie is a must!Special Features:
- continues to be our OC favoritelovepuppyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Always great food, SERVICE, and ambiance. The first and last place we go to eat in OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Fresco'semcghayDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful as always. Views of the bay and a perfect sunset made for a perfect eveningSpecial Features:
- Outstanding DinnerLisaDined on 8/17/2014I love Fresco's. Bob is the most professional server hands down in Ocean City. I am sad to learn Fresco's will be closing and moving to a new location with a different menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happen to this place?LottafoodDined on 8/13/2014We've been coming here for years during vacation. We talk about the crab soup to everyone. The crab soup was significantly different in a bad way. We told the waiter and he said they couldn't get md crab this year and used something different. You would think, after complaining we wouldn't get charged, but we were charged. Most of our dinners had crab in it and dinner wasn't that good. If you can't get crab, don't serve something inferior and charge the same very high prices.Special Features:
- DisappointedSteveDined on 8/12/2014We have been going to Fresco' for a family dinner once a year. It is expensive but was always one of the best restaurants in Ocean City. Unfortunately, two of our party ordered $36 steaks and they were probably the worst steaks I ever had. They were cooked correctly but we're very tough. Everything else was very good.Special Features:
- A little DisappointingdavyoDined on 8/11/2014Fresco's had been highly recommended by a friend that has visited restaurant several times. Dining room was lovely and we were seated as requested near window with view of bay. Our server (Anthony) was excellent. He answered all of our questions about dishes on menu and the specials. The food was the low point. Appetizers and entrees were under-seasoned almost bland. Considering the prices I expected a lot more interesting flavors. The portions were ample so we took much of our dinners home and with a few creative additions enjoyed a great lunch from the leftovers. I understand this is the beach so prices will be high, but food quality should at least approach price points.
- Best Meal in Ocean CitynepahomesDined on 8/10/2014Felt like we stepped back in time...furnishings were a little dated...but that's what made it interesting. The food was excellent...the best Italian food in Ocean City. As a bonus, we had a front row seat for a magnificent sunset. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJSIIIDined on 8/9/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Ocean City to dine because you can rest assured that you will recieve excellant service and a wonderful food selection. That was the case on Saturday evening as we celebrated a special event.Special Features:
- favorite OC restaurantlovepuppyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The best restaurant in OC, MD. GREAT FOOD, SERVICE, WAITER, MICK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal!fishISgoodDined on 8/6/2014I love this place! A must do every vacation. We ordered the crab cakes and veal & lobster dinner. It was all sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go back every year!!!AndyfromPADined on 8/6/2014We found Fresco's about 12 years ago when we got engaged and we go back anytime we are in OC. The app special is phenomenal. Highly recommended the lobster fradiavlo. Little disappointed they dropped the pear and gorgonzola gnocchi from the menu. My wife loved that dish ;-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the top spots in Ocean CityShaneDined on 8/5/2014The food and service were excellent and there are always several specials. The view at sunset is spectacular. Plenty of free parking and a place we'll be back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alwys GreatSuperiorVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great place, awesome food & superior service, thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- summersinocVIPDined on 8/1/2014Two of us had the tile fish special. It was inedible. We took a few bites and left the entire meal on the plate. Another guest had the ravioli's aned she left over half on her plate stating it was not very good. We will never come back; and have already told a few people not to dine at Fresco's
- DisappointingLocalmomDined on 8/1/2014The food was below average and the price was above average. Tripadvisor gives it high marks, which I just can't understand. In need of a facelift of decor, food and menu.Special Features:
- Sunset-sational!smileforthebirdyDined on 7/31/2014Beautiful Bay view of the sunset, superb, friendly service and the food was exceptional. I had the Veal Freasco--delish!--I would add a dollop of goat cheese, but otherwise perfection-and my husband said the crab cakes were the best!Special Features:
- Love this place!!KarolinaDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant has the best Italian food ever! Their fish is always delicious as well! Even simple garden salad is the bomb! I would recommend Fresco's to anybody who is willing to spend a little more $ but you will enjoy everything you get.Special Features:
- Exceptional!HappyInBelAirDined on 7/23/2014Took the wife out for our 19th Anniversary and could not have been more pleased! Online reservation process was quick, had a link to have flowers delivered! I do not recall the receptionists name, but her smile was radiant and welcomed us. We waited in the lounge and had a drink since we were a little early and the bar staff was top notch. Chris - not Tasty LOL - seated us with a great view of the bay and sunset. Our waitress Courtney was very gracious, patient, and made excellent suggestions for wine and the menu. The crab appetizer was O.M.G.! The spinach salad, salmon, and Delmonico were superb. We had no room for dessert BUT the coffee was very, very smooth. Can't wait to come back again - well worth the price :-) Mike & PattySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike POCLOCALDined on 7/23/2014Very dissapointed with the experience. Great server, but food was very over priced For the bland taste of both of our entrees. Great view of sunset. Would not recommend to others.Special Features:
- this place is always perfectgoodeatsDined on 7/20/2014I have been going here 13 years never had a bad experianceSpecial Features:
- One of the best in ocean cityFireplacesmylistDined on 7/19/2014Great food drinks and view. You wi not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Outstanding food. Varied menu. beautiful decor. Being a Friday evening, it was very busy. I am not sure if there was a shortage of waiters but our waiter was very hurried and did not give us the attention that I think was in order for such a lovely restaurant. I have been to Fresco's before and our waiter was very friendly and warm which added to our dining experience. Overall, we enjoyed the food and Fresco's.Special Features:
- A Gem in Ocean CityFeedMeSeymourDined on 7/17/2014My family and I vacationed in Ocean City this year and my wife's birthday fell on a weeknight. I decided to take her and my little ones (7 & 9) out for a nice dinner to celebrate. This was our first visit to Ocean City and we did not know what to expect, but was very pleasantly surprised. I made a reservation in advance and mentioned the occasion, and we were seated with a view of the bay. The sunset alone was worth the price! The food and service was top notch; and there was a piano player in the bar area playing great background music. Fresco's is not your typical vacation resort "mess hall"; so dress accordingly (not a suit & tie, but neat). We will be back again next year and Fresco's will be our fine dining night out!Special Features:
- Old fashioned setting - great foodMaritarDined on 7/13/2014We had a wonderful meal on our first night of vacation and a celebration for our dinner companions. The server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food was simply delicious and well priced. We enjoyed the piano music - it made the night feel really special!Special Features:
- joeloeDined on 7/12/2014overall a great place to dine ( even with the summer crowds)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.