Fred's - Barney’s New York
9570 Wilshire Blvd.
Barneys New York
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fred's - Barney’s New York
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barneys.com/
- Phone: 3107775877
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Monday - Wednesday: 8:30am - 6:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 8:30am - 7:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am - 7:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Emmanuel Pradet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Barney Greengrass offers full service on and off premise catering. We specialize in the finest smoked fish platters. We also offer caviar, deli meats and an array of fresh salads.
A word from Fred's - Barney’s New York
Fred's is the West Coast version of the famous New York City smoked fish institution on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fred's - Barney’s New York reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- View of Beverly HIllsrangodogVIPDined on 6/5/2014Situated on the 5th floor of Barney's store in B.H.,patio has lovely view of the city. Service was a bit spotty and food a bit pricey but the food was very good and the day was perfect for eating al fresco.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 5/18/2014Very comfortable terrace with views of the Hollywood sign. Closing for a remodel in JuneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Fred's - Barney’s New York reviews archive.
- Great Dining ExperiencepowerluncherDined on 5/9/2014All around excellent experience, from the quality of the food, to the service, to the ambience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 4/28/2014Well prepared entrees. Interesting specials. Attentive service. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu has changednoanimalswereharmedVIPDined on 4/25/2014Barney Greengrass used to be a great place for an all-day breakfast. Not any more. And some of our favorites are no longer on the menu. A request for a breakfast item was denied, not because they didn't have the ingredients (they did), but because that is their "policy." After much haranguing we we prevailed, but alas the item was just so-so and not nearly up to the standards we have come to expect. Also, 1-2 visits to ask how we're doing is quite enough (I believe we had 6). Next time we'll go somewhere else. Very disappointed.
- JackVIPDined on 4/24/2014Delicious lunch. Attentive service. Beautiful view from the patio. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious new menu with someJackVIPDined on 4/12/2014Delicious new menu with some of the standards from the original. Attentive service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointmentsteveebralovestoeatDined on 3/29/2014I downloaded the menu from their website and my family picked out everything we were looking forward to ordering. When we received our menu, they said it changed months ago and nothing we wanted was available anymore. They need to update their website.Special Features:
- Delicious food on a new menu.JackVIPDined on 3/28/2014Delicious food on a new menu. Attentive service. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch spot.FoodieVIPDined on 3/14/2014I had a business lunch here and was treated very nicely. We were not rushed at all and the service was adequate. The menu for lunch is not extensive so we had wraps and frittatas, which everyone seemed to enjoy. All in all it was a nice experience in the heart of Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for lunchCocoDined on 3/13/2014The sliders and lemonade were great, but the Caesar salad had no flavor. Like the locale for a quick bite of lunch. Hiking the stairs justifies dessert.
- Not my first time. Went forBuddyVIPDined on 2/16/2014Not my first time. Went for breakfast Sunday 10:30. Sat on the patio and ate and talked for 2 hours. It was great. By 12:00 it was packed, so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely revamped menu isJackVIPDined on 2/14/2014Completely revamped menu is just the beginning of some big changes in store. Still a few of the old favorite smoked fish but a new direction clearly signaled. Service remains top notch. Weekend was packed with a combination of shoppers and families. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barney's a so so placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2014Food was pretty good for smoked fish. My wife did not like the special omelet she said the it was sour and we tried to get the waitress to return it but she was too occupied even though the place was not very busy. The best items seem to be the pancakes and French toast but there are other places to go for that. My smoked fish was good the lox was excellent and the white fish was a bit dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Yorkers' DelightMIGJETVIPDined on 1/21/2014Barney Greengrass may be my favorite lunch spot. Where else in Los Angeles can you find bagels that are flown in daily from New York, and bialys that are a perfect complement to the delicious whitefish salad and nova. It is also fun to people watch the crowd consisting of power agents, celebrities, and ladies who lunch. The service consistently is superb and friendly with Barbara at the helm making sure that everyone (in a sometimes tough crowd) feel like they are her special guest.Special Features:
- IT WAS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2014My first time we went with some friends from out of town. Got there right at noon brought out to a nice table on the patio just what we asked for. Was a beautiful day food was excellent great view. Are waiter Jonathon made it a perfect day was there when you needed him was never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISYgrannie9Dined on 12/21/2013While the food was good and there was penny of it, it was so noisy and crowded that we were shouting across the table. Probably would not go back.
- Barney CrabgrassDeeLishVIPDined on 12/20/2013NYC Deli style food good but service is spotty at bestSpecial Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013Such nice staff and amazing food. Put up with my big group without a flinch. Loyal to this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent selection. AttentiveJackVIPDined on 10/26/2013Excellent selection. Attentive service. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet place for intimate lunchLAfanDined on 9/16/2013Bit Expensive, but we were able to spend several hours talking over lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my faves!InLACAVIPDined on 8/29/2013The best whitefish salad outside of NYC. Great service... a little on the pricy side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2013The service this time was terrible. I don'.t know what was going on, but being seated inside seemed to make us invisible. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Love this placeStargail1Dined on 8/2/2013I loved the friendly staff. Great if you are dining alone or doing a power lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STALE BIALIESFoodnikVIPDined on 7/29/2013I was shocked that the bialy on my lox appetizer plate was so stale and hard to chew. I don't know what the problem was, but it was exceedingly disappointing.
- Great Food + Fun SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2013The food was great and portions were sizable! I was pleased with the service although our waiter was unable to make any recommendations which was a bit displeasing. I would recommend that the waiters be able to give a few recommendations. I was happy that I was able to trade the chicken on the Chicken Chinese Salad to Tofu! Will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with quality service.JackVIPDined on 7/28/2013Great food with quality service. New menu items broaden the appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent improvements in theJackVIPDined on 7/14/2013Recent improvements in the menu and the layout have made BG better than ever. Still has the classic smoked fish served with bagels flown in from NYC. Many new items too. Attentive service. Optional celebrity spotting included at no charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The indoor dining area gets9021JoelDined on 7/8/2013The indoor dining area gets very noisy - request a corner table. The service was mediocre and rather unattentive. In fact, I would say that our server was rather listless and uninspired.
- We love the smoked fish andJackVIPDined on 7/3/2013We love the smoked fish and recent additions to the menu make BG better than ever. Attentive service and 3 hours validated parking make for and enjoyable experience. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sturgeon ConversionSirEatsALotDined on 5/27/2013Before dining at Greengrass, I wasn't a huge fan of fish for breakfast/brunch. Following my experience with this delightful restaurant atop Barneys New York and their amazing plate of sturgeon, I have changed my preference forever. An amazing brunch experience with good friends in the beautiful LA weather on the balcony over looking the sprawling city was definitely a highlight. The sturgeon was so delicious I wish I could have had two plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way. FrequentNY123VIPDined on 5/24/2013Excellent in every way. Frequent customer of Freds in NYC which is great but this is even better. Food quality and variety outstanding. The outdoor dining with the amazing view is also outstanding. Even though in a store which may not be appealing to some - a table on the terrace and the great meal - all worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollywood HighlightPickyeaterDined on 5/23/2013Barney's greengrass was a great place for a lunch. Has a very nice view if you were to get a table outside on the balcony. So request it when booking a reservation. Although, the seating inside is also nice. The service was great and they were very accommodating when we had adjustments to our reservation. Waiters and assistants to the servers were very attentive and tended to our needs. Food was good and fresh... A little bit of everything for everyone. Especially for those who are shy about trying new things. So overall experience was a good one and will return for one of those special, treat myself, type of lunches. Comfortable place to eat alone in case someone(s) are not available to join.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evolving from a niche restaurantJackVIPDined on 5/20/2013Evolving from a niche restaurant into a destination. Expanded menu adds interesting variety to the already justifiably famous smoked fish. Expanded indoor seating makes inclement weather days less stressful. Three hour parking validation. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return againWestwoodVIPDined on 5/19/2013Had lunch there with the family on weekend. Not much of scenic view as the on-line info said. The waiter is very knowledgeable with the menu. Everyone is happy with their food and drinlk, and will return again.Special Features:
- mother's day lunchjohn41Dined on 5/12/2013took my mother, father, and fiancee here for mother's day lunch. the food was decent and the waiters were very apologetic and nice, but it took an hour for our dishes to arrive. Several tables around that arrived later finished their meals before we received ours.Special Features:
- Food was basically very good;Lucky13VIPDined on 5/6/2013Food was basically very good; menu was extrmemely varied, considering the deli theme. Don't think I made great choices. Matzo ball soup was very good, especially the chunks of chicken, but the matzo ball wasn't that great. Lox was good, but special omelette was a bit off. Would certainly give another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kindLikebuttaDined on 5/5/2013Brunch with a view of Beverly Hills, how do you beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great smoked fish. And terrificJackVIPDined on 4/13/2013Great smoked fish. And terrific new items on the menu. Attentive service. Fun people watching too. Thank you!Special Features:
- Every time I eat here it remindsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/9/2013Every time I eat here it reminds me to do it more often. Great views, food and service.Special Features: