Frescos Seafood Trattoria - Cape May
412 Bank Street
Cape May, NJ 08204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Frescos Seafood Trattoria - Cape May
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frescoscapemay.com/
- Phone: (609) 884-0366
- Hours of Operation:
Currently closed for the Season, will re-open May 2015
When in Season, Dinner served Nightly from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Call for Larger Parties 609.884.0366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Badger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room can seat fifty guests. Small groups of twelve to sixteen guests can be accommodated in a semi-private area of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Saign 6098848884x
A word from Frescos Seafood Trattoria - Cape May
In the heart of the Historic District, Frescos occupies an 1880 Victorian cottage. On the candlelit veranda, or in the coolness of the Mediteranean inspired dining rooms, you imagine yourself at a small trattoria in Tuscany, or sampling the finest of local seafood at a Mediterranean cafe. From the seafood and homemade pastas of the South to the elegant sauces, meats, and veal of the North, Frescos is a culinary adventure tour of Italy. Frescos' award-winning young Chef Joseph Badger takes as his palette the incredible variety of fresh local seafood, and bountiful local produce, bringing a richness and creativity to the menu-- a dazzling display of shrimp, lobster, seafoods and pastas, and desserts that make guests exclaim with delight. One of ZAGAT'S "Top Italian Restaurants in America," and Voted "Best Italian Restaurant in Southern New Jersey 2012," by NJ Monthly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Frescos Seafood Trattoria - Cape May - Best Restaurants in Cape May ›
Frescos Seafood Trattoria - Cape May reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (65)special occasion (46)romantic (45)good for groups (18)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Cute place.Dmc1113VIPDined on 8/23/2014Frescos is a cute neighborhood restuarant right near Washington Square. So great for a little shopping and then off the Square to dine. It's an old house with a lot of little rooms so it's very quaint and The fried olives were so good. Our dinners not so much,I had Spaghetti Omuntiacata, good but a little dry. My husband had OssoBuco, it didn't look very good, bland and boring. Looked very soupy over the risotto . He said it was the worse meal he's had in a long time! We each had Gelato for desert, our waiter made an exception with the coconut gelato since it wasn't part of the flavors on menu but on the side of another dessert. Pricey,three small scoops were $10.00 each. Overall a little pricey and not sure if we will return.Special Features:
- Good find in Cape May111514Dined on 8/22/2014The fried olives were delicious and a great start to a meal. The salmon was good- a tad overcooked and over seasoned but the presentation was pretty. My fiance had the beef tagliata and he enjoyed it. We did not have dessert but ordered a coffee and a cappuccino and they were great. Overall, it was a nice atmosphere- great for a romantic night out, family outing or just casual dining.Special Features:
- Fine FoodDavid04Dined on 8/21/2014We loved it! The food was high quality. Service was great the wait staff asked us at what pace we would like our food served not just rushed out to the table like a factory it made for a leisurely dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! Teenagers loved it!costumemamaDined on 8/18/2014We were seated promptly, ambiance was so pleasant. Our server was terrific. Our teenagers ordered very adult dishes and loved them. Will return when we head back to Cape May!Special Features:
- JulesVIPDined on 8/18/2014Good food, very nice to our small kids. Server michael was the best part. Made us feel very at home! Would request him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fine diningluvtoeatDined on 8/16/2014The service and food was very good! We really enjoyed ourselves. It is a little expensive but great for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Dinner at Frescos was wonderful. We went with our two young children. The waiter was extremely attentive and respectful of all of us. The food was very enjoyable, especially the fried olives. We would definitely return on our next visit to Cape May.Special Features:
- GreatJcaroDined on 8/14/2014Service was great, food was great. One of our favorites in cape may.
- Would not returnWolfNJDined on 8/14/2014Typical tourist rest.- average food with low level service. Poor staff attitude shown from the person at the front entrance , to the seater and waiter. Food was inconsistent ranging from insultingly small appetizers to under cooked meat to very good Seafood FraDiavolo. Would not consider returning. Too bad, given the excellent location and very charming Victorian .Special Features:
- FrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had fried olives as an appetizer, they were really good. Was something different we never had before. Open face lasagna was delicious . Very lite. Was different than typical lasagne. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGBonnieDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant never fails, it is fantastic and our waitress was wonderful, she knows her stuff and while telling us about the menu and the specials it made us even more hungry. Well done.Special Features:
- Delicious!KEITHHDined on 8/12/2014Fooda was unbelievable! Best Italian meal I've had in quite some time. A leaky vent dripped on my head, but I can overlook it because of the meal! You have to get the homemade sorbet for dessert.Special Features:
- creative and deliciousmdm9802Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed all of our three courses. They were all creative and inventive flavor combinations. We both had the dinner specials. The flour less chocolate cake was so light and delicate unlike many others I have tried. I especially enjoyed the Sacchetti Intossicato pasta appetizer. Little filled purses of pasta.Special Features:
- Interesting findEatoutDined on 8/11/2014Other than a mix up on the reservation, the service was attentive, menu options varied and food was above average for Cape May. I had the stuffed veal chop which was worth the $30 price tag. My wife had the seared tuna cooked perfectly. Kids are pasta and salmon both finished everything.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!dpk86Dined on 8/11/2014This was our 2nd time back to Fresco's, both times our meal was delicious! We arrived a bit early but we didn't have to wait long before our table was ready. Our server was friendly and greeted us right away. Our food was served in a timely manner, with just the right amount of time in between courses. Our only small complaint was that there was a large table next to us and with being on the 2nd floor with a peaked ceiling, it was at times too loud, so loud that we had to ask our server several times to repeat the specials. Other than that, fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good but not superb this yearNyNjdineDined on 8/9/2014We usually eat at Frescos two times on our annual weekly trip to Cape May as it is one of my all time favorites. We went on Saturday night and while the food is still top notch and the service excellent I just feel like it wasn't hitting on all cylinders. Perhaps because it was a Saturday night but it was hectic and when we went to place an order for appetizers before our meal we were told:"you must place your main course entree order at the same time as appetizers". I found that annoying as we are on vacation and I didn't want to feel rushed. I won't go a second time this week, as I have done in the past....too many other places to dine. Hopefully next year all will be perfection again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocoVIPDined on 8/9/2014Lovely staff. Felt rushed. Decor nice. Food was either too spicy/hot or bland. Has potential.Special Features:
- Cape May gets a Quality InfusionDrDdinesVIPDined on 8/8/2014It may not be known as well as its twin or as well as some other established Cape May eateries, such as The Ebbit Room, but Frescos is a star and has earned its rightful place as a top choice for local and vacationers to very southern Jersey. Tasty and diverse offerings in an energetic atmosphere. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome for couples!achefguyDined on 8/8/2014great food awesome service... they made it a wonderful evening! My girl and I really enjoyed it all!Special Features:
- Nice Dinner at FrescosProgessiveRockFan1Dined on 8/7/2014We visit Cape May every summer and often enjoy a dinner at Frescos. We enjoyed the Caesar and Mediterranean salads and the Seafood Fra Diavolo (was craving some pasta) and the Swordfish Piccata. Nice sized portions as well. Its a BYOB so enjoy one of your favorite wines with a great dinner. The crowd is a mix of couples and families. It was very busy the evening we were their and our server did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful experience at Fresco's. My salmon was cooked perfectly and our server was exceptional.Special Features:
- Local and disappointed!ChefsWifeDined on 8/5/2014As locals we've heard about 410 Bank St. for years and could not wait to try their "sister" restaurant Frescos. We really didnt mind the almost hour wait for our table. Even the sub-par service from the waiter didnt upset us..... It was when we had to send back 1 of our entrees and NO one from the restaurant managemet came over to speak to us or even offer an apology. As a couple who have been in the "business" for decades we are glad we had the opportunity to try the restaurant......not only were we not impressed but really DISAPPOINTED!
- UnusualWorldlydinerDined on 8/5/2014Kitchen Fan was temporally out and we were advised that we could only order dishes that did not require cooking. This caused the dining experience to start out on the wrong note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victorian/Italian GemkatfishDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed a lovingly prepared dinner that included zucchini blossom appetizers, superb salmon over risotto and the best osso bucco ever. Service was excellent, we had reservations so there was no wait. Definitely a must in Cape May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was inedibleAggieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had the open faced lasagna. It was disgusting. Pasta was crunchy. Waiter never asked how my dish was even though the plTe was barely touched. Many nice restaurants in Cape May. Miss this one
- One of my favorites.RICHEVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a great meal. Heather our server was wonderful. The only problem was we were rushed. Not just us, Looked around after my wife mentioned it and saw it wasn't just us. But again I say the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014the fried olive appetizer is a must try! Great food, wonderful service…our second visit to this little gem of a restaurant and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Cape May at its best. Along 410 Bank st one of the best. Love the old house turned into restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Searching for ItalianLTreDined on 7/29/2014We love 410 Bank and heard Frescos was owned by the same people. The food was good (not great) and very small portions. We had a calamari app where I could count the # of rings on the plate. My husbands dinner was so spicy he was almost unable to eat it...in that case it was good his portion was small. I had the swordfish which was good and perfect size for me. Kids had pasta and were still hungry. We had a couple of helpings of bread and went for ice cream after to fill up. Service was excellent and kid friendly. Sadly we are still searching for great Italian food in Cape May.
- Was better beforeEatingoutDined on 7/27/2014Still pretty good but it Seems like the food and overall experience is getting worse each year. At this point it is overpriced for what you get and there are better options in Cape May
- FrescosdwdwDined on 7/27/2014Food was okay, but nothing special for the price. Service lacking in attention. I expected more and likely will not return,
- The following 406 reviews are from the Frescos Seafood Trattoria - Cape May reviews archive.
- Still a great resturant!BeppyDined on 7/26/2014We hadn't been to Fresco's in a few years and wondered if it would still be as good as we remembered. It was! Food was outstanding, our server was knowledgeable about the menu and offered great suggestions. This place is wonderful and I can't wait to go dine there again!Special Features:
- MMMariDined on 7/26/20144 in our party, first time there, we ordered assorted apps and pasta entrees, good solid Italian food. Our server was Shannon, she was very good, super friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I always appreciate servers that know and have tasted the menu and can offer an opinion. Offers parking.Special Features:
- Our favorite Cape May restaurantlisaDined on 7/25/2014We spend a weekend in Cape May, NJ every year - it's my favorite beach town in the world. Although a beach town, it does have some very fine dining choices - heavily weighted to seafood, which, as a lifelong vegetarian (tending vegan) I do not eat. Frescoes is Italian, but there are sufficient veggie choices across the menu. As part of our annual trip the Cape May, we have a meal at Frescoes. Never, ever disappointed. The fried olive appetizer must not be missed.Special Features:
- A great find!BarbaraVIPDined on 7/22/2014Delicious food and a lovely ambience. Although our entree portions were large, we were disappointed with the meager size of our caprese salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SpotHfromWinnetkaDined on 7/22/2014I grade on a world scale, so 4 stars is the overall limit. But this is a very nice restaurant. Clever and taste filled presentations. Fine service. Near to central Cape May shopping. Convenient parking. Took the family, including my mother-in-law, and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciouslessigDined on 7/22/2014We enjoy our meal and the service and the service was special. Our food was delicious. We forgot about byob, but we bought a bottle of local wine. The only problem was the parking attendant at the commons. Doesn't seem to match the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an awesome nightBeastDined on 7/21/2014Oh looord where do I begin. Went here with some friends the other night. Our server, Shannon, greeted us with a radiant smile and informed us of the additions to the regular menu they had. She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We started with some apps to share for the table. The Sacchetti was phenomenal and I'd recommend that to anyone. Shannon told us that they do entree portions of the Sacchetti so I'll definitely be getting that in the future and see if the chef will add some grilled chicken to it. For my entree I had the Lamb special which was cooked perfectly. For dessert, I had the lemon ricotta cheesecake. If you don't like their cheesecake, you have a problem. Excellent service and food we surely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VLfromWCVIPDined on 7/19/2014We usually like Frescos. For our last experience, the atmosphere and service were nice. But we both ordered the braised short ribs. They were tender, but done soux vide so had no taste from the sauce. Wouldn't order that again, but would give Frescos another try based on many prior delicious dinners.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one of Cape May's best!luvcmDined on 7/18/2014This is the third time dining at Frescos this summer. Each time it gets better! Our favorites; fried olives, Sachetti (pasta purses with Vodka Sauce), Shrimp and Scallop Pescatore, Swordfish Piccata and Veal Chop Saltimbocca. All the salads are terrific as well! Service is friendly and competent. Ethan and Erica do a wonderful job serving. Frescos also works well for larger groups, we took our family of 12 and everything was seamless. There is free parking lot available on Bank Street which is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.