402 W Third St
Thibodaux, LA 70301Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fremins.net/fremins_history_2007.htm
- Phone: 9854490333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Creole
- Executive Chef: Kevin Templet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our team of catering managers takes pride in handling every detail of your event, so you can focus on what's important: "enjoying your day."
LFrench Quarter Style Balcony, custom beveled glass entrances, two beautiful solid mahogany bars with hands carved detail.
Private VIP Rooms , Private Entrance, Wheelchair accessible. Our catering facility can accommodate up to 150 guests. Professional catering consultant at no additional charge. No additional fee for cake cutting. We take care of all of your needs from our first contact until the end of your event.
A word from Fremin's Restaurant
Fremin's Restaurant was inspired by the late Lester and Myrtle Fremin, parents of the three Fremin brothers, who savored this area's rich Creole and Italian flavors. From our fresh baked bread and flavored butters to an array of signature dishes of pasta, salads, seafood, and steaks, the marriage of Creole style and Italian cooking come together in perfect harmony. Our team of culinary experts, headed by Executive Chef Kevin Templet, create extravagant meals of exquisite renditions of many past favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fremin's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FamilyFamilyDined on 9/17/2014I quiet gem in a quiet town. The staff is always very attentive. Delicious specials. Good drinks from the bar. Nice place for family get togethers or quiet dinners for 2. Most of the group had steaks and they were all pleased. Bread pudding a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned the following night.jwbryan4Dined on 9/12/2014All worked as advertised to get the Open Table reservation three weeks in advance. We confirmed the night before our arrival. It was just as I had hoped--fresh gulf seafood prepared to perfection and spiced boldly. Both entrees were winners: Snapper topped with crawfish in a rich red cream sauce and cheese tortellini with crawfish and pancetta, in the same spicy sauce. Huge leftover portion of the latter fed us both pre-game the next day. A return visit following the Nicholls State football game was meant for a rather late dessert. Dessert, while tempting, ended up being a dramatic presentation of the chargrilled oysters I'd envied the previous night and a fine order of shrimp and grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Very comfortable! The food was great with large portions. My daughter had her 1st oyster and loved it! The banana bread pudding for dessert was a wonderful conclusion to the evening. Must make a reservation. A few weeks before we tried to walk in and they would not seat us.Special Features:
- Thibodaux's Finest- Don't Miss It2BhonestDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to Thibodaux and we were pleasantly surprised. So many people we met in town recommended it. The restaurant was beautiful, a unique setting which brought the past back to life. We enjoyed everything we ordered. Salads were fresh- my wife ordered the house salad with "Warm Bacon" dressing, excellent. We ordered the filet mignon and the Crawfish Tortelini Carbonara, both were exceptional. The tortelini dish was full of flavors, but just the sauce by itself was delicious. Our waitress was very personable, prompt, and helpful. The only negative comment I would mention is the volume in the restaurant, quite loud, but it was a Friday night, the place was packed, and everyone was enjoying themselves. Great time, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencercharpDined on 8/15/2014You can't beat the food or service of Fremin's. Always a favorite of my husband and I : ).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fine!lgc1947Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was great. We loved the way it was decorated. The service was wonderful. The food was not so great. Two at our table ordered the soft shell crab and did not like the sauce that was over the crab but they gave us free deserts to make up for their meal. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night diningDatenightDined on 7/2/2014Fremin's has a romantic atmosphere with great service and delicious food. The prices are a little high but all in all worth going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant diningRomeoDined on 6/28/2014The atmosphere was exceptional, elegant, and romantic. My wife and I have gone there three years in a row for our anniversary. This year we brought another couple with us. They enjoyed it as well. Everything you want in a small romantic restaurant. There is no other place I can think of that I would rather be.We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Fremin's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Not As Special As HopedWas2bspecialDined on 5/9/2014Stick with the local flavors. The untrained staff was disappointing when you see the wine list and menu. The server had the opportunity to sell some expensive wines, but her lack of knowledge left us to choose the $45 table wine over a more expensive label. The server was unable to describe the foods in a way to make them more appealing. For the prices on the menu, a more understanding of the flavors was expected. Our final bill was well over $500. It could have been much more had the server had better training. Staff appeared to be young college students, not professional servers or hostess. For a high end restaurant with a beautiful ambience, the staff was a let down.
- Recommended by a local resident.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014Recommended by a local resident. Over the top! So glad we went to this beautiful place. Will definitely return the next time we're in this wonderful little town.Special Features:
- Always consistentJDNOLAVIPDined on 11/23/2013Fremin's is our home town favorite. Love the eggplant Eloise. We both had filet, perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- A small town gem.CruzzzzzingDined on 11/15/2013Not knowing what to expect this was a pleasant find in rural America. Food was very good and the service level was excellent.Special Features:
- If only...dmitch47Dined on 7/3/2013It had some competition, it would strive to get better. Also, as the only good place to get a steak in Thibodaux, they can charge $40 for a 7-oz filet?!? Glad I didn't get the 10-oz
- Everything was well-cooked,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Everything was well-cooked, as well as delicious. Made my anniversary particularly special.Special Features:
- Good Service at the bar. CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013Good Service at the bar. Cocktails are sweeter than expected. Lamb entree (good), Duck gumbo (excellent), duck entree (very good), char grilled oysters (good, I've had much better), charcuterie plate (very good). Friendly people all around. I will be going back and recommened it to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:
- Not really on Open TableNewToTownVIPDined on 1/19/2013This restaurant is not yet set up properly on Open Table and they had asked Open Table to take them off until issues were resolved. Needless to say, they did not have our reservation when we arrived and the restaurant was very busy. But they did take care of us in every way possible and went above and beyond expectations to make sure we were satisfied. The food is very good and the service was great. A great place for a special occasion or to find an upscale take on local foods such as duck, oysters or crab.Special Features: