Fresco by Scotto
34 East 52nd st
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Fresco by Scotto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frescobyscotto.com/
- Phone: 2129353434
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Beau Houck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call Elaina Scotto or Natalie at 2127542700, we will handle all your catering needs.
- Entertainment: "People watching at it"s best" Zagat
A word from Fresco by Scotto
Fresco by Scotto is a family owned Italian restaurant in New York City. The concept is simple: serve delicious, fresh, seasonably inspired food in a warm atmosphere. Fresco by Scotto Restaurant has been opened since November 1993. It’s well known as the power broker’s lunch and star-filled entertainment industry dinner. Fresco by Scotto is often referred to as the “NBC Commissary”. Fresco by Scotto is owned and operated by the Scotto Family—Marion, Rosanna, Anthony, Jr.and Elaina Scotto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresco by Scotto reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)special occasion (66)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (47)hot spot (30)notable wine list (25)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fabulous night outAdswaveDined on 10/27/2014Fresco by Scotto does not disappoint. Enjoyable atmosphere with superb service marked by an excellent meal made our evening special. We opped for the fresh ravioli of the day as an appetitizer followed by the Branzini fish made for a great evening. Staff was attentive and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014The food was truly spectacular. The fresh mozzarella appetizer with a fig compote was the best I've ever had. The Veal Bolognese was to die for and the vegetable primavera the same. The blood orange mousse for dessert was amazing. This is a place that should not be missed. Fair prices, too. This was an amazing dining experience. I'm going back as soon as I can...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottoDebspickDined on 10/25/2014Had been to Scotto many years ago, and wanted to try it again. Overall good. Over priced, Italian food. I would not make a special trip to go there.
- Satisfied my curiosityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I made this res. to take my NYC college student out to dinner after seeing the Scotto family on NBC TODAY. I loved the recipes they made on the show and have made them at home. I was not overly excited about the restaurant menu. The dishes that were recommended by our waiter were not very appealing to me. I went with the duck and pasta dish. It was rich and I found that I really only ate the pasta from it. The wines were very expensive and after ordering a glass to have with dinner it was forgotten by my waiter. He did not come to check on our dinners until we were done. When I reminded him about the wine he said it was his fault but still charged full price when he brought it over after I dinner. Glad I checked it out.Special Features:
- 8dereVIPDined on 10/24/2014Very convenient location, staff was very professional - with smiles! Service was spot on - food was served promptly, but there was no preesure to turn the table - quality of the food was excellent - from appetizers to dessert. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Staff is very good. Restaurant is too loud even with 1:30 reservation on a Friday which I thought would more quiet for business discussion. Had small pizza, 2 small salads and 2 glasses of wine with 20% tip came to $140.00. Very pricey. Energetic is not how I would describe noise level it is annoying. Find a way to lower the noise decibels and reduce the prices and I'd welcome the opportunity to return to Fresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okdutchesDined on 10/23/2014Very so so - not what I expected after seeing all the prepared dished on tv. Wow
- Good But Seemed Better for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Food was good. Atmosphere was good. I took my daughter there for her 28th birthday and unfortunately while I made that known in my Open Table reservation asking for a good table, we had the worst possible table on a busy isle which ruined the experience. Also, the waiter was a little rude to my daughter for not being experienced in selecting wine. How experienced was he as a young person? If I were by myself or with colleagues or my wife I would have called him out on it but didn't trying not to make the situation worse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh, yesfamilyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Never falters, always spot on. Menu changes seasonally which is always nice. Professional servers, staff, pretty room and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moretina354Dined on 10/17/2014Arrived at 5:15 for a 5:30 reservation. Could not be seated as a meeting of staff was still going on. Couldnt get a drink at bar either and never was really directed. Had reservations for weeks place was empty but we were at a table right outside of kitchen. Waiter was a bit abrupt and seemed to be annoyed by us, not sure why. Tried to give him benefit of doubt and say it was a language or cultural barrier, but for a restaurant of this caliber and the fact they just had a staff meeting I would have expected more.Food was good not great but definitely delicious.More expensive than I expected.Special Features:
- fabulous ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Food was fabulous. I felt a bit rushed through the dining experience. We were asked if we wanted dessert 3 seconds after our last bite! I was hoping forca more, relaxed, intimate experience. I sometimes felt ready to be pounced upon! Overall great dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful hospitality!LoveNYCDined on 10/15/2014Very enjoyable dinner! Great waiter-Angelo! Made us feel at home while enjoying an amazing dinner! Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014Food and service were great. However, we had trouble talking because it was so noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingken29VIPDined on 10/14/2014Great gluten free paste and donuts filled with cream and made to order.Special Features:
- nice menu and good foodNYCJeanVIPDined on 10/13/2014My hallibut, the special that evening, was exceptional and we all enjoyed our meals. Enjoyed the ambiance, but we were seated along the all next to the corner and I felt the tables were too close. We could hear every single word of the conversation at the corner table and it was a little uncomfortable. Liked the bright decor and the food was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Although the food was very good, we found the prices to be high and we were rushed by our waiter. This is a restaurant you go once for the experience and may never go back.Special Features:
- Special CelebrationLovetolunchDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed a birthday celebration for two special people at this delicious, pleasant and scrumptious restaurant. Made even more special with a picture including Marion Scotto. Food is classic Italian. Portions are more than adequate. Wine list is large and varied.Special Features:
- Italian Treat in NYCGrizzDined on 10/8/2014I recently took my wife to Fresco by Scotto for our 25th anniversary and we were satisfied overall. I was in the city on business so she came in to join me and I was looking for a special option that would be suitable for the occasion. You're certainly limited with quiet, romantic and/or scenic choices in NYC, but I had been to Fresco for a group event in the past and thought the food was very good. As you might expect in NYC, the tables were close together, the restaurant was noisy so the ambiance was not great, but the food was very good and our waiter did his best to make us feel welcome nad have an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The food was excellent and the service was extremely good. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ResturantsparklebeeVIPDined on 10/3/2014Have now eaten here many times and always a positive experience. This was Saturday night and less crowded than during the week. My wife any I split a tri-color salad and the chicken parmigiana. A little broccoli rabe on the side also. All food prepared just right. I always think the room has a nice feel to it. Nice to see 8 members of the Scotto family also having dinner that night.Special Features:
- Great Food Reasonably PricedBeccaVIPDined on 10/1/2014Finding a nice restaurant with great food without the crazy NY City prices is not easy, but this one fits the bill. The staff is great from top to bottom, the food -- including the salads -- was remarkable, and the wine choices are sufficient. The tables can be a bit close to one another as it gets busy, but that is part of NYC. Our party of 3 was very happy with the selection.Special Features:
- Great food! EXCELLENT Service!MagnifiqueVIPDined on 9/27/2014From the moment the hostess greeted us and sat us at our table I knew we were in for a wonderful evening. Warm, inviting, accommodating (nothing is a problem for them). Restaurants like this are far and few in between. If I could I would give the staff 10 stars! Food was absolutely delicious and special requests were not only accommodated but done so seamlessly. Terrific evening and we will be back.Special Features:
- A Wonderful FindC65echsDined on 9/27/2014Having seen the Scotto family on the Today Show prompted our visit to their restaurant Fresco. We were so pleased with the great service, good food and friendly atmosphere. Our waiter and wine steward were exceptional! Had to buy their cookbook too! Hoping they enjoy many years of success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOKAYDined on 9/27/2014The special parmigiana dinner chicken with rigatoni was not of good quality The chicken was tough! The marinara sauce requested came late.Special Features:
- ExcellentMax0113Dined on 9/26/2014Service and food- superb. Excellent wine list and menu! Loved the tuna tartare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and great food!JoeMoonDined on 9/24/2014It is nice to be greated by the owner with a smile. We received excellent service and the waiters knew the menu and could describe dishes well. The meatball appetizer was delicious! Nice for a special occasion!Special Features:
- so goodfamilyVIPDined on 9/23/2014what can I say, always consistent that's why we keep going back. Menu changes with the seasons always something new and still the house favorites remain. If you haven't tried Fresco you must go.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A GOOD EXPERIENCE...DEB1VIPDined on 9/23/2014I don't get here often but when I think of a convenient midtown Italian dining place, I think of this and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- DeliciousEstherPDined on 9/23/2014I have been to Fresco many times and it never disappoints. I went with a group went to celebrate some milestones with co-workers and we were all impressed with the food, service and ambiance. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!AnnabellyDined on 9/17/2014Fesco by Scotto was amazing! I am so glad I was able to get a table during one of the night's I was in NYC. I actually ate here when I was a little girl on the night they opened so it was exciting to go back. They have a fantastic wine list and the food is wonderful! The service is impeccable and is actually what makes me love this restaurant. My waiter was so nice and went above and beyond to make sure my experience was perfect. The hostess was also so sweet and made me feel welcome as soon as I walked through the door. I can't wait to visit NYC again and eat at Fresco by Scotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific service and foodDanielVIPDined on 9/16/2014I brought a group of 10 business associates to dinner here and everyone raved about the food and service. We started out with the antipasti's (vegetable and meat/cheese) plus a small pizza assortment- all excellent. Everyone raved about their entree's as well and we finished it off with an assortment of desserts that were excellent. The wine steward did a great job in picking out an Italian Pinot that was well-priced and very flavorful. Highly recommend it for anyone with business in Midtown.Special Features:
- DavBernDined on 9/13/2014Fresco is always a good place for dinner. It is a long time favorite.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!donnDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had dinner at Fresco as a surprise gift from our daughter for our 43rd wedding anniversary. We both enjoyed the food tremendously and plan a trip back soon. I have already shared our positive experience with friends who are now anxious to try it themselves. The food was wonderful; great service and very classy!!!Special Features:
- Love this restaurantJudyDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful lunch! Enjoyed every bite of my food. Have never had a bad meal here!Special Features:
- New YorkHaileyresDined on 9/9/2014We go to Fresco every time we visit New York. You can count on good food and good service. Owner, Marion is always there to greet guests.Special Features:
- Delicious!DebADined on 9/9/2014A wonderful place with great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- A Great FindDebralee22Dined on 9/5/2014It was recommended by a friend. Everything about the place was excellent. There were four of us and we all loved it. It's a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Luv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Love this restaurant! Have been here several times to dine casually and to celebrate special occasions, and have never been disappointed. Top notch food and service.Special Features:
- Exceptional - All the above!KevinPDined on 9/4/2014What a place! Exceptional! Everything Exceptional! Plus, Rudy G was there at his normal front table!!!!!! Exceptional! Must do in NYC! Best Italian I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient For Mid Town LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014ok but somewhat overpriced food for lunch. Nice ambiance and attentive service. Chicken caesar salad used low quality dressing and chicken. Fried calamari good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.