Fresca - 24th Street
3945 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94114Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Fresca - 24th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frescasf.com/
- Phone: 4156950549
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11.00pm - 3.00pm Dinner: Monday to Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Saturday & Sunday: Weekend Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Jose Calvo-Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Weekly Happy Hour at the Bar 3-6:30 PM Monday-Friday Monday Mojito Tuesday Margarita Wednesday Caipirihna Thursday Pisco Sour Friday Sangria $5
- Special Events: NEW YEAR'S EVE -Three Course Prix Fixe Meal
Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM -
$55.00 per person.
(No a la carte menu)
A word from Fresca - 24th Street
Only at Fresca will you find Nouveau Peruvian Cuisine, a modernized style of Peruvian food crafted by Chef Jose Calvo-Perez. We keep the Peruvian cuisine alive by keeping all traditional Peruvian ingredients and incorporating them into modern creations. Experience Fresca’s luxurious new unlimited Mimosas brunch featuring an extensive Raw Bar with amazing ceviches and latin inspired oyster shooters and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Fresca - 24th Street - Best Restaurants in Noe Valley ›
Fresca - 24th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (22)great for brunch (17)special occasion (14)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fresca is my neighborhood stapleFavoritePlacesVIPDined on 8/26/2014I've been going to Fresca on 24th for a couple of years - service is always great and food is excellent. They redid their menu 2 weeks ago - and I really like the smaller new plates/appetizers. I'm not sure if Caipirinhas are on the menu exactly (frescos not Brazilian), but I always get a great one when I ask for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondyDined on 8/23/2014I have gone here before and have been satisfied with the food and service. However, not this time. We had reservations for 5 at 6:15. We met the hostess at the door, who immediately took us to our table. And there we sat for at least 10 minutes. They were not busy. There was plenty of staff milling around, past our table. The hostess looked square at me several times. Finally, we stopped one of the waiters and asked if we could order a drink. He walked off waving his hands in the air. Then a few more minutes later, one of the waiters emerged and took our drink orders, talked about the menu and wandered off. I had to ask for water, and it was another 10 minutes before we got our drink order delivered. I won't be back.
- Mediocre. Pushy waiter. OverpricedNoevalleyfoodguyDined on 8/13/2014Had the chicken dish. Food was decent. The waiter, however, was pushy and not pleasant. The drinks are overpriced. So are the apps. I live in Noe Valley so it's convenient. But I always leave disappointed and feeling as if I just paid too much money for what I got in return.
- all around great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Nice combination of good food, beautiful decor and CLEAN bathrooms. Does not try to be trendy and wait staff are very friendly. Easy to get a table and nice place to bring out of town guests.Special Features:
- Lovely Neighborhood BrunchRobertDined on 8/9/2014Very very nice. Excellent food selection. $12 bottomless mimosa... Can I say more?Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Fresca never disappoints! It's great that they have a full-service bar.Special Features:
- good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014I've been here a half dozen times and am always impressed. Not a bad meal yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Fresca has really delicious Peruvian Food. My husband is from Peru, and it is hard to find Peruvian Restaraunts in the Monterey Bay, where we live. We found Fresca in SF, and it is worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, no-nonsenseRobertDined on 7/26/2014I'm really pleased with this local gem. Not fancy, but great food and good service!Special Features:
- Delicious, Great ServiceKJSFVIPDined on 7/13/2014We go to this restaurant, and the West Portal location, lot. It's a good option if one or more people in your party are vegetarians (lots of fish and vegetarian options)Special Features:
- Always an A+ ExperienceMelissaloo27VIPDined on 7/5/2014Food, check! Beverages, check! Great staff, check! Every time is a great meal, brunch, lunch, or dinner - I love this place!Special Features:
- Big group - great serviceLDSPVIPDined on 7/4/2014We had no problems with the service. Our group of 5 sat in the rounded booth in the back, which helped with a high noise level. We thought the portions were very generous: the leg of lamb was the largest we've encountered. We split a ceviche trio and ceviche quartet between 5 people, got 3 orders of empanadas, and then had main courses but no desserts. The tasty soup and one order of cause was enough for a meal, replacing a larger entree for one person. The steak was well-prepared. The empanadas are small and somewhat deconstructed, with the olive and egg served as garnishes, but the flavors matched the Bolivian/Peruvian traditional preparation we hoped for. Will return - very quick service; food temperatures were appropriately cold/hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Great drinks, ceviches, and small plates! We had 2 fish entrees and unfortunately they were overcooked. Maybe it was an off night? Next time, we will stick with small plates and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired, starch-festOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/4/2014There are many different sounding dishes that are essentially the same: marinated or shredded meats couples with potatoes. Pinot overly fresh, generally devoid of green or anything light or healthy. Weak wine options for the money.
- Delicious. excellent veg optionsKJSFVIPDined on 7/2/2014Large portions. Excellent fish an other non meat non pasta options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewDiningExperienceDined on 6/27/2014Excellent dining experience in all aspects: : great food, wonderful friendly and helpful serviceSpecial Features:
- quality going down?FrescaFrequentFlyerDined on 6/27/2014I eat here once per month -- and I love so many things about. But tonight's Fresca's signature chicken dish was dry and stringy. Was shocked. Service (in a not full restaurant) was strrained; to much for the server we had.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014Always consistently great. Love the ceviches...I usually ask the wait staff to choose our ceviches for us...always a good move. Love it there....Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Amazing food and very knowledgeable server! My only complaint is that our table was right next to the door, so people waiting for tables were practically sitting in my lap. They need a better spot for people to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience!MoffattDined on 6/17/2014Celebrated a birthday here this week. As always, the food and service were great. So happy to have this quality restaurant in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food and normally good service. Last time we went the server was not the best. Forgot to put our drink orders I. And then blamed the bar. Then did the same thing with the second round - at that point we just canceled the order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delighftfoodDined on 6/14/2014Great food, my company enjoyed the dishes they ordered, such as aji de gallina, the lamb, and the fish. I have dined at Fresca before, and I will return again, if friends would like to try Peruvian food. The pisco sour drink was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So tastyalexxDined on 6/14/2014Delicious food. I could have done with a little bigger portions on the ceviche -- pretty expensive for pretty small serving, but tasty enough to be worthwhile nonetheless.Special Features:
- Lovely time at Fresca'sJudeDined on 6/7/2014Went on a very lively Saturday night. Had empanadas, Caesar salad, and pork chop. All were tasty, but I especially liked the empanadas. The staff were friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDirkDined on 6/5/2014Food was amazing as always, great cocktails and wine selection. Service very professional and friendly, but food took a long time to prepare. We were very happy overall nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gary BOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2014Our waiter was great, knew the food well and helped us with some great selections. The place got really busy so am glad we reserved a table on line vie Open Table. This will be one of my fave restos for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good but small portionsluveDined on 5/24/2014The ceviche was good. The sauce for the fried seafood was not good. Great Pisco sours.
- Chaos, chaos, chaosNetaDined on 5/24/2014This was a reservation for a birthday, with a request for window table. Waited for 10 min for a host, then seated in the back near a large party (even though a table was open at the front near the window). 15 minutes before a waiter acknowledged us, clearly frazzled and unhelpful with selecting drinks. Rushed us to order. Appetizer came out and we asked for plantain chips, which the waiter rushed off to get and returned with a basket of stale chip pieces, that had to have been pulled from another table. (!!) Main dish was a soup with shrimp that was slightly curdled and not worth the $24 price tag. Waiter couldn't be bothered with us and it made for a terrible birthday. All reflected in the tip. Avoid Fresca at all costs!!
- Ceviche HeavencwilsonVIPDined on 5/23/2014I love ceviche and Fresca is my favorite place to enjoy it's spicy and tangy possibilities. What goes better with ceviche than sangria? Nothing! Fresca's sangria is delightfully balanced, not syrupy and maintains the integrity of the wine. There is something on the menu for everyone, meat eaters and vegetarians.Special Features:
- Delicious Trout & Vegetarian dishesKJSFVIPDined on 5/22/2014We love both Frescas, this and the one in West Portal, but we prefer this one as it has a more vibrant crowdSpecial Features:
- Great!JosephineDined on 5/21/2014My family and I did a last minute reservation. The service was not too long, waiters were all kind and caring, and the food was really good! However, if you are sensitive to spicy food, ask the level of spice before ordering, just to make sure you won't burn your mouth! First Peruvian food for my family and they loved it, especially the coco ceviche. I will come back for sure.Special Features:
- Delicious spicy Peruvian foodEastDined on 5/20/2014My co-worker treated me to a birthday lunch. The food was very delicious and delightfully played on our palate with the different spices the use on their food. The ambiance of the restaurant was very nice and the waitress was very attentive and polite.Special Features:
- Very tasty fresh foodMadeleinetpVIPDined on 5/14/2014Fresca is conveniently located in Noe Valley and offers a great place for an excellent lunch.Special Features:
- Good Peruvian FoodLuvthefoodDined on 5/11/2014First time at this Fresca's restaurant, as is the case with the West Portal location, the food was delicious and service was great. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 621 reviews are from the Fresca - 24th Street reviews archive.
- Great food, not enoughSFeatingDined on 5/2/2014The food here is amazing, however for the price you pay it is VERY small portions. The flavors are incredible and the fish and ceviche are to die for. Howver After spending $136 we left still hungry.Special Features:
- Anything w/fish is extraordinaryIslandgirlDined on 4/23/2014If it's from the sea it's a great choice here. It's as if you were in another country on the coast and served from the water right to the oven or frying pan. Chef Michael Reese never disappoints with his flair for making all very welcome. Don't pass up his jello shots. He's there every Wed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited more than onceSFLuvDined on 4/20/2014Great food, unlimited mimosas for Sunday brunch. Great for large groups. Waitress was delightful. Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, good food. GoodBirdDined on 4/12/2014Convenient, good food. Good pisco sours. Cerviche is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Insanely great carne empanadas, but unfortunately some of our dishes were off the mark. Bland tortilla soup, dry pork shoulder and overpriced, small margaritas with too much ice, will keep me from recommending the restaurant to friends. The sandwiches were excellent however.Special Features:
- Great Peruvian Neighborhood GemPtownBoyzVIPDined on 4/6/2014Staying in the area for month and eating out often, we were looking for a change of palate. Well, we came upon this neighborhood gem and loved it! Luckily we had reservations for the place was packed for a Sunday evening. The waiter was most attentive and helped explain the menu. We split an appetizer and each ordered different plates. How delicious. Actually my husband's seafood dinner was one of the best and most flavorful dishes he & I ever tasted. All of the food was delicious, the bar & wine had excellent choices, and the dessert just melted in our mouths. We actually remarked that when the check arrived that this was an excellent value for the entire experience! This restaurant has their act together. It's highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.