Fresco by Scotto
34 East 52nd st
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Fresco by Scotto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frescobyscotto.com/
- Phone: 2129353434
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Beau Houck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call Elaina Scotto or Natalie at 2127542700, we will handle all your catering needs.
- Entertainment: "People watching at it"s best" Zagat
A word from Fresco by Scotto
Fresco by Scotto is a family owned Italian restaurant in New York City. The concept is simple: serve delicious, fresh, seasonably inspired food in a warm atmosphere. Fresco by Scotto Restaurant has been opened since November 1993. It’s well known as the power broker’s lunch and star-filled entertainment industry dinner. Fresco by Scotto is often referred to as the “NBC Commissary”. Fresco by Scotto is owned and operated by the Scotto Family—Marion, Rosanna, Anthony, Jr.and Elaina Scotto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresco by Scotto reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (62)great for lunch (53)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (27)hot spot (23)romantic (21)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A Wonderful FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Having seen the Scotto family on the Today Show prompted our visit to their restaurant Fresco. We were so pleased with the great service, good food and friendly atmosphere. Our waiter and wine steward were exceptional! Had to buy their cookbook too! Hoping they enjoy many years of success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Service and food- superb. Excellent wine list and menu! Loved the tuna tartare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and great food!JoeMoonDined on 9/24/2014It is nice to be greated by the owner with a smile. We received excellent service and the waiters knew the menu and could describe dishes well. The meatball appetizer was delicious! Nice for a special occasion!Special Features:
- so goodfamilyVIPDined on 9/23/2014what can I say, always consistent that's why we keep going back. Menu changes with the seasons always something new and still the house favorites remain. If you haven't tried Fresco you must go.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A GOOD EXPERIENCE...DEB1VIPDined on 9/23/2014I don't get here often but when I think of a convenient midtown Italian dining place, I think of this and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- DeliciousEstherPDined on 9/23/2014I have been to Fresco many times and it never disappoints. I went with a group went to celebrate some milestones with co-workers and we were all impressed with the food, service and ambiance. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!AnnabellyDined on 9/17/2014Fesco by Scotto was amazing! I am so glad I was able to get a table during one of the night's I was in NYC. I actually ate here when I was a little girl on the night they opened so it was exciting to go back. They have a fantastic wine list and the food is wonderful! The service is impeccable and is actually what makes me love this restaurant. My waiter was so nice and went above and beyond to make sure my experience was perfect. The hostess was also so sweet and made me feel welcome as soon as I walked through the door. I can't wait to visit NYC again and eat at Fresco by Scotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific service and foodDanielVIPDined on 9/16/2014I brought a group of 10 business associates to dinner here and everyone raved about the food and service. We started out with the antipasti's (vegetable and meat/cheese) plus a small pizza assortment- all excellent. Everyone raved about their entree's as well and we finished it off with an assortment of desserts that were excellent. The wine steward did a great job in picking out an Italian Pinot that was well-priced and very flavorful. Highly recommend it for anyone with business in Midtown.Special Features:
- DavBernDined on 9/13/2014Fresco is always a good place for dinner. It is a long time favorite.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!donnDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had dinner at Fresco as a surprise gift from our daughter for our 43rd wedding anniversary. We both enjoyed the food tremendously and plan a trip back soon. I have already shared our positive experience with friends who are now anxious to try it themselves. The food was wonderful; great service and very classy!!!Special Features:
- Love this restaurantJudyDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful lunch! Enjoyed every bite of my food. Have never had a bad meal here!Special Features:
- New YorkHaileyresDined on 9/9/2014We go to Fresco every time we visit New York. You can count on good food and good service. Owner, Marion is always there to greet guests.Special Features:
- Delicious!DebADined on 9/9/2014A wonderful place with great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- A Great FindDebralee22Dined on 9/5/2014It was recommended by a friend. Everything about the place was excellent. There were four of us and we all loved it. It's a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Luv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Love this restaurant! Have been here several times to dine casually and to celebrate special occasions, and have never been disappointed. Top notch food and service.Special Features:
- Exceptional - All the above!KevinPDined on 9/4/2014What a place! Exceptional! Everything Exceptional! Plus, Rudy G was there at his normal front table!!!!!! Exceptional! Must do in NYC! Best Italian I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient For Mid Town LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014ok but somewhat overpriced food for lunch. Nice ambiance and attentive service. Chicken caesar salad used low quality dressing and chicken. Fried calamari good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall meal!CTdinerDined on 9/3/2014Food was very delicious and not too fancy; just focused on taste and did a great job with flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodShontoVIPDined on 9/2/2014The Scotto family does an outstanding job with consistently great Italian food, wonderful service and a notable wine list.Special Features:
- happycamperDined on 8/25/2014Always dependable and one of our favorites. Terrific food, service and ambience. Plus a family owned enterprises that caters to its clients. a real winner.Special Features:
- Great MealSpringrollDined on 8/23/2014Our food was great, service very nice, would recommend and come backSpecial Features:
- Fresco by ScottoBonApetitDined on 8/23/2014This was my second visit and the experience was just as wonderful. The staff is friendly and very attentive, yet the atmosphere is relaxing and enjoyable. The food is delicious - from meatballs to linguini with clams ( tasted just like you would find in Italy), to lamb chops. My family and I will be back again! A gem in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JdtwJoesayssoDined on 8/22/2014Frescos was even better than we expected. The veal chop was the best I can recall and all the entrees and apps were excellent. Frescos is now on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Cuisine in MidtownVacationDinerDined on 8/12/2014We had a wonderful experience. The food was incredible. The selections were fresh and prepared with careful attention to detail. The food was served immediately, not held as some restaurants do, even though we had a larger group. I will definitely plan to return and my guests are also planning to frequent again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStraightupVIPDined on 8/9/2014We picked this restaurant as a place to dine with out of town friends. The noise level was fine for conversation,the room is very pretty and the meal was absolutely terrific. The menu is wonderful: we had a hard time deciding what to select so many things looked appetizing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FabulousSadieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Scotto is always my go to place--especially when out of town guests in town! Dinner this past Saturday evening was delicious-wine was too--with several people it is nice to have a diverse wine list! Thank you Scotto family-!!Special Features:
- Solid ItalianGactDined on 8/4/2014Always enjoy the service and food. Starting with the flat sticks through to desert, it's all solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DiningGeeGeeVIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate dinner at 5PM when the restaurant opened. We were coming from an afternoon Broadway show. The staff was still all chatting with each other and didn't quite seem ready for diners. I thought the service was inattentive and the food was not really hot. I had previously had lunch at the restaurant and it was excellent so I was very very disappointed especially since I had out of town guests with me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My twin daughters picked Fresco to celebrate their 13th birthday. It is one of their favorite restaurants. Unfortunately our waiter seemed to be aloof and forgot one of the most important parts of the meal. We asked him to put a candle in whatever desserts the girls ordered. He never did and I think they were disappointed. We hv been to Scotto several times but this was not one of our favorite times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPeterDined on 7/26/2014Service was fine but the food was just not very good. When I go to New York, I guess I expect a bit more from a restaurant given the number of very talented chefs in the city but Fresco did not come close. I had the cavatelli with sausage and broccoli rabe. The broccoli was overcooked and appeared more like pesto than broccoli rabe, The cavatelli was homemade but they were all stuck together so much of it was raw dough. With so many good restaurants to choose from in NYC, we wont be backSpecial Features:
- Not the bestBethVIPDined on 7/26/2014Out of all the restaurants in New York. This is a one and done restaurant. We've tried it and weren't impressed. The food was okay. Nothing great. Our server had an attitude. Was much too bothered to answer questions. We almost left. The tables are on top of each other. They fill all the corners first. So you are sitting right in each other's business. It was hard for the server to deliver food because it was so tight. Even though it's close to our hotel, we will walk the extra distance to another restaurant.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Dinner was delish! The service was the worst. Greeters were lovely , waiter was another story. We sat in the bar our waitress could have cared less that we or any one else was there. She did not make eye contact, check on wine refills (we had to ask others to get her), she would ask a question then immediately turn her back and start walking away while you were answering . She wasn't busy, there were only 3 tables at a time while we were there and the bussers did a lot off the work. The restaurant was definitely worthy of eating at -just won't have the same waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan GemKenlDined on 7/24/2014The four of us had early evening (6 PM) reservations and were greeted heartily and seated immediately. The restaurant was about 1/4 full when we arrived and close to capacity by the time we left. We were immediatly served a most delicious complimentary appetizer to share which consisted of a chip tower held together with a delicious Gorgonzola cheese. The wine list was quite extensive with a wide price range. Two of us also had drinks which were very generous pours. The pizza appetizer we ordered for the table had a delightful thin crust and was quite good. The pasta specials we had were all excellent. We had pastas with tomato and mushroom based sauces with some of the lightest pasta I've had. Prompt, friendly, knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchOsccawanalakeDined on 7/24/2014Went there for business lunch. Nice décor, friendly staff. Only had a salad, but the menu was nice and varied. Everyone enjoyed their food so I can only say very good things about the restaurant. Cappucino was also wonderful, so all and all I can say it was a very nice experience and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to eat in midtownSpecial Features:
- Loved itKatieMVIPDined on 7/21/2014Fresco by Scotto was recommended to my husband a few years ago and he had a great business dinner there. We returned a few years later and dined with our family. It was the friendliest, most genuinely gracious restaurant we visited in NYC. Excellent food, great service.Special Features:
- Always GoodnaplesfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is my wife's favorite place to dine in NY. Located at a very convenient location in Mid Town. We always find the food to be excellent. For the first time I had the veal chop. It was outstanding. The other people at my table raved about the pasta dishes. Fresco by Scotto is always on our list when we come to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring Your AppetiteCIATRAINEDDined on 7/18/2014I have formal culinary training although I do not work in the industry. Overall, the food and service are excellent. The portions are large. The meatballs were simply the best I have ever had--period. The seafood in the seafood salad was perfectly cooked and delicately seasoned. Even the bread was great. They pay attention to the details and their final product shows shows it. I will return many times.
- dcvisitorDined on 7/18/2014the food was very good, the service attentive, but two issues; first, there were tiny fruit flies flying around during our meal and second, i don't think i should be charged for a refill of seltzer (not a can, not a perrier, just plain old seltzer). i expect better than that from Fresco.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014We have been here three times now. We absolutely love your food and all the staff. Continue to make great food, and to make your guest feel so welcome!!! P.S. we are Italians so we know good food!!Special Features:
- POOR TREATMENT STALE BREADKathymac7Dined on 7/16/2014THERE WERE 6 LADIES WHO ARE REGULARS TO THE CITY. WE HAD NEVER BEEN TO FRESCO BEFORE AND WERE ANXIOUS TO TRY IT. OUR TABLE WAS IN THE BAR AREA RIGHT NEXT TO THE WINDOW (the window was open) (noisy bar crowd and noisy street Bread was STALE WHEN SERVED AND WE HAD TO ASK FOR IT. fRESH BREAD WAS FINALLY SERVED BUT ALSO AN ATTITUDE Needless to say we will not be back.Special Features: