Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
810 The Plaza
Sea Girt, NJ 08750Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fratellosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (732) 974-8833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerardo Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
Fratello’s Restaurant and Lounge is Sea Girt’s premiere Italian Restaurant. Whether you’re looking to have a romantic dinner for two or host a big family gathering, Fratello’s is the perfect place for all your fine dining expectations. Known for the best Italian food at the Jersey Shore, Fratello’s has won the Boss of the Sauce competition five years in a row! 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012!!!!! Come by for dinner and the best martinis in town, or hang out at the bar and enjoy an appetizer and a cold beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (48)vibrant bar scene (34)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (21)kid-friendly (14)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (10)hot spot (8)romantic (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great menu selectionJerseygirlDined on 11/14/2014We went for restaurant week and were pleasantly surprised by the great menu selection. For appetizers we tried the artichoke hearts franchise and stuffed eggplant. Both were prepared to perfection. The entrees we selected were sirloin steak with shrimp scampi. The steak was cooked just right and the scampi was as nice addition ontop of the meat. We also had stuffed scallops. The scallops were stuffed with crabmeat and were very flavorful. This was served with a risotto, just enough and mixed vegetables. Dessert was okay. We had the apple crumble, expecting something more like a baked apple crumble, but it was more like an apple crumb cake. Overall it was very good and I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best menu for shore restaurant weekPrincetonandBelmarfoodieDined on 11/12/2014Originally we want to go to more famous restaurants in Monmouth county but we could not resist the menu at Fratellos. Fratellos had the best menu for restaurant week. The gluten free stuffed eggplant appetizer and lobster francisase were unique and delicious. We had a lovely private booth in the bar area. Although the dining room offers ambiance and a more relax atmosphere. Joe makes the best drinks at the shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simpDined on 11/12/2014Full sized portions. Food was outstanding as was the menus selection for resturant week. Owner Chris was very friendly and took some time to speak to us. We highly recommend this resturant !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Tried this restaurant for restaurant week hoping to find a new favorite. Service was very slow. Wait staff were dressed sloppy, although the busboy in the stained white thermal shirt was very polite and faster than the waitress. Appetizers and dessert were cool when finally served. Entrees were nothing special. Was not worth the price and not adding to my favorites list.
- Restaurant week or any weekRoeKDined on 11/9/2014We where drawn there by their restaurant week menu and where so happy to dine there. The service was outstanding as was the food. We ordered a cocktail and enjoyed it and a plate of complimentary bruschetta in a relaxed setting. The food was plentiful and delicious. All four of us enjoyed the food and plan to return...often.Special Features:
- Great food, lousy serviceJackDined on 11/8/2014Let me start by saying that I have eaten here many times and the food (and usually the service) is consistently very good. Our group of four had reservations for 7:30PM on the first night of restaurant week. After a short wait at the bar, we were seated and ordered. Our appetizers came out and we then waited 45 minutes for our main course. Our server was clueless and had clearly mixed up her order tickets.When I questioned the manager about the delay, he apologized and told us the food would be right out. That didn't happen for another 15 minutes. Again, the food was very good and reasonably priced, but decidedly an off night as far as the service was concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyGinontherocksDined on 11/8/2014We were a party of four adults and one three month old in a stroller. Everything was very very good. Drinks were as they should be the restaurant week menu was very extensive. Not just two or three things. It was great value for the money. We will be back. Friendly staff. Made for a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food w/above average priceFoodExplorerDined on 11/8/2014We tried this establishment during restaurant week. Overall, the food was average. My lamb chops were cold but had a good flavor. The steak and shrimp scampi dish was ok. Shrimp was undercooked and covered in garlic while the steak was cold. The only dish that was presented hot was the seafood fradiavlo however we sent it back because the pasta was over cooked and mushy. Overall the food was mediocre for the prices they charge. Based on the quality, the food is comparable to a nice pizzeria and not a higher end restaurant. However, the prices they charge are on the high end of great food restaurant ($22-30) average for a plate. We will not go back because we felt this restaurant was overpriced for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Everything was great!JanetDined on 11/2/2014We brought our good friends, who just moved to the area, last Sunday evening. We hadn't seen them in a long time, and Fratello's was the perfect place to enjoy conversation, good drinks, great service, and great food. Our friends enjoyed their meals very much, and now have added Fratello's to their list of favorite places. Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent and consistentHighTideVisitorDined on 10/24/2014An excellent restaurant a little north of where we live so we sometimes forget it is available. The food is excellent, service excellent and price reasonable. Because it can become busy at dinner quickly on weekends we usually make a reservation.Special Features:
- BandBDined on 10/18/2014Great food and ambiance . Friendly staff. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningskibunnyDined on 10/18/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. Took a little longer to be served our entrees but restaurant was very busy. Everyone enjoyed their selections. Only difficulty occurred when I had to increase the size of our party on Open Table. I was able to increase the size of out party but couldn't confirm for the same time as the original reservation.Special Features:
- Good but not greatpattygVIPDined on 10/4/2014The bruschetta and the bread that they bring you to start was our favorite part of the meal. Perfect bruschetta and bread right out of the oven. The rest of the food was good but nothing to write home about. I have had better Italian elsewhere. Not in a rush to go back but I wouldn't not go back. It was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great Even on a Busy Saturday NightNDCL60Dined on 9/20/2014As always enjoyed our meal and service. Veal is always especially excellent.Special Features:
- Super Slow ServiceChrisDined on 9/20/2014Had a 6:15PM Saturday night reservation for 4 people. Big problem - the entrees didn't show till after 8PM. We didn't order anything special and avoided appetizers as we had heard rumors of very slow service. Put the order in about 6:45P after getting a bottle of wine and a drink for the non wine drinkers. Around 7:30P discussed the delay for entrées with waitress and she told us that the addition of outside dining was causing the kitchen to back up. Wait staff tried to do their best and ultimately offered free dessert as compensation for the long wait. Net: the food quality is good but it's not worth the very slow service - I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Friendly Foodie FindShoredeeDined on 9/18/2014The food is always good. The Italian red sauce excellent and oysters gratinee app wondrous BUT best of all a caring friendly wait staff the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dininggurusDined on 9/15/2014From the moment we walked in we were hooked. This is the kind of place we have been looking for. Took a chance to go there for our anniversary dinner and was very surprised. Our first visit will definitely not be our last. Our server Kayla was fantastic, our bartender Jill mixed us up some great martinis and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Great Spot for a Laid Back Dinnergoodtimes2014Dined on 9/7/2014Not too crowded, not too noisy... just right. Mostly and older crowd but this was to be expected since the shore points are now in the 'off season.' Overall a great place to relax and have a great dinner! Reasonably priced and they give you your money's worth!Special Features:
- Anxious to returnFrank63Dined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent. Sevice was friendly and attentive. We are anxious to return to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood italian12608Dined on 8/31/2014A large group of us were all pleasantly surprised at the how delicious our meals were. Veal was perfectly tender, seafood entrees were flavorful and all of the meals tastes like authentic home cooked Italian!Special Features:
- Stano89Dined on 8/31/2014We love the comfortable atmosphere and friendly waitstaff. The oysters gratinee are the best I've ever had hands down, totally addiciting. Huge fans of the stuffed mushrooms and the Flounder Francaise is consistently excellent. We've been going for the last 4 years or so and hands down one our family's favorite Jersey Shore restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbimay07Dined on 8/30/2014good food good wine highly recommend great staff great bartendersSpecial Features:
- Best of the NJ Beach!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a BIG party of 14 and sometimes that can be a challenge service-wise, but the crew at Fratello's was awesome, on top of everything and smiling! The food is superb and it is in the opinion of our entire group the best place to eat in the Monmouth County area for families, friends and everything in between!Special Features:
- Great Early Bird Special !The1Travel1GirlVIPDined on 8/27/2014I read the chef won awards for the sauce, so I decided to have a Wednesday night pasta dinner. Well, I did, and it was not bad, but what was most impressive was the early bird. Salad, full meal, half price wine, and the plates had plenty of very nice looking, tasty food. I decided to stay at the bar, and the service was on point. I loved the booths, lined up along either side of restaurant. Seating outside also. Great little find for meSpecial Features:
- Very nice place for casual dining.dr2momDined on 8/24/2014Last Sunday my husband,sister and I, decided to celebrate a birthday lunch at Fratello's. It was a beautiful Sunday, so the place was quiet. Their bruchetta and bread offered before the meal is scrumptious. My husband ordered salmon, while I had the lasagne and my sister had the chicken parmesean. All entrees were delicious. We decided to have desserts and selected the apple crisp and cobbler with ice cream, again, both, delicious choices. Our server was attentive, and all in all, it turned out to be a very satisfying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fratello'sshoregangVIPDined on 8/23/2014our 3rd trip to Fratello's in 3 years was a strike-out. The first visit 3 years ago had poor food and slow service. Last year's visit had great food and good service. this year we were kept waiting 20 minutes despite having a reservation, then seated. After 20 minutes at the table with no service, we left. Don't know if the restaurant is understaffed or what the problem is, but so far we've had no luck.
- Good experience .Anaisabel8Dined on 8/21/2014Thank you for a nice dinner experience .Inside the restaurant is very noise but I had dinner outside. The music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Wait!eatoutcolumbiaVIPDined on 8/16/2014waited almost 45 minutes past our reservation for a table. Looked like they sat regulars over us. Food was good. Area with tables near bar are loud. Back room nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We had made a reservation and were seated right away. The service was excellent. The staff was very attentive. And most importantly, the dinner was delicious! From salad, entree to dessert! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great Food!LauraVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always great food! I ordered an after dinner drink and I saw the bartender take it from our waitress and pur some of the cordial back in the bottle...kind of tacky huh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyLVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a beach store front Italian restaurant. The food is good enough. Large portions.Special Features:
- MandmVIPDined on 8/9/2014Be sure to indicate booth if you want one as hostess keeps these for regulars even if they are arriving an hour after you!
- Great foodKelsfelDined on 8/3/2014Great food and drink. The service was also great for how busy they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedbdockVIPDined on 8/2/2014We'd heard this restaurant was very good and were very disappointed. Three couples went for the first time and ordered a variety of items from seafood to pasta to steak. Nothing was particularly stellar, although the waitress was very nice. We ordered the double brownie for desert for a couple of us - it was covered with whipped cream - and totally tasteless. I don't think we'll be returning.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We had dinner here last week. booth for 4 adults...by the bar...was pretty noise but fine...great martinis and attentive wait staff in creative italiain seafood dishes...its on the listSpecial Features:
- Excellent Overallalavad1Dined on 7/12/2014The initial wait time seemed excessive, but it may have been an unusually busy evening. All food items were rated by my group as excellent, and our server was exceptional. The wine list was very complete and the prices seemed very reasonable. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Loud and localPurple2Dined on 7/4/2014If you want the old style local Italian bar restaurant , this could be your place. However the service was brusque , and the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation. Food was very good and chocolate cake was delicious .
- Lovely AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A wonderful place to dine we especially liked the dinner special prices. I would highly recommend this astablishmentSpecial Features:
- Fratello's in Sea Girt, NJMMT2058Dined on 6/27/2014Fratello's is a great spot. It is a local favorite. It has gotten so popular, the locals have to make a reservation just to get a spot. That is what I did recently and it was very convenient. The food is consistently very good, the staff is very efficient and there is nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- CardinalfanDined on 6/20/2014Fratello's was able to seat us exactly at 8 PM, which was our reservation time. I thought we were off to a great night. Waitress was very impatient in us just trying to relax and have a few cocktails before ordering dinner. Made us all nervous (Table was for 5). She might have caught our vibes and brought us another dish of bruschetta. Food was just "ok". Nothing to write home about. We will give it another try as we have been there several times and most times it is better than this last one. Would have been nice if the manager had come over and said hello.Special Features: