French 75 Bistro - Laguna Beach
1464 South Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
French 75 Bistro - Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.french75.net/
- Phone: 9494948444
- Hours of Operation:
Open Nightly at 4:30 PM
Live Music Thursday to Saturday from 7:00 PM to Close
Happy Hour Daily from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Gregory Moro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact our Corporate Event Manager Jonathon C. Crowell at 949.910.9745
- Private Party Facilities: Corporate dinners, group lunches, cocktail receptions, holiday parties, sales meetings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties and other business or social occasions. No matter what the occasion, we have a selection of well crafted menus and intimate rooms for you to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Jonathon C. Crowell 8886521854
- Entertainment: French 75 offers the soulful and elegant musical stylings of "Mike Hamilton" and "Le Grand Barr". Mike Hamilton (sometimes listed as Michael Hamilton) is a guitarist, vocalist, entertainer, songwriter/composer and multi-instrumentalist. Le Grand Barr encorporates contemporary soul, R&B, 50's, 60's, 70's & 8o's into his performances. Truly a joy to listen to and irresistible to those who love to dance.
- Special Events: Please Contact our Corporate Event Manager Jonathon C. Crowell.
A word from French 75 Bistro - Laguna Beach
This French American bistro resides in a 80 year old country cottage where style and romance are deliciously combined. The decor is rich, intimate and romantic. The menu offers contemporary renderings of classic bistro dishes. The quaint champagne bar features an extensive collection of champagnes by the glass as well as champagne cocktails, martinis, wine and beer. A fireplace enhanced covered patio offers the perfect destination for outdoor dining beneath antique chandeliers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
French 75 Bistro - Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great ambience, seated rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012Great ambience, seated right away and service was superb throughout. Food was amazing I had the new york steak and it literally melted in my mouth! My Fiance had the stroganoff and said it was the best she had ever had! The restaurant helped us to celebrate our engagement and created a memory that will last a lifetime. Awesome!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2012Outstanding in all aspects, food was great, service was excellent and dessert, well, the only dessert we have ever had in 7 previous visits has been the Chocolate Souffle and tonight was our 8th, it has always been the best dessert we have ever had, and we can't wait for a 9th opportunity.Special Features:
- We dined at French 75 on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012We dined at French 75 on Saturday evening with our good friends. We had dined there about 8 weeks ago, had a lovely experience, and decided to challenge ourselves to having a more budgetary evening by using only the Bistro menu. We again had lovely food and were treated with equal attention by our waitress as we were on the evening we had more of a "soup to nuts" experience. By the way, that bargain menu is a delight and we have shared its value with some of our younger friends on limited budgets.Special Features:
- Okay food in a pleasant locationGimmicksVIPDined on 11/24/2012Okay food in a pleasant location but has not kept up with the timesSpecial Features:
- I came here for a prix fixeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2012I came here for a prix fixe dinner on Thanksgiving. Front of house and wait staff were superlative however the food was a major disappointment. It tasted like everything had been pre-made and warmed to order. I came away feeling I had been at an upscale buffet with wait service. I had the peppercorn steak and had to send it back, the meat was flavorless, chewy and had an odd texture, the peppercorn absolutely overwhelming the dish, it was inedible. There also was no amuse bouche as promised. After my prior meal there, which was excellent, I was stunned. Additionally, the "live seasonal music" advertised was hardly seasonal, Latin themes/songs from the 80'and 90's. They were, however, very generous with the "free-flowing" sparkling wine.
- The ambiance is outstanding-NickVIPDined on 11/22/2012The ambiance is outstanding- quaint, cozy, with music in the background. Our waiter made the birthday celebration a success. He was very attentive, answering questions, etc.Special Features:
- the duck breast with the reductionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2012the duck breast with the reduction sauce was amazing. I was expecting a few slices. the mixed greens salad was the perfect accompaniement. And for a special occasion, the souffle's are to die for. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerValan2Dined on 11/10/2012We had a wonderful dinner at French 75. The food and service were great. There was a varied selection and everything was prepared just right. The chocolate souffle was the perfect way to end the meal. The night we went (a Saturday), there was an excellent jazz guitarist playing. The music was loud enough that we could hear and enjoy it, but not so loud that quiet conversation was difficult. A perfect balance. Food, service, ambiance, and good music made for an enjoyable and memorable evening. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The best Chilean sea bassOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012The best Chilean sea bass I've ever had and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- The French 75 Bistro was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012The French 75 Bistro was amazing. We had a awesome server named Alexandra who answered questions and made great recommendations. My husband and I were celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary and Alexnadra was willing to take pictures and the manager came over to congratulate us. The overall experience was amazing there was a pianist who helped to set the perfect ambiance and there was very little noise so it made conversation easy. We will definitely be back with friends the next time we are in the Laguna beach area. We drank Charlie Sheens, tantilized our taste buds with chorizo mac and cheese, tasted tasty escargot, feasted on filet mignon and finished off our night with an awesome grand marnier souffle.Special Features:
- The restaraunt was in excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2012The restaraunt was in excellent condition, food and service was extraordinary. I definitely hit my wife "very romantic" requirement with the atmosphere, the service, food and great piano playing. We will definitely go back to this wonderful restaraunt.Special Features:
- This is such a romantic quaintBaggypants2VIPDined on 11/9/2012This is such a romantic quaint restaurant. The gentleman playing the piano and singing is always in such good spirits. The servers are all very dedicated in making your dining experience memorable. There where teo negatives. The rack of lamb was not something we would order again. It was smothered in sauce and the souffle was dry but we will still go back again and again. Very charming local gem.Special Features:
- Nice place in LagunaBiewelDined on 11/3/2012Second visit to this restaurant. This time we sat outside in a tented patio. Ambiance was nice. Quiet back ground music piped through speaker from a life performance inside. Service was quick, efficient, polite etc.. Kitchen accommodated all little special requests w/o any problems. Escargo in a tarragon butter as an appetizer. Very tasty - would have liked to have them in the shell though. Tomato Bisque was nice as well - big serving! Lamb and Filet Mignons cooked as ordered - meat quality very good. Nice wine list - prices all over the place. Some wines Laguna Beach over prized, other very good value. Had the 2009 Domaine Du Pere Caboche (CDP) - thought it went well with the entrees - very good value.Special Features:
- Great place with live piano man!!BoobyDined on 11/2/2012We have been here a few times and always have an enjoyable evening. Piano player is great! So nice to have the live music. The olive spread is the BEST!!! Make sure to order the soufflé. I wish I could remember our waitresses name she was very attentive without being bothersome. She made sure to ask us if we wanted to order the soufflé early as they do take about 20-25 minutes. Plenty big for the 2 of us. The busboy was also wonderful. Our table was kept cleaned And waters filled when needed without having to ask. Replenished our plates with clean ones and fresh silverware, as we started with a few appetizers.Special Features:
- Food, cocktails, wine andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012Food, cocktails, wine and service was wonderful!!! That was my first time there and I am DEFINITELY going back.Special Features:
- Always GoodCinhartDined on 10/22/2012This restaurant is always good. I'm a local and it's next door to my business. It's a great place to go after work for happy hour. The staff is friendly. I usually go on a Monday night, so it's not crowded and the atmosphere is relaxed.
- French 75 was perfect forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2012French 75 was perfect for our group of eight. The menu is interesting and the food well prepared. There is a prix fixe menu which offers salad or soup, entree, and a choice of dessert or a glass of wine for $20. And the entree choices were wonderful. Live music was a plus. All over a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Will not be going back.GritsChickVIPDined on 10/16/2012It was our 30th anniversary and we attempted to celebrate it here. It was a Tuesday night. Only 3 groups in the restaurant. Our two party was seated and then the hostess seated a four party next to us. All other tables were open but she sat them next to us. Needless to say THEY had a wonderful evening. We know because we got to hear their entire conversations, all evening long! So much for our romantic dinner. Contacted the restaurant to let them know. Took over two days and a follow up email from me for the General Manager to respond. Her response was generic.(I met my husband in the restaurant business so I think I know what a generic restaurant excuse is.) We will not be going back to this restaurant.
- Everything was great! FromOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2012Everything was great! From when we stepped into the place tll we walked out everything was perfect! Thank you!Special Features:
- My wife and I each had theDisapointedDined on 10/13/2012My wife and I each had the filet. It was very good except mine had a bit of grizzle which was surprising. The ceasar salads were very good. We split chocolate desert with ice cream which was excessively sweet and not two tasty. Basically it was an okay experience. I felt the total bill was a bit pricey in comparison to other restaurants of similar caliber in the area. Parkin there is a problem.........one is forced to valet at $5.00.Special Features:
- I do not recommend this restaurantChuckDined on 10/11/2012I do not recommend this restaurant for dinner is you are buying wine. Although I tasted the wine before it was served it was a terrible value for the supposedly discounted value of $48.00.
- We ordered from the speciallocal12Dined on 10/10/2012We ordered from the special German menu. The appetiser and the main dish were excellent. But what they called "German chocolate cake was terrible--a very dry chocolate cup cake with some commercial chocolate sauce and ice cream. Awful!Special Features:
- Just not good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012So disappointed. After reading many good reviews, I was just not prepared for such a poor dining experience. The service was good, and the restaurant is very nice, but the food was just plain bad. The lobster was watery and bland, the beet salad mediocre, the bouillabaisse was nearly inedible with overly fishy broth, unopened mussels and chunks of raw tomato for some reason. The portions were large and it seems popular, but I really can't see why.
- Over the top!LindancerVIPDined on 10/7/2012Amazing service with special touches for a birthday. We received free glasses of champagne and dessert. Delicious food, romantic and quiet, highly reccommend to anyo e wanting a special evening....Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012My wife's bouillabaisse was very bland. The fish in it was fishy. Scallops were overcooked pieces of rubber.The $20 pre-fixe came with a dessert. I ordered creme caramel. The size of the spoon that they gave me was almost bigger than the dessert. Experience was underwhelming.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!TlcrrlaDined on 10/6/2012We were there early, 5:30 pm so we could enjoy some wine and relax before ordering dinner. We had a great table across from the entertainment area. Our waiter was very attentive without being fussy. Our food was excellent. Our party had the rack of lamb, filet mingnon and roast duck. All three were excellent. We ordered the chocolate souffle for dessert and it was delicious. The only thing was it took about 45 minutes for the souffle to arrive so that is a long time to wait. It is still one of my favorites in Laguna and having the chef come by to ask us about the dinner was very nice. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- A very dissapointing experience,GilbertVIPDined on 9/30/2012A very dissapointing experience, food was boarderline inedible after waiting over one hour to be served. French 75 changed hands after going broke only 3 years ago, it may close again if it does not improve, only 3 tables were occupied on a Sunday evening.
- We hosted our out-of-stateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012We hosted our out-of-state family for their first visit. They thoroughly enjoyed their dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2012Wonderful food, impeccable service and a reasonably priced wine list. What's not to like?Special Features:
- We sat in a quiet little roomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012We sat in a quiet little room that we had all to ourselves upstairs. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was full, but yet we felt like we were alone. The endive salad was so delicious with walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. We had the filet mignon that was very tender and satisfying. If you go there, you must have the chocolate souffle that bakes while you eat your dinner. There was live music and you can either sit downstairs where you'll hear it well or you can be upstairs and have a more quiet experience. The timing of the meal was nice and slow just the way we wanted it. We have been to French 75 a few times now and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great place for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012Great place for a special dinner! My wife and I went to the restaurant for our anniversary and loved the food and the service. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, subpar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012The ambiance is good but food was not as good as expectedSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2012Great restaurant. The food was amazing. Highly recommend it!
- Just C'est Yes!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2012Had heard about this place in Laguna Beach for some time, but hadn't stopped in. Decided to try it out the other night and was floored from the moment I walked in. Beautiful, interesting dining room. Elegant, but not stuffy. Friendly host. Beautiful bar with piano. Amazing wine list. Excellent value menu. Delicious food. Excellent service, even at the bar, if you choose to eat there. All in all, a very pleasant surprise that I have no shared with others. I am Chair of the Animation Department at Laguna College of Art & Design and from now on, we are going to bring all our special guests and lecturers to French 75 Bistro for dinner and cocktails.Special Features:
- Great experience - the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Great experience - the restaurant is quaint, food is very good and the service was attentive. The tables around the room are set up oddly, and a bit disheveled. Guess that's what goes along with being an old converted house - but our table was in a room that had neither a view of the bar, the live music or the kitchen, so kind of remote. But the inside tables were not attractive and the outside tables were full. I don't know, but I think an interior design person needs to rehab the seating. Overall very good, though. Portion size was kinda small, but then again I didn't go here to get fed like Claim Jumper.Special Features:
- Just not up to par with otherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012Just not up to par with other French eateries. More of dinner house cuisine. My so called steak was like tri tip in a packaged gravey mix. The tomato soup was salty and bland. Sorry won't go back.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourselvesDibbsDined on 9/19/2012We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves again!! Willie is a terrific server and the food was delicious! SandySpecial Features:
- We invited special friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012We invited special friends to French 75 Bistro with us because we love it. It was a hit with them and is officially our favorite restaurant in the South Bay. The owner remembered us and the chef Greg, who celebrated his first year anniversary there, came over to thank us for coming back. He is a definite asset to French 75 Bistro. The food is excellent. I'm hooked on the Stroganoff and my hubby the steak (and we have had several in the area) and he still thinks it is the best of all. Our friends had frog legs, shrimp pasta and crepes (for our vegetarian brother) and all raved about it. The service is always A-1 and the Piano Man is an extra perk. Bottom Line: an excellent service/ambiance/overall dining experience. Keep it up!!Special Features:
- Went for the first time forSCSHDined on 9/14/2012Went for the first time for my husband's birthday. The restaurant was really accommodating even though I kept calling & changing the time of the reservation (we are always late!). They were also really accommodating about seating us in a quiet nook of the restaurant. We had a big booth all to ourselves in a section of the restaurant that only had 3 other tables. The other couples were all on dessert/coffee when we arrived so when they left (mid-way through our dinner) the restaurant didn't seat anyone else there & we had the whole place to ourselves. We had an attentive waiter who also knew when to leave us alone. The food (we had filet mignon) was delicious, wonderfully seasoned! The live piano added to the ambiance. FantasticSpecial Features:
- Excellent steak, frites andFriedaDined on 9/14/2012Excellent steak, frites and well-cooked good seafood. But we thought the bouillabaisse and shrimp broths were sweet-tasting (not good) and needed garlic/spices. Desserts and salads are uninteresting. Some tasty starters, like lobster tail and oysters. A cozy venue inside for cooler weather, and a charming outdoor patio with fireplace. Can be too noisy for conversation when the music is cranked up too high. Stylish people who dress up a bit.Special Features: