Fresca - Fillmore
2114 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Fresca - Fillmore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frescasf.com/
- Phone: 4154472668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday to Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Weekend Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Jose Calvo-Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Corporate Lunches/Dinners, Pre-Fixe Menus, Large Party Take-Out, Private Events, Dining on the Run, Picnic Lunches for concert goers, etc... You name it and we can help create it. Contact us at Tony@frescasf.com and tell us about your event needs and we will get back to you right away to help make your event the success you want.
- Entertainment: *NEW* Starting Monday July 11, 2011 we will be featuring a new Happy Hour Menu with great deals on food, Sangria, wines and beers. Our big window will be open and our awning will be out and you can people watch, snack and have some Sangria with a friend! Great way to unwind after a long day of work! See you on Monday Funday! Cheers ~ The team at Fresca on Fillmore
- Special Events: We can design menus for your special event or you can offer your guests our full menu to choose from
A word from Fresca - Fillmore
Only at Fresca will you find A Nouveau Peruvian Cuisine, a modernized style of Peruvian food crafted by Chef Jose Calvo-Perez, son of Julio and Zoila. We are proud to feature both traditional and A Nouveau Culinary styles in modernized presentations. We keep the Peruvian cuisine alive by keeping all traditional Peruvian ingredients and incorporating them into all our creations. Stop in and become a regular! Lot's of fun things going on here at Fresca and we want you to be a part of it. We have introduced a new weekend brunch menu and we are creating some new Happy Hour menus that will feature some of our fantastic wines and savory appetizers! Yum! Stop by and meet our new General Manager, Tony Rasmussen and welcome back our Chef, Manuel Rodriguez along with the rest of the team that makes Fresca on Fillmore a fabulous place to dine. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Fresca - Fillmore - Best Restaurants in Pacific Heights ›
Fresca - Fillmore reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)special occasion (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- DEE-licious!TheBobsterDined on 9/26/2014Our dinners were great. I had scallops on risotto and wife had lamb chops on rice. The chefs here definitely know what they're doing with subtle flavors, etc. When we didn't order drinks or apps the waiter turned sour and ignored us after that. I'd go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FindSarasotaLadyDined on 9/25/2014I invited two friends to join me for a casual dinner at Fresca and we loved the food. I had recently moved to the area relied on an Open Table search to find out good neighbor restaurants and Fresca had great reviews. Everything was wonderful and I have already made another dinner reservation and can't wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 minutes additional waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2014Despite making the reservation online through opentable we still has to wait outside for an additional 30 minutes before getting a table, food was good but the place was very very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodCoHighPriestessDined on 9/16/2014We got hooked on ceviche on a trip to Peru, so we seek it out when we are looking for restaurants. Overall, the ceviche was good - not OMG amazing - but we did order two rounds of the quarto-tasting option, so obviously we though it was decent. I will say we were a bit surprised that we were charged $5 per plantain chip basket, which is Fresca's updated take on the tortilla chip, which is what is traditionally served in Peru. It just struck us as cheap - do you want your customers to have a good experience or not? Then don't nickel and dime them on an essential to the experience...
- Great Peruvian foodMarkEngelsDined on 9/13/2014Not much of a reviewer, but I went with my girlfriend on a Saturday around 9 and had a great experience. Sure the wait staff was quick and courteous, but the real highlight was the food. We had the big eye tuna ceviche and fried seafood appetizer which were great and followed it up with her getting the fried dorade (adorned with mussels, clams and shrimp) and me the lomo saltado. Both were ridiculously good and (for those who like this) the portions were huge. Needless to say we took food home. Desert was solid as well, but the ceviche and entrees where undoubtedly the highlight. Would highly recommend and will definitely repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnieDined on 9/9/2014First time to dine here with my other 3 girlfriends. Had a reservation at 7pm but since we got there half an hour early we asked if they can take us in and without hesitation , the nice hostess gladly took us in. Prior in making reservation here, I checked out all the reviews and mostly are positive and it did not disappointed me and my girlfriends. The food is very good! The Ceviches were great and so as the appetizer, although I was a bit disappointed that they did not have the salmon with squid ink rice, but nevertheless the porkchop was tender and flavorful! The sangrias are a must, refreshing! The paella, that my friend ordered was ok, pricey for a small and few seafood mixed. Overall, it is wonderful place to dine but a bit pricey!Special Features:
- Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014our wait staff was not attentive at all with our party of six. it took him a long time to come with our drinks. he didn't fill water glasses, we had to continually ask. worst was he didn't announce he was setting down the entry and hit two of the guests with the plate on the corner of their cheeks and in their eyes. he did state he was sorry, but he didn't even compensate by offering a free dessert to them. i was very disappointed as this is one of our favorite places to go. on the positive the table was ready for us when we arrived, however, they pushed us up against the walls so that the person sitting on the inner seat against the wall had to have people get up so that they could go to the restroom. we felt very cramped.Special Features:
- Enjoyed dinner at Fresca...sfkiskaDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. Never tried before Peruvian cuisine and we weren't disappointed. The service was prompt and food was tasty. Guess we have to come back some times to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Latin Fusion on FillmorefoodieDined on 8/27/2014The food was delicious, innovative and beautiful. Lots of interesting spices. We are glad we dined early as the noise level rose dramatically after 7 PM. Service is adequate and rapid but not friendly or attentive.Special Features:
- Great peruvian food!XyzzDined on 8/25/2014We ordered Lomo Saltado, along with fried plantain. They came quickly, and were delicious! We also had sangria, which is spanish drink, and Chicha Morada, a Perucian non-alcoholic drink, both were good. For dessert, Picarones, which according to a Peruvian friend, can't be foind easily , and Tres Leches cake, very moist as we like it! I highly recommend this place for anybody wanting to try authentic Peruvian Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- faltaban unas cosasallquallqamDined on 8/18/2014I live in Peru and was hoping to have my family experience some of the amazing cuisine closer to home. They were out of my favorite beer and my favorite dish and the waitress was completely unapologetic. The appetizers were okay but the waitress kept clearing the plates as we were literally still eating off of them. She also mistook our wine order, poured half a glass of a different kind of wine into the already incorrect glass, and then took a correctly ordered glass away by mistake. Overall, the food was just okay, of average price for the city, and below average service. More than likely we will not be returning.
- SFNativesDined on 8/18/2014We found the paella to be excellent and served promptly and hot. The waitress was friendly and efficient and attentive even when it turned busy. The lamb chops were grilled and well seasoned and prepared as requested. The wine list is current and offers a wide selection. We would return, and were delighted the restaurant was full when we left.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014dishes very authentic (Peruvian), and the seafood very fresh. Our lamb chops were excellent.Special Features:
- ElizVIPDined on 8/16/2014Service was friendly, if a little hit-and-miss considering that the place was not packed (I had to repeatedly ask for a side of aji Amarillo to dip the rather dull fries in). The lechon asado sandwich underwhelmed me--the main attraction there is crispy pork skin, and I kept finding lots of pieces of fat instead. Plus, near the end I bit down on a piece of what looked like hard crab shell; if the crab dishes are being prepped so closely to the other dishes, this is bad news for people with allergies. I may give Fresca another chance someday, but probably not for a long while.
- Peruvian DelightfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Pollo a la Brasa & Trucha Encebollada is yummy & the purple corn creme brulee is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rapid ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Our server must just had a spat with his girlfriend before coming to work. We couldn't get a hint of a smile on his face all evening. He brought the bill to us without ever asking if we wanted dessert which we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayMargaretMcDined on 8/2/2014We dined here on a Saturday evening. The place was packed. The service was slow but the food was good.
- Food was very much mediocreWvorticesDined on 8/1/2014Appetizers of crab puffs and beet salad were good but the skirt steak and sea bass were not flavorful at all. My sea bass was also over cooked. Both my date and I also experienced some after effects later on from something we ate there. The service was nice and our table was good.
- Fabulous Food, not so fab serviceSFGiantsGirlDined on 7/26/2014The food here is consistently good. They are very good at making paella, all the fish dishes are so delicious! The shrimp bisque is creamy loveliness, with nice big prawns, potato, corn, rice and it's spicy! The whole fried Dorado was great, seasoned well and while fried, it wasn't overdone! The pumpkin fritters were bad, no flavor, oily, desserts are not their forte. Okay, now all the accolades go to the food. We love the food here, and it is really good, but just know that the service (at the Fillmore location) just isn't that great. The food is spicy but they don't stay on top of refilling your water. Even after asking for something it took them twenty minutes to get it to us. Just FYI service is sketchy, but the food is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for catching up w/ friendsKRTUDined on 7/26/2014First tip...the serving size of the ceviche appetizers is enough for a meal. That said, the entrees are so fresh and delicious that you'll want to order both. Of course, this left us no room for dessert, but I'm sure we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatMauiGirlDined on 7/26/2014I REALLY loved Fresca. It was my first time dinning.Food was SUPERB and the service was EXcellent. Our waitress was super friendly and she was just so pleasant person to deal with. I would definitely go back to Fresca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainbow trout is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The ambience and location is great! The appetizers were ok, but the Rainbow Trout is out of this world! That's a must try!
- FrescawingjVIPDined on 7/20/2014We have never been disappointed with many visits at all their many locations. The food & service remained consistent through the years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchieDined on 7/20/2014The venue is unenjoyably crowded and noisy for weekend brunch. I love the 12$ bottomless mimosa, and I've been here other times and thought the food was great, but the Eggs Benedict this week was underwhelming with tough ham and had only a small portion on sides.Special Features:
- Nice findDaddioDined on 7/19/2014Despite waiting for our table (outside) for 30 minutes past our reservation time, we enjoyed the variety of choices on the menu--enough but not too many. The food was delicious. We can't speak to its authenticity, but it was good. Our waiter was helpful and attentive. The wine list offered good choices. The crowd was upbeat and lively, but the overall noise level forced us to really strain to hear and be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spotSkincarequeenDined on 7/18/2014Loved everything we ordered- three different civeche, mussels, flush special, crime brûlée and tres leche cake. The staff was friendly and genuine. Vibe is fun loud and kind of sexy. Great date spot. Will definitely be going back many many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ok serviceRollie14Dined on 7/18/2014Went on a Friday night. Changed the time of my reservation over the phone... Come to find out when we arrived.. they didn't hold our spot! The hostess was rude and had an attitude! Although they didn't have any more available tables they did have room at the bar, so we stayed. Service was slow.. Waiter was busy. We did go on a Friday night, but the food was good. Everything we ordered on the menu was delicious. The staff wasn't too friendly.. Its small and loud in there... But if you're looking to eat good Peruvian food, go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Great food, atmosphere and service. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful cevicheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014The several options for ceviche will not disappoint, try any of them and you will experience complex flavors that light up your mouth! The entrees also are just fantastic. We had duck, trout, chicken and scallops among the four of us, and ALL of us loved every bite. The shortbread Dulce DE Leche with ice cream ended the meal on one delightful note. I live in this hood and not sure why I do not go more often, but I will. Fillmore Street is always fun and eating at Fresca is the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Great cuisine for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014Our second visit for a family dinner was another success. The appetizers were delicious and the main seafood dishes as well. Even the deserts were very tasty. In summary: You should stop by and enjoy great Peruvian food and courteous service.Special Features:
- Packed on a holidayJohnDined on 7/4/2014Food was good and the place was packed. But they were understaffed, so the pace of the night was slightly off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresca Never DisapointsbeatsVIPDined on 6/30/2014this is a favorite casual spot of ours in the city. they are kid friendly but you want to go on the early side as it gets very crowded and noisy. your kids should also be pretty adventurous eaters as they don't have a kids menu. the ceviche is definitely their specialty.Special Features:
- Restaurant is awesome but...errkDined on 6/28/2014..they lost my reservation. Some sort of miscommunication between OpenTable and the Staff. They even called me to confirm earlier in the day. However, when I arrived they had no record of my reservation. Weird. It's all good though! They sat us right away when they realized there had been some kind of mistake. Good job, Fresca. The food is always amazing. No complaints whatsoever on that front. Cusqeña Pilser is awesome. Anticuchos and Crab wontons are insanely good appetizers. And the Pescado A lo Macho is probably one of the best dishes ever conceived by man. Kudos to the chef staff here. The Wait staff were great and as attentive as possible though they seem spread a little thin. Didn't really affect the overall experience. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJohnDined on 6/23/2014My girlfriend and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary; since she is Peruvian, I felt Fresca was a fitting location. We were greeted with a complimentary round of champagne and a warm welcome. The food kept getting better and better with each dish (2 appetizers, 2 main dishes). I have visited Peru before and can say that the food from Fresca is, as far as I can tell, indistinguishable from the traditional dishes I tried while I was there. I would highly recommend Fresca to anyone, even if it is for a date on a budget (not too pricy). I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Ceviche!KathyVIPDined on 6/23/2014You must try the ceviche at Fresca, and there are several choices to select from, including sampler combinations. All of the food is great and this is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. The noise level is too high, but that seems to be "normal" these days.Special Features:
- Good food, lackluster ambienceFoxetteDined on 6/23/2014From previous reviews I was expecting something a bit more upmarket so was surprised by the lack of street appeal and slightly tired decor inside. Asked a couple of questions about the wine and the waitress (who was lovely) didn't really know anything about the wine but quickly offered a taste. The food was very good, but the overall experience was just brought down a bit by the (lack of) ambience (week day lunch so only about 4 other diners) and interior. Probably a good choice if your only requirement is getting something quick and tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian FindSFfoodieDined on 6/19/2014This place is great whether you are looking for a great fish place or want a nice piece of meat. On my last visit I had a meat entree which was outstanding and this time my friend and I each had fish. Both were outstanding. We each had a different dessert and both were fantastic as well.
- Yummy LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014Great food! Had lunch here and really enjoyed all the unique fresh flavours.Special Features:
- Fresca for freshRickCathDined on 6/8/2014Four of us wound up sampling the menu widely and shared plates-which is a fun way to dine. The ceviche trio had immaculate fresh fish, but could have added more variety of ingredients. The fried plantain chips were a perfect accompaniment. The yuca frita was a tasty side dish with good spicy sauce. Notable entrees were Churrasco a lo pore, and a special--Corvina. Very tasty and perfectly fresh and well-prepared. The sangria was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant so farchrisDined on 6/3/2014Have eaten out for 2 weeks whilst in LA, Vegas and San Fransisco. This was the best meal so far. Só good we even had dessert. The only downside was they had run out of the two desserts we initially chose. Reasonably priced and reasonably sized portions. Really good, would go back if we could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 846 reviews are from the Fresca - Fillmore reviews archive.