Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
810 The Plaza
Sea Girt, NJ 08750Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fratellosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7329748833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerardo Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge
Fratello’s Restaurant and Lounge is Sea Girt’s premiere Italian Restaurant. Whether you’re looking to have a romantic dinner for two or host a big family gathering, Fratello’s is the perfect place for all your fine dining expectations. Known for the best Italian food at the Jersey Shore, Fratello’s has won the Boss of the Sauce competition five years in a row! 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012!!!!! Come by for dinner and the best martinis in town, or hang out at the bar and enjoy an appetizer and a cold beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)romantic (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- BandBDined on 10/18/2014Great food and ambiance . Friendly staff. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningskibunnyDined on 10/18/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. Took a little longer to be served our entrees but restaurant was very busy. Everyone enjoyed their selections. Only difficulty occurred when I had to increase the size of our party on Open Table. I was able to increase the size of out party but couldn't confirm for the same time as the original reservation.Special Features:
- Good but not greatpattygVIPDined on 10/4/2014The bruschetta and the bread that they bring you to start was our favorite part of the meal. Perfect bruschetta and bread right out of the oven. The rest of the food was good but nothing to write home about. I have had better Italian elsewhere. Not in a rush to go back but I wouldn't not go back. It was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great Even on a Busy Saturday NightNDCL60Dined on 9/20/2014As always enjoyed our meal and service. Veal is always especially excellent.Special Features:
- Super Slow ServiceChrisDined on 9/20/2014Had a 6:15PM Saturday night reservation for 4 people. Big problem - the entrees didn't show till after 8PM. We didn't order anything special and avoided appetizers as we had heard rumors of very slow service. Put the order in about 6:45P after getting a bottle of wine and a drink for the non wine drinkers. Around 7:30P discussed the delay for entrées with waitress and she told us that the addition of outside dining was causing the kitchen to back up. Wait staff tried to do their best and ultimately offered free dessert as compensation for the long wait. Net: the food quality is good but it's not worth the very slow service - I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Friendly Foodie FindShoredeeDined on 9/18/2014The food is always good. The Italian red sauce excellent and oysters gratinee app wondrous BUT best of all a caring friendly wait staff the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dininggurusDined on 9/15/2014From the moment we walked in we were hooked. This is the kind of place we have been looking for. Took a chance to go there for our anniversary dinner and was very surprised. Our first visit will definitely not be our last. Our server Kayla was fantastic, our bartender Jill mixed us up some great martinis and the food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Great Spot for a Laid Back Dinnergoodtimes2014Dined on 9/7/2014Not too crowded, not too noisy... just right. Mostly and older crowd but this was to be expected since the shore points are now in the 'off season.' Overall a great place to relax and have a great dinner! Reasonably priced and they give you your money's worth!Special Features:
- Anxious to returnFrank63Dined on 9/6/2014Food was excellent. Sevice was friendly and attentive. We are anxious to return to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood italian12608Dined on 8/31/2014A large group of us were all pleasantly surprised at the how delicious our meals were. Veal was perfectly tender, seafood entrees were flavorful and all of the meals tastes like authentic home cooked Italian!Special Features:
- Stano89Dined on 8/31/2014We love the comfortable atmosphere and friendly waitstaff. The oysters gratinee are the best I've ever had hands down, totally addiciting. Huge fans of the stuffed mushrooms and the Flounder Francaise is consistently excellent. We've been going for the last 4 years or so and hands down one our family's favorite Jersey Shore restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbimay07Dined on 8/30/2014good food good wine highly recommend great staff great bartendersSpecial Features:
- Best of the NJ Beach!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a BIG party of 14 and sometimes that can be a challenge service-wise, but the crew at Fratello's was awesome, on top of everything and smiling! The food is superb and it is in the opinion of our entire group the best place to eat in the Monmouth County area for families, friends and everything in between!Special Features:
- Great Early Bird Special !The1Travel1GirlVIPDined on 8/27/2014I read the chef won awards for the sauce, so I decided to have a Wednesday night pasta dinner. Well, I did, and it was not bad, but what was most impressive was the early bird. Salad, full meal, half price wine, and the plates had plenty of very nice looking, tasty food. I decided to stay at the bar, and the service was on point. I loved the booths, lined up along either side of restaurant. Seating outside also. Great little find for meSpecial Features:
- Very nice place for casual dining.dr2momDined on 8/24/2014Last Sunday my husband,sister and I, decided to celebrate a birthday lunch at Fratello's. It was a beautiful Sunday, so the place was quiet. Their bruchetta and bread offered before the meal is scrumptious. My husband ordered salmon, while I had the lasagne and my sister had the chicken parmesean. All entrees were delicious. We decided to have desserts and selected the apple crisp and cobbler with ice cream, again, both, delicious choices. Our server was attentive, and all in all, it turned out to be a very satisfying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fratello'sshoregangVIPDined on 8/23/2014our 3rd trip to Fratello's in 3 years was a strike-out. The first visit 3 years ago had poor food and slow service. Last year's visit had great food and good service. this year we were kept waiting 20 minutes despite having a reservation, then seated. After 20 minutes at the table with no service, we left. Don't know if the restaurant is understaffed or what the problem is, but so far we've had no luck.
- Good experience .Anaisabel8Dined on 8/21/2014Thank you for a nice dinner experience .Inside the restaurant is very noise but I had dinner outside. The music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Wait!eatoutcolumbiaVIPDined on 8/16/2014waited almost 45 minutes past our reservation for a table. Looked like they sat regulars over us. Food was good. Area with tables near bar are loud. Back room nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We had made a reservation and were seated right away. The service was excellent. The staff was very attentive. And most importantly, the dinner was delicious! From salad, entree to dessert! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great Food!LauraDined on 8/9/2014Always great food! I ordered an after dinner drink and I saw the bartender take it from our waitress and pur some of the cordial back in the bottle...kind of tacky huh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyLVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a beach store front Italian restaurant. The food is good enough. Large portions.Special Features:
- MandmVIPDined on 8/9/2014Be sure to indicate booth if you want one as hostess keeps these for regulars even if they are arriving an hour after you!
- Great foodKelsfelDined on 8/3/2014Great food and drink. The service was also great for how busy they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedbdockVIPDined on 8/2/2014We'd heard this restaurant was very good and were very disappointed. Three couples went for the first time and ordered a variety of items from seafood to pasta to steak. Nothing was particularly stellar, although the waitress was very nice. We ordered the double brownie for desert for a couple of us - it was covered with whipped cream - and totally tasteless. I don't think we'll be returning.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We had dinner here last week. booth for 4 adults...by the bar...was pretty noise but fine...great martinis and attentive wait staff in creative italiain seafood dishes...its on the listSpecial Features:
- Excellent Overallalavad1Dined on 7/12/2014The initial wait time seemed excessive, but it may have been an unusually busy evening. All food items were rated by my group as excellent, and our server was exceptional. The wine list was very complete and the prices seemed very reasonable. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Loud and localPurple2Dined on 7/4/2014If you want the old style local Italian bar restaurant , this could be your place. However the service was brusque , and the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation. Food was very good and chocolate cake was delicious .
- Lovely AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A wonderful place to dine we especially liked the dinner special prices. I would highly recommend this astablishmentSpecial Features:
- Fratello's in Sea Girt, NJMMT2058Dined on 6/27/2014Fratello's is a great spot. It is a local favorite. It has gotten so popular, the locals have to make a reservation just to get a spot. That is what I did recently and it was very convenient. The food is consistently very good, the staff is very efficient and there is nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Fratello's Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- CardinalfanDined on 6/20/2014Fratello's was able to seat us exactly at 8 PM, which was our reservation time. I thought we were off to a great night. Waitress was very impatient in us just trying to relax and have a few cocktails before ordering dinner. Made us all nervous (Table was for 5). She might have caught our vibes and brought us another dish of bruschetta. Food was just "ok". Nothing to write home about. We will give it another try as we have been there several times and most times it is better than this last one. Would have been nice if the manager had come over and said hello.Special Features:
- Good Choice for LunchMissFlipDined on 6/15/2014We had an early lunch reservation for Father's Day - the restaurant was not crowded and made for an enjoyable dining experience. The bar makes an excellent Bloody Mary. The food was great and the service cheerful and attentive (which has always been the case on prior visits, crowded or not). I would choose Fratello's over other spots in Sea Girt for a nice casual meal or event. One caveat: watch out for the flatware - it likes to jump off the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for dinner at shore!EatoutsDined on 5/12/2014This restaurant has great bar and waitress staff - friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable ! The food is outstanding ! The seafood is excellent ! Easy parking and a few blocks from the water. !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayMothersDayDined on 5/11/2014Great service and food and most importantly, extremely accommodating. We had made reservation for 5 (one grand hild) two days before and had to request making it for 9 (three grand children ) the night before Mother's day. Arrangements made with no fuss and a great time was had by all!Special Features:
- Fun Date NightFunFindsVIPDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed a Saturday night dinner here while waiting to pick up our daughter from an event. This is a neighborhood gathering place for sure. Everyone appeared to be having a great time at the bar. The booth we sat in surrounded the bar area so it was noisy but fun for watching some sports on the TVs and enjoying the energy of the bar area. The food was terrific...served hot and full of flavor. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Italian Food in an Irish Pub!AnnMVIPDined on 4/26/2014I keep coming back…for a bite at the bar (the shrimp will blow your mind), for dinner (my favorite is the flounder francaise, but everything, I mean everything is delicious), and the music on Fridays. Make reservations! This place fills up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortable ambiance.susanDined on 4/12/2014Very comfortable ambiance. Nice welcome from host/hostess; friendly bartenders and waitstaff. Loved the lobster francaise and oyster appetizer. Rack of lamb was also nicely done. Would definitely go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprise....ecooper05Dined on 4/11/2014We decided to try Fratello's because of the Jersey Shore restaurant week. I had the oysters for an appy....WOW! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Amazing every time!bevoDined on 4/10/2014I am a local and have been to Fratello's several times. I never have had a bad meal. It was restaurant week and they had wonderful menu choices. I had the Scallops, I have them every time. They were in a vermouth sauce this time and fabulous - they are the best scallops anywhere! My boyfriend had the rack of lamb, it was wonderfully presented and so tender and perfectly cooked. I must mention the appetizers, I had ravioli with vodka sauce and the sauce was so delicious. My boyfriend had the calamari and scungilli salad and he said it was the best ever. The only complaint is the desserts for restaurant week. I know they don't make the desserts there, they are made by an outside person. That being said - Fratello's food is perfect every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!!!Scotishlassie97Dined on 4/8/2014WOW! What amazing food! What a selection to choose from! I had the lobster franchaise it was out of this world!The selections on the menu were all on a higher level, not your typical bar and grille,and the variety to choose from was like no other!The atmosphere was casual with great booths in the bar area that were very private and you can adjust your own lighting level,I thought was a great personal touch!My girlfriend ordered the Halibit,the portions, huge!My husbands Filet and her husbands lamb chops were tender as can be! I have never had loster cooked so perfect in my life!(one other time, MAYBE!) My only complaint is that they mixed up our to go tins.Other than that we will be sure to come back again !! The food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ITALIANJandSDined on 4/5/2014Very good Italian food, very friendly and professional waitress, lousy host, pricey house wines.Special Features: