French Connection Montreal
Montreal, QC H2T 1R2Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
French Connection Montreal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frenchconnectionmontreal.com/
- Phone: 5147424141
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Gastro Pub, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Frédérick Mey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: For private parties, offer you the French Connection at the office or at home. Available for 10 and more.
- Private Party Facilities: We'll organise your private event for you, providing great quality dinner and a professional and warm service.
- Private Party Contact: Donat Béland 5147424141
A word from French Connection Montreal
The best of the Québec products, declined in multiples services. Venison, duck, foie gras, wild mushrooms, fish, lobster, raw milk cheese, all worked with great precision and originality. Open kitchen, warm and professional service. Don't forget to bring your good wine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
French Connection Montreal reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Loved itMAGWVIPDined on 6/11/2014Tasting menu a must try. Original parings, meat cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the French Connection Montreal reviews archive.
- EddyeddyDined on 11/22/2013Nice little French Restaurant. Young adults appreciate it alot. Prices reasonnable.Special Features:
- bon rapport qualité prixvalerieDined on 10/19/2013table d'hôte à un bon prix comparé à des restaurant similaires, en plus c'est un apportez votre vinSpecial Features:
- Ok experience but would not go backSatrudaynightDined on 10/5/2013This restaurant made me feel old! My husband and I are in our mid-thirties and we did bring up the average on the evening we were there. Many groups of 20 somethings. This restaurant is also very loud. The food was good although my blue marlin was overcooked and dry. We tried the oysters, butternut squash soup, scallops ceviche, foie gras, beef cheeks, all were prepared nicely. Our server was friendly and attentive at first but the more the evening went on, the less he paid attention to us. For the last 45 minutes he was not seen and it then took forever to get our bill. There are so many good restaurants in Montreal that this one does not deserve a 2nd chance.Special Features:
- satisfactiondanishoneDined on 10/5/2013-Friendly and quick service - Meal and appetizer were very flavorful and nicely seasoned - meat was cooked to desired medium rare Overall very nice spot for french diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisy, food nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2013Service was nice, friendly and competent. The food was good but really nothing special compared to many other Montreal restaurants. I understand it's a BYOW so the food prices are higher, but here it was definitely too pricey for the quality. Portions were also quite small. The noise level made for very difficult conversations.
- La nourriture est excellente,JeanGuyDined on 8/10/2013La nourriture est excellente, beaucoup de saveurs et les présentations sont extras. J'y retourne c'est certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOWJulienrobDined on 5/10/2013Great food, great service, looking forward to repeat the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apportez votre vin et laissezDaveDined on 5/2/2013Apportez votre vin et laissez vous séduire par les créations du chef. La nourriture est fraîche et le service est chaleureux.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We had a great time! The staff was super accomodating and kind. When our table wasn't ready for 20 min, they recommended we head next door for a glass of wine on the house and friendly staff at the Montreal Sporting Club. We loved our dinner and my friends are still raving about it. Thanks!Special Features:
- délicieux! super rapport qualité/prOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013délicieux! super rapport qualité/prix de l'option 5 services + apportez votre vin. en plus notre serveuse était absolument charmante!Special Features:
- Definitely erased any stigmaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Definitely erased any stigma associated with the bring-your-own-wine status. Remarkable menu that changes daily and fantastic chef specialties. Tried the 4-course menu (I believe it was $49) and loved everything! Home-made charcuteries to start, creamy potage, the generous portion of organic local beef and amazing home-made bread pudding. Will definitely become a regular.Special Features:
- French Connection do a fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013French Connection do a five course tasting menu with terroir ingredients at $50 a person. It's modern Quebec cuisine with a playful flavour -- foie gras on chocolate bread pudding was the only thing that went over the top. Mostly this is a case of excellent ingredients blended well to make interesting and unusual dishes. They also handle allergies well -- and the substitute dish they brought me was better than what my husband got. Everything was delicious, the service was excellent and you take your own wine. If you like imaginative food, and if you like eating small amounts of lots of lovely things, you can't really beat this.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012Menu is changing every week, products are fresh and you can tell. There's quite a choice that can match lots of tastes and appetites (different meats and fishes). Service was great and pretty fast, waiter took time to explain the menu, very available. Price is reasonable considering the quality and quantity ($50 for 5 courses).Special Features:
- Food is always great, veryDanielDined on 12/2/2012Food is always great, very good quality for price ratio! Service is very friendly and efficient. This restaurant is bring your own wine, but that doesn’t keep them for providing wine service, champagne glasses for sparkling wine and decanters if necessary. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Finally, a great BYOB!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Very welcoming, vibrant, fun place! My mouth started to water the moment I walked in. The owner was very involved and ensured all his patrons were enjoying themselves and the food; the food did not disappoint. Creative and unique menu as well. Go!Special Features:
- Delicious food, charming andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012Delicious food, charming and laid back waiter. The noise level was particularly high, even though the restaurant was nearly empty. Amazing use of locally sourced ingredients, perfect portions and although they make you wait between courses (our whole dinner took 4 hours) it gives you time to digest and properly enjoy every dish served.Special Features: