Frederick's Wine and Dine
22005 Emery Rd,
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Frederick's Wine and Dine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fredericksdine.com/
- Phone: 2165815299
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily Lunch: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm; Dinner: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frederick M. Parks, Jr.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We specialize in off premise catering, intimate dinners, wedding receptions, repast dinners, class & family reunions, corporate catering, boxed lunches, and holiday parties. Please don't hesitate to call Frederick's for a price quote or additional information.
- Entertainment: Wednesday (Blues Night) Thursday through Sunday evenings, we feature Jazz, Blues, & R&B with a touch of Old School, and Motown Hits. Stop in on a Sunday afternoon to experience our Sunday Music Matinee with Happy Hour Prices.
- Special Events: Large party reservations requires a $25.00 cash deposit for every 10 guest. The deposit will be refunded to you at your scheduled seating time. The deposit however, is non refundable if your reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled seating time
A word from Frederick's Wine and Dine
Frederick's Wine and Dine is a new restaurant to the city of Warrensville Heights creating a casual, friendly sophisticated full service restaurant and lounge. Featuring a stage for live entertainment in a supper club atmosphere. At Frederick's you'll enjoy a warm welcoming ambiance with rich mahogany accent, and a must see fifty (50) foot custom built Bar for our daily weekday happy hour. Frederick's is open for Lunch and Dinner daily, with extended hours on the weekend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Frederick's Wine and Dine - Best Restaurants in Warrensville ›
Frederick's Wine and Dine reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (10)late-night find (10)special occasion (10)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food is awesome!skinnyfoody01Dined on 8/29/2014Service didnt start so great. Waitress took a long time getting to us. However, she was kind. The food was the best I've had in a long time. I ordered the New Orleans spicy pasta with extra spice. It was so GOOD! The bread, salad was great also. Cant beat prices. Drinks are delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dinegreatdiningplaceDined on 8/23/2014I really enjoyed the atmosphere here. The food was Excellent. I got a fish and shrimp dinner that was very delicious. I would recommend anyone to come here. And the band was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food but bad serviceLadyChefTheFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I made reservations because it was my friends birthday. None of us had ever been, but I had heard it was a nice place to go, so we choose Fredericks. Once I got there table was ready, but it took 30 mins for our waitress to even come to our table. Bad start! Then it took another 15+ mins for our drinks and small house salad. She never came to apologize for the wait or said anything period. Finally our food came 20+ mins after that. The food was OK, my fish good but mashed potatoes and vegetables of the day was salty. 5 mins after we start eating she asked if she could bring us to go boxes and our check. Literally we just tasted the food and already being rushed out. Not an overall good experience on someone's 40th birthday. May try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the norm!NormallyImpeccableDined on 7/25/2014Our experience recently wasn't the norm for Frederick's. Even with reservations, arriving early to ensure seating we were told it would be an hour wait. The Hostess staff worked diligently to find us a table as quickly as possible. The wait was only 10 minutes. To them we say thank you! Service is usually impeccable! However our waiter did not provide us with the service normally associated with Frederick's. Even with the large crowd if the waiter would have checked on the table to keep us informed on the food delay or just to see how we were doing would have made a tremendous impact. Unfortunately our food was cold by the time it arrived at our table. Regardless of this experience we will return for the normal excellent everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great service and loved the food. Will definately be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Parkers1993Dined on 7/23/2014My husband and I dined here for our Anniversary and our meals were simply delicious! We do not have to go out of the neighborhood to enjoy fine dining. The staff Is always professional and the atmosphere Is always Inviting and very relaxing. We enjoy our accomdation each time we visit. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DandysdinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great food, great band, great beer! Really enjoyed my evening, wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Band was awesomewantedit2bbetterDDined on 7/17/2014Went on Thursday night for the live band and that was great but went ordering drinks and food that's when my night took a serious turn for the worse. Seemed understaffed and the staff seemed lost. Waiter kept forgetting our drinks. And at times took a long while before coming back to see if we needed anything else. Needless to say I will not be going back anytime soon .Special Features:
- A Jazzy Sunday dinnerLooking2RelocateVIPDined on 7/6/2014Came to hear the band on Sunday, and decided to have dinner too, since I had a pleasant dining experience on a previous visit. The collard green & cabbage side is very good and so is the Mac n cheese had it with blackened fish and shrimp. Plan to visit again for the band & try a new entreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014we had a party of four and my two friends had been there before so i wanted to try it for myself the food was really good. it was also a good location for me. I plan on going back and even for lunchSpecial Features:
- WonderfulMickMackDined on 5/30/2014Ive only been here twice and both times I've enjoyed myself and the food was Awesome will do very soon again!!!!!Special Features:
- Akron residentChanDDined on 5/24/2014Close enough to Akron to drive up and enjoy good food and jazz. I suggest that you make your reservations as soon as you realize you want to go cause it might be busy and you will not be able to sit at a table and enjoy the jazz!Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the Frederick's Wine and Dine reviews archive.
- Bad Experience this time.UnhappydinerDined on 5/9/2014I'm the Mrs. My prior experience at Frederick's was great! Me and my girl friends are there at least once a month. The food is usually fantastic. The atmosphere the last time was perfect...light jazz, not too loud, real mellow. This time I was there with my family for Mother's Day (about 10 of us). For the most part, my family really enjoyed themselves. The music was too loud. We had to yell to hear each other. My main complaint is that everyone had their meals except for me. It took an extra 20 minutes. When I received my meal it was not like the one I had before. As far as the server goes he was very good. long story short, I was very dissatisfied. The assistant manager or who ever he was, had a bad attitude! Which didn't help matters.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We arrived for dinner at 530 and our food order was not taken until 640. We ordered an appetizer which we did get right away but no silverware even after asking for some. We asked several people to have our waiter Shawn come and take our order. He didn't come until 640 stating he was having a problem with another table he was serving. We asked to speak to the manager but he never came to see what we wanted. I have dined here before and never had this kind of service. We were very disappointed with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed!!AprilDined on 3/15/2014A friend and I went to Fredrick's and as usual the food was fantastic but there were several large parties that took up most of the seating in the restaurant. We had a 9:00 reservation and we arrived on time. It took a really long time for our food to come to our table which we understood due to the amount of people in the restaurant. At approximately 10:15 we were told that they needed our table because people had reservations. We explained to him that we had not been there for two hours (which is the time allowed a table) and that we had a 9:00 reservation. We then explained that several others had been there before we were seated and were not asked to leave. I have never been so offended. - Very Rude!!!!
- Everything was great,veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Everything was great,very laid back . no where to parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just an fyidenaeDined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I went to the restaurant because the owners sister is a very close friend of mines. This was the first time visit for my boyfriend. I really like the establishment the setting is very upscale and it caters to an older crowd. However, on this day our orders were taken right away but we got didn't get our drinks until 35 minutes before our food got served. Our appetizers and food was served at the same time. Which of course we ate our meals not completing the appetizers. I informed the waiter we wanted to-go boxes for our appetizers as well as our meals because we didn't finish them. She took our appetizers to the back and did so we were unable to take those and my boyfriends steak was burnt. Hope its better next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeseatoutsometimeDined on 3/7/2014I enjoyed the food it was very tasteful and hot. The service was wonderful.Special Features:
- I have been to Frederick'sBrendaDined on 2/28/2014I have been to Frederick's Wine and Dine twice and have had two wonderful experiences; great food, great music.Special Features:
- ExceptionalHoneyDined on 2/14/2014I want to validate for the first new year visit to the finest place in Cleveland is Frederik's. I am planning more visits in the near future. Also, for my daughter's College graduation dinner. Thank you very muchSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GemHarleyraddocVIPDined on 2/7/2014Second time we have dined at Fredericks, and was every bit as good as the first! My son loved his southern fried chicken. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her pasta alfredo. I had the southern fried pork chops, and they were tender and tasty. Service was great. Everyone was very friendly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thing I have to sayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The only thing I have to say that was negative was we asked for ranch dressing and another beer. It took about 10 minutes before the ranch dressing came and it took about 20 minutes before we got anohter beer. BUT all of the other wonderful things that we expreienced at Fredricks was amazing! Great food and portions! Great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OffendedOffendedDined on 12/31/2013Our reservation was for 7 p.m. We planned to eat and bring in the New Year; however, we were asked to leave because someone else had paid $25 for our table. Meanwhile, more than half of the tables were empty when we were asked to leave. No one told us as we arrived that this was going to happen. No one invited us to pay the $25 to stay longer. Several people asked us why we were leaving so early. This was very bad customer service. I represent the largest black professional organization in the state of Ohio (30,000 members in northeast Ohio) and would like to recommend the place, but being asked to leave was not a good beginning to a good relationship. Even the Mayor of Warrensville Hts. wanted to know why we were leaving.Special Features:
- Excellent place to be.RevPMCDined on 12/31/2013While celebrating our anniversary the assistance of the staff to surprise my wife was tremendous. Food is always excellent! To be greeted with smiles throughout restaurant by the entire service staff displays quality customer service. I will highly recommend Fredericks Wine & Dine too many others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmosphereJavah77Dined on 12/28/2013We choose Frederick's for our group outing. The place is very nice and feels classy. The servers were neat and mannerable. The food was excellent. If you plan to have any type of discussion, this might not be the place for you. Even before the band started, a juke box was playing loudly. It was very hard to hear others in our party. However, if you are going to dine and enjoy jazz, this is a good place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE FOOD WAS GREAT, A LOTBBWONDERFULDined on 12/7/2013THE FOOD WAS GREAT, A LOT OF FOOD FOR THE MONEY YOU PAY. THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS GREAT TOO! I THINK THAT IS SOMETHING THAT THEY SHOULD CONTINUE TO DO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the helpOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013the waitress didn't do her job too good but when it was time to get the check she came to the table very fast other than that we would See her everywhere else but other than that overall a good placethe food is verybeen there 2 times and I was not disappointed and I am coming back again to try something elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The band was outstanding,butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2013The band was outstanding,but felt it was to loud for the limited space in the restaurant. Was very hard to hold any conversation with my significant otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend Frederick's toTastyDined on 11/20/2013I recommend Frederick's to family, friend and traveling guest. It's has a great atmosphere for a enjoyable lunch or dinner. I love the weekends enjoying good food and great music to feed the soul.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing good foodvalerieDined on 11/11/2013I have been to Frederick's several times and each time I have been totally satisfied with the food, service, atmosphere and the hospitality of the owner. I would definitely recommend the place to friends and anyone who is looking for a nice meal and place to go The catfish is delicious,and the spicy shrimp is to die for. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working and I will continue coming back. God Bless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 hour momentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Fredericks was a decent dining experience. The staff were professional and timely in assisting us. The server definitely offered upgrade items such as cocktails and signature meals. The entree came to the table hot and fresh and was tasty. The jazz band was an added bound and gave a great performance. Fredericks eating/entertainment may need an change in the 2 hour table policy.Special Features:
- Been there several time withMelvinDined on 11/3/2013Been there several time with no complaints but this time one of our members order was not to her liking and she was told she had to pay for it she didn't eat the dish this was a very bad experience.
- First time...food was WONDERFUL!RmacDined on 10/31/2013First time...food was WONDERFUL! Live band was AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "There's Good in the Hood"KeKeDined on 10/18/2013My high school John F Kennedy held the class reunion last year there and my husband and I love it and since we have nothing like this in Akron. We always bringing family and friends to experience the place. The live bands are excellent shout out for "Ro Ro Brown and JAM-Just About Music" . We encourage our adults sons to take their lady, for it's cozy and it grown up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I made the reservationdineontimeDined on 10/13/2013When I made the reservation I specifically requested a small cake (happy birthday) We were celebrating my husbands birthday. The waiter never mentioned it. Also we had an unusually long wait but the waiter did apologize for that. I was a little annoyed but I attributed our experience to the clam bake that was going on. We did tip the waiter well but but left the restaurant feeling a bit dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the service and theToyaDined on 9/22/2013I love the service and the food so much I went twice within the weekend! They have great food, great portions, and they accommodated my big party size! Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- TipsLisaDined on 9/21/2013There are two things that can be improved: * Use a plastic tablecloth instead of the white paper on the tables * Have some handwipes/sanitizer on the table or on the counter when you leave instead of the server coming over to skirt some in your hand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied Once Again!HenryDined on 9/13/2013The best advice I can give is to arrive early and stay late. Arriving early is not required, but because we did so, we began to enjoy ourselves sooner. The restaurant was able to seat us before our reservation time. Between good food, excellent service, bumping into several acquaintances, and enjoying the atmosphere, we stayed longer than expected. We thought we would be gone before the band started playing, but because we weren't we had to stay just a even longer. A brief visit and conversation at our table by the very hospitable owner capped off an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening dinerseafoodloverDined on 8/31/2013the food service and atmosphere was very good. the band was good however very loud could not speak with my quests or server without almost screaming was annoying. been at fredericks many times and volume of the band was suitable and comfortable. not this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMAC`S SAYBMACDined on 8/31/2013I arrived at 8:55 for my 9 pm reservation was seated promptly. The band was great! ! The food was good but the slow cooked pork on the menu was not available. I had an outstanding server . I sat at table 31. Good dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.