514 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://frescoristorante.com/
- Phone: (818) 247-5541
- Hours of Operation:
Lunchy: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Art 8182475541
A word from Fresco Ristorante
FRESCO RISTORANTE PROVIDES AND INTIMATE DINING OASIS EQUALLY SUITABLE FOR ROMANCE, BUSINESS, SPECIAL OCCASIONS OR JUST A CASUAL NIGHT OUT. OUR RESTAURANT HAS CATERED TO A HIGHLY-DISCERNING, LOCAL AND NATIONAL FOLLOWING OF LOYAL PATRONS FOR OVER 22 YEARS.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresco Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (1)Show More
- Closed without notice and RudeToobadforusDined on 9/26/2014We made reservation for wife's birthday and when we arrived we were told they were closed for private event. I felt that they were rude about it and could care less that we made a point of making a reservation and were excited about trying their restaurant.Special Features:
- Frisco Restaurant, Glendale, CAPeoplewatcherDined on 2/14/2014When we arrived, there were no people in the restaurant and when we left at 1:30PM there still were no people. The waitress seemed to be untrained and when we showed her our gift coupon, she gave us a different menu which had higher prices. (we withdrew the coupon). Possibly, this was waitress' 1st day: language problem, not able to figure out if we wanted red or white wine, oblivious to making sure silverware, water glasses, wine glasses, etc. were on the table; never checked to see if all was well with the food either. The steak was excellent and rare and the farfalle pasta with 4 cheeses was good. The Caesar salad was swimming in too much sauce. With no ambience, no service, no people it was a loser.
- FrescoPatrickDined on 10/9/2013The food from salad, soup to entree was extremely good. The service was excellent as well. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great private lunch . . . butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2013The food was delicious: the Baramundi special prepared with lemon butter and capers and the vegetables-perfection. We started with the calamari and shrimp fritti which were both very good dipped in a tasty cocktail sauce, but both of us felt that the french fries accompanying the deep fried seafood was a distraction. The classic Italian salad, also well prepared was a nice complement to the appetizer, and the freshly baked bread was first rate. A glass of red wine topped off the meal, followed by chocolate gelato with raspberry sherbet and coffee. Altogether an excellent lunch. Only two criticisms: 1)The restaurant was empty & the room was set up for a banquet with a platform for music and a dance floor. 2)Decor was overly ornSpecial Features:
- NOT RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2012There are far too many choices out there for good Italian restaurants and this one is disappointing. The wait staff - while pleasant and courteous - is not polished for the fine dining experience that this restaurant is striving to be. 5 of us for dinner - pasta seemed to be 'boxed prepared' with one of my guest's entrees, raviolis, tasting as if it had been frozen and re-heated. Wine IS excellently priced and a great value, but does not warrant a return visit from me or any of my guests. NOT recommended.
- MUST TRY!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2012I remember coming to this restaurant several years ago and loving the food. So I decided to come back and see if it's still the same. Amazing food and service! If you're in the glendale area and you're in the mood for some good italian. Check this place out!Special Features:
- Went for Valentines Day. HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentines Day. Have been there before for lunch. Service was wonderful. Food was really good. Sax player stopped twice to answer his phone (BAD) and the laser lights? Worst part of the night was the lasers dots spinning around. . I went there for romance, not for a cheesy phone answering saxaphone player. Cost was reasonable. Overall happy.Special Features:
- Awful !BrettLADined on 2/8/2012We must have gone on an off night, we made RESERVATIONS for 7:30, when we showed up, there was not one other customer in the place. We sat down, the server did not know the menu, could not answer ANY question we had, she did not go get someone who could, so we ordered what we thought would be best. The food was actually not that bad, except for 7 bones in the halibut I ordered. The employees were so busy talking to some friend in the bar area, we had to flag down the server just to get our check. We WON'T be going back there !
- Our party was one of two tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2011Our party was one of two tables the entire night. We wer given a complimentar appetizer; however, the entre was terrible--a poorly prepared sea bass, that we assumed would be grilled but was pan fried. Only one person ordered a salad and the waiter brought it after the entre. He said it was because the rest of us had not ordered salads and he did not think she wanted to eat her salad alone. ?? When we ordered cappucino we were told the machine was broken. One person wanted a non-alcoholic beer, which the restaurant does not serve. None in our party of 4 would recommend Fresco.
- Everything was excellent.MartyeatssteakDined on 8/31/2011Everything was excellent. Art, the waiter was wonderful! We definitely would go back!Special Features:
- Unfortunate that under newRALdinesVIPDined on 8/4/2010Unfortunate that under new ownership, it has lost its Italian flavor and flair. On its way to becoming another unnecessary Glendale banquet hall.
- Spinach salad was excellentjon5ctsVIPDined on 5/11/2010Spinach salad was excellent but my cannelloni was just so-so. My wife enjoyed her gnocchi, though. The place was empty save for us and one other couple. Server was outstanding and very efficient. The ambiance is like a 1970's wedding hall and there was a live performer playing saxophone and accompanied by recorded music. It was a little too loud, but he was actually pretty good! Still, I couldn't help but feel like we were over-staying our welcome at a bad 1970's wedding complete with "disco-style" lighting.
- Food was fair to good. WeirdOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2009Food was fair to good. Weird environment. There were only a few tables that were actually set. People (looked like friends and relatives) of owner would walk in sit at table waiting to be served by the relatives. Other people (couples) came in to talk about renting the restaurant for whatever venue they were having. The website does not relect the restaurant. The waiter was very friendly and good.
- We had been to Fresco beforeNewUCLAMomVIPDined on 8/8/2009We had been to Fresco before and decided to try it again. We will NOT be back. Because there was a large birthday party, there were only four tables with regular diners. Only two of those tables were occupied. Even so, the waiter, who did not seem like he was responsible for the birthday party, was inattentive. My husband had to ask for the wine list several times, the waiter did not come back for his wine order until much later and we did not receive his wine until the entree came. We received the salads meant for the other table. The waiter eventually brought the correct salad, but left the wrong salad sitting there. My husband's veal was tough as shoe leather and both our vegetables tasted as if they had been doused in lemon juice
- Fresco Ristorante's food wasHusbandbirthdayDined on 8/5/2009Fresco Ristorante's food was delicious and well priced, the service exceptional since we were the only ones dining from 7:30 to 9pm... it was sad to see no other patrons enjoying such a wonderful food.Special Features:
- One waiter for the entireWineCopVIPDined on 6/20/2009One waiter for the entire restaurant, while half the restaurant was serving a private party. Children from the private party were running around and yelling, unchecked by any adults or restaurant staff. This was our first visit since its change of ownership and a complete remodel. Unfortunately, this will be our last, after having patronized this restaurant for more than 20 years. New chef apparently has only one seasoning. . . lemon. The Caesar salad dressing had so much lemon that each bite was like biting into one. Then our rack of lamb for two and accompanying vegetables were also doused with lemon, which killed the flavor of the bottle of Brunello di Montalcino we ordered with the meal. Restaurant should be renamed Lemon Bistro!