Fresco Italian Cafe
1513 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Fresco Italian Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frescoitaliancafe.com/
- Phone: 8014861300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mikel Trapp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cherie Bartleson 8014861300x11
A word from Fresco Italian Cafe
Chef Logen Crew takes pride in creating innovative Italian food using fresh, seasonal, and local produce. We feature fresh house-made pastas, along with a nightly risotto that should not be missed. Join us on the candle lit patio, tucked back behind The King's English Bookstore, or dine with us inside in our intimate, cottage-like dining room. Browse the books at the bookstore before dinner, or have a glass of wine and wait in our garden where we grow and use some of our own produce. We do not take reservations for our patio, but we do our best to accommodate all requests. Due to the intimate size of our restaurant, parties of 5 or more should call the restaurant in order to make a reservation. We look forward to you dining with us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Fresco Italian Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Fresco Italian Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (50)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (43)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (15)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)Show More
- Very genteel placeSusaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy eating at this restaurant. Sometimes the service is a bit slow, but the food is good and seasonal. I recommend keeping some "normal" flavors of gelato and sorbet on the menu for those of us who enjoy classic eating. Lemon, vanilla, chocolate are always winners. Odd savory spices in gelato or sorbet are not so appealing. Very attractive atmosphere and friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- great ambianceslclocalDined on 9/5/2014It was my first time there and i went because i had heard they had nice outdoor dining.Great patio. Cute and quaint. Food was delicious. Only negative was having to flag down our waitress for more wine, but not really a big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We had the Smoked Mushroom Canneloni which was described in the menu as Heirloom Tomato, Goat Cheddar Fonduta, Chive. There were chives and 2-3 small pieces of tomato on top. The canneloni mushroom stuffing was very mushy and it and the fonduta were quite salty. While attractive, the dish was not particularly appealing to eat. The caesar salad was very good, but even the decaf french press coffee was very weak. I love the location and ambience, but was disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- Best food in salt lakeKkenny801VIPDined on 8/31/2014Everything is made to order so you get a real dining experience. All the food comes from local farmers and is made into creative and delicious dishes. The service is phenomenal as well as the atmosphere. They have a perfect sized patio for al fresco dining and inside is small and quaint. If you go on a busy night in the winter the converted house does get noisy but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive but .....CarpeDiemVIPDined on 8/29/2014I ask for lemon for my water and it never came and yet the waiter kept coming back to see if we were ready to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014One of our favorite dinner spots in SLC . Decor can get facelift .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Foood is always good.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Overall wonderful dining experience every time. Varied and seasonal menu, knowledgeable chef and helpful front staff, ideal warm weather or winter setting. We will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JadaDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great wine, great service, great patio!Special Features:
- OutstandingAnniversaryDinnerDined on 8/5/2014Perfect evening on the outdoor patio. Food was excellent with a strong summer menu. Wait staff experienced and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little restaurantWolfDined on 8/5/2014Fresco is tucked in to the corner of 15th and 15th and can be a little hard to spot at first. But it's well worth finding! Nice outdoor patio for dining that is covered in case it rains, which it did while I was there. The food is very good and presented nicely. Service was a touch slow but nothing to complain about. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- The Best In UtahJadaDined on 8/2/2014The quality and attention to detail in each plate is astounding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014My first time to Fresco and it met or exceeded all my expectations. Food was great, it is a very quiet and peaceful atmosphere, service was good, parking was easy and it was just a very good experience.Special Features:
- Dinner on the patio - August 1bobosatDined on 8/1/2014The patio was very crowded because of many too many tables placed in a small area. My chair was constantly being hit by the gentleman seated behind me. The tables are too small to accommodate four people. The chairs are uncomfortable. Mary's chicken was very dry and over-done and tasteless. The service was slow (perhaps a staffing problem) as the patio was totally occupied. The risotto was good, but the quantity was too much.
- One of our favoritesreoramaDined on 7/25/2014fell in love years ago and look forward to coming back every time. food is always fantastic would highly recommend this to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014First time. Inside - corner table by ourselves. Perfect. Great meal.Special Features:
- Fresco Italian Cafe -Yumsal56Dined on 7/8/2014Charming small restaurant with very good food. A must experience.Special Features:
- ReliableMerewetherDined on 7/7/2014Professional in both food quality and service. Charming atmosphere, although would be a bit claustrophobic (and noisy) if full. Perhaps a reason to time one's visits to when one can comfortably sit out on the small but sheltered patio.Special Features:
- DisappointmentTrueFoodies2014Dined on 7/5/2014This restaurant used to be so tasty. I had the worst piece of meat I have had in 30 years of dining, it was tough and chewy with no flavor. I asked for it medium rare and got a hockey puck! Truly a real disappointment! All 4 of us had poor meals.
- Service A+, Food execution B-KathVIPDined on 7/1/2014This is one of our favorite spots in SLC so we took some business clients there. The menu and service were awesome. But surprisingly, the food execution was below par of what we've had over the years. The cheese plate was a bit boring (Pago's is better) and most dishes were a bit under cooked even for us who love al dente - carrot appetizer and pastas. The artichoke tortelli was swimming in butter/oil and a bit heavy. The fava bean agnoletti and lamb/sausage ragu past were both OK, but nothing I would repeat. It was Tuesday, so maybe the regular chef was out? The desserts were nice but again, nothing memorable. Ambiance and service were so good - sure wish meal had matched!Special Features:
- Stands the test of timeWootPDXDined on 6/30/2014After moving away from SLC, my wife & I went back to Fresco on a recent visit. The memories we had of a quaint, tucked-away restaurant with amazing food did not disappoint. We ate inside for old time's sake, and because of the summer weather sort of wish we would have opted for outside. That said, it was still great. The one piece of feedback I would give for something that may have been nicer was how the inside was decorated. Not that it needs big changes, but a change of curtains and a few frames on the walls would add some nicer touches to the overall ambience. None of that got in the way of a great walk down memory lane, and a spectacular dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencenbc1VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food was great and the outside atmosphere was really good too. We definitely recommend the restaurant!Special Features:
- good, not great anymoreSaltgoodDined on 6/26/2014Fresco is good - but it isn't the top notch place it used to be. The food was fine, but not to the level you would expect for a high-end restaurant. My salad was fine, but quality was replaced by quantity. I had a pasta dish that was ok, but again, I got twice as much food as I needed, and it wasn't to the level I'd expect.Special Features:
- Lovely evening?WheezyDined on 6/19/2014What would have been a lovely evening go very good food, a well mixed cocktail and enjoyable company topped off by excellent service was greatly detracted by the most uncomfortable chairs on the planet! There has Got to be a better way to achieve patio seating! The only other complaint was not the Restirante's fault; why do people insist on bringing young and completely unruly children to an establishment like this for dinner? Between the two kids running around all through the dining area and their mothers chasing but not chastising them the night was nearly ruined!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Father's Day to RememberDandLDined on 6/15/2014Fresco brought us delicious food in a relaxed, home-like dining room. Seasoning was subtle and refined. Service was efficient, friendly, and attentive without intrusion. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemhotxbunDined on 6/14/2014You'll find a delicious meal at Fresco Italian Cafe with patio charm and terrific service on the side. The server was knowledgeable about the wine and the food and made a good recommendation for the chicken. The patio is small but I didn't notice a lot of noise. Nice. I certainly look forward to going back and trying it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!AndiVIPDined on 6/13/2014This is a hidden little place that has become one of my personal favorites. Love the location, food, ambiance, everything about it is great. Things can be made to order, which I love since I'm a vegetarian. I'd recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Best this time...StephieDined on 6/13/2014We love Fresco but this last visit was sub par. The food was fair and the portions smaller than normal. The help was decent but they were busy and not very aware not attentive. A bit if a disappointment this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavors....unrivaled tastesbigfootedDined on 6/10/2014Fresco 's chef is a wizard with flavors/mixing to make the most extraordinarily flavorful,truly DELICIOUS meal ! Sometimes I found the presentation to be a bit so-so,but the flavor cannot be disputed - it is the best in town ! Service was bit chilly, unwelcoming - either the help is overburdened or just a bit snobby....didn't ruin the evening,but I noticed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary....Em270Dined on 6/9/2014Fresco Italian Cafe has always been a favorite of our family for celebrations and those perfect romantic moments. I knew this would be the perfect location for my sister and brother in law to celebrate their anniversary on a Monday night and booked them a table. Service is everything in the restaurant business. Their waitress was so unbelievably rude they were stunned. Fortunately my sister has a positive attitude, took a deep breath and laughed off the attitude of their waitress. I sincerely hope this does not happen to others on their special evenings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresco is consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful evening outdoors, great service, delicious food. Fresco is great as usual!Special Features:
- Food and Ambience!jagzDined on 6/6/2014How wonderful it is to find a restaurant with superb food AND to be able to converse easily with one's dining companions! We dined outside on a balmy SLC evening, and really enjoyed everything we tried on this interesting Italian menu. The patio is a small intimate area hidden away from the street - an oasis from the hustle and bustle of city life. Thank you.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014I love this place. My Mother would bring me here for lunch when I was a student at the "U" 24 years ago. Don't get back to SLC very often, but when I do I always make it a point to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014The waitress was dreadful. When we asked for something, she wouldn't bring it. Extremely unattentive. She brought the dessert menus, but never asked if we wanted anything, just showed up with the checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightChuychuyDined on 5/27/2014You MUST ask to be seated outside! Took my girlfriend on a nice date and had dinner here! We absolutely loved it!! The atmosphere was stunning and the food was absolutely amazing!! Would recommend to anyone! I will definitely be returning again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingbolthdDined on 5/23/2014WoW! It was nice to sit, talk and enjoy a great dinner! Staff was not pushy with anything, very patient to let us enjoy every detail of the dinner.Special Features:
- Very romantic outisde pationrjpcDined on 5/22/2014Great ambience. The deck is a perfect place for an intimate outdoor setting. Great neighborhood spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 539 reviews are from the Fresco Italian Cafe reviews archive.
- Comfortable SurroundingsJohntheSkierGolferVIPDined on 5/15/2014Located in a converted house, Fresco Italian Cafe is fabulous. Seating is not crowded, so conversations are private. We started with a bottle of Vietti Tre Vigne (Italian) wine. The Arugula and Caesar salads were excellent. The Risotto special was perfect as was the Ricotta Cavatelli and the Market fish which was snapper. Service was excellent; attentive but not overbearing. Prices are moderate. Fresco Italian is a neighborhood gem located fairly close to the U of Utah campus. Try it for pre-show meals when going to the Pioneer Theater, other campus events or when visiting Salt Lake City.Special Features:
- It was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It was a very nice cute place. It was too coll to sit outside but I bet that would also be a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintJoemedpolyDined on 5/8/2014Nice romantic little place. Good food. They were out of the first two bottles if wine I selected. Had to go with a third choice. Other than that everything was fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.