Fresco II on the Marina
1651 S. Victoria Ave.
Oxnard, CA 93035Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Fresco II on the Marina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fresco2restaurant.com/index.php
- Phone: 8059854700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11am to 9:30pm
Tuesday 11am to 9:30pm
Wednesday 11am to 9:30pm
Thursday 11am to 12:am Late Night
Friday 11am to close Late Night
Saturday 11am to close Late Night
Sunday 11am to 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Amalia Graffeo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for all occasions....inquire within
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Daily During the Week
Thursday Night Karoake Bar/Lounge open Late Night
Friday Night Late Night
Saturday Night Late Night
- Special Events: Baseball Playoffs Live Entertainment
A word from Fresco II on the Marina
Fine Dining in a relaxed atmosphere, nice booths overlooking the Marina, Firepit outdoor patio dining, Cool Swank Vibe, Lounge Bar Extensive Beer and Wine selections, Full Cocktail Infusions Live Entertainment Daily Karaoke Thursday NightsContinued
Catering Available Anytime
Catering Available Anytime
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresco II on the Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- great food...butcorvettemanDined on 8/24/2014Great food and service, but the band is WAY TOO LOUD. We found ourselves yelling across the table to our friends! We will plan to come for lunch, or on nights when there is no music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresco IILolaDined on 8/21/2014Food was good, but portions were way too large. Even when our guest split a meal the portions were too large. Bar scene was very loud, and the service only fair. If I ever return, it would be for lunch.Special Features:
- hoping for betterluv2eatDined on 8/13/2014This evening was disappointing. We have been to Fresco's many times with good experiences. This time the service was extremely slow. They appeared to be under staffed. The bar order took forever. One of the meals was the wrong order. By the time the right meal arrived the rest of the guest were almost finished with their meal. My wives meal was overcooked. This was our favorite local restaurant until this reservation on August 13th. I hope this was just an off night and not a trend. We have other friends that have had similar experiences and will not return.Special Features:
- Big Family get together spot!tjcramerDined on 8/2/2014Not too expensive, and was able to get my family of 9 there for an early reservation. Great service, but of course we we sat down at 4pm and left around 6pm, so it wasn't terribly busy. Had good variety of food and it was very tasty.Special Features:
- Very involved owner - thanks!bfukumotoDined on 7/26/2014We made a reservation and requested patio seating, but when we arrived the weather was cloudy and a bit breezy. We were told that it would be 1+ hour wait for a table inside. Since we had requested patio seating, we told the hostess it was OK and we would find another place to eat. As we were leaving, the owner happened to be coming in and helped to get us a table inside with no wait. She was very gracious and seemed to really want our business. She asked the wait staff to be very attentive so our service was excellent. The food was very good all around - very fresh and healthy portions with reasonable prices. Nice cocktail and wine list too. Would definitely recommend and go again!Special Features:
- A Must Dinning ExperienceBadatgolfDined on 7/23/2014Food, service, view and location makes for a great dinning experience! GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The portions were rather large. I split the fire bread with my friend and we filled up on the warm bread and spread served to us upon seating. When we received our entree, we realized we could have easily have shared and would have had ample left over still. The fire bread was spicy and delish. We also got the pizza and tortellini. The pizza was a little over cooked. The edges were burned and there were a few corner pieces with no toppings on it. However the tortellini was just Devine. I will be coming back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OxnardLikes2eatVIPDined on 7/4/2014This is a great spot for a meal or drink. The place is clean, nicely decorated and very friendly and attractive wait staff. Both times we have been here, there was live music. The band interacts and takes requests giving the place a neighborhood feel. The food is delicious and served hot. I have seen some reviews that were unfavorable about the service, but we had great service. The seafood pasta is delicious and the portions are large. The menu is varied with fish, pasta, lamb and pork chops and pizzas. This place is worth driving to.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Fresco II on the Marina reviews archive.
- Good Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/20/2014I am a regular here. The food is the best in the area and Happy Hour is a terrific value because their house wines are $5 and pretty darn good, and the bar menu is cheap. Most of it is fried, but you can have a giant Sicilian meatball and a glass of wine for like $11, a good light dinner. Another light option is the tomato, mozzarella and basil salad, but get the dressing on the side or they might drown it. What amazes me about this place is how genuinely nice all the employees are. I don't know where the owners find all these enthusiastic young people, but they really make you feel welcome, and they are the main reason we return over and over. Live music in the bar some nights, nice patio but why no heaters? It gets cold out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vforDined on 6/15/2014We loved it for Father's day. Great food, great service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly slow serviceladybirdDined on 6/15/2014We went there for Fathers day lunch. The restaurant was not crowded yet it took and hour to bring out the soup and salads and another 1/2 hour for the main dishes. Waiter was hard to find to make any additional requests. Food was average. They take "leisurely dining" to a whole other level"!
- I brought my wife back.NateVIPDined on 6/2/2014The food was so good the first time, I brought my wife back. The sea bass and lamb chops were cooked to perfection. Service was okay. There were issues with the maitre'd trying to seat us in the bar area when we wanted a booth down below. The water boy moved us down to a booth. The music was too loud!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNateVIPDined on 5/31/2014I had the Kleftiko. Lamb shank with Greek orozco. Fabulous. The spumoni ice cream cake was the best I ever had. The bread is the best. I took the rest to my hotel room. Carl was my server and did a good job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot for Mother's DayTerryDined on 5/11/2014Food was excellent, the service was top notch. They have a standards guy singing all of the popular Sinatraesque classics. My kids danced the entire time. What I liked most is while it felt a little more adult oriented, it wasn't actually the case. It's really hard to fine higher class restaurants that aren't complete meanies to families with kids. Kuddos!Special Features:
- Great Brunch for Mother's DayNormaJeanDined on 5/11/2014A beautiful setting on the Oxnard Marina. Eggs benedict outstanding - great sauce. Loved their bacon and fellows loved the sausage. Seasonings were unigue and delicious. A little stingy with rolls - four in our party and gave 3 - 1/2 muffins. Also, the one fruit bowl for four people should have been larger. Coffee and tea delicious. Service good. We were early - 10:30 am - so quiet and not crowded. Walked around the Marina after brunch - great ambiance on a gorgeous day.Special Features:
- YumLovinLifeDined on 5/9/2014This was the second visit in about a month and both times we thought the food was outstanding. First of all, we eat in the bar because it has such a warm, comfortable ambiance overlooking the marina. Lots of big TV's, but in a refined, not sports bar, setting. Both times we had the seafood appetizer for two in a spicy jalapeno saute. Crazy good. This time had the salmon and it too was good. Very large portion, tasty topping and the vegetables were perfect. Also, our server, Dawn, did everything right. No interuptions to our conversation while on top of everything we needed. A refreshing change. Great personality, attentive, knows the menu. Very pleasant.Special Features:
- LOUD MUSICAbevila2013VIPDined on 4/20/2014I made Open Table reservations for Easter dinner with a special date however, the music was so LOUD, I asked our waitress to have the music lowered, couldn't hear my date, nor was it comfortable. We almost left but, outside was too cold and windy, to seat outside... As we were leaving, the owner, Lila meet us at the door for our feedback of our experience at her restaurant, again I mentioned the music was way too loud and carried in such a small bar area. She seemed interested but, I would have expected her to offer a comp dinner or drink for the inconveience of our service, nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely view of the MarinaoxnardfunDined on 4/5/2014The food was great -- Wait staff very nice and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Could Have Picked a Better PlaceUplandJoeDined on 2/15/2014I was looking for a place for a nice, romantic dinner for Valentine's Day. I picked this one because it said it was in the marina and the menu looked interesting. Wasn't exactly what we were hoping for. The good things about it was there was live entertainment (which my wife loves to have during our romantic dinners!), the food wasn't bad, and the dessert (spumoni cake) was the best part! We were disappointed that our table with a view was the view of the patio, with a wall (three-four feet tall or so) blocking the view of the marina. Next time (if there is one) we will just sit in the bar, which is higher so we can see the marina and hear the live singer better!
- Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014My Valentine's date was my 8 year old son, we had a great time here and the staff was very accommodating. No matter if I was on a date with my love or with my son I would recommend this place for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Fresco!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014As a newcomer to Oxnard I have been trying out new restaurants. Decided to book a reservation for Valentine's Day and it turned out to be a fantastic choice. The food was amazing and we had a view of the harbor which added to the overall ambience. Our server, Maylin, was both efficient and beautiful and she was very attentive to our needs. There was a local artist/singer that evening who was a very nice addition for entertainment. Can't rave about this place enough and I look forward to going back again soon.Special Features:
- Dinner was delicious, as always.corvettemanDined on 2/11/2014Dinner was delicious, as always. The bread and dip (secret, Greek family recipe) is FANTASTIC!Special Features:
- Too Noisy for Us!JudeDined on 1/19/2014We went to Fresco II on a Sunday night. The live music was VERY loud. Even the waitress said it gives her a headache. Fortunately, we were able to sit outside next to the fire pit. My date enjoyed his spaghetti and meat ball. My chicken marsala was forgettable. The servers were attentive and gracious.Special Features:
- Poorly managedBermieDined on 12/31/2013We went for NYE dinner and dancing package (75 per). They had 4 course meal. Courses was served all together. No dining experience. We asked to slow down. They offered to keep our meal under heat lamps. The DJ, who obviously invited many of his own peeps, tried to impress with loud vulgar offensive riddled hip hop music. It was inappropriate and offensive to women, mothers and African Americans etc... There were other customers/families also appearing shocked. Management had never intervened and we were uncomfortable. The waiter apologized. We left early. I would not recommend for any children or families. But, they must have known because of the amount of security personnel hired for the night. Would not recommend!Special Features:
- Full of flavorLLBensonDined on 12/31/2013Wonderful New Year's Eve dinner...Incredible food full of flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationcorvettemanDined on 11/26/2013Two couples celebrating my wife's birthday. Nice booth with view of the marina. All the food was delicious - lobster ravioli, Greek lamb chops, shish kebab and shrimp. Attentive waiter and great service.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service!RichB2405Dined on 11/17/2013We were celebrating a 25th Anniversary for our Sister and Brother in Law. Service was exceptional. Food was Phenomenal!!Special Features:
- Another good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/6/2013This is now our go-to spot when we visit family in Oxnard. I'm a picky (healthy) eater and I never have a problem customizing my meals here to my specs. They also have a terrific by-the-glass wine selection, and getting a decent glass of wine or a decent dinner is not exactly easy in Oxnard. Service is outstanding. I love the Caesar salad and I always get extra anchovies.Special Features:
- Great find!DianeDined on 10/20/2013We were passing through the area on vacation and wanted a nice lunch for our 3-generation family. Open Table provided numerous choices, but Fresco II sounded exactly like what we were looking for. We enjoyed a warm welcome and attentive, non-intrusive service. The menu has excellent variety, suiting everyone from a vegetarian, to a meat lover, to a 10-year-old. Ravioli with a giant meatball, a gorgeous main-course salad with premium produce, and delicious seafood pleased the clan. The restaurant was decked out for Halloween with creative decorations--yet not too scary for kids. If we were lucky enough to live in CA, we would enjoy Fresco II on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing find in West OxnardgreatfoodDined on 7/30/2013Fresco II on the Marina is a surprising find for the Oxnard plane. Located near a marina in the Mandalay Bay, part of the restaurant overlooks the water providing a lovely scenic view. The decor is upscale for Oxnard but perfectly suited for the area in which the restaurant is located. Service is great and staff friendly and attentive. The Mediterranean food is among the best I have ever eaten. I've tried the gyros and gourmet zucchini pizza but would recommend anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Food was well prepared, butmoronVIPDined on 7/26/2013Food was well prepared, but not as tasty as the last time we had dined. Service was not as it had been the last couple of times we had been here, but I believe the wait staff was more concerned with a wedding party (bridal/bachelor party) that was going to be taking over most of the restaurant's dining area. Seating was limited, but we were still able to sit away from the bar and get a booth. Still a strong menu and many varieties of food were available. Would still return, but might check if a big party was going to be there prior to making the reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I've found in OxnardOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/20/2013So happy to have found this place after years of visiting parents there, there has never been anything this good in terms of food, wine, service, and view. The service is so friendly and accommodating, it's like they put something in the water. Every person we've encountered there has been dedicated to customer service, it's pretty impressive. The patio is delightful, although they really should have heaters for cooler nights. Favs so far are caesar salad, Momma G's pasta, pizzas, and that lamb and orzo dish was off the charts. Live music Sat night, lots of folks decked out for dinner, make a res. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Beautiful Marina locationSparkieDined on 7/9/2013I took friends from out of town here for lunch, based on reviews and friend's recommendations. Very quiet early in the week. Minimal wait staff, but they disappeared wen we needed them. Our salads were good. I had to go looking for the waitress when one of us was not served the main course. Not sure I will go back.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseLikes2eatVIPDined on 7/4/2013This is such a lovely place, open a year and looks brand new. It is on the Oxnard channel with indoor and outdoor seating. We enjoyed the live music. The bread was fresh and hot. The seafood pasta dish was excellent and enough for leftovers. I had a shrimp dish in an amazing sauce. I saw someone eating a spaghetti dish that also looked yummy. It's a little far from home but if I'm in Oxnard again, I wouldn't hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was delicious..portionsluv2travelDined on 6/29/2013It was delicious..portions are big...meatballs are the size of a softball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with marina viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2013Had a fantastic lasagna and my wife had a seafood pasta. Both were excellent. They also have the best fried calimari that I've ever eaten. Very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation spotMDRdinerDined on 6/16/2013We were on a little vacation and wsnted something fun, it was perfect, service was awesome and food was good, drinks ok, best of all there was liveusic part of the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wide variety of foodBadatgolfDined on 6/15/2013The menu is broad enough to make it diverse but compact enough that it doesn't take all evening to peruse the pages. The location is charming and you're almost certain to get a nice view from any table on the lower floor.Special Features:
- Great menu variety of MediterraneanJohnAVIPDined on 6/15/2013Great menu variety of Mediterranean items, but missed the boat on some. Active owner involvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mediterranean flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2013I have had salmon, ravioli and salads. The flavor of my dishes have been fabulous every time. What I had a serious plroblem with was the size of the portions. When I got my salad it seemed to be brought for a pot luck party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.