8203 Coastal Hwy
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ocfrescos.com/
- Phone: 4105248202
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pino Tomasello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fresco's is the ideal atmosphere for a semi private or private function. Whether you’re looking to have an afternoon buffet luncheon, after work casual cocktail party, or a sit down 5 course meal, we can help you plan the perfect get-together. We can accommodate up to 200 people, which includes two semi–private dining rooms that seat up to 50 each. Your special occasion can even be combined with a Jive cocktail hour or after dinner dessert to give your party a funky spin.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Tomasello 4105248202
- Entertainment: Live Piano in Fresco's lounge Fri & Sat
Live music at adjacent Deck Martini bar (Jive) Fri & Sat nights April, May, Sept, Tues -Sat Jun-Aug
A word from Fresco's
On the Bay with a breathtaking view of the sunset, Fresco's is one of Ocean City's few premier restaurants. Open Year-round. Locally owned and operated by Pino Tomasello. Serving the finest Italian and American seafood, steaks and pasta in an intimate atmosphere with exceptional service. "Al Fresco" deck dining available in summer months. We would like to welcome you to visit what we feel like is our home. With over 50 years of combined culinary experience our chef's make every effort to serve you the freshest menu possible. Aside from our regular menu we strive to always offer you innovative daily specials. Our entire staff is dedicated to our purpose, which is to give you an all around excellent dining experience. With only the highest quality food and drink, excellent service and an amazing bay front atmosphere; our wish is to serve you well. We invite you to choose Frescos this evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Fresco's - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Fresco's reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)special occasion (80)romantic (79)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (28)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Sorry to see them move to West OCOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Great place with bay view! Food was fantastic. Crab appetizer was to die for... We'll be looking for the new place in West OC.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service.WallyDined on 10/17/2014Love this restaurant. The view overlooking the bay at sunset is breathtaking. Service and food outstanding. Staff very attentive to our table. So very sorry to learn the restaurant is closing permanently.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulSydneyVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had another great time dining at Fresco's. Our server Mic took excellent care of us as always. We will miss dining at this location -- you can't beat the view!Special Features:
- We'll Miss ItOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Sorry they have only 1 more weekend. Looking forward to their reopening in 2015, albeit in a new location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making Way for the High RiseBeachbumsDined on 10/7/2014I can't recommend this restaurant as they will be closing in a couple of weeks for good. I would imagine High Rise/Condo's will built in the spot. I understand they will be relocating to West Ocean City, the new location is too far away and will not be going there.Special Features:
- ImpressedDined on 10/7/2014Nearly all aspects equaled or exceeded our expectations. And we will return.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in OCRayG7Dined on 10/4/2014This is clearly the best and finest restaurant in Ocean City. The food is outstanding and high end. The service is perfect with professional wait staff that know and understand fine dining. Piano music is wonderful. The scenic view is superb. Don't miss this rare gem in the Ocean City area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichieDined on 10/4/2014Service was great. Food Excellent. We have been there several times during the last couple of years and have always enjoyed it. A great place to enjoy the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinglhoboyDined on 10/4/2014The food was ok but not worthy of the praise it receives from local residents.Special Features:
- Great but they are closing for goodLLV2VIPDined on 10/1/2014Waiter of ten years was somewhat rude but his pace was great! Maybe ge didn't like working on his anniversary or the fact that the restaurant was closing? Caesar salad and crab soup were excellent as was the veal and lobster. Too bad there are only a few weeks left. A good 14 year run under this ownership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're glad it was recommended to usSandraDined on 9/29/2014We had been told it was one of the best restaurants in Ocean City, and we were glad we ate there. The dining room is beautiful and the service was excellent and friendly. Appetizer special - crab and prosciutto - delicious. Drinks were good too - and some nice unusual cocktail choices. One of the few establishments to open year-round in OC.Special Features:
- Sorry to see it leaveNJBobDined on 9/19/2014A reliable spot to stop yearly. Sorry to hear its closingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emp1954Dined on 9/18/2014Overall very nice and food wonderful. Only negative booked reservation for 60th birthday and wasn't really recognized by the reasturantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014I have been to Fresco's several times and it NEVER disappoints. Food, service, atmosphere are always terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beerman3Dined on 9/13/2014sorry to hear that the restaurant is being sold the end of next month - Oct 2014Special Features:
- One of best in OCbirds2goDined on 9/13/2014One of the best in OC. Good food and service. Even in off season must make reservation way ahead to get best view table. A bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & Service!BBushLaf2DayDined on 9/12/2014I wanted to find a romantic setting dinner for two and Fresco's was spot on! Beautiful sunset overlooking the Bay in Ocean City, MD. This was our first time at Fresco's, but it most definitely won't be our last time! The food was amazing - Salmon cooked to perfection with roasted asparagus and covered with a light cream sauce with huge lump crabmeat and my husband had the 32 oz steak that was also perfectly done medium rare. . . The piano playing softly in the background and seated by the window watching the sunset made for a fantastic dinner out. Thank you for a wonderful dinner and experience. Hard to find great quality of food and outstanding service, but this restaurant has it all. Would highly recommend dining at Fresco's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best at the beachCaribbeanFrankDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food; excellent service; good choices; excellent specials. Overall great BUT a little spendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant with a viewMDMike78Dined on 9/8/2014Food was fantastic and service was on point! Great view overlooking the Bay, and although the weather didn't cooperate during our visit, would be great view of sunset. The only problem I had was the parking. We had dinner reservations at 6:30, and there was absolutely no parking. They do have an adjacent "grassy area" that was also full. So we ended up having to park almost a full block away. As it turns out, the bar/club that is attached (but separate from restaurant) was the culprit. The restaurant was not even half full...So other than parking being a problem, I would definitely recommend Fresco's for a nice dinner with a view...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donomiteDined on 9/6/2014We had been to Fresco's two years ago when visiting Ocean City MD and it was great so when we returned last weekend we knew we wanted to go back and was not disappointed ! I am expecially in love with the grilled calamari yum...would love to have the recipe although I think I can figure out most of it was the best !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Husband's birthday dinner. Arrival at 6:30-finished before 8:00 for 7 people. Felt rushed. Was not a pleasant evening. Food was ok, to expensive. Do not order grilled calamari came out cold, very small plate of the smoke salmon. After appetizers were ordered, 5 mins later server was asking for dinner selection. Tried to slow down service by not being ready to order dinner. Didn't matter, less than 10 mins after appetizers were cleared, dinner was served. I would not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceDrGOVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been here several times and food is always great. The crab appetizer is a must, but it's not on the menu. The chocolate martini for dessert was perfect. Can't wait to go back for sunset dinner again.Special Features:
- ExcellentGenoDined on 9/3/2014Always good food and service. Great Sunset. Will return as long as Frescos is in businessSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My favorite Restaurant!! I go every time I am in Ocean City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!ALROVIPDined on 8/27/2014Excellent service, and delicious food. We always enjot Fresco'sSpecial Features:
- worst everlovepuppyVIPDined on 8/25/2014After years of bring our favorite OC restaurant, we had the worst meal ever, tasteless food, unsympathetic manager, and disappointment. Rumors have it that it is closing soon, but that's no excuse for this change.
- Wonderful Dinnerfoodie322Dined on 8/20/2014We were in OCMD on vacation for a week but only had a sitter for one night. After doing a search for restaurants on the water I found several reviews for Fresco's. It had been given over 4 stars in many of the reviews, so I made a reservation. The restaurant is beautiful and right on the bay. I wish we had made an earlier reservation so that we could have watched the sunset. Everything was outstanding! The wine the server recommended was great (fume blanc), the soup, salad, entrees and dessert were all out of this world. If you do decide to get dessert, the Bumble Berry pie is a must!Special Features:
- continues to be our OC favoritelovepuppyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Always great food, SERVICE, and ambiance. The first and last place we go to eat in OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Fresco'semcghayDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful as always. Views of the bay and a perfect sunset made for a perfect eveningSpecial Features:
- Outstanding DinnerLisaDined on 8/17/2014I love Fresco's. Bob is the most professional server hands down in Ocean City. I am sad to learn Fresco's will be closing and moving to a new location with a different menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacation dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014This was a great way to end our week vacation, with class and great food. This was the high light of our ocean city MD. Dinning experienceSpecial Features:
- What happen to this place?LottafoodDined on 8/13/2014We've been coming here for years during vacation. We talk about the crab soup to everyone. The crab soup was significantly different in a bad way. We told the waiter and he said they couldn't get md crab this year and used something different. You would think, after complaining we wouldn't get charged, but we were charged. Most of our dinners had crab in it and dinner wasn't that good. If you can't get crab, don't serve something inferior and charge the same very high prices.Special Features:
- DisappointedSteveDined on 8/12/2014We have been going to Fresco' for a family dinner once a year. It is expensive but was always one of the best restaurants in Ocean City. Unfortunately, two of our party ordered $36 steaks and they were probably the worst steaks I ever had. They were cooked correctly but we're very tough. Everything else was very good.Special Features:
- A little DisappointingdavyoDined on 8/11/2014Fresco's had been highly recommended by a friend that has visited restaurant several times. Dining room was lovely and we were seated as requested near window with view of bay. Our server (Anthony) was excellent. He answered all of our questions about dishes on menu and the specials. The food was the low point. Appetizers and entrees were under-seasoned almost bland. Considering the prices I expected a lot more interesting flavors. The portions were ample so we took much of our dinners home and with a few creative additions enjoyed a great lunch from the leftovers. I understand this is the beach so prices will be high, but food quality should at least approach price points.
- Best Meal in Ocean CitynepahomesDined on 8/10/2014Felt like we stepped back in time...furnishings were a little dated...but that's what made it interesting. The food was excellent...the best Italian food in Ocean City. As a bonus, we had a front row seat for a magnificent sunset. A perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJSIIIDined on 8/9/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Ocean City to dine because you can rest assured that you will recieve excellant service and a wonderful food selection. That was the case on Saturday evening as we celebrated a special event.Special Features:
- favorite OC restaurantlovepuppyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The best restaurant in OC, MD. GREAT FOOD, SERVICE, WAITER, MICK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place and good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Food is good. We've had dinner for the each of the past 3 summers. Service and food has been very good each time.Special Features:
- Another excellent meal!fishISgoodDined on 8/6/2014I love this place! A must do every vacation. We ordered the crab cakes and veal & lobster dinner. It was all sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go back every year!!!AndyfromPADined on 8/6/2014We found Fresco's about 12 years ago when we got engaged and we go back anytime we are in OC. The app special is phenomenal. Highly recommended the lobster fradiavlo. Little disappointed they dropped the pear and gorgonzola gnocchi from the menu. My wife loved that dish ;-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.