French Quarter New Orleans Kitchen
44 Yorktown Shopping Center
Lombard, IL 60148Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
French Quarter New Orleans Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fqrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6304952700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Bar Area Open Tuesday-Thursday til 1am, Fri and Sat - 2am, Sun til 1am
Every day from Tuesday - Friday in Bar Area 1/2 Price Appetizers!! Come and try a little bit of everything at a great price!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer True Blues entertainment on Saturday evenings from 8:30pm til 1am Enjoy the Best Blues has to offer. DJ / Karaoke Every Sunday 1000's of songs available. Not only great music but $3 Domestics $3 U call it well Drinks!! Every Wednesday $5 House Wines, Chardonnay, Merlot and Cabernet. Each Thursday $2 Well U Call It Drinks!! No better deal around. Free Movies and Popcorn in the Party Room Starting at 7:30pm. Hope to see Ya there!!
A word from French Quarter New Orleans Kitchen
World renowned restaurants line the streets in one of America's most historic areas. Indulge yourself with local delicacies, unique flavors and famous New Orleans cocktails at every meal. Come on in and experience culinary delights within French Quarter New Orleans Kitchen Check out our Weekly Specials, Live Entertainment and KaraokeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
French Quarter New Orleans Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Average to belowneworleansluverDined on 9/22/2013Good wine, beyond that, our group all agreed food just so-so and expensive!
- we won't be coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2013this was probably the most disappointing and expensive meal my wife and I ever had and we go out to eat 2-3 times a week. We choose their six course Chefs Choice tasting which was a joke and the music was hip-hop Cajun which was annoying. I can go on and on about why this was a bad experience but I'm out over my character quota.
- Great potential that fell shortMarkyBobDined on 9/7/2013We loved New Orleans when we visited and were excited that this location reopened under this theme. Unfortunately when we arrived it was nearly vacant and no music playing. Just a few diners (maybe 8 other people) even though we were early (6:30 on a Saturday night) we expected more activity, We sat on the patio with one other couple. We lerarned from our server that only she an done other server were there by themselves. She was able to get the music on after about 20 minutes. The food was OK but nothing to rave about and certainly not even close to what you might get at the real thing down South. A band was setting up for a later night bar scene - hopefully more lively than what we experienced. Disappointed.
- Authentic New Orleans FareJazzyDined on 8/31/2013The food is authentic and uniformly excellent. However, despite the fact that we had an early reservation and the restaurant was nearly empty, the waitress was less than attentive. Perhaps she did not feel motivated because the gratuity was automatically added to the bill?Special Features:
- They really need to have a sit-downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013The managers of this place really need to have a sit-down with their staff. While our waitress was perfectly fine. Another waitress refused to let us pass as we were trying to leave while the band was playing and she was jamming up the one path we had to get out. The constant complaint from pther people I've talked to and from online reviews is about the service. Why is management unable to fix this ongoing problem?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but With a PriceAmandaVIPDined on 7/20/2013The food here was pretty good but way overpriced. They automatically add a 20% tip to every bill as well. So those were two negatives of the experience. But the menu had variety, including good old Cajun alligator, frog legs, rabbit, and more. Again, decent food, but overpriced.Special Features:
- Restaurant Was Empty, TerriblefoodcriticDined on 7/18/2013Restaurant Was Empty, Terrible Service And Awful Drinks. Waitress Included A 20%Tip In Our Bill For A Party Of 2. Woudl NEver Recommend or Go Back.
- The gumbo is great. SmallerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013The gumbo is great. Smaller cup of gumbo should be available. Regular size is almost a meal by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the five course dinnerluv2dineVIPDined on 7/13/2013I had the five course dinner and by the time I walked out of the restaurant I was FULL and I mean FULL. The service was above average and so was the food. My COMPLAINT is they add a TWENTY PERCENT tip on the bill (including tax) and I was UPSET on that. No coupon informs the customer of this except I believe restaurant.com. I would return another time tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep in mind....LolaDined on 6/29/2013the food was very good. Kudos to the chef. The service left much to be desired. We asked for items to complete our meal but it seems if the service people ignore you and see you are no longer waiting for that item...they suddenly ask if you would still like it. Of course not! We were done eating. No matter how many times you politely ask, you are smiled upon and ignored. When ordering a bottle of wine, I expect to be offered a taste prior to pouring the glasses. Wrong in that department as well. The real corker to the evening was the 20% gratuity already added to our bill. C'mon now...there were 4 of us. It wasn't like we actually got any service worth that. Oh wait, maybe that was the plan? Food was super, service not. Carryout anyone??
- Good idea, but doesn't execute!marymgVIPDined on 6/21/2013I was looking forward to a romantic "new awlins" experience, hoping it was better than Pappadeau's 2.5 miles away, but was disappointed with a small & limited menu that wasn't good. Two servers on a Friday night, but it didn't matter because they weren't even busy! The dining room was about a third filled on a Friday night. Food was overly seasoned & a lot of cornmeal breading and fried, which is not healthy. I would've liked to see more broiled dishes marinated in cajun, creole seasonings or sauces. I felt this was an upgraded Applebee's, not a unique, chef owned restaurant. Plus music speakers were blasting jazz music to mask the quietness of no people, so I couldn't talk to my boyfriend because the speakers were about 5 ft away.Special Features:
- Has potential, menu is confusinggababVIPDined on 6/15/2013Has potential, menu is confusing and limited. Oyster on half shell were very good.
- We've always had the mostBdinesVIPDined on 6/13/2013We've always had the most enjoyable, tasty meals at French Quarter, and last night was no exception. The seafood platter was tremendous and delicious. There's enough for 2 hungry diners, but it's nice to have leftovers for the next day. The fried pickles are a unique and complimentary addition as was the slightly spicy slaw. Couldn't have been happier, as was my friend who ordered the ribeye. Although we were stuffed to the brim, we shared the chocolate bread pudding, which was decadent and delicious. It's nice to get away from the canned flavor of the restaurant chains in the area and treat ourselves to something a bit more unique and a little different, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even though there was a lossOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2013Even though there was a loss of power, we were able to enjoy a great meal and the service, though slow, was extreemly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a Hit !StillLovinItDined on 5/28/2013Went here for my daughter's birthday, it was a stormy night, and we were the only people in the restaurant. needless to say, we were catered to ! The food was excellant, and plentiful.The server was very entertaining !! Will definitely go back !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousFuzzballVIPDined on 5/26/2013Sunday night 4 of us went out for dinner..our first time at this restaurant. We had a great time. The food was wonderful. Our server was the best. I cannot remember her name...sorry. We started off with fried green tomatoes, without the crab, they were very good but, not as good as Dixie Kitchen. DK has the best green tomatoes ever!!! We had beans and rice, beets special. Main courses, tilapia, pork chop (was dynamite) . Ribs and one sea food platter. All very good. The platter is huge and could easily serve 2 people. The desserts were okay. Banana pie was good but to sweet. Beignets were okay. Really didn't need dessert after all the food we ate. My only complaint about the food, we thought it a little to salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was much better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/25/2013Food was much better than the reviews I had seen. Service was prompt also. I can't complain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere but salt foodexoticdrinksDined on 5/19/2013I was really looking forward to dining at this restaurant since I haven't had good creole food since I lived in New Orleans more than 10 years ago. So I really wanted to try it out. But I was sadly disappointed, the food was extremely salty, the beignets were a little dense and the bread pudding wasn't that great. Probably won't go back :(
- great food!kryslashaeDined on 5/18/2013My husband and i ordered the tasting menu (from groupon). Every single course was Delicious. I couldn't believe it. Service there is excellent. We tipped 30%, in fact. The only complaint i have is that it was quite loud. There was a live band and we had to shout the entire time. My husband and i are both musicians though, so we enjoyed the music.... maybe shouldn've been a volume 5 though in such close quarters. We will definitely go back. I'm excited to try other things we didn't get to sample last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!Momof2girlsDined on 5/18/2013Our whole dining experience was wonderful. We made reservations, were seated right on time, very gracious and friendly waitress, the food was amazing, for tasting plates the portion sizes were huge!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Restaurant I Ever Been ToOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013I made reservations & requested confirmation that they were handicap accessible. Took approx. 50 mins to be seated. The most disturbing part of the evening was that when I mentioned that I did not see any floor tables, she led me to the stairs & said "do you think she can get up these 3 stairs?" Let’s see... no! Next suggestion was to go outside & come through kitchen & up the ramp to the elevated seating. I was ready to walk out at this point, but my family was not. I had to track down our waitress for menus. The chicken dish on the menu that was the worst! The tilapia was just ok and our other selections were just as unmemorable. The best thing was my martini. I dine out often & this was the worst experience in my entire 13 yrs in IL.
- Did not stay for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013We arrived for our reservation 10 minutes early and immediately noticed that they were short staffed. We waited for 15 minutes and two groups with no reservations were seated before us, so we left. This was one of the worst experiences I have had at a restaurant.
- Not very crowded for a Friday nightMom5fiveVIPDined on 5/10/2013Took quite awhile for a hostess to recognize that we were waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and great servcieChicagoVIPDined on 5/4/2013We had not heard of the French Quarter, and gave it a try on a whim when we unexpectedly had a free night. We read some of the reviews about the service not being up to par but we had no reason at all to be concerned as everyone: the host, the server, and the manager were all extremely friendly and efficient and very knowledgeable about the food, the wine list, and even the beers on the menu. Although the menu was not extensive, there were plenty of good options for us. Everything we had was delicious and the portions were larger than we expected. I was really looking forward to the deserts which looked great, but we were too full to order one. The fried, green tomatoes and gumbo, especially were delicious. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!PeachyNWRDined on 5/3/2013I found this place online when I researched romantic restaurants. I took my husband just to have a nice dinner and we both loved it. The food was awesome. The service was fast, friendly, and the waitress explained everything. We will defintely make this a regular get away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/drinks, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2013The food was great, tried a couple apps and had two dinners. Food has bold flavors and a unique selection. Drink menu was good as well. Service was average, it was a slow night and it took way too long to get our drinks out to us and the waitress tried to take our order by memory and inevitably forgot a few things. The night we went (a Friday) was pretty quiet, apparently they have live bands and karaoke on some nights but it was pretty mellow/quiet for our visit. I would go back again because the food was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great surpriseswrdfsh53VIPDined on 5/3/2013I'm so glad I viewed the negative Yelp reviews afterwards, not before. We were promptly seated at this festive-designed restaurant. The wine selection by glass was good and my specialty drink, a martini with pepper vodka and sour mix was fantastic! We. Had two apps, the grilled and raw oysters, both of which were excellent. My wife ordered rib tips which smelled a little better than they tasted. I had the crawfish étouffée, as a good standard assessment of sorts, and the roux was fantastic and the dish was everything I'd hoped it would be. The service was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable. We eat out very often and this visit, our first here, really stood out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/27/2013Very good food and drinks. Great atmosphere and excellent live music. I will be back soon!
- Nothing like it around! RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/26/2013Took a chance on a new restaurant and what a success! We will be back. Great food, super friendly staff and great Naw'lins music in the room. Nothing like it around!Special Features:
- This is our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013This is our first visit and we had a wonderful time! Service was outstanding and the food was great! Food was warm, little spicy but great tasting and we loved it. The servers were fantastic and we appreciated their time and energy. We definitely will be back.Special Features:
- This is a hidden gem. HavingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2013This is a hidden gem. Having spent an enormous amount of time in New Orleans I am a huge fan of Cajun food and most places up north don't even begin to get it right. This place does!
- Nola in LombardOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2013Excellent service and food. Went on a groupon tasting and every item was outstanding! Absolutely stuffed! Watched others served full portions which are extremely generous! Blues/jazz on Saturday night was fun! Felt like I was dining in New Orleans! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Interesting & varied menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2013Interesting & varied menu. Great drinks. Pleasant surprise to have a live blues band on Saturday night.Special Features:
- never againshawnd1Dined on 4/13/2013This place was awful! When your server comes to your table and tells you what they're out of before recommending a dish, I guess that you can't expect a good experience. And when you order and the server comes back to tell you that they're out of that also, just leave. It was my birthday, so we decided to make the best of it. Should have left and went to Popeyes, because their cajun food is better! I ordered the chicken, which they note on the menu that it takes about 20 minutes but is worth the wait. Its not. My wife enjoyed her tilapia, but the best part of mine was the corn! Chicken was flavorless! And when you're out of main course items at 8pm, maybe you should fire whoever does your ordering. Waste of time
- Place was okay. Small menu,QueenBeeDined on 4/12/2013Place was okay. Small menu, kinda shotty decorations. If you really really like New Orleans food, this would be a pretty good place.
- Some of the prior reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Some of the prior reviews complained about the service. For us, the service was very good. (Maybe they read the reviews and adjusted accordingly?) Oyster po'boys were delicious. We definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- My experience was terrible!!!StanVIPDined on 4/6/2013My experience was terrible!!! $24 for a bowl of rice and literally six crawfish and call it Etouffe? My wife had BBQ Ribs and wasn't provided any hand wipes or a hand towel to clean her hands. The clientele: black t-shirts and ripped jeans. Noise: bad loud music and fortunately we were later able to escape a bearded bunch of old guys who thought they played music!!!
- So, it's a nice place andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2013So, it's a nice place and the staff is friendly and attentive but I wouldn't recommend any of their seafood. Their ribeye is amazing though. Moderately expensive.Special Features:
- We went on a Friday eveningWillyVIPDined on 4/5/2013We went on a Friday evening for dinner. There were a few other people in the restaurant and nobody in the bar. The service was actually very good. The food was okay, just not memorable. What was really annoying was the endless New Orleans-style music that was playing way too loudly. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Also, the place was boiling hot--they said their thermostats were "sensitive".
- Came to listen and dance toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Came to listen and dance to Downtown Charlie Brown. Unfortunately there was no dance floor and only three couples including me. Very disappointing. When that band plays at Pete Miller's in Wheeling the restaurant is packed, people are dancing and having a good time. After I left French Quarter I went to McGovern's in Glenview and the place was crowded, people dancing, drinking and having fun. So, the problem isn't spring break or Holy Week. Food was very good.