French Meadow Cafe
2610 Lyndale Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
French Meadow Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frenchmeadowcafe.com/
- Phone: 6128707855
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 2:00pm, Satuday & Sunday: 6:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 6:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic
- Executive Chef: George Lohr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For more information, please contact our Catering Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: 26th Street
- Public Transit: The bus lines 4 and 113, stop at our corner, 26th Street and Lyndale Avenue S. For more information, www.metrotransit.org.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is parking available at the parking lots on the sides of French Meadow Cafe and on Lyndale Avenue S.
A word from French Meadow Cafe
French Meadow Bakery & Cafe is committed to serving organic and natural foods grown locally from farmers we know and trust, paying attention to the body's needs that are ever changing with the seasons. We were the first certified organic bakery in the US.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
French Meadow Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ConsistentminneappleDined on 5/24/2014This has always been a very good choice when inviting out of town guests. Some of the portions are a bit skimpy though. I ordred a burger and it looked more like a slider than a full burger for $14! Must request bread for the table, but otherwise ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulsomethingnewDined on 5/24/2014I would highly recommend this place. Great food, great service. And they support the local organic farmers.Special Features:
- Fun menuEPDinerDined on 5/24/2014We sat outside on a beautiful evening. We ordered everything off the evening special menu. The food was excellent! It would be nice if the daily specials were on a card that could be left at the table - would save the servers time from needing to read all of the items and diners would not need to have items repeated.Special Features:
- Yummy!ColleenKVIPDined on 4/21/2014Bluestem has some really fabulous fresh food. The duck confit flatbread is out of this world. The sprouted grain chips were salty and warm and not to mention, they were sprouted grain! How awesome is that? Now that is healthy fresh food. Our server was friendly and was able to give us fabulous suggestions to ensure our experience was the best! He was great. Thanks! Also, not sure about a wine, before you invest money into a glass, we were able to have a little taste to ensure we were happy with the choice.Special Features:
- Fun night outloveminneapDined on 4/19/2014Made reservations here for a Saturday night and had no problem with waiting. We were seated right away and served very quickly. I have food restrictions, so it was nice to have a menu that provided lots of options for someone who isn't eating grains/dairy. I loved the ambience- for a Saturday it was not very crazy there, which was nice to be able to hold down a conversation with my friend without having to shout. Food was good- I wasn't blown away by it, but I would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- Good food, service lacks a bitfjiwdoio9rDined on 4/18/2014Every time I've been here, the food has been fabulous, but the service lacks. Although, this has become the norm every where it seems. Be some what pleasant, ignore your table, act like you're doing them a favor by waiting on them and expect a tip.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2014The food and service was great, as always. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great GF optionsDatenightDined on 4/5/2014The turkey risotto was really good as was the turkey burger. Would like to see more dessert options. We will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to restaurant!OrganicYumDined on 3/22/2014This is where I go when I want delicious organic breakfast, lunch, or dinner! It's consistently fast, the service is excellent, and love the new expansion! We've celebrated many family events here as well with group sizes 10-15 people and every time has been outstanding. Can't say enough good things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut was goodEPDinerDined on 3/20/2014Our server was OK. We were tucked into a corner booth so hard to get in and out. The two of us facing the window had a hard time seeing those with their back to the window because the sun was so bright. The halibut with risotto special was very tasty and very filling!I would recommend this to a friend.
- USS GORDONCullenDined on 3/15/2014I am aware that some help have been there for many years, while others don't care for Ms. Gordon and move on. However pleasing all employees is an act of futility, and not all personalities are compatible. When one location expands to two or three, it means that something had to be done right in the first location. The restaurant business is a very competitive business and the failure rate outside of the chain restaurants is extremely high. Ms. Gordon has every right to be proud of her achievement, because she has great leadership ability, and has a knack for pushing the right buttons that produce nothing but additional success. And how this is done I really don't know. It can only be in the mind of a great leader.Special Features:
- Reservation system is a messHighExpectationsDined on 3/15/2014Really had many problems. This is the restaurant's weak spot.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014After waiting 30 mins for waitress acknowledge us to take our drink order, we waited another 20 for the drinks and waited another 30 for food. We had to ask several different staff for refills of out water. I had asked to substitute the mash potatoes with my order which didnt happen and then was told they were out if I wanted to wait 30 mins for them to be ready. After waiting over 90 mins for my food I politely said no thank you. When she brought our bill she forgot to discount the entree so brought me a gift card for $10 instead. (my meal was $14). I explained that I probably would not be coming back again so would she fix the discount. She then discounted half the meal only. We wont be going back.
- sunday dinnerCornerMouse1Dined on 3/9/20146 of us ( two children) and everyone ordering different food. Wide choice of food, good service, but not a place for more traditional fare. One of us ordered steak, initially not cooked as ordered so sent back. Not the best place for steak. Many entrees are small in amount for price charged.Special Features:
- vegetarian optionsJenODined on 2/25/2014It's nice to go to a restaurant that has a nice variety of vegetarian and even vegan options that are gourmet in nature.Special Features:
- We will returnlorettaDined on 2/16/2014I chose French Meadow for my sons birthday dinner. He is a vegetarian. There were 5 guests. We had two apps and dinner and drinks. Everyone was happy with the service, selections and food was excellent. Everyone in the party said they will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at French Meadow CafeChrisDined on 2/9/2014We had a round, corner booth that was so fun. Our waitress was great. We had to wait for a 5th party member & our waitress was very accommodating. The food was wonderful, as were the drinks.Special Features:
- Best in MinneapolisJillDined on 2/8/2014We eat here every time we come to Minneapolis. Last trip, we ate here 3 times because the food is so good. The food is fresh, flavorful and offers great vegan options. Make a reservation because it can get very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect post theatermurphDined on 2/8/2014no - this isn't downtown. this is uptown and it's where we go pre or post childrens theater performances. parents get a sophisticated dinner; kids get their favs. last visit adults had things like steak frites and duck confit flatbread (accompanied by good wine) and kids had burgers and mac and cheese, accompanied by yummy desserts. this is just a review of my most recent meal there - dinner. brunch/breakfast/lunch - even better!!Special Features:
- Gluten free gemGlutenfreeDined on 2/7/2014So many gluten free options. Green curry was amazing. Can't wait to return to try the miso salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazed with the menuBrandonDined on 2/1/2014I have never loved mixed greens before. They are something I order, because they are healthy. I crave eating them now and the scallops upon which they sat. My love of greens does not lessen the spicy shrimp and grits I ate. It was delicious, but also spicy enough to make me sweat without burning my mouth. I would definitely return. I had trouble narrowing my selection down to one dish.Special Features:
- A stapleKrisydollDined on 1/29/2014Although the service is usually lacking, and it doesn't seem to matter if it's the main store on Lyndale or either of the airport restaurants, I just really like French Meadow and the attached new Blue Stem. I think because the food is excellent, healthy, a good value, I look beyond the usual experience of inattentive waitstaff, food not coming out together for the whole table, and mistakes in the order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much more than I anticipated!Koolgent62Dined on 1/24/2014I had always thought of French Meadow as a good place for scones and croissants. I had never been there in the evening. Boy was I ever wrong. this place has everything you are looking for when you go to dinner, including a fantastic wine list and great ambiance, as well as a versatile, tasty menu. Definitely a return spot!Special Features:
- Great food, as alwaysherctrockDined on 1/18/2014We ordered the Green Curry and the Tempeh Reuben. Both were outstanding. My girlfriend is vegan. We asked the server if the bread was vegan, and he said "I'm guessing so." My girlfriend replied, "I don't really trust that," but he never went to check for us. Otherwise, he was okay, but seemed extremely busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative vegetarian foodFrMeadowregularDined on 1/17/2014We love the French Meadow for their endlessly creative and delicious vegan specials, commitment to local and organic, and ability to accommodate special needs like gluten free!Special Features:
- Fun Family DinnerJimMauraHenryDined on 1/10/2014Celebrating a birthday, we were able to have a pleasant dinner that didn't drag and turn the kids into pumpkins.Special Features:
- Music too loudSallyDined on 1/8/20146 of us all had different dishes and everyone was very happy with their meal. It was too loud for good conversation, though, and we weren't even near the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inattentive ServiceviolizzDined on 1/7/2014I was really disappointed with my most recent trip to The French Meadow. There was one waitress for the entire restaurant with a helper to bring food to the tables. The waitress forgot our appetizer and then didn't come back to the table until it was time to pay the bill. Our food wasn't very good either. The steak sandwich was not what I was expecting. It was more of a french dip than a steak sandwich and the pasta special was just weird.
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014French meadow took me to Unami. I love the sustainable practices in place at FM and their relationship to local farmers! The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very kind waitress. Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Very kind waitress. Very good food. Could use more heat; very cold at our table.Special Features:
- So FreshReunitedfriendsDined on 12/28/2013Wonderful recognizable ingredients and very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of France!voseliDined on 12/28/2013An exquisite menu with exceptional quality, Looking forward to our next visit! Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love French MeadowfivestarDined on 12/21/2013Great restaurant for any meal. Dinner is table service only and although wait staff is friendly, they disappear for 10 or 15 minutes, do not always deliver the additional beverage ordered or refill water glasses. But food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceBruceVIPDined on 12/14/2013we understand that our wait person was busy with another very big party, but service was slow
- even the Grinch was happyDebbaDined on 12/8/2013Our friend is pretty picky about service and food. He was very, very happy with the experience. We, on the other hand, are regulars for lunch and dinner. Always tasty choices - both conventional and adventurous. Reasonable prices. VERY loud at lunch and brunch, but nice calm atmosphere at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service!fam4Dined on 11/28/2013We were there for Thanksgiving. It was later in the day and not that busy. The service was horrible. We waited forever just to order beverages and then they took forever just to arrive. They were out of the soup we ordered and brought us butternut squash instead, not very good. The bread basket that was supposed to come with the meal didn't arrive until I finally asked where it was. Then they didn't even bother to bring the gluten free bread for me, so I had to sit and watch everyone else eat the regular bread! The waitress seemed clueless about the menu and it seemed like small portions for $35 per person. I was very disappointed since we have several places that we dine at regularly and are used to great service.
- comfieTadGDined on 11/1/2013We brought friends to a pre-show dinner. Our waiter was okay--hard to hear over the din of voices, only semi-interested in us as customers--but the food was good. It would be nice if they expanded the bar choices someday...hint,hint. Our guest said he received a lot of French fries, but a small steak. My hubby's cod was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully welcomingOChemistDined on 10/26/2013Took a good foodie friend here for dinner. We enjoyed both of our entrees and the hearty bread accompaniment. The curried squash soup was excellent; we split it as a forecourse and could have fought over it if we were not such good friends. Good beer selection as well. Our server was prompt and attentive but not intrusive. She also helped my friend to make a great entree choice (the Rachael sandwich). My ravioli was excellent and delightful to savor my way through. It's a busy place but we never felt rushed and enjoyed a wonderful time of conversing about life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinnerStarr2882Dined on 10/18/2013French Meadow has turned into a consistent "We really want a nice place for our date" place for us. The food is always worth the money, the service is great, and it's generally pretty quiet. We like going out other trendy and equally priced places for date night, but French Meadow is one of the few places we always return to. I was especially pleased with the service this time because I requested the quietest area possible. There are some noisier areas of the restaurant, and they followed my request. Their miso salmon was stellar as usual, and the wine flights were a fun new touch for us. Well done, FM!Special Features:
- not impresseddanielDined on 10/11/2013Food was not that good. Woukd rather pay $13 for a white castle meal than here