Fresca - 24th Street
3945 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94114Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Fresca - 24th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frescasf.com/
- Phone: 4156950549
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11.00pm - 3.00pm Dinner: Monday to Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Saturday & Sunday: Weekend Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Jose Calvo-Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Weekly Happy Hour at the Bar 3-6:30 PM Monday-Friday Monday Mojito Tuesday Margarita Wednesday Caipirihna Thursday Pisco Sour Friday Sangria $5
- Special Events: NEW YEAR'S EVE -Three Course Prix Fixe Meal
Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM -
$55.00 per person.
(No a la carte menu)
A word from Fresca - 24th Street
Only at Fresca will you find Nouveau Peruvian Cuisine, a modernized style of Peruvian food crafted by Chef Jose Calvo-Perez. We keep the Peruvian cuisine alive by keeping all traditional Peruvian ingredients and incorporating them into modern creations. Experience Fresca’s luxurious new unlimited Mimosas brunch featuring an extensive Raw Bar with amazing ceviches and latin inspired oyster shooters and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fresca - 24th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (22)great for brunch (15)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (13)romantic (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great lunch!alphaDined on 10/21/2014My three friends and I had a great lunch at Fresca, starting with the traditional Pisco Sour, and then following up with anticuchi, ceviche, and other Peruvian dishes. All four of us were very happy!Special Features:
- Good food, service not so muchGrubseekerDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed the various Peruvian menu options, good variety and not the usual suspects. Energetic place with significant noise level. Got seated 40 minutes after our reservation time with various false starts. Bar is challenged to keep up with drink orders in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterangel4etomimiDined on 10/7/2014We've been going to this place frequently for more than 2 years. I even celebrated my birthday there last year with 20 friends. Everybody liked everything about it - including the food and the service. Recently it started losing its charms, the services got poor and the food dropped a star too. I love peruvian cuisine and I would really love it if they pick up their supreme quality again.Special Features:
- Meh..macdaddyDined on 9/29/2014We've been to Fresca many times in the past and this is the first time the food and service were just so-so. The ceviche was uninspired, the lamb shank was over cooked and dry, the mussels and sausage dish was good but portion size was small. I really hope this is not a trend at our local spot.Special Features:
- Food and PiscosThreeoldladyGiantsfansDined on 9/28/2014Love the variety of food and the great pisco sours. The chicken is the BEST and also have always loved the seafood. The waiters are always attentive and informative. Plus the whole place is alive and full of laughter. Good place to celebrate a Giants' victory! We come here to celebrate or to commiserate.Special Features:
- Great food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014I met clients from out-of-town and we had a delightful meal. We allowed the food server to recommend what we should eat -- and his recommendations were amazingly tasty and filling. Nice wine list. Ambiance and people watching (if you sit near the front windows).Special Features:
- HmmmmSupperClubSFVIPDined on 9/22/2014Eaten there many times but this time was bad. I'll give it another shot, however.
- Set UpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We had reservations for 4 weeks. When we arrived the tables were not set up and we had to wait before we were seated. No one seemed to know where our group was suppose to sit.Special Features:
- Reductions in portions latelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Fresco has been our fall back go out spot for many years. We have always loved the food and the portions while not ample have always been fulfilling and reasonable. Several times now we have been told they don't have bread. This time we did get some but then we were told they were out and were left to eat our smaller than usual amount of mussels and soup with no bread. Even the mussels had one piece for two people while the people around us ate bread. Seriously, if I spend over 70 dollars for a meal then bread shouldn't be an issue.Special Features:
- THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVERNotthesameVIPDined on 9/12/2014WAITED 45 MINUTES FOR APPETIZERS. ANOTHER 45 MINUTES FOR MAIN COURSES. WHEN WE COMPLAINED, WE WERE TOLD TO STOP EATING. APRIL THE MANAGER SAID THEY WERE DOWN TWO COOKS AND TRAINING ANOTHER. I TOLD HER THAT WAS NOT OUR FAULT AND DID NOT BELIEVE WE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS MEAL.
- Good food, not-so-good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/6/2014Seven of us had brunch at Fresca last Sunday. They were able to easily accommodate our larger party, and although the food was good, the service left much to be desired. Long waits for drinks, ordering and in between courses. One of our orders was forgotten. Servers seemed scattered were inattentive to the point of being pretty much absent. Bread was set on our table only toward the end of our meal (to our collective surprise), and they could only give us 4 of the 5 Bloody Mary's we ordered because they ran out. (At noon on a Sunday? Really?) I've really enjoyed Fresca's food in the past, but after this experience -- along with another where service was very spotty -- I don't know that I'll be returning.
- Good food-bad servicersfo123VIPDined on 9/5/2014I have dined at Fresca two times recently. Both times the food was excellent. The first time the service was okay if a bit slow. . This Friday the service was some of the worst I have ever received in SF. It was not only slow, but inattentive, including at arrival. The lack of service was consistent throughout the meal, from bus boy to waiter. We gave up on dessert because it took so long for the waiter to return to get our order., My wine arrived when I was almost finished eating. My dining companion said the ceviche was some of the best she had ever eaten. I love the trout with shrimp and two of my dining companions enjoyed the fish stew.Special Features:
- Service Gone WrongRCL28VIPDined on 9/5/2014One of the worst service experiences I have ever had in San Francisco! I was with an elderly friend and we waited over 20 minutes for our reserved table! The staff (and owner) never even greeted us! The restaurant was clearly over-booked and extremely noisy and chaotic! With all of the other great restaurants in Noe/Mission, I will not be returning to Fresca in anytime soon.Special Features:
- Fresca is my neighborhood stapleFavoritePlacesVIPDined on 8/26/2014I've been going to Fresca on 24th for a couple of years - service is always great and food is excellent. They redid their menu 2 weeks ago - and I really like the smaller new plates/appetizers. I'm not sure if Caipirinhas are on the menu exactly (frescos not Brazilian), but I always get a great one when I ask for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondyDined on 8/23/2014I have gone here before and have been satisfied with the food and service. However, not this time. We had reservations for 5 at 6:15. We met the hostess at the door, who immediately took us to our table. And there we sat for at least 10 minutes. They were not busy. There was plenty of staff milling around, past our table. The hostess looked square at me several times. Finally, we stopped one of the waiters and asked if we could order a drink. He walked off waving his hands in the air. Then a few more minutes later, one of the waiters emerged and took our drink orders, talked about the menu and wandered off. I had to ask for water, and it was another 10 minutes before we got our drink order delivered. I won't be back.
- Mediocre. Pushy waiter. OverpricedNoevalleyfoodguyDined on 8/13/2014Had the chicken dish. Food was decent. The waiter, however, was pushy and not pleasant. The drinks are overpriced. So are the apps. I live in Noe Valley so it's convenient. But I always leave disappointed and feeling as if I just paid too much money for what I got in return.
- all around great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Nice combination of good food, beautiful decor and CLEAN bathrooms. Does not try to be trendy and wait staff are very friendly. Easy to get a table and nice place to bring out of town guests.Special Features:
- Lovely Neighborhood BrunchRobertDined on 8/9/2014Very very nice. Excellent food selection. $12 bottomless mimosa... Can I say more?Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Fresca never disappoints! It's great that they have a full-service bar.Special Features:
- good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014I've been here a half dozen times and am always impressed. Not a bad meal yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Fresca has really delicious Peruvian Food. My husband is from Peru, and it is hard to find Peruvian Restaraunts in the Monterey Bay, where we live. We found Fresca in SF, and it is worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, no-nonsenseRobertDined on 7/26/2014I'm really pleased with this local gem. Not fancy, but great food and good service!Special Features:
- Delicious, Great ServiceKJSFVIPDined on 7/13/2014We go to this restaurant, and the West Portal location, lot. It's a good option if one or more people in your party are vegetarians (lots of fish and vegetarian options)Special Features:
- Always an A+ ExperienceMelissaloo27VIPDined on 7/5/2014Food, check! Beverages, check! Great staff, check! Every time is a great meal, brunch, lunch, or dinner - I love this place!Special Features:
- Big group - great serviceLDSPVIPDined on 7/4/2014We had no problems with the service. Our group of 5 sat in the rounded booth in the back, which helped with a high noise level. We thought the portions were very generous: the leg of lamb was the largest we've encountered. We split a ceviche trio and ceviche quartet between 5 people, got 3 orders of empanadas, and then had main courses but no desserts. The tasty soup and one order of cause was enough for a meal, replacing a larger entree for one person. The steak was well-prepared. The empanadas are small and somewhat deconstructed, with the olive and egg served as garnishes, but the flavors matched the Bolivian/Peruvian traditional preparation we hoped for. Will return - very quick service; food temperatures were appropriately cold/hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Great drinks, ceviches, and small plates! We had 2 fish entrees and unfortunately they were overcooked. Maybe it was an off night? Next time, we will stick with small plates and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired, starch-festOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/4/2014There are many different sounding dishes that are essentially the same: marinated or shredded meats couples with potatoes. Pinot overly fresh, generally devoid of green or anything light or healthy. Weak wine options for the money.
- Delicious. excellent veg optionsKJSFVIPDined on 7/2/2014Large portions. Excellent fish an other non meat non pasta options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 640 reviews are from the Fresca - 24th Street reviews archive.
- NewDiningExperienceDined on 6/27/2014Excellent dining experience in all aspects: : great food, wonderful friendly and helpful serviceSpecial Features:
- quality going down?FrescaFrequentFlyerDined on 6/27/2014I eat here once per month -- and I love so many things about. But tonight's Fresca's signature chicken dish was dry and stringy. Was shocked. Service (in a not full restaurant) was strrained; to much for the server we had.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014Always consistently great. Love the ceviches...I usually ask the wait staff to choose our ceviches for us...always a good move. Love it there....Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Amazing food and very knowledgeable server! My only complaint is that our table was right next to the door, so people waiting for tables were practically sitting in my lap. They need a better spot for people to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience!MoffattDined on 6/17/2014Celebrated a birthday here this week. As always, the food and service were great. So happy to have this quality restaurant in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food and normally good service. Last time we went the server was not the best. Forgot to put our drink orders I. And then blamed the bar. Then did the same thing with the second round - at that point we just canceled the order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delighftfoodDined on 6/14/2014Great food, my company enjoyed the dishes they ordered, such as aji de gallina, the lamb, and the fish. I have dined at Fresca before, and I will return again, if friends would like to try Peruvian food. The pisco sour drink was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So tastyalexxDined on 6/14/2014Delicious food. I could have done with a little bigger portions on the ceviche -- pretty expensive for pretty small serving, but tasty enough to be worthwhile nonetheless.Special Features:
- Lovely time at Fresca'sJudeDined on 6/7/2014Went on a very lively Saturday night. Had empanadas, Caesar salad, and pork chop. All were tasty, but I especially liked the empanadas. The staff were friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDirkDined on 6/5/2014Food was amazing as always, great cocktails and wine selection. Service very professional and friendly, but food took a long time to prepare. We were very happy overall nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gary BOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/29/2014Our waiter was great, knew the food well and helped us with some great selections. The place got really busy so am glad we reserved a table on line vie Open Table. This will be one of my fave restos for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good but small portionsluveVIPDined on 5/24/2014The ceviche was good. The sauce for the fried seafood was not good. Great Pisco sours.