5256 S. Mission Rd
Bonsall, CA 92003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frescorestaurants.com/
- Phone: (760) 631-1944
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday and Sunday open all day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Leone D'Arcangelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fresco Grill
Leone D'Arcangelo, Chef/Owner, welcomes you to Fresco Wine Bar and Grill. We are proud to present the community with an authentic and creative menu, made with the freshest and best ingredients. At Fresco Wine Bar and Grill we feature an award winning wine list, and a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere. Located in the River Village shopping center, Leone invites you and your family to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. We are excited to introduce wine pairing dinners, cooking classes, Sunday brunch, and live weekly authentic Italian Music Night, in the near future. We are open daily for lunch and dinner.Continued
Stop in for one of our signature cocktails!
Stop in for one of our signature cocktails!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresco Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great Local Italian RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 11/22/2014Love Fresco Grill. It's one of our favorites. My husband had his usual seafood pasta (he orders the small size and finds it perfect). I had a special, sausage paparadelle. It was terrific and was twice as big a portion as I could muster. There are usually 4-6 specials each night which makes going there more interesting than if the menu was always the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disaster in BonsallluvtoeatDined on 11/1/2014Went early on Sat. Around 5:15 so it was NOT busy . The food was very good but it took nearly an hour to get our wine. And then they were out of what we ordered. Blamed it on 1/2 price wine on Wed. Night. Waitress was very pleasant but kept dissapearing. Two other tables who had come in after us had gotten their drinks, food & had left before we even got our food! Then a musician set up in the bar area. Mind you,this was an Italian restaurant & this guy was a Willie Nelson wanna be. The last thing we wanted to listen to was Country & Western music in an Italian restaurant! I have eaten at their other restaurant in Carlsbad & loved it. We will never return to this one.Special Features:
- Fresco GrillJwardDined on 10/31/2014Dinner was outstanding, service was very friendly, helpful and attentive and the atmosphere beautiful, mellow and romantic. There was even live music that was a great surprise for us. Perfect date night! Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainMaryVIPDined on 10/11/2014We love Fresco Grill. It is cozy and special. This night there was really nice live entertainment, a woman who signs and plays the guitar -- beautiful voice and a lovely addition to our dinner.Special Features:
- Best in BonsallOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/14/2014We love this restaurant for so many reasons; the food is great, service outstanding, and the parking easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeacherVIPDined on 9/7/2014Food was very good. We had the Steak Diane and cooked properly. I had the veal parmeggiana with linguine and marinara sauce on the side. I would have preferred the sauce to be more of a smooth texture instead of chunky tomatoes. The bread was sparsely given to us. Only 2 small slices of warmed Italian bread. I was so surprised unless they did not have enough at the restaurant. Serve 4 instead in the beginning.Special Features:
- Good Place to Share With FriendsMaryVIPDined on 8/8/2014We met another couple at Fresco this time -- we often go alone. This is a good place to share a meal with others. There are so many choices (and specials) that everyone has a good choice. I thought the live music was a bit loud this time but it's nice to have music. We prefer this Bonsall site to the one in Carlsbad. It's much more cozy and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the Fresco Grill reviews archive.
- Nice people good foodbrianoVIPDined on 7/13/2014Run by a nice team... some really good items stand out on the Sunday buffet, the Eggplant Parm is great. A reliable place for a great Sunday brunch... or I love their half price bottle Wednesday night when they have live music too. Give them a shot nice place will be there again soon.Special Features:
- Better and BetterTonverDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I have eaten here many times-experience has improved each time. We shared a special salad where they gave us both a very nice portion. The rack of lamb was nicely done and the mahi mahi was a good choice for the evening. Tiramisu is still enjoyable and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two gemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food and server were gems. Presentation of the entree was golden. The salad was fresh and wines were affordable. This restaurant was fun, the music was wonderful. The menu had quality choices for everyone. Even the table cloths were given attention to detail. This place was definitely several levels above a diamond cut in the rough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 5/31/2014We've come to Fresco in Bonsal a few times now. We prefer it to the same restaurant in Carlsbad for several reasons. There are more size choices for menu items (small and regular), venue is small and more intimate, nice live music, service is generally better. This time the food was good as usual. Service was a little below our expectations -- server seemed not to interested -- didn't want to give the specials and probably wouldn't have if we hadn't asked. She said she didn't like giving the specials. We've had better service in the past. We'll continue to go there.Special Features:
- great neighborhood gem!weRfoodiesVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great food at great prices! The menu is varied enough with choices for everyone's taste. Good wine list and signature drinks! Nice ambiance and good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent mealNickNameVIPDined on 5/2/2014As always, our food was great. I had the lobster linguine special, while my wife had the halibut. Our waiter, William, was very attentive. Fun to listen to the live music on a Friday night.
- foodiefixVIPDined on 4/17/2014Bar menu on weeknights is a delicious treat. Appetizer menu half price Monday- Thursday. Greet menu and familiar faces.Special Features:
- Wonderful Neighborhood RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 4/5/2014We have been to both Fresco Restaurants and prefer this one to the restaurant in Carlsbad. This restaurant is quiet, intimate, and romantic. The Carlsbad restaurant is large, very open, loud, and busy. We enjoyed the same menu in both places and we both chose pasta dishes this time. However, they had an amazing list of specials which we found very impressive. There was a wonderful singer/guitarist who sang at just the right level so that it did not interfere with our conversation. The service was excellent, even though we had someone who was new and without a great deal of restaurant background. Nevertheless, she did a great job with us. As the two locations are relatively equidistant from our home, we will go to this restaurant in Bonsall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014I've been visiting Fallbrook for 6 or 8 years, and this was this best meal I've had there -- even if the restaurant is technically in Bonsall (7 or 8 minutes away), and not Fallbrook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceNickNameVIPDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I always enjoy Fresco Grill. Great food. Great service. We tend to stop in every few weeks or so, and to take friends when we have someone visiting. We often try the specials, and have never been disappointed, but this particular time we ordered regular menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but a bit priceyJeffTVIPDined on 2/23/2014We ended up having one appetizer and then a main course each, (stuffed trout and the lobster). It was pretty good, though a little over cooked. The service was great. Very cool looking Fresco picture on the wall, and nice looking bar. Friendly staff. It would be nice if their main specials would stay under thirty dollars. A bit of a drive if you are coming from Escondido or Oceanside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresco In the hillsbrianoVIPDined on 2/23/2014I really like this location, the Sunday brunch is always good and the people are great. Wednesday nights with their half price bottle of wines with live music and dinner specials is great as well. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A hit for Valentine's DayPorshas2Dined on 2/14/2014Our usual places were all booked early this year so we sought out something new and picked the Fresco Grill in Bonsall / Fallbrook. Reservations were certainly required as they appeared full before we finished. Service was great, food was excellent and a very extensive wine list. Parking was a bit difficult with the full house and the theaters next door, but well worth the hassle.Special Features:
- Not so muchRicksterDined on 2/14/2014Food is good but pricy esp. drinks. Very noisy and crowded.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood eaterydaisymiillerVIPDined on 2/14/2014We always enjoy this restaurant, but have questioned lately whether we get what we pay for. The food is fine - not great - fine, but nothing exciting or that gives me the feeling that it's worth the prices I'm paying. The salads are skimpy and uninspired. It's really too bad, as the ambiance is delightful, and the servers are always pleasant.
- Dinner with FriendslornDined on 12/31/20133 couples and 3 checks. Food was OK but service was a bit daffy. Almost every item was delivered to the wrong person and two of the three checks (for two each) were mixed-up. Not quite what I expected for a relatively pricey meal. Table for 6 was in what must normally be the bar because there was a tv about 5 feet from the table. An amplified guitarist was about 5 feet away in another direction. Not sure we will return as this place is a bit off the beaten track and better food and service are available for similar money.Special Features:
- We were delighted with thefoodiefixVIPDined on 12/10/2013We were delighted with the service on Tuesday night Ricardo was a superb bus boy. Leaone you have one devoted employee.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lose the live entertainmentMimiDined on 12/7/2013Food & Ambience are great! Usually like live entertainment but not when I'm eating and trying to socialize. Stick with some nice background (Italian, flamenco...) music. Last two times there they had a solo entertainer who was monotonous and annoying who didn't take enough breaks. There were 6 of us and all agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich Bigley prepared our mealfoodiefixVIPDined on 12/5/2013Rich Bigley prepared our meal perfectly. Love Thursday's at Fresco Grill. Missed seeing Leonie.Special Features:
- dependably deliciousstickDined on 11/16/2013We have been drawn here for years and really enjoyed the live music last weekend. The vegetarian selection is limited but SO good. I love the mushroom ravioli! We tried the chocolate souffle for the first time. OMG - the best chocolate desert I've ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Neighborhood RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 10/11/2013We have tried the other Fresco restaurant in downtown Carlsbad and found this to be a smaller version with similar beautifully rendered frescos on the walls. The food was very good as was the service. We enjoyed our meals and look forward to trying something else on the menu on another occasion. Large menu with many choices. Also, several specials.Special Features:
- Good place!TeacherVIPDined on 9/7/2013This was my second visit to Fresco in Bonsall, off the 76 going east from Oceanside. I highly recommend it. Food is very good. Salad I had was ok but very little dressing, as was the first time. I had to ask for more. It's located in a small shopping center of Mediterraean buildings. Very nice. Try the veal regular size plate and request pasta instead of mashed potatoes on the chicken (pollo) parmeggiana and veal parmeggiana. Also I recommend the Lucatelli Romano grated cheese instead of parmesan, which has no flavor. Make a reservation here. They should extend their hours after 10 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in DiningTeacherVIPDined on 9/1/2013It was our first visit here and the food was very good. I had also been to the one in Carlsbad but the atmosphere here wins hands down. It's off the HWY 76 going East for 7 miles from the North Santa Fe Road light. Make a left and then immediate right into a well hidden shopping center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLocalFoodieDined on 8/28/2013I really love the food at Fresco Grill, as did the business associates I took to lunch there. Two of us had salads and the third had a pasta dish. We all split an order of cannoli for desert. We were the only table in the restaurant for our entire lunch, so we'd hoped to be in and out of there in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately that was not the case. When it came time to leave, we had to hunt down the waitress to get our check. Turns out she was in the kitchen, chatting with her coworkers. The food made a great impression, but the service ruined it.Special Features:
- food dissapointingluvgoodfoodDined on 8/4/2013After reading some reviews I was very disappointed with the veal piccata it lacked seasoning, the salad with hearts of palm salad nicely dressed but very skimpy on the hearts of palm a major flavor component. Tiramisu fake and not much flavor. In the interest of fairness I would give it another chance if I knew if I knew wether or not this was their regular chef, their menu interests me.
- I am still waiting to hearredheadDined on 8/3/2013I am still waiting to hear back from the owner regarding the 100 points I was supposed to get for this dining experience. . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there, won't be the lastsavagejimVIPDined on 7/4/2013Great fine, tucked away in a shopping center in quiet Bonsall. Great service, great food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We brought our 9-year-oldNickNameVIPDined on 6/28/2013We brought our 9-year-old niece with us, and our waitress was really good with her. Food excellent, as always. Really enjoyed the live music, as well. I guess it's not often you hear Johnny Cash songs at an Italian restaurant, but it was fun!Special Features:
- First time to Fresco in BonsallhappydinerDined on 6/16/2013I alway enjoy our time at Fresco's, Carlsbad. This location did not disappoint us...same wonderful food, great service and polite staff. Thank you Frescos for another enjoyable meal on Fathers Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the travelmks17Dined on 6/1/2013We were staying at Pala and wanted to see a movie. Went to small town of Bonsall...not much there but good little cinema and this restaurant was great. Good size portions and delicious desserts! Great service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walked over from the movieNickNameVIPDined on 5/18/2013Walked over from the movie theatre. Excellent way to do dinner and a movie! The food is always great, and I love the IPA they currently have on their beer list (I'm not much of a wine drinker). We often have Andrea waiting on us, and she always does such a nice job.Special Features:
- Beautiful birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013When you arrive you will note the comfortable and beautiful surroundings. The wait staff is terrific. They are well versed in the menu, personable and attentive. The food was well prepared and delicious. Because we were celebrating two birthdays they brought us the best tiramisu that I have tasted. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2013This was our third occasion and we had excellent food and service again. Music was also excellent although when I approached the singer to see if he could play/sing "Pretty Woman", he said he could and would but we never heard it. That would be the last time I will drop a $5 in his bucket! All in all, a great restaurant and one which we will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.