637 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.corsinocantina.com/
- Phone: 2122423093x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun and Mon: 12pm to 10pm
Tues-Sat: 12pm to 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from corsino
corsino is a casual, rustic restaurant modeled after an Italian wine bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
corsino reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (12)good for groups (9)romantic (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good vibes and Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014I went to Corsino for dinner on Mon to catch up with a couple close friends. The group was one female and two male. We ordered a single starter, three entrees to share, and a side veggie. Everything we ordered came out pretty quickly, tasted delicious and was a big enough portion to split between 3 people and have each person get a solid share. The mustard greens with the fried chicken weren't my fave, but I would recommend the place overall for quality Italian and good variety on the menu. We left with full, happy bellies. In addition, the decor is very cute. It's dimly lit, but it's equally suitable for a friend gathering or a date. We didn't drink, but there was a good wine list and cocktail options. Highly recommend Corsino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waning charmGlobalLocalVIPDined on 9/28/2014We used to enjoy this place for its warm energy and good food. It seems to have lost some of its charm. The salads were over dressed, the flat bread was undercooked and the service was saccharine and slow. Hope it gets better again.
- JES14Dined on 9/27/2014Have walked by here many times and finally had dinner with friends here. The menu is short, so you would expect everything to be really well done, and it was. My husband had the chicken, tasted like wood smoke from the grill, and was nice and moist. I orded the tuna, unfortunately it came out well done. The server immediately offered to cook another for me, rare as requested, and it was perfect. Friends ordered 2 different pastas that they enjoyed. Lucky for us they are clearing out their wine cellar, so many bottles are 50% off. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food, too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014my girlfriend and I recently went to Corsino for our anniversary. We had been before and came back because the food was fantastic. However we went earlier in the afternoon the previous time. This time was extremely loud, it was necessarily the music, just too many voices in an reflective room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014absolutely fabulous in every way! service, food, ambiance...had a wonderful time catching up with friend in NYC from Hong Kong.Special Features:
- Good experiencePRNYCVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had a good experience at Corsino. The food was very good and the small plates are great for sharing. I will be back!Special Features:
- PeterW2Dined on 9/5/2014Overall very disappointing. Wouldn't recommend any of the above. Limited menu, which we were hardly able to read because of very low light level. Only one special. With coffee we ordered a Ramazzotti but given Sambucca, then argument with bar man over order. Pleasant server Chris who then left, and place left to over worked Andy who did try his very best to cope. PS. Very noisy, loud.
- WestVillagerDined on 9/4/2014I love dining outside at this little neighborhood spot. The diners are a nice cross-section of the local community, not the Meatpacking scene. The staff is friendly, welcoming, flexible and attentive. Food has been delicious each time I have dined here, especially the fish offerings. The combination of an easy-going atmosphere and delicious food is what I love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fit for foodies!PhilipJVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great location close to Meat Packing, but more relaxed. Nice wines, friendly staff, but limited menu and food quality only fair. Tuna linguini was best, steak was over cooked and "smothered", orecchiette was over-salted. Some attention to the menu/food could quickly turn this place into a neighborhood gem - falling short now!
- Could have been...EthanVIPDined on 8/30/2014Any Italian restaurant that ruins spaghetti automatically gets low marks in my eyes. The spaghetti was extremely oversalted and the noodles were more than al dente, they were crunchy. And it seemed no one actually cared about our complaint, as we informed the waiter and he said he would send the chef out. 20 minutes of patiently waiting and nothing, so we sadly pushed the dish to the side and asked for it to be removed from our charges (1st time I've refused to pay for a dish!). We also got the bruschetta and enjoyed the ricotta and honey topping. The other two - squash and basil pesto were meh. Kind of lacking in any flavor. At least the mixed antipasto salad was delicious (but how can you mess up salad?), as were the brisket meatballs.Special Features:
- Missing the old menu!MrsTVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been going to Corsino for years and used to go on a quite regular basis, however, the new menu has reduced my frequency substantially. The old menu featured a perfectly marinated and cooked hangar steak and my favorite roasted rosemary potatoes. These items have since been replaced with a low-quality strip whose inadequacy was attempted to be covered up by a mound of tomatoes on top (odd, yes) and the ever-so-typical offering of truffle fries. I miss the old entrees and side dishes! I want to be a regular again!Special Features:
- Fresh, light, deliciousFoodie9Dined on 8/16/2014One great reason alone to try Corsino, is the bruschetta. We tried the sampler and liked it so much we ordered another round. The tomato salad with warm mozzarella was delicious. Hands down, the rigatoni with chicken ragu was completely yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!AlanskyVIPDined on 8/7/2014We tried several dishes, sharing everything. Each dish was amazing. I can't wait to go back and try the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meatpacking Rest. AlternativeNYCfeinschmeckerDined on 8/2/2014Located a block south of the main Meatpacking District, Corsino doesn't suffer from the frenetic crowds that can populate the main district. It's location in a picturesque neighborhood on the corner of Hudson and Horatio is ideal, letting lots of light into the restaurant and affording lots of street viewing. On temperate nights the Hudson Street side is completely open to the not-too-busy street, making dining inside the restaurant feel like sidewalk dining at its best. Eclectic retro-rock music in the background is not obtrusive and gives the restaurant an understated avant garde feel. The waitstaff was attentive and my group's sampling of the menu, which is simple, was met with strong approval as were the more modest prices.Special Features:
- My food never cameDisappointedDined on 7/29/2014Disappointing. It was our anniversary. Our am gluten free, my food came out covered in bread crumbs. Waiter took it back and never returned with my dish. Sadly I ate olives for my anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- a delightful surprise in W. VillageAFloridianVIPDined on 7/18/2014Looking for a place for dinner prior to a 7:30 pm show at Barrow Theatre and spotted Corsino on open table. A casual, small restaurant with limited menu, interesting specials. The hostess charmed us immediately by taking my email request for a quiet spot seriously and seating us outside where the music was muted. Our waiters were extremely intelligent and helpful with making choices. We are cab drinkers only. Though no cab was offered by the glass, our waiter suggested a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo that was outstanding. He brought a 1/2 carafe because it was cheaper, an initiative we appreciated. My H's prawns special was superb and my pasta (an unusual macaroni that I can't remember) with pesto sauce luscious. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L.A./Palm Springs, CA foodies!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014I stayed in Chelsea, NY area for a month and just happened upon this corner gem, on late eve stroll, early on in my stay. I am back home now, in Palm Springs, CA and I will miss this place infinitely! I highly recommend the kale salad - nothing like it, trust me! Their meatball appetizer, GET IT! And the flame broiled half chicken, is a MUST! My husband joined me in NYC for my last week and since I had bragged about this place, naturally, we came straight here right after I fetched him from JFK. At the Chelsea Market, you have great options, for lunch, deserts and coffee (Sarabeth's, holy geeezzz!!), but for dinner, Corsino's is your place!Special Features:
- The following 418 reviews are from the corsino reviews archive.
- DeliciousDitzyredheadDined on 6/21/2014I hadn't expected a great gluten free pasta...and was prepared to eat around the menu. I didn't, and it was a wonderful meal -- beyond expectation.Special Features:
- A Pleasant Surprise!DeniseDined on 6/11/2014Terrific food! Wonderful service! A neighborhood Italian delight! Cozy atmosphere with outside seating too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for casual outdoor diningsparkleVIPDined on 5/31/2014I was looking for a low-key outdoor dining place as my friend was in town. The weather was nice and was a perfect outdoor space for a casual dining! The food and service was great! They even offered us a half a glass for the seconds! Will go again!!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I brought my parents here for dinner when they came to visit. We had a really great time!Special Features:
- So So Italian foodMellyDined on 5/4/2014I was there with two other people who enjoyed their meal. I didn't enjoy what I ordered. Way over dressed Kale salad (it was drenched in dressing) and very oily cauliflower that had no flavor. There weren't many choices for a non meat eater so I chose to just get two small dishes. Neither were good. It's my third time there and each time I'm less and less impressed. I think I've decided it's not the place for me.Special Features:
- menu changed, not for the betterAnneDined on 4/19/2014We've enjoyed Corsino many times, so we decided to take friends there this past weekend. We were surprised to discover that half the menu was gone, as well as their much-beloved fried brussel sprouts. The waiter said the menu was being revamped, but that wasn't reflected on your website when we checked. The specials sounded great, but the waiter didn't mention their prices. I was surprised, after ordering one of the specials, that it cost $36, more than twice the average price of Corsino's entrees, & twice the price of anything else on the menu. Till the menu is revamped, it'll only be an occasional drink on their lovely outside eating area. The food we had was very good, but we'd like the menu to return to the way it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014It's a very romantic place. The pastas are tasty, portions are small yup moderate, prices are reasonable. I wasn't blown away with the taste but definitely done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2014always consistent service and delicious food. my last visit they accommodated a gluten-free allergy which was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for ItalianMrCEVIPDined on 4/11/2014Really nice little place. The food is great and it's nice inside. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Classic italian foodvaniDined on 4/6/2014Good food but nothing to cross the city for. a nice neighborhood spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable neighborhood placeRosieDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyable neighborhood place with a cozy atmosphere. Appetizer cheese portions ridiculously small. Everything was very tasty, but not served as hot as it should have been. We had to send two entrees back. Staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four GreatsChessyDined on 3/29/2014Great food, great wine, great atmosphere, great service. Only complaint, the air conditioning was on and it was a cold, rainy March night. Looking forward to coming back in the warmer weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food limited menuDclakerDined on 3/22/2014The pasta was amazing. However, the limited menu made it difficult to please everyone. Service was very nice though our order was a little jumbled. There was a party of at least 20 seated next to us so I think they kept the staff hopping. Possibly due to the large party, we found th noise level quite loud, meaning that we had to shout across the table. However, the vibe of the place was great overall.Special Features:
- best brussel sprouts aroundsuzietDined on 3/20/2014service is very friendly and neighborhood feel. food really is excellent and the brussel sprouts are a must try. staff is nice, casual and they'll do things like charge your mobile phone if you ask (some places won't...)Special Features:
- TerrificLolaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Corsino's food and service are always top notch. The room is intimate without being crowded; lively without being too noisy. The service is casual but attentive and friendly. And the food is traditional, but often with a twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Village Gem!!OrderFireVIPDined on 3/8/2014Had yet again, a wonderful time dining at Corsino on Saturday evening. Juan, the maitre'd/manager was so accommodating in making sure we were sat immediately, even though he had a line of walk-ins at the door clammoring for him! I work in this industry myself, so its never short of amazing when someone can handle the door like that and be graceful! Our server was fantastic and recommended great wine for our dinner. Always get their brussell sprouts! Theyre so delicious!!! Love their cavatelli with sweet sausage and the brisket meatballs - better than my grandma's and that's saying a lot! Headed to the bar for a post dinner drink, Patrick and Yev are a hilarious duo and very attentive bartenders! Great night as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was "fine"MeTooVIPDined on 3/4/2014Tasty. They were very considerate to check with the kitchen regarding ingredients due to allergies.Special Features:
- Great happy hour, consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Great happy hour, consistently good food, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Food was tasty as well. Nothing exceptional but tasty.Special Features:
- Valentine's day discoveryjvi46Dined on 2/14/2014I read a brief review describing this little gem as one of the top 10 small restaurants in the West Village..a great kitchen, intelligent choice of entrees and not over the top pricing. I was more than surprised. I could have been satisfied with just the appetizers. Excellent service and smart enough to keep the music low enough so that you could converse...my gf still talking about how romantic it was...truly a great find! Joe I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedNYCFANVIPDined on 12/27/2013We have dined here many times and have always been so pleased. This past Friday we brought a few friends and they had looked at the menu online and were anticipating some of the items listed and were all disappointed to find they were no longer available. Our server did comment they needed to update their site. Also we found the service to be poor. My husband had to pour the wine for the table and then we had to seek out the waiter when we needed additional items. The food was very good however the service on this trip was below par.Special Features:
- Great food, horrible serviceFiskVIPDined on 12/20/2013The above says it all. The manager was the one that checked on us and had our non-existent waiter just deliver to us.Special Features:
- Friendliest service I've experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2013Friendliest service I've experienced in Manhattan for a long while. A very warm environment with delicious food. And priced fairly---one feels like they really care for their customers.Special Features: