Fratelli's Italian Kitchen - San Marcos
1020 W. San Marcos Blvd. #138
San Marcos, CA 92078Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fratelli's Italian Kitchen - San Marcos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fratellissanmarcos.com/
- Phone: 7604440414x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday, 11:30-8:30, Friday & Saturday 11:30-9:00, Sunday 11:30-8:30. (Closed Mondays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: From birthdays, wedding rehearsals, business meetings, to your much needed friendly gathering, our Fratelli's event team are here to create your next memorable occasion for you and your party.
- Private Party Contact: Christen Graeser 7604440414
A word from Fratelli's Italian Kitchen - San Marcos
Casual and fun, yet classy and relaxing, Fratelli's provides a unique Italian dining experience right in the heart of Restaurant Row San Marcos. Home-made Italian fare, hand tossed pizzas, local craft beers and a delicious wine list comprise a menu unlike any other in North County. Our level of service and commitment to you, our guest, is to do everything we can to make sure you have the best dining experience possible. We appreciate you and value your business.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fratelli's Italian Kitchen - San Marcos reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very Good ServiceRoseloverDined on 9/27/2014We had a group of 8. 2 of our group have dietary restrictions (gluten) and the waiter and kitchen were very accommodating. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Food Was a Excellent As Was ServiceDaraDimplesDined on 9/26/2014My daughter and I had a delightful dinner. The food arrived at the table nice and hot and the wine was delicious. Our server was extremely attentive, too. The noise level was quite high and we attributed that to the restaurant being very busy, the concrete flooring, and being seated in the front corner of the room where the noise reverberated quite a bit. However, the food. Ore than offset the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home made qualityMamaleoniDined on 9/23/2014Great real Italian food! Very attentive and enjoyable waiter. Dessert, tiramisu and spumoni, were delicious and big enough to share! We plan to return often when in the area.Special Features:
- Italian Basics with a SmilePuffinPowerDined on 8/31/2014The menu here is mostly old school Italian. The only nod to a more modern sort of Italian food is the caprese salad, made with heirloom tomatoes and a wonderful burrata. That said, they do the old school Italian very well. I had linguine and clams and my husband had veal piccata, both of which were excellent. The wine list is small, but there are enough selections to work from (and I understand that they will waive corkage if you bring in a bottle of wine from the wine shop across the street). The service could not have been friendlier. If you are looking for a fancy fine dining Italian, this isn't it, but for Italian classics, this is a great place.Special Features:
- Food good; service disappointingDickDined on 8/15/2014I virtually never write reviews. This was our 3rd visit. Because of positive experiences the first two times with just me and my wife on a Tuesday eve, we invited my mother-in-law, our son and his family (total 7) for a Friday evening. I wrote a long description of our experience but exceeded character count by 1100+ and will not re-state in smaller space. Suffice it to say, food tasted good; service and professionalism of staff very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eager to returnDesignerlabeluverDined on 8/7/2014In looking for a restaurant that was a half way point between ourselves and friends, we came upon Fratelli's. Happy hour runs until 7:00, so we had drinks and fried Mozzarella for $5 each. The Mozzarella was perfect! Crispy and warm on the outside, melted on the inside. Everyone's entree looked delicious and they all said it was. My hubbie and I shared a Creme Brûlée for dessert with a warm crust and creamy center. Our server was fantastic. It was a great evening out. I wish they had outdoor dining. The next time I go, I'll choose the center of the restaurant back by the bar instead of the booth overlooking the parking lot. I look forward to going there again soon! Great Find!Special Features:
- Consistently goodlovebirdsDined on 8/2/2014To date, my wife and I have visited Fratelli's Italian Kitchen in San Marcos four times for dinner and twice for lunch. On each visit we have found that the menu selections are great, service is prompt, efficient and courteous and the food is consistently good. Well worth a try if you have a hankering for great Italian food.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationgrampajDined on 7/31/2014We selected to celebrate our daughters birthday here after reading the reviews online. There were seven of us and the service and food choice and quality were great. We all enjoyed the evening and we look forward to eatng there again.Special Features:
- Always a WinnerLabDadVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fratelli's has become one of our favorite "go to" spots. The food is always very good, service is excellent, and the price is reasonable. A friendly place you can always count on when you're in the mood for Italian food and a nice glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Took my girlfriend out for dinner there. It was a bit less of a "date spot" than I hoped, but the food was delicious and the servers were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Fantastic restaurant and I'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 7/17/2014We always have a great meal here. Thanks for a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Averageamc13Dined on 7/17/2014Having not eaten here before, our small group arrived before a business meeting. I expected something more in decor and ambiance. The entre salads were below par; my veal entre was fine but not great. Other opentable reviews caused my expectations to be greater than the reality.Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Fratelli's Italian Kitchen - San Marcos reviews archive.
- dineswithdelightDined on 5/24/2014A great venue for our son's graduation celebration. The entrees were delicious, especially the chicken marsala and salmon piccata. Our special thanks to Brad, our server. He did a masterful job in serving our large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itLawrenceFamilyDined on 5/11/2014We had never been there before and took a chance for Mothers Day. The food was fantastic. The best italian restaurant i have eaten at in San Diego. We enjoyed it more than Carmelas italian restaurant also there in San Marcos. This will be our first choice always for italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in San MarcosWeEatOutDined on 5/9/2014We are so happy to have a GOOD place to have a nice dinner in San Marcos. The food is flavorful, fresh and high quality. The ciabatta bread and basil pesto dip is very very good. Wonderful pasta and the best ricotta cheesecake anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. The serverMitraDined on 4/11/2014The food was great. The server was extremely friendly. We will definitely go back again :)Special Features:
- First VisitpeggybDined on 4/4/2014We had a good experience. I made a reservation (mid-week), but it wouldn't have been necessary. Server Brad was excellent...friendly and knowledgeable! Food was good...we ordered spaghetti, ravioli, and fish. Bread was fresh and very good. Portions were reasonable, and prices were agreeable with moderate range. Lighting and decor was darker than I prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIts in Restaurant Row FineEscSteveDined on 4/3/2014Taking over the space Bruno's vacated, Fratelli's provides a comparable dining experience. Fine if it is close to you, but not worth driving very far.Special Features:
- Very NiceBeelDined on 3/9/2014This is the second time my family has dined here. Pizza and pasta both very nice. We are not fans of most SD pizza and like it very much here.Special Features:
- Good Italian cooking & reasonableSusan1484VIPDined on 2/18/2014Had a simple lunch of salads but the offering for the lunch specials were decent; four choices of pasta, other selections for entrees still included salad and bread for under ten dollars. Worth a look-see for families or on a budget couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely time!JanetDined on 2/16/2014I went with seven friends for lunch and it was very, very good! I only stop short of excellent because the luncheon portions were a bit small. We had a great time, great wine and wonderful warm Focaccia bread with a nice blend of oil and herbs to dip! The Burrata caprese appetizer was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicedbroperVIPDined on 2/15/2014Fratelli's Italian Kitchen in San Marcos is a real find. As soon as I tasted the fresh pesto in olive oil served with the warm bread I know we were in for a treat. I had the chicken piccata served over pasta which was delicious. The chicken was tender, with just the right amount of garlic and lemon. My wife had the shrimp scampi which she reports was excellent. My son had the very hefty carne calzone which he loved. The service was friendly and attentive, but never obtrusive. All in all, it was a wonderful meal, just the right combination of casual ambiance and impeccable comfort food. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- not what I expectedJeffTVIPDined on 2/9/2014The good: The service was friendly and proactive. The bad: Food was bland and average The potential: I heard they are open to fitting in requests if you let them know before you come in, such as special ingredients. They have a lovely bar seating section, but the rest of the place looks more like the typical pizza joint.Special Features:
- Frat houseAnonyDined on 2/8/2014Food so so. Waiter tried. Bread was served at a premium. Good mainly as dine and GoSpecial Features:
- FratelliJackVIPDined on 1/24/2014Outstanding service and a very friendly staff. Food is excellent and wine list more than adequate. These folks try hard and obviously enjoy what they do. Have recommended this establishment to many friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice spotTCBDDined on 1/23/2014comfortable place, good selection. friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallJ111Dined on 1/19/2014Restaurant needs a lunch special menu. Food overall is pretty good.
- A Pleasantly Surprisingly Good MealFriendlyVIPDined on 1/1/2014Our first time to the restaurant on New Years Day to attend a movie. We were both pleasantly surprised to have such a great meal. Great service. Good wines.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceNancyDined on 11/16/2013Food is wonderful, service great, wine was perfect. A casual but pleasant atmosphere. Great for any occasion.Special Features:
- Upgrade over previous restaurantJImmyVIPDined on 10/25/2013Definite upgrade over previous Italian restaurant a this same location. Still not as good as it could be. But definitely worth a try. Server was excellent, food was good not great. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!golfgirlVIPDined on 10/21/2013The food here is wonderful! Excellent pizza, salads and entrees. The staff is super friendly and willing to go the extra mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodAnniversaryDined on 10/18/2013We enjoyed this made over "Bruno" restaurant in Restaurant Row. The service was excellent; from the hostess, to the server Ruby, to the food runner and water girl...such nice and friendly people. The food was excellent, the wine we chose was also wonderful. The ambiance could have used a little change. The booths were the same as from Bruno's. The tables are too far from the seats...so you are constantly having to lean into your plate. The booths in the back have that horrible upright backing...which has the opposite affect. This can all be changed over time...that is if they don't go through the ever prevelent "turn over" curse of Restaurant Row. So many others have failed...I'm really hopeful this restaurant stays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great for kids.LocalDinerDined on 10/12/2013All of us agreed we'll be back. The caprese had the creamiest mozzarella. We all loved the ricotta pumpkin cheesecake. The gluten free options are a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome ChangeBirthdayGirlVIPDined on 10/6/2013This restaurant was recently opened by new owners and has been remodeled. The old charm the venue had was kept while adding several great improvements. A new bar and the dining room has been opened up to allow more light and brings a more welcomed feel. The manager made sure to keep the service on track but improvement on the level of service by the wait staff needs a bit of improvement. Not bad but just a little off. This place is new so that should be expected and I imagine that as they get into the swing of things this will improve. Our food was delicious and plentiful making it a good value as well. Best Bruschetta that we've ever had and each one of us enjoyed what they ordered and do did other people that were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing first visitSusan1484VIPDined on 8/23/2013Revamped from the old 'Bruno's'. Menu was very pricey and insignificant. The Caesar salad; chopped up lettuce, sprinkles of cheese, not enough dressing (had to ask for more); clams were too salty and small; pasta - nothing outstanding. The outstanding food item was the bread and olive oil dipping sauce. It was to die for! (but you only get one piece and have to flag down a bus boy for more.) No wine ordered, no drinks except for water; one soup, one salad, one pasta dish (meatless) and clams as a starter and it was $40. Service and server were excellent - no complaints there. When we asked for something, it was quickly attended to. But the food does not warrant the high prices. You expect better for a top notch Italian menu.
- Great food - great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/13/2013Excellent food in a comfortable place. Service is personal, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local Italian restaurantClayVIPDined on 7/6/2013Comfortable and open ambiance along with great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.