Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
810 The Plaza
Sea Girt, NJ 08750Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fratellosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7329748833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerardo Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
Fratello’s Restaurant and Lounge is Sea Girt’s premiere Italian Restaurant. Whether you’re looking to have a romantic dinner for two or host a big family gathering, Fratello’s is the perfect place for all your fine dining expectations. Known for the best Italian food at the Jersey Shore, Fratello’s has won the Boss of the Sauce competition five years in a row! 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012!!!!! Come by for dinner and the best martinis in town, or hang out at the bar and enjoy an appetizer and a cold beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Sea Girt ›
Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very nice place for casual dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Last Sunday my husband,sister and I, decided to celebrate a birthday lunch at Fratello's. It was a beautiful Sunday, so the place was quiet. Their bruchetta and bread offered before the meal is scrumptious. My husband ordered salmon, while I had the lasagne and my sister had the chicken parmesean. All entrees were delicious. We decided to have desserts and selected the apple crisp and cobbler with ice cream, again, both, delicious choices. Our server was attentive, and all in all, it turned out to be a very satisfying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fratello'sshoregangVIPDined on 8/23/2014our 3rd trip to Fratello's in 3 years was a strike-out. The first visit 3 years ago had poor food and slow service. Last year's visit had great food and good service. this year we were kept waiting 20 minutes despite having a reservation, then seated. After 20 minutes at the table with no service, we left. Don't know if the restaurant is understaffed or what the problem is, but so far we've had no luck.
- Good experience .Anaisabel8Dined on 8/21/2014Thank you for a nice dinner experience .Inside the restaurant is very noise but I had dinner outside. The music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Wait!eatoutcolumbiaVIPDined on 8/16/2014waited almost 45 minutes past our reservation for a table. Looked like they sat regulars over us. Food was good. Area with tables near bar are loud. Back room nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We had made a reservation and were seated right away. The service was excellent. The staff was very attentive. And most importantly, the dinner was delicious! From salad, entree to dessert! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great Food!LauraDined on 8/9/2014Always great food! I ordered an after dinner drink and I saw the bartender take it from our waitress and pur some of the cordial back in the bottle...kind of tacky huh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyLVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a beach store front Italian restaurant. The food is good enough. Large portions.Special Features:
- MandmVIPDined on 8/9/2014Be sure to indicate booth if you want one as hostess keeps these for regulars even if they are arriving an hour after you!
- Great foodKelsfelDined on 8/3/2014Great food and drink. The service was also great for how busy they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedbdockVIPDined on 8/2/2014We'd heard this restaurant was very good and were very disappointed. Three couples went for the first time and ordered a variety of items from seafood to pasta to steak. Nothing was particularly stellar, although the waitress was very nice. We ordered the double brownie for desert for a couple of us - it was covered with whipped cream - and totally tasteless. I don't think we'll be returning.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We had dinner here last week. booth for 4 adults...by the bar...was pretty noise but fine...great martinis and attentive wait staff in creative italiain seafood dishes...its on the listSpecial Features:
- Excellent Overallalavad1Dined on 7/12/2014The initial wait time seemed excessive, but it may have been an unusually busy evening. All food items were rated by my group as excellent, and our server was exceptional. The wine list was very complete and the prices seemed very reasonable. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Loud and localPurple2Dined on 7/4/2014If you want the old style local Italian bar restaurant , this could be your place. However the service was brusque , and the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation. Food was very good and chocolate cake was delicious .
- Lovely AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A wonderful place to dine we especially liked the dinner special prices. I would highly recommend this astablishmentSpecial Features:
- Fratello's in Sea Girt, NJMMT2058Dined on 6/27/2014Fratello's is a great spot. It is a local favorite. It has gotten so popular, the locals have to make a reservation just to get a spot. That is what I did recently and it was very convenient. The food is consistently very good, the staff is very efficient and there is nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- CardinalfanDined on 6/20/2014Fratello's was able to seat us exactly at 8 PM, which was our reservation time. I thought we were off to a great night. Waitress was very impatient in us just trying to relax and have a few cocktails before ordering dinner. Made us all nervous (Table was for 5). She might have caught our vibes and brought us another dish of bruschetta. Food was just "ok". Nothing to write home about. We will give it another try as we have been there several times and most times it is better than this last one. Would have been nice if the manager had come over and said hello.Special Features:
- Good Choice for LunchMissFlipDined on 6/15/2014We had an early lunch reservation for Father's Day - the restaurant was not crowded and made for an enjoyable dining experience. The bar makes an excellent Bloody Mary. The food was great and the service cheerful and attentive (which has always been the case on prior visits, crowded or not). I would choose Fratello's over other spots in Sea Girt for a nice casual meal or event. One caveat: watch out for the flatware - it likes to jump off the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for dinner at shore!EatoutsDined on 5/12/2014This restaurant has great bar and waitress staff - friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable ! The food is outstanding ! The seafood is excellent ! Easy parking and a few blocks from the water. !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayMothersDayDined on 5/11/2014Great service and food and most importantly, extremely accommodating. We had made reservation for 5 (one grand hild) two days before and had to request making it for 9 (three grand children ) the night before Mother's day. Arrangements made with no fuss and a great time was had by all!Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Fun Date NightFunFindsDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed a Saturday night dinner here while waiting to pick up our daughter from an event. This is a neighborhood gathering place for sure. Everyone appeared to be having a great time at the bar. The booth we sat in surrounded the bar area so it was noisy but fun for watching some sports on the TVs and enjoying the energy of the bar area. The food was terrific...served hot and full of flavor. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Italian Food in an Irish Pub!AnnMVIPDined on 4/26/2014I keep coming back…for a bite at the bar (the shrimp will blow your mind), for dinner (my favorite is the flounder francaise, but everything, I mean everything is delicious), and the music on Fridays. Make reservations! This place fills up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortable ambiance.susanDined on 4/12/2014Very comfortable ambiance. Nice welcome from host/hostess; friendly bartenders and waitstaff. Loved the lobster francaise and oyster appetizer. Rack of lamb was also nicely done. Would definitely go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprise....ecooper05Dined on 4/11/2014We decided to try Fratello's because of the Jersey Shore restaurant week. I had the oysters for an appy....WOW! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazing every time!bevoDined on 4/10/2014I am a local and have been to Fratello's several times. I never have had a bad meal. It was restaurant week and they had wonderful menu choices. I had the Scallops, I have them every time. They were in a vermouth sauce this time and fabulous - they are the best scallops anywhere! My boyfriend had the rack of lamb, it was wonderfully presented and so tender and perfectly cooked. I must mention the appetizers, I had ravioli with vodka sauce and the sauce was so delicious. My boyfriend had the calamari and scungilli salad and he said it was the best ever. The only complaint is the desserts for restaurant week. I know they don't make the desserts there, they are made by an outside person. That being said - Fratello's food is perfect every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!!!Scotishlassie97Dined on 4/8/2014WOW! What amazing food! What a selection to choose from! I had the lobster franchaise it was out of this world!The selections on the menu were all on a higher level, not your typical bar and grille,and the variety to choose from was like no other!The atmosphere was casual with great booths in the bar area that were very private and you can adjust your own lighting level,I thought was a great personal touch!My girlfriend ordered the Halibit,the portions, huge!My husbands Filet and her husbands lamb chops were tender as can be! I have never had loster cooked so perfect in my life!(one other time, MAYBE!) My only complaint is that they mixed up our to go tins.Other than that we will be sure to come back again !! The food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ITALIANJandSDined on 4/5/2014Very good Italian food, very friendly and professional waitress, lousy host, pricey house wines.Special Features:
- Back roomKippDined on 4/5/2014Overbooked restaurant week. Were placed in a back room that was being arranged for additional seating after we were seated. Away from the main restaurant eating area. Good food and service but we were shuffled out quickly for the next seating. Usually this place is a very comfortable, community hot spotSpecial Features:
- It is unfortunatelocalgalDined on 3/21/2014Food is good, service is very good, unfortunately, the hostesses behave preferentially, IGNORING YOU while taking care of their friends even though they might have come in after you. Even with a specific reservation, you are often treated badly by hostesses. MUSIC IS SO LOUD THAT YOU CAN'T HEAR THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the dinner very much.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Enjoyed the dinner very much. Our server Rebecca was wonderful! This was our first time there and she was very helpful in recommending dishes. Service was very prompt and Rebecca was very attentive. A little pricey, but would definately go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PORK CHOPSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014THEY HAVE THE BEST PORK CHOPS. THEY ARE BIG AND I ALWAYS ORDER IT. THE SALADS THAT COME WITH DINNER COULD BE BIGGER BUT OTHER THAN THAT, FOOD AWESOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who's the Boss?RichnLindaDined on 2/15/2014Went there on a Saturday night around 7:00pm, the bar was packed with gray hairs and the hostess who seated us made us feel like she was doing us a favor. I was looking forward to trying their award winning sauce and asked for a half portion as a side dish. The pasta was over cooked to the point of falling apart and the sauce was thin and watery and was lacking flavor. The rest of my meal including the stale cheesecake was only fair. When you boast in print and on your menu that you're the Boss of the Sauce winner you should make sure that the dish you serve today is equal to the one that got you that title in the first place. I'm not coming back.
- Old style local placemannyVIPDined on 2/14/2014An old style bar restaurant serving healthy portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise on Valentine's DaSuDaveDined on 2/14/2014Tried Fratello's on Valentine's Day after noticing it on Open Table. First reaction was "what an old crowd". The atmosphere grew on us as the night progressed - energized group. Our server, Rebecca was great from the start, made us feel comfortable, and didn't hesitate to suggest menu items. Soup or salad were included with our dinners - my wife opted for shrimp bisque and I had a house salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing. For the main course, we chose Atlantic sea scallops stuffed with crabmeat in a champagne dill sauce and Veal Desta (veal medallions with eggplant, prosciutto, cheese, onions, mushrooms in a light tomato sauce) - both were excellent! Drinks were good (nice selection of wine by the glass). We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little shaky with the waitressItalianFoodLoverDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I came to Fratellos on Valentines Day as first timers, and the food and people around were great! But our waitress not so much, she treated us like three year olds not expecting much but a couple of "punk kids." Right after we got up she rushed to the table to pick up the check with her tip, we were not even two steps away from the table. We found it rude but the food and ambiance made up for it. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- missed the markdissatisfiedDined on 2/14/2014Went with friends for Valentines Day, had heard good things but we were disappointed. We were seated in the back room by an exit door with a very cold draft. The table was an expanded square top to a rounded 6 top which tilted down in front of 4 guests. Sauces and soups could spill onto your lap if you weren't careful. The guests enjoyed their meals three did not. The ravioli special was tasty as was the flounder francaise but the stuffed scallops and swordfish were poorly complimented with too much sauce. Service was acceptable and pleasant. Won't go there again as it wasn't inexpensive.
- One of our favorite restaurantsHowardC0716Dined on 2/12/2014We had another wonderful dining experience at Fratello's with our good friends this past Wednesday evening. As always, the food and service were terrific and we all had a most enjoyable evening. Start the night out with a specialty martini made by Joe, the long-time bartender. He is the best! All of the dishes containing red sauce (house specialty) are excellent, along with the Rigatoni Bolognese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was exceptional.dinerVIPDined on 2/12/2014Our waitress was exceptional. This is the "Cheers" place in Sea Girt, NJ. Lot of regulars who were well known to all - no different to first timers though. We had the early bird specials and the portions were huge. All the people in my party had something different but each said theirs was delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Fratello'sBarbaraVIPDined on 2/4/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. The food is great. The bartenders, joe and Jess and Jill and Jackie are all very attentive and friendly. Our waitress was Susan and she is the best. Chris ,the owner, knows how the run a restaurant and is very. Welcoming to everyone dining here. We would tell everyone to go there at least once and then it would be their favorite alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!SuzieQDined on 1/24/2014We went on a Friday night not anticipating the crowd and live music. Everyone enjoyed their soups and salad. Eight of us had different entrees including pastas, veal, chicken, crab and pork chops. We loved them all. Service was a little slow because the place was packed. We will definitely go back many more times on a less busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findpadareejVIPDined on 1/20/2014I hadn't eaten here in a while and I had forgotten how good it was! We ate early so we may have gotten better service due to the emptiness of the place. The food was really wonderful and we will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.