637 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.corsinocantina.com/
- Phone: 2122423093x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun and Mon: 12pm to 10pm
Tues-Sat: 12pm to 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from corsino
corsino is a casual, rustic restaurant modeled after an Italian wine bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
corsino reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Missing the old menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014I've been going to Corsino for years and used to go on a quite regular basis, however, the new menu has reduced my frequency substantially. The old menu featured a perfectly marinated and cooked hangar steak and my favorite roasted rosemary potatoes. These items have since been replaced with a low-quality strip whose inadequacy was attempted to be covered up by a mound of tomatoes on top (odd, yes) and the ever-so-typical offering of truffle fries. I miss the old entrees and side dishes! I want to be a regular again!Special Features:
- Fresh, light, deliciousFoodie9Dined on 8/16/2014One great reason alone to try Corsino, is the bruschetta. We tried the sampler and liked it so much we ordered another round. The tomato salad with warm mozzarella was delicious. Hands down, the rigatoni with chicken ragu was completely yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!AlanskyVIPDined on 8/7/2014We tried several dishes, sharing everything. Each dish was amazing. I can't wait to go back and try the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meatpacking Rest. AlternativeNYCfeinschmeckerDined on 8/2/2014Located a block south of the main Meatpacking District, Corsino doesn't suffer from the frenetic crowds that can populate the main district. It's location in a picturesque neighborhood on the corner of Hudson and Horatio is ideal, letting lots of light into the restaurant and affording lots of street viewing. On temperate nights the Hudson Street side is completely open to the not-too-busy street, making dining inside the restaurant feel like sidewalk dining at its best. Eclectic retro-rock music in the background is not obtrusive and gives the restaurant an understated avant garde feel. The waitstaff was attentive and my group's sampling of the menu, which is simple, was met with strong approval as were the more modest prices.Special Features:
- My food never cameDisappointedDined on 7/29/2014Disappointing. It was our anniversary. Our am gluten free, my food came out covered in bread crumbs. Waiter took it back and never returned with my dish. Sadly I ate olives for my anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- a delightful surprise in W. VillageAFloridianVIPDined on 7/18/2014Looking for a place for dinner prior to a 7:30 pm show at Barrow Theatre and spotted Corsino on open table. A casual, small restaurant with limited menu, interesting specials. The hostess charmed us immediately by taking my email request for a quiet spot seriously and seating us outside where the music was muted. Our waiters were extremely intelligent and helpful with making choices. We are cab drinkers only. Though no cab was offered by the glass, our waiter suggested a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo that was outstanding. He brought a 1/2 carafe because it was cheaper, an initiative we appreciated. My H's prawns special was superb and my pasta (an unusual macaroni that I can't remember) with pesto sauce luscious. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L.A./Palm Springs, CA foodies!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014I stayed in Chelsea, NY area for a month and just happened upon this corner gem, on late eve stroll, early on in my stay. I am back home now, in Palm Springs, CA and I will miss this place infinitely! I highly recommend the kale salad - nothing like it, trust me! Their meatball appetizer, GET IT! And the flame broiled half chicken, is a MUST! My husband joined me in NYC for my last week and since I had bragged about this place, naturally, we came straight here right after I fetched him from JFK. At the Chelsea Market, you have great options, for lunch, deserts and coffee (Sarabeth's, holy geeezzz!!), but for dinner, Corsino's is your place!Special Features:
- DeliciousDitzyredheadDined on 6/21/2014I hadn't expected a great gluten free pasta...and was prepared to eat around the menu. I didn't, and it was a wonderful meal -- beyond expectation.Special Features:
- A Pleasant Surprise!DeniseDined on 6/11/2014Terrific food! Wonderful service! A neighborhood Italian delight! Cozy atmosphere with outside seating too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for casual outdoor diningsparkleVIPDined on 5/31/2014I was looking for a low-key outdoor dining place as my friend was in town. The weather was nice and was a perfect outdoor space for a casual dining! The food and service was great! They even offered us a half a glass for the seconds! Will go again!!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I brought my parents here for dinner when they came to visit. We had a really great time!Special Features:
- So So Italian foodMellyDined on 5/4/2014I was there with two other people who enjoyed their meal. I didn't enjoy what I ordered. Way over dressed Kale salad (it was drenched in dressing) and very oily cauliflower that had no flavor. There weren't many choices for a non meat eater so I chose to just get two small dishes. Neither were good. It's my third time there and each time I'm less and less impressed. I think I've decided it's not the place for me.Special Features:
- The following 412 reviews are from the corsino reviews archive.
- menu changed, not for the betterAnneDined on 4/19/2014We've enjoyed Corsino many times, so we decided to take friends there this past weekend. We were surprised to discover that half the menu was gone, as well as their much-beloved fried brussel sprouts. The waiter said the menu was being revamped, but that wasn't reflected on your website when we checked. The specials sounded great, but the waiter didn't mention their prices. I was surprised, after ordering one of the specials, that it cost $36, more than twice the average price of Corsino's entrees, & twice the price of anything else on the menu. Till the menu is revamped, it'll only be an occasional drink on their lovely outside eating area. The food we had was very good, but we'd like the menu to return to the way it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014It's a very romantic place. The pastas are tasty, portions are small yup moderate, prices are reasonable. I wasn't blown away with the taste but definitely done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2014always consistent service and delicious food. my last visit they accommodated a gluten-free allergy which was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for ItalianMrCEVIPDined on 4/11/2014Really nice little place. The food is great and it's nice inside. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Classic italian foodvaniDined on 4/6/2014Good food but nothing to cross the city for. a nice neighborhood spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable neighborhood placeRosieDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyable neighborhood place with a cozy atmosphere. Appetizer cheese portions ridiculously small. Everything was very tasty, but not served as hot as it should have been. We had to send two entrees back. Staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four GreatsChessyDined on 3/29/2014Great food, great wine, great atmosphere, great service. Only complaint, the air conditioning was on and it was a cold, rainy March night. Looking forward to coming back in the warmer weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food limited menuDclakerDined on 3/22/2014The pasta was amazing. However, the limited menu made it difficult to please everyone. Service was very nice though our order was a little jumbled. There was a party of at least 20 seated next to us so I think they kept the staff hopping. Possibly due to the large party, we found th noise level quite loud, meaning that we had to shout across the table. However, the vibe of the place was great overall.Special Features:
- best brussel sprouts aroundsuzietDined on 3/20/2014service is very friendly and neighborhood feel. food really is excellent and the brussel sprouts are a must try. staff is nice, casual and they'll do things like charge your mobile phone if you ask (some places won't...)Special Features:
- TerrificLolaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Corsino's food and service are always top notch. The room is intimate without being crowded; lively without being too noisy. The service is casual but attentive and friendly. And the food is traditional, but often with a twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Village Gem!!OrderFireDined on 3/8/2014Had yet again, a wonderful time dining at Corsino on Saturday evening. Juan, the maitre'd/manager was so accommodating in making sure we were sat immediately, even though he had a line of walk-ins at the door clammoring for him! I work in this industry myself, so its never short of amazing when someone can handle the door like that and be graceful! Our server was fantastic and recommended great wine for our dinner. Always get their brussell sprouts! Theyre so delicious!!! Love their cavatelli with sweet sausage and the brisket meatballs - better than my grandma's and that's saying a lot! Headed to the bar for a post dinner drink, Patrick and Yev are a hilarious duo and very attentive bartenders! Great night as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was "fine"MeTooVIPDined on 3/4/2014Tasty. They were very considerate to check with the kitchen regarding ingredients due to allergies.Special Features:
- Great happy hour, consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Great happy hour, consistently good food, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Food was tasty as well. Nothing exceptional but tasty.Special Features:
- Valentine's day discoveryjvi46Dined on 2/14/2014I read a brief review describing this little gem as one of the top 10 small restaurants in the West Village..a great kitchen, intelligent choice of entrees and not over the top pricing. I was more than surprised. I could have been satisfied with just the appetizers. Excellent service and smart enough to keep the music low enough so that you could converse...my gf still talking about how romantic it was...truly a great find! Joe I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedNYCFANVIPDined on 12/27/2013We have dined here many times and have always been so pleased. This past Friday we brought a few friends and they had looked at the menu online and were anticipating some of the items listed and were all disappointed to find they were no longer available. Our server did comment they needed to update their site. Also we found the service to be poor. My husband had to pour the wine for the table and then we had to seek out the waiter when we needed additional items. The food was very good however the service on this trip was below par.Special Features:
- Great food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/20/2013The above says it all. The manager was the one that checked on us and had our non-existent waiter just deliver to us.Special Features:
- Friendliest service I've experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2013Friendliest service I've experienced in Manhattan for a long while. A very warm environment with delicious food. And priced fairly---one feels like they really care for their customers.Special Features:
- Crostini to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013Corsino is a real West Village find. Excellent location, friendly & efficient staff and a relatively small but imaginative menu. The crostini were exceptionally good. The noise level, however, was just half a decibel below impossible. Since the menu and the small tables promote intimate dining & conversation, the din seems contradictory. Brunch offers same menu plus egg dishes and is much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be back - worst service evercnicksDined on 11/26/2013I decided to book a friend dinner for 6 people and it was just awful. Our waiter "Parrish" ignored our table most of the night. Listed out menu items that didn't actually exist on the menu at all. Putting in a drink order everytime took him 30mins to return with the drinks. Our waters were never re-filled. It took us 3 hours from the time he first came to our table to the time he finished. Everything was unbelievably slow and disorganized. He also failed to mention that tip was already included and lucky for us one of our friends asked to see the itemized bill which he never dropped off to us! That really is inexcusable in my book. Service aside the food is good italian items but not good enough to overlook the service.
- Great experience all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2013We had apps, entrees, and dessert and it was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I decided on dinnerFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 11/16/2013My wife and I decided on dinner at Corsino as we had another event to attend in the neighborhood later that evening. I was drawn to this local dining establishment in the West Village by some of the rave reviews for their appetizers which included a fried brussels sprouts dish! From the notable wine list...with help of a selection from the wait staff....to the appetizers of the various crostinis that are offered...and yes...the brussel sprouts met or exceeded our expectations! They were delicious. We had the beef short ribs special and the wonderful brisket meat balls.....simply outstanding. We will return again! We took our time with dinner and did not feel rushed at any point in our dining. We ordered the beef short ribSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealBrooklynFoodieDined on 11/8/2013Service was fantastic. Food was better than expected. Cappuccino was the only sub-par aspect of the dinner. Even after two tries it was pretty much undrinkable. We'll definitely go back, we just won't order the coffee.Special Features:
- Went for brunch Good foodFeedbackVIPDined on 11/3/2013Went for brunch Good food and service Liked the spaceSpecial Features:
- Nice casual night outmltcoloradoDined on 10/18/2013Corsino was a lovely find in the West Village--hostess and server were friendly and prompt, cozy but comfortable table in the back dining room. The outdoor space looked nice as well, but it was a little chilly for us. The prosciutto appetizer with grilled bread was fabulous, as were the brisket meatballs. Pastas were a bit underdone, and their house Brussels sprouts were perfectly crisp but really oversalted. We had a great time; server was available with suggestions and did not make us feel rushed at all.
- I ordered the sirloin. 1/3fijiVIPDined on 10/13/2013I ordered the sirloin. 1/3 of it was fat. The rest of it was gristle-laden. My companions ordered cavatappi (ok) and meatballs (good). "Energetic" doesn't begin to describe the noise level. We were in the quiet zone, but everyone else in the place was shouting, so we had trouble hearing each other. It was to be a special occasion, since we hadn't gotten together since June. But it was very disappointing. Never again!
- A consistently excellent experienceLolaVIPDined on 10/9/2013The food, service and ambience are all consistently excellent. A warm, friendly atmosphere with knowledgeable, helpful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real surpriseGustavoDined on 10/4/2013This restaurant was recomended by a Brazilian journalist who lives in NYC and wrote a short review about the place in his blog. I made a reservation two weeks before leaving Brazil to NYC. When I and my family (including a little boy) arrived at the restaurant we got a well placed table and the host and waiters were very friendly with us. The food and wine were so good and the price was fair. Actually, we had a very pleasant night at Corsino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.