Fresco by Scotto
34 East 52nd st
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Fresco by Scotto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frescobyscotto.com/
- Phone: (212) 935-3434
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Beau Houck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call Elaina Scotto or Natalie at 2127542700, we will handle all your catering needs.
- Entertainment: "People watching at it"s best" Zagat
A word from Fresco by Scotto
Fresco by Scotto is a family owned Italian restaurant in New York City. The concept is simple: serve delicious, fresh, seasonably inspired food in a warm atmosphere. Fresco by Scotto Restaurant has been opened since November 1993. It’s well known as the power broker’s lunch and star-filled entertainment industry dinner. Fresco by Scotto is often referred to as the “NBC Commissary”. Fresco by Scotto is owned and operated by the Scotto Family—Marion, Rosanna, Anthony, Jr.and Elaina Scotto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresco by Scotto reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)good for groups (62)special occasion (62)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (35)notable wine list (24)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful food but pricey.MandiMLDined on 11/22/2014Food was excellent, service was decent. A bit pricey, but worth the trip. More of a special occasion or group place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrankDined on 11/22/2014Service was fair at best. Salmon was undercooked. We were disappointed.
- The Best!Buzz64Dined on 11/19/2014A great New York Italian restaurant for special occasions. The staff was fantastic and helped to make our evening a truly special and memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadieVIPDined on 11/18/2014Great evening i brought 3 girlfriends who had never been to Scottos!! They loved everything from beginning to end as always Scottos makes for a perfect experience!! Love that Mrs. Scotto came by our table to chat too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations met!LadyDi16Dined on 11/15/2014Everyone has heard of Fresco if you watch the Today Show so I was eager to see if the it was all hype or truly fine cuisine. I am happy to say that our visit met expectations. Starting with a welcome bowl of delicious fried potato chips and zucchini covered with parmigiana cheese to the waiter's highly touted branzino ( one of the best I have ever eaten..and I eat alot of branzino), the food did not disappoint. I do have two criticisms; however which may seem petty. My husband was charged $5.00 extra for a switch to bolognese from marinara sauce on his pasta, and I was charged $2.00 for a cup of hot water! Tacky?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014He service and the food were amazing. All the people who work there are very friendly, helpful and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and Servicekatkev23VIPDined on 11/14/2014We were a group of 6 for lunch. We had the calamari appetizer and a pizza which was plenty for the table. The lunch courses were very plentiful and most of us couldn't finish our plates. I would recommend go after 2 pm for lunch as our server was especially attentive. The atmosphere was very casual and we were able to have a leisurely lunch without being rushed. Highlly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014despite ordering a table in advance, waited 30 minutes to be seated. Hostess seemed incapable. food overpriced. we celebrating a birthday, disappointed by birthday recognition - small candle on berry.
- Not what I expectedMelissaDined on 11/8/2014The service was great including the host. We were accommodated an hour early on a Saturday night. The food was very good but not amazing. I have wanted to go there for a long time and although I am not disappointed, I would not run back there either!Special Features:
- Great ChoicesChemnurseDined on 11/7/2014Great food, great services, slightly expensive for portions
- Service was atrociousTurleyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Waiter was rude, rushed our order and basically threw the food on the table. We said something to the manager and didn't really seem to care.
- Italian Food Par Excellencejan5ceeDined on 11/5/2014Loved this for a business dinner. Great selection & very unique "specials". Pasta is made from scratch and very good. The only criticism is a VERY expensive wine-by-the-glass list. Even in NYC when a waiter recommends a glass of wine it should not be $27. We will return at this excellent place with prompt and professional staff.Special Features:
- DWC1919DWC1919VIPDined on 11/1/2014Two weeks ago today, my wife and I invited three people to dinner at this restaurant. What should have been a very enjoyable evening became a nightmare thanks to a rude, unprofessional and arrogant manager. Our three guests all wanted white wine while my wife and I were drinking red so I oredred a bottle of each. After tasting it, all three guests said the white wine was off so I asked for the manager to whom I explained the problem. Instead of replacing the bottle, the manager proceeded to taste the wine himself and unceremoniously announced that "it was just fine"! As nobody wanted to drink it, I ordered a different kind of wine wich was fine. When the bill arrived, the first bottle had not been removed from the bill so I again asked to speak to the manager whi could not have been more obnoxious in ungracious if he tried! He adamantly refused to remove the charge, clamed we drank the first bottle which was not true and embarassed us in front of our guests and ruined a $650 meal because of a $50 bottle of wine that was corked! Needless to say, we will never fo back to this restaurant and I would strongly urge others to go elsewhere.
- First timer...HungryVIPDined on 10/30/2014Not a bad meal but not over the top either. We were a party of five and the majority really enjoyed their dinner. I'll give it another shot sometime...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsMerLat2Dined on 10/30/2014I had dinner with friends last week and had a pleasant experience at the restaurant. The food was delicious and plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- October 29, 2024CubaVIPDined on 10/29/2014The food at frescoes is absolutely Amazing !!! The staff are extremely responsive , yet not overwhelming. It is my favorite Italian restaurant!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingFoodiethatlikesamealDined on 10/29/2014I used to eat here every week, but haven't recently due to office location change. Came back to try it and I think they are slipping.Special Features:
- A winner!FoodFanDined on 10/28/2014The Sottos always make you feel right at home. The food and service are better than home! It's been my go to spot for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian FoodStevenFromPADined on 10/28/2014Excellent food with service to match. This was probably my third visit over the past five years and it has remained consistently good.Special Features:
- Fabulous night outAdswaveDined on 10/27/2014Fresco by Scotto does not disappoint. Enjoyable atmosphere with superb service marked by an excellent meal made our evening special. We opped for the fresh ravioli of the day as an appetitizer followed by the Branzini fish made for a great evening. Staff was attentive and very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenlyBravoItalianDined on 10/27/2014The food was truly spectacular. The fresh mozzarella appetizer with a fig compote was the best I've ever had. The Veal Bolognese was to die for and the vegetable primavera the same. The blood orange mousse for dessert was amazing. This is a place that should not be missed. Fair prices, too. This was an amazing dining experience. I'm going back as soon as I can...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good Old School ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2014We went to Fresco on Saturday night. We were escorted to a nice table in the back. The restaurant is larger than it appears & a beautiful place. The food is homestyle Italian with some modern touches. I had an eggplant appetizer which was quite large & very good. The red sauce, which I never order out, was pretty good. Most people would probably love it but they didn't grow up eating my mom's sauce. I opted for the pappardelle with mushroom & duck ragu. Simply spectacular! They have a great wine list, deep in vintages & very reasonably priced. Dennis, our server, was very knowledgeable about the menu & the service was excellent. They are also very kid friendly. I would highly recommend fresco & we will be going back on our next trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottoDebspickDined on 10/25/2014Had been to Scotto many years ago, and wanted to try it again. Overall good. Over priced, Italian food. I would not make a special trip to go there.
- Satisfied my curiosityconngirlDined on 10/24/2014I made this res. to take my NYC college student out to dinner after seeing the Scotto family on NBC TODAY. I loved the recipes they made on the show and have made them at home. I was not overly excited about the restaurant menu. The dishes that were recommended by our waiter were not very appealing to me. I went with the duck and pasta dish. It was rich and I found that I really only ate the pasta from it. The wines were very expensive and after ordering a glass to have with dinner it was forgotten by my waiter. He did not come to check on our dinners until we were done. When I reminded him about the wine he said it was his fault but still charged full price when he brought it over after I dinner. Glad I checked it out.Special Features:
- 8dereVIPDined on 10/24/2014Very convenient location, staff was very professional - with smiles! Service was spot on - food was served promptly, but there was no preesure to turn the table - quality of the food was excellent - from appetizers to dessert. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Staff is very good. Restaurant is too loud even with 1:30 reservation on a Friday which I thought would more quiet for business discussion. Had small pizza, 2 small salads and 2 glasses of wine with 20% tip came to $140.00. Very pricey. Energetic is not how I would describe noise level it is annoying. Find a way to lower the noise decibels and reduce the prices and I'd welcome the opportunity to return to Fresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okdutchesDined on 10/23/2014Very so so - not what I expected after seeing all the prepared dished on tv. Wow
- Good But Seemed Better for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Food was good. Atmosphere was good. I took my daughter there for her 28th birthday and unfortunately while I made that known in my Open Table reservation asking for a good table, we had the worst possible table on a busy isle which ruined the experience. Also, the waiter was a little rude to my daughter for not being experienced in selecting wine. How experienced was he as a young person? If I were by myself or with colleagues or my wife I would have called him out on it but didn't trying not to make the situation worse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh, yesfamilyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Never falters, always spot on. Menu changes seasonally which is always nice. Professional servers, staff, pretty room and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moretina354Dined on 10/17/2014Arrived at 5:15 for a 5:30 reservation. Could not be seated as a meeting of staff was still going on. Couldnt get a drink at bar either and never was really directed. Had reservations for weeks place was empty but we were at a table right outside of kitchen. Waiter was a bit abrupt and seemed to be annoyed by us, not sure why. Tried to give him benefit of doubt and say it was a language or cultural barrier, but for a restaurant of this caliber and the fact they just had a staff meeting I would have expected more.Food was good not great but definitely delicious.More expensive than I expected.Special Features:
- fabulous ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Food was fabulous. I felt a bit rushed through the dining experience. We were asked if we wanted dessert 3 seconds after our last bite! I was hoping forca more, relaxed, intimate experience. I sometimes felt ready to be pounced upon! Overall great dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful hospitality!LoveNYCDined on 10/15/2014Very enjoyable dinner! Great waiter-Angelo! Made us feel at home while enjoying an amazing dinner! Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014Food and service were great. However, we had trouble talking because it was so noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingken29VIPDined on 10/14/2014Great gluten free paste and donuts filled with cream and made to order.Special Features:
- nice menu and good foodNYCJeanVIPDined on 10/13/2014My hallibut, the special that evening, was exceptional and we all enjoyed our meals. Enjoyed the ambiance, but we were seated along the all next to the corner and I felt the tables were too close. We could hear every single word of the conversation at the corner table and it was a little uncomfortable. Liked the bright decor and the food was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Although the food was very good, we found the prices to be high and we were rushed by our waiter. This is a restaurant you go once for the experience and may never go back.Special Features:
- Special CelebrationLovetolunchDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed a birthday celebration for two special people at this delicious, pleasant and scrumptious restaurant. Made even more special with a picture including Marion Scotto. Food is classic Italian. Portions are more than adequate. Wine list is large and varied.Special Features:
- Italian Treat in NYCGrizzDined on 10/8/2014I recently took my wife to Fresco by Scotto for our 25th anniversary and we were satisfied overall. I was in the city on business so she came in to join me and I was looking for a special option that would be suitable for the occasion. You're certainly limited with quiet, romantic and/or scenic choices in NYC, but I had been to Fresco for a group event in the past and thought the food was very good. As you might expect in NYC, the tables were close together, the restaurant was noisy so the ambiance was not great, but the food was very good and our waiter did his best to make us feel welcome nad have an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The food was excellent and the service was extremely good. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ResturantsparklebeeVIPDined on 10/3/2014Have now eaten here many times and always a positive experience. This was Saturday night and less crowded than during the week. My wife any I split a tri-color salad and the chicken parmigiana. A little broccoli rabe on the side also. All food prepared just right. I always think the room has a nice feel to it. Nice to see 8 members of the Scotto family also having dinner that night.Special Features: